Author's Chapter Notes:
Goodness. Feel free to maul me. I certainly would! FINALLY got over my writers' block with this, and squeezed a chapter out. Hopefully I can start spending some time on this and crank chapters out (somewhat) regularly. I am so incredibly sorry for the extreme delays!!!!! College applications, scholarships, academic decathlon, and my regular classes have bogged me down, but a few of those are pretty much OVER so I can get back to fanfics! Again, I'm very sorry, and I don't blame anyone for not remembering this fic-- but hopefully I can get it back in the zone again, and completed before long! :)
“Regardless of the crap in my past, there’s nothing that can excuse how I acted, after you treated me so well…” Buffy trailed off, a regretful look on her face before she leaned in and placed a gentle kiss on his lips. “Is there anything I can do to make it up to you?”

A wicked smile graced his features a moment later, and his tongue curled behind his teeth lecherously. “I can think of a few ways.”


Buffy returned his wicked grin, but her motivation behind doing so was different. “Down, boy,” she laughed, giving him a quick peck on the lips before snuggling against him again, this time positioned so she could look into his eyes. “I think you have a few explanations to make before I can apologize good and proper.”

“Is that so, pet?” he murmured, dipping his head down to kiss her again. He pouted when she playfully pulled away, shaking her finger at him reproachfully.

“That is exactly… so,” she replied, the uncomfortable arrangement of the words perplexing her for a moment before she shook herself out of her daze. “I believe I remember hearing that I am not the only one with many a suitcase, and I am so not going into this,” she indicated the entirety of Spike’s body, “without subjecting you to the same horrors I faced just a moment ago.”

The pout vanished, his full lips darting down quickly to give her a peck on the forehead. “Never intended not to,” he replied honestly, giving her an apologetic smile. “Would it work to say I’m stalling for time and we should get back to this later?”

“No you can not,” Buffy answered, an indignant expression on her face. “I believe that’s my line—in fact, it’s copyrighted to me, and if you use it, I’ll go all Donald Trump on you.”

“Oh, really, now?” Spike purred, sliding his hand beneath the blanket to cup her soft breast. “What if I distract you? Gonna sue me for that, love?”

“Depends,” she gasped, as his finger traced around her nipple.

“On what, might I ask?” His hand slid down her taut stomach and began to gently massage her mound, a glazed look appearing in her eyes with his ministrations.

He was surprised when she grinned and managed to speak, despite his finger dipping into her wet heat. “On whether I get off.”

At her words, Spike immediately slid down her body until he was completely under the blanket, Buffy beginning to ask just what he was doing before she felt his hands wrap around her thighs and bring her center up to his waiting mouth. “Oh!” she gasped, both in pleasure and realization, blushing as his lips wrapped around her clit.

“Am I out of the woods yet, love?” Spike murmured against her sensitized skin, smiling when the only answer he got was a gurgled ‘yes.’

~*~

Willow Rosenberg considered herself to be an excellent friend. True, she hadn’t excelled in the friend-acquiring subject when in high school, but her skills in camaraderie had burgeoned in college, and she was now quite comfortable with her relationships. And as she always took her roles quite seriously, be they in computer research, lesbian loving, or good ol’ girl talk, Willow knew that there was nothing a best friend couldn’t cure with a bucket o’ strangely named ice cream and a few cheesy movies.

The redhead smiled as she strolled down the hallway in the dorm, greeting a few acquaintances as she passed them. She really didn’t know what could have happened the night before, but for Buffy not to share—that was much with the weird. In fact, Buffy had never really been the opposite of forthcoming about wigsome events before; the redhead began to feel her hands perspire and her feet get a chilled feeling as she approached her dorm room—was Buffy ready to have awesome girl night? Was it too soon? Was this too serious to have a trivial movie fest?

The thoughts raced at light speed in Willow’s super-smart cranium, so quickly that she didn’t hear the muted gasp on the other side of the door. “Oh no,” Willow worried, biting her lip anxiously.

“Oh Spike!” Buffy gasped as his fingers curled up inside of her, triggering her orgasm.

“Oh baby,” Spike purred, moving back up her body and pull her into a passionate, hazy kiss—right as the door opened.

“Oh my god!”

~*~

It was several minutes until Buffy and Spike were dressed, Willow’s face began to be discernable from her hair, and the three stood in the middle of the dorm room to have an uncomfortable conversation.

“So,” Willow began, smiling awkwardly at the tousled hair on both her roommate and the bleached blond Brit holding hands. “I take it you guys worked out the stuff from last night?”

“Huh?” Buffy asked, a questioning expression on her face. When realization hit her as to what Willow was talking about, she let out a laugh. “Oh! With the whole sexy dance weirdness? Yeah, that’s been over for a while, Wills.”

“Oh!” the redhead replied, her relieved smile fading into a puzzled look as she remembered her friend’s strange behavior. “Oh… Then what was up this morning?”

“That was me being stupid,” Buffy offered, squeezing Spike’s hand comfortingly. “Again,” she added, shrugging. “Spike’s getting used to it.”

“Good to know,” Willow said. She gave the uncomfortable young man a thumbs up and a solemn look before glancing at the door. “So are you two…”

“No!” A pause. “Yes!” Buffy looked helplessly at the mute man beside her before turning her gaze back to Willow. “I don’t know?”

“Right!” the redhead cut in, inwardly hitting herself for the badly timed question. “Um, I’ll get back to you guys later—just, you know, fill me in on that—”

“Later!” Buffy agreed, looking nervously at Spike’s face to see his reaction but finding it unreadable. “So—”

“I’m going,” Willow said, giving the thumbs up again before slowly backing out of the room. “Um, nice to see you again Spike! See you tonight Buffy… Or, you know, not.”

“Bye, Wills!” Buffy called out as the redhead made her exit, turning to face Spike again as soon as the door shut. “Okay, I’m so sorry about that, and please, don’t hate me for the babbling, I didn’t mean to forsake you or anything, it was just an experience that I so never want to have ever again, I can not believe that Willow walked in on—”

“Stop, Buffy.” Spike’s voice was calm, but had an evenness to it that seemed unnatural—it was with courage she didn’t know she possessed that she managed to meet his eyes, and she nearly collapsed with relief when she found that they were amused. “We can deal with Willow later.”

“Later,” Buffy repeated, taking a deep breath before letting out a shaky laugh. “I still can’t believe that she walked in on that.”

He couldn’t believe how innocent this woman was, despite her prior experience with men. Well, three men wasn’t a large number by all accounts, but there was still so much fire within her that had yet to be unleashed. “Obviously you’ve been living the tamer side of college life, love,” Spike said, grinning. “I don’t know how many times—”

“Finish that sentence, and you lose all your parts,” Buffy interrupted, a deadly gleam in her eye.

“—I walked in on my roommate with his girlfriend,” Spike said carefully after a moment, narrowing his eyes at the blonde girl before him. “The faith you have in me is astounding, love.”

“Oh, come on!” Buffy protested, settling herself down on the side of the bed and looking up at Spike playfully. “You can’t honestly say that it was fun hearing me talk about all the boys in my life.”

“I wouldn’t call it fun, no,” Spike replied carefully, sitting down beside her and taking her hand in his, “but maybe it’s a bit important in understanding just who you are?” When she looked away, Spike brought his hand to her face, turning her to look into his eyes once more. “Willow asked a rather good question, pet, that I think we may need to be asking ourselves right now.”

“Whether we’re going to sleep at your place tonight?” Buffy offered weakly.

Spike shook his head good naturedly, giving the blonde a gentle kiss on her lips before carefully asking, “What is this between us?”

“Can that please be rhetorical?”

“No, Buffy,” Spike said, taking a deep breath to try to calm himself. As much as he adored all of Buffy’s mannerisms and quirks, she absolutely refused to be serious, even for a little while. “We can’t just go on evading this, you know. We need answers—I need answers, and it’s not fair for you to deny me this—”

“Well I’m overwhelmed!” Buffy exclaimed, standing up and pacing between the beds nervously. The abrupt end of evasion surprised Spike and he stayed quiet as he let her move animatedly for a few moments, trying to compose her thoughts. “This is something else I’ve never done before, you know,” she started, with a self-deprecating laugh. “I mean, I never thought I’d have a conversation about what my relationship was with someone after I fucked them twice—”

“Don’t you dare make what we did into something wrong,” Spike said, his voice deadly serious. “You know just as well as I do that we were not fucking—”

“Well that’s what people do when they aren’t together before they have sex!”

“Stop it, Buffy!” Spike yelled, rising to his feet and stalking towards the small woman before him. “I know why you try to ruin this every time we get close. Just stop this, please!”

“Why the fuck do you even want me?” Buffy replied, her voice still angry but with a waver that betrayed her true emotions. She was so vulnerable, but Spike knew that this pressure was necessary. If they were to be together, they needed to get past these issues before anything more progressed between the two of them.

“You don’t know why?”

“No!” she screeched, bending over slight and grasping her hair in frustrated hands. “I can’t see a damn thing about myself that anyone would want, let alone someone as wonderful as you!”

Spike’s heart ached at her broken words. Gently, he reached out and touched her shoulder. When he felt no resistance, he knew the anger had finally dissipated. They’d only been arguing for a few minutes, but god, it felt like an eternity.

“Buffy, love, look at me.” It wasn’t a request but she readily complied, letting her arms drop to her sides and inclining her head upwards. “There is nothing wrong with what we did—”

“I know that,” Buffy interrupted, her voice flat where only moments before it had been livid. “I’m just so scared of being hurt again, especially by you. I… I don’t know whether I would be able to handle it.”

“Oh, Buffy,” Spike whispered, pulling her tiny frame against his in an impromptu embrace. “Not gonna hurt you, love, never gonna hurt you.”

“But if you did—”

“Oh sweetheart,” he breathed, lifting her chin to meet her eyes. “You’re one of the strongest women I’ve ever met. You’re just… You’re so different. Your heart may have some walls that need broken down, but you managed to protect yourself without making everyone around you just as miserable as you feel.” He kissed her then, tenderly. “You shine, Buffy.”

Eyes welling with tears and mind overwhelmed (but in a decidedly better manner), Buffy did the only thing that seemed right—she kissed him back, and again and again and again.

~*~

Standing before the Bronze several hours later, Buffy lifted her head to receive another reverent kiss from her official, no-questions-nor-doubts-about-it boyfriend. “I think I adore you,” murmured Buffy, smiling against his lips.

“What time do you get off?” Spike whined impatiently, pressing his lips against hers again. “I’ll be here the second you’re done serving those buggers… and then maybe you can serve me—”

“Eleven,” she interrupted, breaking away from his embrace and rolling her eyes at his lewdness. “Gosh, now that I’m your girlfriend don’t I deserve a teeny ounce of decency?”

“Nope,” Spike replied, grinning like a wolf. “Just means I get to ravish you like always, but with society’s approval this time.”

“Yay me. Yay ravishing,” Buffy said in a tiny voice, striking a cheerleading pose.

“Hey now! Do that again!”

“Ew, can you be any more of a depraved old man?” Buffy laughed at Spike’s expression akin to a panting dog, but a miniscule idea wormed its way into her head. Hmmm where did I put my old uniform?

“Don’t act like it doesn’t turn you on.” Spike leered at the blush on the blonde’s cheeks, inciting thoughts of the other places that tinted red when she was embarrassed. Abruptly, he pulled her into a passionate kiss, the two a picture of contentment to the other patrons of the busy street.

No one noticed the nondescript black sedan parked on the other side, nor saw the man inside snap a picture of the kissing couple.