[Reviews - 319] LikedPrinter
Summary: William Pratt, a successful European artist, has received an offer from Liam Angelus of L.A. to do a series of nude portraits. Despite his reservations, Spike complies, unaware of the effects that the chosen subject, struggling art student Buffy Summers, will have and the problems she will cause. (All Human Fantasy) Runner-up Best Fantast at the S&B Awards Round 3
Rated: AO-AdultsOnly
Categories: NC-17 Fics Characters: None
Genres: Romance
Warnings: Adult Language, Sexual Situations, Buffy/Other, Spike/Other
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 19 Completed: No
Word count: 41379 Read: 16220
Published: 12/28/2006 Updated: 02/07/2008

1. Chapter 1 by Devin [Reviews - 17] Liked (2174 words)
Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

And my first attempt at an AU (or Fantasy, as I believe it as called, here) fic! I hope to get this out relatively regularly, because Fool Me Once has gotten a bit BLEGH in my mind (a form of writers' block, I suppose); so I'm working on this, which will hopefully be a lot of fun. :)

A couple of background details-- no Dawn; no supernatural things of any kind; I reserve the right to make Angelus as evil as I wish, and as OOC as I fantasize; I am a big sap; I go through periods of extreme apathy, so forgive me if this isn't updated quickly enough; I LOVE readers, and I write for you!

There will eventually be a lot of smut in this, but it'll take a little time to arrive.

This fic is for Duchess of Buffonia's challenge "Seduction in Oils," and although there are some details I changed, most of it's the same. :) Thanks for having a fun topic!
And so it begins! Any feedback is definitely appreciated. Hope you enjoy!

2. Chapter 2 by Devin [Reviews - 15] Liked (1516 words)
Thanks for the reviews!

3. Chapter 3 by Devin [Reviews - 20] Liked (2604 words)
Anyone have any good, sexy songs that make you think of Buffy and Spike? Please share, if you do, because I'm a little writers' block-y with the next chap.

Thanks for all of the encouraging reviews!

4. Chapter 4 by Devin [Reviews - 20] Liked (2592 words)
This chapter was not easy in coming. :( I really couldn't seem to settle on a song, but one of my favorite found its way into the story. Thanks for your suggestions! You guys are totally great. :)

A few notes:

I reserve the right to talk smack on Fresno-- I live there. :)

The Bronze is kind of already in its revamped (pun intended) stage-- fancy-esque, but still with local charm. :)

Buffy does work at the Bronze, but that doesn't mean she can't party there too!

This chapter begins the oh-so-desired sexual tension; I haven't written anything in a while, so any constructive criticism on this is WELCOME!

For good measure, I'm adding in the freaky/kinky warning-- in case I feel inspired at a later occasion. It hasn't been this way the whole time, so just making it apparent.

The song in this chapter is "Come Down" by Bush.

5. Chapter 5 by Devin [Reviews - 17] Liked (1244 words)
Thanks for the reviews! I can not say it enough, you guys are so awesome. :)

6. Chapter 6 by Devin [Reviews - 17] Liked (1447 words)
Sorry, but they're not meeting this chapter! I PROMISE that it'll be the next update, but we just have to read this li'l chapter before then. Thanks so much for all of you guys' patience, I really appreciate it! On another note, this chapter mentions "Angel O'Connor" (unimaginative name, sorry). He and Angelus are NOT the same person, but don't worry too much about the potential confusion of this sitch-- he's a one-time mention.

7. Chapter 7 by Devin [Reviews - 20] Liked (2694 words)
What you've all been waiting for!!! :) I thank all of you that have stuck with me this far, and I hope that the coming chapters will make up for the wait. ;)

8. Chapter 8 by Devin [Reviews - 16] Liked (1074 words)
Short update. :( I'm sorry, but the rate is going to go down a bit-- I'm back in school and have some pretty ALSKJDFLAKJ classes, which kills the muse-- but I'm going to put as much time as I can (which is a pretty decent amount) into this fic. :) You guys are really, really great!!!

9. Chapter 9 by Devin [Reviews - 22] Liked (2714 words)
Ah!! Sorry this was a long wait, I went to San Diego this weekend to see my dad and didn't get a chance to write until today-- I had most of it done, but there were a few parts in between that needed editing. :( Sorry for the delay!

This is a sort of preparatory chap before the Full Monty, but it has some interesting parts. :) Thanks for the reviews, you guys!

10. Chapter 10 by Devin [Reviews - 24] Liked (2817 words)
Hey! Okay, I've had a few comments about this being not so much Spuffy as Buffy with friends, and I PROMISE you all-- this is Spuffy! The plot I've set out takes a little time for things to get going, you know? But I assure you all, there will be MUCH Spuffy in this within the next few chapters-- I promise! :)
And again, I just want to say that I'm not an artist, so (even if this is wrong), this is how I'm making the paintings done: Spike sketches, works on the paintings on his own time, and has Buffy pose again for finishing touches. Good? Bad? Feel free to share. Oh, and I respond to all my reviews, so if you have a question or complaint, feel free to share!

11. Chapter 11 by Devin [Reviews - 17] Liked (2313 words)
I'm so sorry that this has been so long in updating. Personal stuff messing with me--broke up with my boyfriend, so romance fiction seemed very unappealing. Thanks for all the great reviews last chapter; all I can say now is that what you've been waiting for is within the next few chapters. Thanks for reading, guys!

12. Chapter 12 by Devin [Reviews - 21] Liked (2152 words)
This chapter came out quick! I felt bad for keeping you all waiting, so I decided to update now instead of making it longer. Hope it's good. And I noticed that not as many people read last chapter-- I hope that doesn't mean you guys are losing interest. Thanks for the reviews and for reading, all!

13. Chapter 13 by Devin [Reviews - 17] Liked (2734 words)
Lucky for you guys, I'm sick and taking the day off from school tomorrow-- so I had time to neglect my homework and get this chapter out for you. And I think you'll definitely enjoy. :) Btw, I don't make a common practice of leaving candles burning when I'm out, but this is a fantasy world-- pretend that buildings don't burn down or something. :)

14. Chapter 14 by Devin [Reviews - 17] Liked (3029 words)
I think you'll like. :) Oh, and I just want to say that this fic got my first nomination ever! Round 19 at Love's Last Glimpse Awards, for Best WIP, Best Comedy/Fluff, and Best Fantasy. Whoever nominated me, thank you so so much! Onto the chapter-- you guys have waited long enough!!!!

15. Chapter 15 by Devin [Reviews - 14] Liked (2443 words)
I AM SORRY FOR THE LONG WAIT! That being said, I AM SORRY FOR THE LONG WAIT! My mind decided to take an extended siesta, leaving me with undone homework and no updates. I AM SORRY FOR THE LONG WAIT! I originally planned for this to be twice as long as it is, but I could not get this first segment out until today-- and wanted to post lest I regain my apathy. I'm so sorry, and I promise that all will be grand once more soon (some of my teachers are letting up on the workload, so yay Spuffy!). If this chap sucks, sorry-- written late at night whilst sleep deprivation reigned.

16. Chapter 16 by Devin [Reviews - 17] Liked (2536 words)
There were a lot fewer reviews last chapter than I've gotten for all the other ones-- did I lose some of you guys? I've been swamped with work and RL commitments, and I didn't have a chance (or a muse) to work on this until tonight-- and even then I neglected homework. If you guys are still reading, it would mean a lot for you to review so I can know how I'm doing (and it makes the next chapter a lot quicker in uploading). Thanks to all who are sticking with me!

This chap still isn't the whole one that I planned, but I promise the next will set us up into good ol' plotsville-- and usher in some answers. :) Oh, and the song in this chapter is "Let Go" by Waking Ashland-- LISTEN TO IT! Fantastic music. :)

17. Chapter 17 by Devin [Reviews - 10] Liked (1965 words)
Please don't kill me!!! That being said, I'm so sorry. I meant to update weeks ago, but two weeks ago I got sick and was completely drained (I'm only just now feeling back to my regular self); my birthday was last week; I got my license that same week; had an extremely busy weekend; and I am just finishing benchmark exams tomorrow. Still, there's no excuse-- I've been neglecting my little plot bunny, but I promise, I'm not abandoning it! Updates may be a bit rocky in their schedule the next few chapters, but hopefully after the end of the month I'll be back to my usual one or two per week. I'm so sorry, guys, but thank you to all who reviewed, and please, don't forget this fic!!!!

18. Chapter 18 by Devin [Reviews - 6] Liked (2301 words)
Goodness. Feel free to maul me. I certainly would! FINALLY got over my writers' block with this, and squeezed a chapter out. Hopefully I can start spending some time on this and crank chapters out (somewhat) regularly. I am so incredibly sorry for the extreme delays!!!!! College applications, scholarships, academic decathlon, and my regular classes have bogged me down, but a few of those are pretty much OVER so I can get back to fanfics! Again, I'm very sorry, and I don't blame anyone for not remembering this fic-- but hopefully I can get it back in the zone again, and completed before long! :)

19. Chapter 19 by Devin [Reviews - 12] Liked (1030 words)
Yay! A chapter! I think the whole write-then-post thing has worked out well for me so far--instant gratification is sort of my m.o. Thanks for the reviews last chapter, seems like I lost a ton of you guys, but oh well. Glad to see some of you are sticking with me, and I've got a few that are new. :) Thanks a ton! Hope you like the chapter! Sorry it's short, but I felt like it had to break here--some stuff coming up that I couldn't wait to write, before I got blocked. Smoochies, y'all!