“Why the bloody hell did I let you pick the film?” Spike asked himself in mock disgust, munching on his pizza slice while staring in utter horror as Jennifer Anniston pranced about onscreen with a stupid ferret. Buffy just rolled her eyes and fixed her eyes back onto the movie. Laughing and awwing her way through the entire film.
They were on their third film which was by far the best in Spik'es opinion when his cell started to vibrate in his pocket. He grabbed it and flipped it open glancing down at the back of Buffy’s head which was rested against his chest but she didn’t look back at him.

“hello?”
“Hello? Spike?”
“Who is this?” Spike asked with a frown recognising the voice but not really able to place it.
“Its me…Mr Reynolds.”
Spikes eye widened when it finally clicked and his mouth formed a perfect o. He stood up not noticing Buffy flop down onto her back deep in sleep.
“Urm...hi…what can I do for you?” Spike asked nervously wondering why Dru’s dad was getting in touch with him.
“I phoned to thank you…A miss Harmony Kendal called me earlier and told me that you’ve released a statement to show our daughters more…unsavoury side.” He said darkly swirling his brandy and staring sadly at a picture of Dru as a little girl.
“Your glad i’ve told the world your daughters evil?” Spike asked in surprised.

“Look…im very sad things didn’t work out with you and Dru. Truth is I thought you’d be the one to tame her but it seems my daughters gone too far this time…and im sure that all this proof about how my daughter really is will help me gain custody of my grandson.” At that Spike could feel the happiness seep into the voice making it seem much happier.
“So your going to try for custody huh?” Spike smiled.
“Yep and with this new information my lawyers said its almost a dead certain we’ll win…Dru’s proven that she’s neglectful, a drug addict and clearly unsuitable to look after a child. I just hope William wont be hurt by all this.”
“Course not im sure little Will wont find a better home than with you two.” Spike assured.
“Thank you William…I hope so…well then I wish you happiness my boy…and congratulations on the baby.” The man chuckled when he heard the shocked gasp on the end of the line before putting the phone down.
Spike shook his head and grinned before heading back into the living room.

“Hey listen Buffy-”
Spike stopped dead and stared at the couch with the sappiest grin ever on his face. Buffy was laying there with the most angelic expression on her face and Spike's eyes welled up when his eyes landed on her rounded belly. He smiled as he approached her lifting her up and carrying her to the stairs. He found her bedroom no problem and laid her out on it before hesitating. He really didn’t want to wake her up but he didn’t want to leave her laying there in her jeans and shirt either. He sighed and kneeled next to her gently shaking her shoulder wanting to rouse her as gently as possible.
“Luv…come on pet wake up.” He said gently. He smiled when he saw her eyes drift open as she yawned, scrunching her nose up sweetly. Spike chuckled at how cute she looked and smoothed her hair softly.

“Pet you need to change into your pyjamas.”
She got to her feet slowly and stumbled to her dresser still obviously half asleep. She disappeared into the bathroom and Spike stood there awkwardly. He wasn’t sure whether he should wait for her to come back and make sure she got into bed or too just give her privacy. The decision was made for him however because by the time he made his decision to leave Buffy appeared in the doorway. his mouth went dry when he saw the tiny hot pants she was wearing and the even smaller tank top.

How can a woman with a stomach the size of a watermelon look so stunning!?

“Urm…I was just leaving.” He mumbled backing away to the door placing his hands in front of the bulge he currently had in his jeans hoping Buffy wouldn’t notice. She was way to drowsy however and just flopped down onto her bed.
He was halfway out of the door when her sleepy voice reached him.
“Spike…”
“What is it luv?”
“You can stay in the spare room if you want. There’s a bunch of reporters outside and its kinda late…plus I like seeing you in the mornings.” She smiled at him.
He grinned brightly and nodded happily.
“Of course I will…goodnight luv.” He smiled going forward and kissing her gently on the forehead before walking back out into the hallway and into the bedroom next door hoping to get some privacy to get rid of his little problem.

* * * ** * * * * * * * * * * ** * * * * * * ** * *

Buffy woke up slowly stretching and smiling at the bright sunshine that shone against her eyelids warmly. She opened her eyes and smiled when she saw Spike sitting at the end of her bed with his usual boyish grin on his face and a tray in his hands. She sat up and smiled when she saw what was on the tray. A stack of waffles, toast, a plate of scrambled eggs and a big glass of orange juice all laid out nicely with a red rose laying at the top.
“Wow.”

“There ya go luv.” Spike smiled settling the tray in her lap.
“Spike you didn’t have to do this.” She said gratefully.
“I know but I want to. My girl gets the best.” Spike placed an innocent kiss on her lips and pulled back to stare into her sparkling green eyes. He had never seen them look so full of life before and he was captivated. He leant in again and kissed her but not the same kind as before, now he let all his need into the kiss and he did a happy dance in his head when she opened her mouth to let him in. He felt her moan into his mouth and her hand came up to tangle in his hair. The loud clunk as the orange glass banged against a plate snapped them out of their kiss and they both pulled back staring at each other as they both fought for breath.
“Well then…eat up luv.” Spike joked breathlessly.
“Thanks this looks amazing.”
“Hey can I go in the shower…Im not gunna be changing my clothes but id like to have a shower before putting these things back on.” Spike grimaced not looking forward to wearing the same crinkled shirt two days in a row.
“of course you can the towels are already in there.”
“Okay leave the dishes in the sink okay pet I’ll wash them when I get out.”

Buffy watched him walk out and waited till she heard the shower turn on before she squealed happily and began to eat. She was halfway through her food when she realised she had turned her mobile phone off early yesterday morning and she knew she’d be in trouble with Willow and Fred. They talked at least once a day and they were probably wondering what was happening especially if they had read the papers and magazines. She grabbed for her cell and turned it on seeing the 16 missed calls she knew she was in trouble. Deciding to get the worst out of the way she called Willow and closed her eyes waiting for the onslaught.

“WHAT THE HELL HAS BEEN HAPPENING!”
She held the phone away form her ear wincing at the loud yell from the other side of the phone.
“Hey Will…im sorry I haven’t called.”
“Buffy! What’s been going on!? First of all I read absolute bullshit from Drusilla in the paper I try to call you and there’s no answer, your house is on the news…THE NEWS! I try to come round and there’s a bunch of reporters outside who bombarded me when they realised who I was and now today they’ve changed their tune completely.”
“Im sorry Will I should of called you…What do you mean changed their tune completely?” Buffy asked curiously.
“Have you seen the papers?” Willow asked her voice suddenly quiet.

“No why? Has Spike‘s story come out yet?” Buffy asked.
“Yeah his interview has been written everywhere its in all the magazines and Buff…safe to say you don’t have to worry about Drusilla Reynolds anymore.” Willow laughed.
“really? I need to buy a paper. Do people believe Spike?” Buffy asked.
“Hell yes. Turn on the TV and put the news on….”
Buffy scrambled for her remote and turned the TV on that was sat on the dresser at the end of the bed and her mouth dropped when she saw the clip currently being shown.
“I’ll talk to you later.”
Buffy watched with her mouth open as Drusilla was dragged kicking and screaming from some sort of building by police, her hands were cuffed behind her back and she hurled herself away from the cop that was holding her trying to hide herself from the camera. The clip disappeared and a man stood there smirking at the camera.

“Looks like you really don’t know what goes on behind closed doors eh? After yesterdays interview with Drusilla we were all ready to scratch Spike Rayne’s eyes out for her but oh what a difference a day makes! With the release of Spike’s response to her statement and the mounds of evidence that’s found its way into the press we cant help but think…what did we all see in her? Mrs Reynolds has been released on bail but sources tell us that it will be very hard for her lawyer to get her out of this one…”

“Buffy luv what’s wrong?”
Buffy’s eyes snapped from the TV and too a very wet and half naked Spike. Buffy’s eyes widened even more and she momentarily forgot about the Drusilla debacle as her eyes raked over Spike’s very hot body which was barely covered by a tiny towel.
“Buffy?! I heard you squeal luv what’s wrong?” Spike asked worriedly.
Buffy was still to shocked to say anything and simply pointed at the screen. Spike turned to it and watched with rapt attention at the man on screen who was discussing his soon to be ex wife.

“William Reynolds…Drusilla’s son is currently being looked after by his grandparents who are planning on taking over custody of the boy…Spike Rayne has denied being the father and said in his statement that the father could be one of many men as Drusilla was unfaithful throughout their marriage. We’ll keep you posted on the Drusilla story however and even hotter story now Drusilla’s ex is dating non other than Buffy Summers! His fellow flight 287 survivor. Miss Summers is reportedly 6 months pregnant which means that she got pregnant on the island! The producers have been bombarded with phone calls from fans wishing the couple happiness and may we also hope everything works out for the couple…”

Spike switched the TV off and turned to look at Buffy.
“Guess it worked.” Spike said with a grin.

“Wow they really are pilling up out there.” Buffy said in a impressed voice watching as all the camera men outside seemed to scramble over each other.
“Yeah scavengers is what they are.” Spike grumbled in her ear causing her to shiver. She closed her eyes taking in the feel of him standing so close behind her and when she turned around to face him she was just inches away from his face.

Oh god im in trouble.

“urm…I was…huh…”
“Anytime today luv.” Spike smirked curling his tongue against his teeth. He knew she was getting a little flustered being close to him and he was gunna love every minute of it.
“I forgot what I was going to say.” She mumbled staring transfixed at his lips.
“Is that so.” he grinned before leaning down and capturing her lips in a needy kiss. His tongue immediately sought entrance and they were soon so lost in each other that it took her feeling his erection pressed into her belly to startle her out of the embrace. She blushed and looked down at her feet embarrass at herself for being all over him so soon. He just smiled and walked over to the kitchen table to grab his jacket.
“Well I best be off.”

“Your leaving?” Buffy asked hoping that she didn’t sound as desperate as she thought she did.
“Well I got to get ready for our date aint it?” Spike smiled when he saw her head snap up quickly.
“date?”
“You forgot?” Spike teased.
“What no! I just thought with everything…we’re still going out tonight?” She smiled happily.
“of course luv I promised you a good time and your getting one…the only problem is the press…we may end up with our date plastered over every magazine in the world and we probably be tortured by the buggers all night.” He sighed apologetically.
“Spike I don’t care as long as im with you.” She said sweetly giving him a sweet kiss on the lips as she followed him to the door.

As soon as it was opened and Spike stepped outside the flashes started and Spike rolled his eyes at the waiting paparazzi in the street. He turned to Buffy and gave her an exasperated look before kissing her goodbye chuckling when there were wild flashing and shouts.
“See you at 7.” He grinned kissing the back of her hand and walking backwards away only turning in time to give a thumbs up to the paparazzi before getting in his car. Buffy just laughed and shut the door immediately running up the stairs to prepare for her date which she only had 5 hours to prepare for.