Author's Chapter Notes:
hey sorry this has taken so long to get out...i am having some major idea issues lol everything im writing seems to be utter crap so review and boost me up :D
Spike flicked through the channels aimlessly not paying any attention to anything in particular and not looking up when Drusilla walked into the room. She stared at him in disgust before storming off again sick of him ignoring her she stood at the counter in the kitchen staring out the window. She was sick of the lousy bastard.

She had worked tooth and nail getting all the right publicity so that when she rescued him they had been shot even higher into fame not only was she a mega star but even he was
sought after by the press. He had thwarted every attempt she had made to push their relationship and she could still see the distance in his eyes when he looked at William and she was quickly running out of ideas.

She heard the phone ring but ignored it fazing out the annoying ringing, lost in thought. The only people she ever wanted to talk to would phone her cell not the house phone so she knew it wouldn’t be important. She was so lost in thought she didn’t even notice Spike was behind her until she felt his breathe on her neck.
She spun around smacked into his solid chest. She looked up at him smiling thinking that maybe he had finally given in to his frustrations. She stared at him and give him her best lust filled look but she quickly noticed the look in his eye and frowned.


“What’s the matter my prince?” Drusilla cooed, she could see the anger in his eyes and despite the irritation she felt she knew she had to stay on his good side so she went for the sympathetic voice. She shifted slightly when he continued to just stare at her not even blinking and she felt a flicker of fear when she saw him raise clenched fist up in the air as if to punch her. She backed as far away as possible which wasn’t far as she was cornered into the kitchen sink and stared at him in confusion when he just stood there with a raised fist.

“Spike…”

“Your lucky im not a bastard because that’s the only thing that’s keeping this fist from flying so far up your ass it comes out of your fucking mouth.”
The quietly spoken threat made Dru wince and she wondered what had happened to provoke such a strong reaction from him. Lately even when he was pissed off that’s all he did was sit there moping but now she could see the boiling rage flickering in his eyes and she knew she was in trouble.

“The doctor just called.” Spike said as if that explained everything.
Drusilla frowned and looked up at him strangely.
“First of all threaten me like that again and I swear every newspaper in the world will have a story of how you’re a wife beater plastered all over their front page and second what doctor?” Drusilla asked coldly.

“Do you think im stupid? You thought I was just staying with you solely because you said that kid was mine?” Spike scoffed.

Drusilla’s eyes widened and she suddenly felt very nervous.
“As soon as I got off that damn boat I took the kid to the doctors and I had to wait eight fucking weeks just to find out he’s not even fucking mine!” He screamed all his rage, hurt and complete helplessness that he had felt over being kept away from Buffy for so long finally boiling over as he picked up a stupid glass vase off the counter and threw it into the wall behind Drusilla’s head. She ducked down as the glass completely exploded spraying glass everywhere. She stared at him in utter surprise.

The Spike she knew was completely devoted to her. He would never even dream of talking in a disrespectful tone to her never mind scream at her, threaten her and throw things in a rage. And since this was no longer her Spike she had no idea what to do to keep him.
“of course he’s yours.” Drusilla tried hopelessly not knowing what else to say.

“He’s fucking not! The tests just confirmed it!” Spike laughed hysterically.
Drusilla finally felt something snap and she give up.
“Fine it’s not yours…what can I say you just weren’t doing it for me.” She snapped nastily hoping that by insulting him she’d break him back down to the wimp he used to have been. Sadly she was wrong.

“Oh how you wound me!” Spike said sarcastically.
“You think I give a damn! The only thing that kept me here was him not you. I couldn’t give a shit what the fuck you think and if you thought you’d hurt me by insulting my bedroom skill believe me that wont work!” Spike laughed and didn’t even bother giving Dru another minute of his time, he practically ran upstairs shoving a suitcase onto his bed and throwing every piece of clothing he could find not caring about folding them at all he needed to get out of this house.

“Spike wait! You cant just leave!” Drusilla cried.
“Watch me.” Spike laughed hunting for his shoes.
“You leave this house and I swear every newspaper in the world will have your face on it with dead beat dad stamped across it!” Drusilla threatened

Before she really knew what had happened Spike rushed her shoving her against the wall and holding his arm to her throat. Her eyes widened and she stared at him in shock.
“Why the fuck do you even want me to stay!? You don’t love me! So what the fuck are you playing at.” Spike growled.

“because I need you!” Dru said desperately.
Spike stepped back and stared down at her in confusion.
“Without you my image is ruined. My entire image is built on the fact that I am a family woman Spike…you cant just leave me.” She sighed giving him her pity eyes.

Spike just gaped at her and shook his head in disbelief at just how messed up this woman he had used to adore was. She didn’t even know that something was wrong with her.
“You need help Dru.” He said sadly before grabbing his suitcase and leaving the room. As he closed the door behind him he heard the thud as she fell to the floor and her sobs echoed through the door.

He shook his head sadly and sighed before making his way outside but before he made it down the stairs he turned to look at the blue door near him. He dropped his bags and headed into the nursery staring down at baby William as he slept peacefully in his crib. Even if he wasn’t his, the kid was still the innocent one in this and he ran a finger softly down the side of his face.
“See ya later kiddo…i wish you didnt have to stay with that psycho. Maybe I’ll see you again.” He smiled before placing a soft kiss on his head.

He walked down the huge driveway and grinned when he saw all the paparazzi standing there snapping photos and yelling to him.

Here we go…guess I aint gunna be keeping the fact im leaving her secret.

“Mr Reynolds!! What are you doing!?”
“Where’s Drusilla?”
“How’s the baby!?”
“What’s it like being back?”
“Where are you going?”
Spike turned and grinned to the man who had asked the final question.

“im going home.”

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

“Xander can you get the door!”
Willow continued to rub her hair with the towel and sighed when the doorbell went once again. She cursed Xander under her breath and made her way down stairs in her pyjamas trying to comb the knots out of her wet hair. Her and Xander had bought a house as soon as they had arrived back in America and with all the interviews, advertisement deals and the many other offers that were thrown at them left right and centre they had bought a dream house and the best thing about it was Gunn and Fred had bought a house just two doors down.

Somehow all of the people from the plane had seemed to feel weird about not seeing each other again and every one except Spike, who had moved back in with Drusilla on the other side of the country had bought houses within an hour driving distance of each other, none of them really willing to give up their new found friendships. Willow opened the door and her jaw hit the floor when she saw Spike standing there awkwardly.

“Spike?!”
“The one and only.” He grinned shyly.
Willow smiled back and stepped forward wrapping him up in a tight hug.
“It feels like I haven’t seen you for ages.” Willow smiled gesturing for him to enter.

“Yeah two months…almost three.” Spike nodded taking a seat on the couch and smiling when he spotted a photograph of Xander and Willow grinning at each other with an Elvis impersonator standing next them.
Spike’s eyes immediately snapped to Willow's hand and his eyes widened when he saw the ring shining from her finger. He looked up at her in surprise and she smiled at him.
“We were in Vegas and thought what the hell.” She explained grinning happily.

“Congratulations luv.” He said into her ear as he hugged her.
“thanks….so how’s it going with you?” Willow asked curiously.
“urm…actually that’s why im here. Do you know where Buffy is?” he asked not meeting her eyes. When she didn’t respond he looked up and saw the look of pity on her face.
“Im sorry Spike I promised her I wouldn’t tell.” Willow sighed.
“But…she loves me…I know she does.” Spike said desperately.

“Yeah maybe…but you hurt her Spike. Beyond what you even think you did.” Willow sighed patting him on the arm.
“Look I know I was an ass and I lied to her but…I love her Willow…I need to make it right. I need her.” He spoke with such a broken voice that it made Willow ache a little.
“I thought you were living with Dru? I assumed you and her were making a go of it?" Willow sighed allready knowing that the blonde in front of her only had eyes for a Buffy.

“We weren’t together…I mean we are still technically married but since Buffy…I only stayed cause of the little nipper.” he sighed running a hand through his hair.
“Well why aren’t you there now?”
“He isn’t mine.” He replied simply.
“oh.”

Willow didn’t know how else to respond and she sat there nervously biting her lip.
“Look Willow, you’ve got to tell me where she is. Please? I am begging you.” He implored staring into her eyes with his tear filled blue ones and Willow had to look away not being able to deal with the intensity of the emotions in them.
The silence was broken when loud voices sounded from the hallway and Willows eyes widened comically when she heard Buffy’s distinctive laughter drawing nearer. Spike was out of his chair in an instant and practically bolted towards the living room door only to be blocked by Willow.

He looked down and saw the pleading look she had in her eyes as she held up a finger to keep him from protesting. Spike was about to call to Buffy but knew he couldn’t refuse Willow and he sighed in defeat sitting back down in defeat gesturing for Willow to do as she wanted. Willow smiled her thanks and ran out into the hallway coming face to face with a smiling Buffy and Xander.
“Hey Will we got the movies and the candy and the other yummy treats” Buffy grinned gesturing to the many bags Xander was laden with. Her grin slipped slightly when she saw the panicked look in Willows eyes and she frowned when she saw her friend casting nervous glances to the door behind her.

“Will what’s the matter?” Buffy asked suspiciously.
“Nothing, nothings the matter look why don’t you guys go take the stuff into the kitchen huh that’s a good idea yes?” Willow chuckled nervously nodding her head frantically. Buffy was amused by her friends antics and looked at the door curiously.
“Nahh I wanna see what your hiding.” Buffy laughed moving to push past Willow who looked to Xander for help. Xander unfortunately missed his wife’s look and grinned, wondering what was behind the door.
Buffy pushed the door open and stepped into the room her huge beaming smile fell from her face however when she saw who was sitting there.

“Hello luv.”