CHAPTER 2

“You’re a lucky son of a bitch!” Xander laughed whistling softly as Buffy bent over another suitcase searching for appropriate clothing.
“What you mean?” Spike smirked pretending to be oblivious.
“Oh come on man! Stranded on a desert island and our first night you get to share your blanket with a woman as hot as that.” Xander laughed pointing to Buffy.
“You should count your lucky stars.” Xander shook his head before heading off to his designated spot around a fire with Willow, Oz and Tara.

“So pet…I get the distinct impression that you keep yourself to yourself.” Spike teased as they both huddled close to their fire. Neither was very tired yet so the blanket lay between them.
“Why would you think that?” Buffy asked.

“Well…you survive a plane crash and instead of sharing your experience like the rest of us you wandered off by yourself. At the little camp meeting we just had, you sat there quiet, mostly just studying people and you haven’t said one word since we sat here.” Spike finished taking a swig out of a Pepsi bottle. They had rationed the food and drink they had saved from the plane but Spike had sneaked this earlier.

“Guess some would say I keep myself to myself…most others just call me a bitch.” Buffy chuckled to herself staring up at the inky black sky dotted with little shining beads of light.
“So you said you go wherever the wind takes you huh? Where ya been?” Spike asked interested in finding out anything about this girl.
“Everywhere. England, Ireland, America obviously, France, Italy, Japan, Belgium, Germany, countless others…and I stopped in Portugal for awhile…only about three weeks though.” Buffy listed.

“Why?” Spike asked curiously.
“Because I didn’t like Portugal. Didn’t feel right.” Buffy shrugged.
“No I meant why do you travel? Usually only two reasons people go wandering the world. Their trying to run from something or their trying to get to something.” Spike said casually.
“Nope not for me it isn’t. I just feel better not staying in one place. I don’t like getting attached to things. What about you? You said your a drifter…what type are you?” Buffy asked turned to study his face intently.
“Im a bit of both.” Spike smiled secretly taking another swig.

“Deep.” Buffy laughed rolling her eyes.
“You know what Cordelia and Willow were right. Ive seen you someplace before.” Buffy informed him curiously.
“Right well im shattered you ready to go to sleep?” Spike asked yawning.

Buffy nodded and pulled a bit of foam she had found earlier under her head to use as a pillow. Spike took a second to study her. The flames give her a soft glow and when she closed her eyes he realised just how innocent she looked. When awake he could see the look in her eyes. The one people got when they went through something that most don’t. Something that aged them beyond their years. When she closed her eyes however she looked almost angelic. Spike smiled to himself and settled himself next to her. He threw the blanket over them but it wasn’t very big and it only half cover him.

Bloody brilliant.
He grumbled quietly to himself preparing to be freezing all night.

Buffy opened her eyes to see Spike lying on his back next to her. He was so close to her that their arms and legs where pressed together at the sides but still she could see that the blanket didn’t fully cover him.
“We should lay on our sides. It will cover you more.” Buffy’s soft voice shocked Spike and he jumped slightly.
Spike nodded and rolled onto his right side expecting her to roll to face him instead she rolled so her back was too him, he grinned to himself before pressing his chest firmly against her back. With a smile on his face he drifted off to sleep with the warm body of the woman who had captured his attention so abruptly pressed firmly against his chest.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

When Spike woke up he was very aware of two things.

One was the fact that he had a very big hard on straining against the zipper of his jeans.

The second was that that same hard on was pressed hard against the ass of the woman lying next to him.

Oh bugger.

Buffy woke up slowly, the sound of the waves soothing her making her want to do anything but awaken. She could here a bird fly over head letting out as very strange noise as it did so. It took her a full five minutes to realise someone was sleeping next to her and another five to realise that she had something very hard pressing against her ass.

Fucking great.

She rolled her eyes and almost let out a laugh when she heard him make a pained little whimper.

God men are pathetic.

Without any warning she rolled away and sat up, stretching her arms out to get rid of the dull ache that had settled in them.

“Morning.”

Without waiting for his reply she stood up and walked away heading for the large group of awake people nearby.
“Hey Buffy right?” Xander give her a charming smile holding out his hand as she neared.
“hey.” Buffy smiled back.
“So what’s the what G-man…its morning and I don’t see no rescue boat.” Xander stated the obvious looking to the older man as if for guidance.

“Well...Urm…I uh...” Giles stammered trying to come up with something to tell the gathered group.
“How much supplies to we have?” Buffy asked surprising everyone. She had hardly spoken the night before so they were surprised by her question.
“We have 29 bottles of water. Umm a dozen or so bags of chips and a few other bits and pieces….nuts, chocolate bars …most of what was on the plane went under with it.” Xander shrugged.

“Well im gunna go check out the island…see if there’s any fresh water nearby.” Buffy said turning to walk off into the jungle.
“Hey! Im coming with you!” Xander yelled after her jogging to catch up.
“Yeah me too.” Angel shrugged following the lumbering idiot.
“I don’t need any help.” Buffy said gently wanting some time to her self.
“Yeah well im feeling antsy I want to do something.” Xander shrugged.
Buffy shook her head but led the way anyway pushing her way past trees, bushes and logs with the two guys following behind.
“So how long do you think we’re gunna be here?” Xander asked.

“How are we supposed to know?” Angel panted out already feeling the strain of wandering through the jungle in this heat.
“Well I hope someone will come soon. Otherwise….” Xander trailed off looking down at his feet while Buffy and Angel shared a gloomy look.


* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

“Did you find anything?” Giles asked when the tired looking group found their way back to the beach.
“There’s a waterfall with fresh water like a mile into the jungle. I figure we should have two people gathering water in those coolers everyday so we don’t run out.” Buffy suggested pointing too three empty coolers nearby.

“Yes that’s a good plan. Anything else?” Giles asked. Buffy looked up too see the entire group with the exception of Spike standing there looking at her expectantly.

“Urm…we should set up something here on the beach too…In case it rains. We could use the bits of wreckage we have to build a sort of trough to collect rainwater. We need shelter too…” Buffy finished a little awkwardly not feeling comfortable with all these strangers looking to her too tell them what to do.

“Okay that’s good. Xander! You, Willow, Tara and Angel you start work on the trough. Oz, Anya, Gunn and Fred I will join you in building us some shelters okay.” Giles finished rubbing his hands together as if eager for work.
“Hey what about me!” Cordelia exclaimed indignantly at being left out of anything.
“You can…urm…help us.” Giles finished lamely casting a worried look at Buffy who had to turn away to hide her laughter.

As the two groups set off down the beach to start their tasks Buffy walked over to the many suitcases and pulled out a bottle of shampoo and conditioner, a sponge and a brush. She carried on rummaging until she also found a pair of shorts and a t-shirt that looked like they’d fit her and then made her way back into the jungle. It took her less than ten minutes to find the waterfall that it had taken her Angel and Xander over two hours to find and quickly shed her t-shirt and jeans eager to get under the cold water that lowed over the waterfall.

The cold water of the small lake caused goosebumps to rise on her arms and she swam close to where the water overflowed into the lake and ran her fingers through her hair untangling it. She swam back over to the rocks at the edge of the water and jumped onto them ringing her hair out. She didn’t use the shampoo and conditioner realising that she didn’t want to ruin this source of water. She was halfway through running the brush through her hair when she heard a wolf whistle sound behind her.

She let out a huff of hair and turned to see Spike standing there with that infuriating raised eyebrow look on his face. She almost blushed when his eyes raked over her barely clothed body but instead she turned back to look at the waterfall.

Ignore him ignore him.

“Hey pet. Looking good.” Spike smiled watching the water droplets run down her smooth golden back.
He grinned to himself before pulling his top over his head and pulling off his boots. He saw her back tense when she heard his clothing hit the floor but she didn’t turn around to him so he carried on, unzipping his jeans un tugging them off. Without another throat he ran and jumped into the water, taking long strokes into the middle of the water before turning to look back at Buffy.

She stared after him her mouth feeling very dry. The only thoughts that were making sense in her head was. Spike. Naked. Wet.

“What’s the matter pet? Not gunna join me?” Spike smiled enticingly making his intentions very clear.

No don’t do it Buffy. Walk away. If you have sex with him you won’t be able to escape him. You’re stuck on the same island for Christ sake!

Buffy stared at him a moment longer before gathering her clothes and sprinting off into the jungle.

“What the hell!” Spike growled making his way back out of the water and shoving his jeans back on.
What the hell is wrong with that girl!? One minute she seems like she wouldn’t mind a good old tumble and the next she’s a frigid bitch.