“Good morning my names Doctor Getlman…So how are we doing today?” The doctor smiled warmly at Buffy as he took a seat next to her.

“Im good, im about to pee all over your lovely paper sheet though.” Buffy joked earning a deep chuckle from the doctor. She noticed that Spike was being really quiet and she turned to the side to look at him. Seeing the nervousness on his face she smiled reassuringly at him and gave his hand a squeeze. Spike looked down at where her hand rested on his and immediately relaxed, he smiled back at her in thanks for putting him at ease before turning his attention back to the doctor.

“And urm…you are…” The doctor trailed off looking at Spike.
He didn’t want to make assumptions the last time he had done that he had promptly got a lecture from the woman on his table about assumptions.
“This is William. He’s the father.” Buffy informed him.
“Very nice to meet you William.” The doctor smiled at Spike who nodded in response to nervous to talk.

Jesus what’s wrong with me!?

Spike felt his stomach do its thirtieth flip and he rubbed the sweat off his forehead with the back of his hand. He had never been more nervous in his life and he was pretty sure that it would be him peeing not Buffy.

“Okay well lets get started then is it?” Doctor Getlman said rubbing the cold liquid onto Buffy’s belly which she promptly gasped at. The scanner was placed over her stomach and Spike watched in fascination as the doctor swiped the scanner over her stomach searching for the baby. Spike’s eyes were glued to the tiny monitor that was near the doctors side and when a fuzzy black and white image came up on the screen.

Spike sucked in a breath and stared in awe at the image on the screen. He looked down as he felt a tugging on his arm and he stared at his and Buffy’s joined hands before travelling up to Buffy smiling face.
“Are you okay sweetie?” Buffy asked a little nervously.
“Never felt better in my entire life.” Spike replied honestly.
The doctor smiled at the couple, it was rare to see a couple so…lost…in each other. He coughed to get their attention and almost felt guilty for interrupting the obviously deep connection they had.

“Well the babies are-”
“Woah stop….babies? As in more than one?” Buffy asked in shock.
“Well yes…didn’t you find out at the last appointment?” The doctor asked frowning.
“NO! I am sure i'd remember them telling me about two babies!” Buffy said shrilly still in panic mode.

“Well, this does happen I suppose but it’s rare…surely the doctor would have heard the two heart beats? Who scanned you?” The doctor questioned.
“urm Doctor Richards.” Buffy replied.
“Well I shall talk to him but there are definitely two…look here’s one and here’s the other.” The doctor said pointing to the shapes of the two babies. Buffy was too shocked to say anything and just stared at the screen in panic. Two! That’s two!

“Do you want to know the sex?” The doctor asked quietly hoping to keep the young woman calm.
“uhh Spike?” Buffy asked looking to Spike for his opinion.
“Its up to you luv. I wouldn’t mind a surprise to be honest.” Spike answered.
The doctor nodded in understanding and left the room giving the couple some privacy for a bit.

Buffy just lay there still staring at the now black screen. She was pulled out of her worrying when Spike came into her line of vision, sitting on the end of her bed.
“Buffy luv? Are you okay?” Spike asked worriedly.
“Well…im shocked…no not shocked…freaked!” Buffy stated calmly but Spike could see the honest panic in her eyes.
“Buffy its gunna be okay sweetheart.” Spike reassured her holding her hand as it rested over her stomach.

“How’s it gunna be okay…i’ve only just started to look after myself properly and now I got to try to bring up two babies by myself.” Buffy squeaked not registering what she was saying before it was out. Spike flinched slightly at the words but didn’t move away instead he moved even closer forcing her head up to look at him.
“Your not gunna be alone in this…im here Buffy…every step of the way. I'd move in with you tomorrow if I could!” Spike joked lamely getting a smile for his efforts.
“Of course Spike…im sorry I didn’t mean…”

“Its okay luv. Now are we gonna go get some lunch or not?” Spike grinned helping her down off the table.
“oh yeah lunch is a certain but I need to go to the toilet first otherwise im gunna have to go home and change these pants.” Buffy said seriously walking out of the door quickly, Spike following behind laughing.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

“And then Xander started crying and it was just….well it was the most beautiful wedding ever…even if it was performed by Elvis.” Buffy laughed through her mouthful of steak.
“Well I guess i’ve missed a lot huh.” Spike laughed shaking his head in disbelief that Xander and Willow were married.
“Yep everyone’s still really close and we all get together once every week which just so happens to be tomorrow.” Buffy smiled.
“Room for one more?”
“Yep you can squeeze in.” Buffy nodded.

They lapsed into silence for a bit while they both continued eating. Spike was looking down at his fries so he didn’t notice when Buffy suddenly stopped eating. She studied him as he eat with a frown on her face.

“Don’t you think its weird that im not across the table throttling you?” She blurted out surprising both Spike and herself.
He looked up at her with a thoughtful look and slowly nodded.
“Truth was I expected a mouth full off Red a slap off you and see ya later as the door closed. I never expected this at all.” Spike gestured to her protruding stomach.
“And I certainly didn’t expect you to allow me to be involved.” Spike smiled gratefully at her.

“Of course….couldn’t exactly leave you out of your babies lives could I.” Buffy sighed.
“So is that why your being nice to me? Because you think you have to?” Spike asked a the worry in his voice was obvious and Buffy put her hand on top of his on the table and smiled at him.

“No. Of course not Spike, if I still hated you I wouldn’t let you anywhere near me.” Buffy chuckled easing the tension a little bit.
“You hated me?”
Buffy sighed and moved her hand back into her lap again and slumped back against the chair.
“So im guessing this is the talk right? Getting everything out talk?” Buffy asked.
“Looks like.”

“Okay….yes I hated you but can you blame me! How would you have felt if you found out that I was married and had a baby.” Buffy asked pointedly.
“Yeah I understand I’d be devastated but pet….me and Dru was broken up way before we crashed.” Spike sighed.
“But you was going back to her…and then when we got off the island you told me that you might have stayed with her….I wasn’t gunna just hang around and see whether you wanted me or not Spike…that’s not how loves supposed to work.” Buffy said evenly proud that she didn’t feel the hate and resentment that she had felt when she spoke of him and Dru before.

“Im sorry.” Spike said quietly.
“I know…im kinda sorry too for not telling you about the whole pregnant thing before I left.” Buffy said laying a hand on her belly.
“So we’re good now yeah?” Spike asked a sudden smile appearing on his face.

“Yeah we are of the good.” Buffy smiled back.
“Good now….will you go out with me?”
Buffy stared at Spike in surprise and she was sure her eyes would pop out any minute while he just sat there grinning ear from ear.
“Boy…you move fast.”

“Yeah well when I know what I want I tend to go after it and I don’t want anyone to come between me and you and the babies.” Spike smiled.
“I…well…what do you mean go out?” Buffy asked unsurely.
“Dating pet. We can start from scratch if you want. Get you to trust me again.” Spike smiled sincerely.
Buffy thought about it for a minute and was surprised at herself by how quickly she settled on her answer.
“Id love to start dating you.” She smiled.
“Wow that sounds so weird…you just agreed to our first date while your six months pregnant.” Spike chuckled.

“I know…might not be a very fun person to date just to let you know….im hormonal, tired and getting some action in the next three months is out.” Buffy joked.
“We’ll see.” Spike smirked ducking as she threw her napkin at him.

“so where we going for our first date?” Buffy asked feeling excited.
“Well we're going to that thing tomorrow right? Where is it by the way?” Spike asked.
“Oh of course almost forgot! Its at Willow’s everyone usually shows up at around six there’s movies, food it’s a fun thing.” Buffy said as she started to eat once again.
“Okay so how about we go out on Saturday?” Spike asked feeling a bit nervous which was ridiculous since they had shagged like bunnies for about four months and she had already agreed to go out with him.

“Sure. Where are you taking me?” Buffy asked leaning in excitedly.
“Not telling be a surprise wont it.” Spike smiled as Buffy sat back with a huff. When she actually crossed her arms and pouted he almost chocked on his food.

God she was adorable.