Author's Chapter Notes:
Please vote for me at Sunny D - I will post loads and loads if you do
Chapter 34 – Comfort and Love

AN* Please vote for me at Sunny D – please please please – I will post more if you do.






William arrived at Craven House almost the same time as Clem. The two friends looked at each other with trepidation. They had spoken only this morning and their conversation was still fresh in their minds. Clem wondered why William had asked him to meet him here, considering that only this morning he was sure his friend had accused him of falling for Buffy.

Each man handed their horse to the stable lad who had been tasked with waiting for them. William, taking the bull by the horns, walked up to his friend and shook his hand firmly.

“Thanks for coming, Clem” he smiled at his friend. “I was not sure you would, considering our talk this morning.”

Clem returned William’s smile. “What’s this all about, William?”

As quickly as he could William imparted the contents of Buffy’s missive. Clem’s shocked face did not surprise William in the least. He knew, at that moment, he had been correct in his assumption that Clem cared deeply for Buffy. Now was not the time to question him. His first priority was Buffy.

Giles opened the door to William’s knock and bid them into the hall.

“My Lords, thank you for responding so quickly. His Grace is waiting in the library, please follow me”

William and Clem looked at each other in confusion. As they crossed the hall behind the butler, both men wondered why Craven required their presence. Giles preceded them into the library announcing their entrance to his Grace. Craven rose from behind his desk, and indicated to Giles to pour the brandy. The duke asked Giles to summon Xander to join them.

“We have much to discuss, gentlemen, concerning this wedding.” Both William and Clem looked at each other in astonishment. They had not expected this. By the tone of Buffy’s note to William, they both expected to find a house almost in mourning.

Xander entered the room and for the first time since entering the mansion William realised that Lady Joyce must, indeed, be most unwell. The boy looked haggard and it was obvious he had been crying. Both men decided not to comment.

Craven addressed the assembled room. “Gentlemen, I asked Buffy to summon you here as we have a lot to do. My wife is quite ill and although is expected to be as good as new within the sennight, I do not wish a recurrence of her illness.” As he spoke he rose from his chair behind the large desk and walked to the centre of the room. He commanded the attention of all, but his eyes were on William. “To this end, William, I wish you and Lord Telford to work closely with my son to plan your journey to the north.”

William was shocked, surely if her Grace was ill would it not be best if she continued to live in London. He made his thoughts known to Craven. “Are you sure she should be moved, your Grace?”

“Indeed she should, William.” Craven replied. “Her doctor is convinced that we should move her out of London as soon as possible. With the wedding but three weeks away, we do not have much time to organise everything. What arrangements have been made for your arrival at Annandale?”

William thought about the conversation between he father and he just a short time ago. Annandale had been correct in his description of Craven’s character. His father would never have moved his mother three hundred miles away from home when she was ill. The difference between the two men was clear. Annandale had loved his wife more than his own life, Craven tolerated his. A deep feeling of resentment welled in his breast against this man, and he was pleased that he would be removing Buffy from his influence.

With great effort, William kept his disgust from his face and voice.

“I have sent word to Annandale, sir, to prepare for our arrival.”

Craven nodded, “Good, I am sending some of my own people to help. I know your estate is not at its best, William, which is why this marriage is so important to your family.”

Flushing with embarrassment at the duke’s reference to his family finances, William bit his tongue till he tasted blood. He wanted to kill this man where he stood for his obnoxious comments. How dare he wash the Annandale linen in public with such alacrity?

If he noticed William’s discomfort, the duke did not comment. He continued with his speech.

“Within the last hour I have sent word to Craven Hall to send skilled men to your estate. I do not know what state it is in, but I cannot remember the last time you or your father visited there.” Craven watched the indignation creep over William’s face. “I do not mean to be critical here, William, but I want my daughters and their mother to live in the type of home they deserve. If that means that I pay for this privilege then so be it. I will not be argued with on this matter, William. In fact you should be grateful I am willing to spend even more money on this marriage than I intended.”

Swallowing his pride, William could see then sense of Craven’s actions, and nodded his acceptance.

Turning to Clem, the duke addressed him directly. “I understand you and William are good friends.” Clem nodded as Craven continued. “Good. I am charging you with making sure that the best Inns are procured for the journey to Annandale. I would like you to go on ahead and pay for the rooms in advance.” Returning to his desk, he withdrew a small key from his waistcoat pocket and unlocked the drawers. Pulling out a roll of soft, he handed it to Clem. “Find out from my tiger where I have cattle stabled. Make sure there are enough fresh horses ready for change. Purchase them if you have to, I can always sell them again once the move is complete.”

The duke then turned to his son. “Xander my boy, I want you to work with Giles to organise the transport of servants and all the other things required for your mother’s comfort.” Craven could see by the look on his son’s face that Xander did not think that this task was important enough for his attention. He ignored his son’s reaction and carried on. “I want every comfort we can afford sent north Xander. Use Giles as much as you can. He will know the best agencies to find what you need.”

Xander started to protest. “Is there not something else I can do, father. This seems such an inconsequential task considering there must be so much to do.”

Craven stared at his son in disgust. “You think what I ask is too low for you, boy?” the duke questioned his son. “I want your mother to arrive to comfort and you will make sure it happens.”

Shrinking from his father’s tone, William watched the boy as he appeared to cower in the chair. Xander did not deserve such treatment from his father. The pup had stood up to William which considering his own reputation, one had to admire him for his valour. William decided to defend the young man.

“Is there not some other tasks that could be assigned to Xander, your grace. It would appear to me that your butler is quite capable of completing the moves, sir.”

The Duke was not used to people questioning his word. Lifting one eyebrow, he asked of William. “Do you have another suggestion, boy?”

Refusing to be intimidated, William made his suggestion. “Why not let Lord Alexander accompany Lord Telford in securing accommodation and horse flesh for the journey. He will surely know your taste in Inn’s and he would make sure your money is spent wisely.”

Luckily Clem was not offended. He recognised immediately what William was trying to do. Young though Xander was, it did not befit the son of a Duke to take on the duties of a servant.

Thoughtfully, Craven contemplated William’s suggestion. His son was not the sharpest knife in the drawer, but he had a large heart. This idea of William’s would suit his son well, especially with Telford doing all the work. He made a mental note to speak to Telford on his own during the evening.

“I think you are right, William. Xander can accompany Telford on his trip. He knows my standards and he will ensure they are met.”

Xander was grateful to William for his suggestion. This new task would suit him much better and would also get him away from his over-bearing father.

“Thank you for your trust, father.”

Craven smiled at his son. “I am sure you will not let me down, Xander.” Everyone could see the pride swell on his son’s face.

“Shall we join Buffy and Dawn, gentlemen. I am sure they will be in the drawing room” and with that comment he made for the library door.



Buffy and Dawn were sitting huddled together on the sofa. William’s heart rose into his throat at her distress. He could not help himself as he moved across the room and sat next to her. Without thought he lifted her hand to his lips for a kiss. Buffy stared red eyed at him, and in that moment he never thought her more beautiful. His love shone from his eyes as he smiled at his beloved. She smiled shyly in return and moved closer to him to lay her head on his shoulder.

William was in heaven, his golden goddess was by his side and he could feel the heat of her body next to his. He desperately wanted to kiss her but could not. He was not sure if she would allow him, and there were too many people in the room.

“Are you alright, sweetheart,” he whispered down to her.

Buffy shook her head from side to side. “Will you take me out of this room, William, I need some privacy.”

“Of course,” William rose and offered her his hand to rise. Once she was beside him he tucked her arm through his and informed all in the room that they were both going to the conservatory to talk. No one stopped them.

She kept her arm through his throughout their journey through the house. Buffy told William of the events of the day; including how her father had come home from business and issued his orders. Starting to cry once more, William removed her arm from his and gently moved his arm around her shoulders. “There there, sweetheart, please don’t cry, I don’t know what to do if you cry.” He found a handkerchief in his inside pocket and used to gently dry her tears.

William’s arm was still around her shoulders as they entered the conservatory and he used his other hand to close the doors.

Without hesitation William moved Buffy around until she stood in front of him. Closing both arms around her he drew her close. Moving into his embrace, Buffy lifted her arms and placed them around him. Holding on tight she moved her face against his chest as if seeking solace. William moved one hand to hold her tightly around her small waist while moving his other hand into her hair. Buffy forgot that she was supposed to hate this man; her being needed solace and this man was willing to give her it. All thoughts of his lies and tricks flew from her mind. All she needed at the moment, this man was willing to give her.

They stood like that for a long time, William gently rocking Buffy from side to side. Spying a low couch amongst the shrubbery he slowly guided her to it. William sat and drew her gently into his lap. He held her face against his shoulder and continued his soft rocking motion. There was no need for words. Words would have spoiled the moment.

Buffy continued to cry while William wiped away her tears. Through her own misery she could see how much her distress affected him. He was concerned for her, she was sure she could see it in his eyes. She lifted her face towards him and placed a small kiss on the corner of his mouth. “Thank you, William.” She softly whispered.

William moved his head slightly until their lips almost met. “Your welcome, luv.”

“Am I your love William?” she stared into his eyes.

As he lowered his head to kiss her lips he whispered, “Always, my angel, always.” The last words were said against her lips as closed the gap between them.

His kiss was light and teasing and Buffy revelled in the feeling of his soft lips against hers once more. He did not try to deepen the kiss keeping it to small nips and licks. She needed more. Maybe this would make her forget the pain of the mother’s illness. With determination, Buffy opened her mouth and let him in.

He did not need to be told twice. Without hesitation he slowly folded his tongue into her mouth and gently rubbed it against hers. Buffy’s tongue met his halfway and within moments their mouths were battling with each other. Arms tightened, and bodies moved close together in their frenzy. Without conscious thought, William started to lift the hem of her gown.

Between little nips and licks, William whispered against her lips. “Do you want me to make you feel good, sweetling? Do you want me to bring you joy? Do you want to see the stars?”

Buffy let her legs drop open to his rising hand. She needed this so badly. Not caring that she had promised both herself and him that this would never happen again, she wanted to feel something other than sorrow.

“Touch me, Spike, please” she pleaded as she writhed on his lap.

William swore he felt his heart swell in his chest at the sound of her pet name for him on her lips. He would make sure that she was well taken care of. He would keep her coming so many times she would forget her own name. With this resolve he kissed her softly once more as he moved his left hand to her cunt.

With a deftness borne of much practice, William found the little slit in her drawers. He could already feel her heat and her essence was pooling on his leg. A whiff of her arousal reached its way to his senses and he was immediately lost. She smelled so fresh, clean untainted and wonderful. He was home. Moving his lips from her mouth to the crook of her neck, he started to rein kisses along her collarbone as his hand began to gently tickle her outer folds. He could feel them swell at his touch, and he quickly parted them to feel the nectar dewing from her body.

He played her like a violin. Slowly he drew his fingers back and forth deliberately missing her clit each time. Every so often he would circle her hole spreading her wetness around. He was desperate to taste her but did not want to take this too far. He realised how lucky he was that his goddess was allowing him to touch her at all.

Buffy lay across his arm, eyes closed, and her face flushed with desire. William was touching her just the way she liked and she could feel her arousal increase with each stroke of his fingers. She opened his eyes and looked at him. He returned her look with such fierce desire that she knew instinctively what he wanted to do. Realising that she too wanted him to tongue her into oblivion, she nodded her head to him.

William knew exactly what she was telling him with her small nod of her beautiful neck. Without hesitation he withdrew his hand and lifted it to his mouth. With his long tongue he slowly cleaned his fingers of her juices while his eyes never left hers. He sucked each long digit into his mouth and slowly withdrew it. The look of ecstasy on his face as he closed his eyes savouring her taste was turning her on even more. Buffy moved from his lap to lie on the sofa and slowly opened her legs to him.

Never willing to turn down such an invitation, William quickly lifted her skirts and manoeuvred his head between her legs. Before he bent his head to taste his goddess he looked up at her face thrown back in want. It would be a sight that would stay with him forever. Smiling he moved his head downwards to love her with his mouth.

William licked her slowly from her puckered hole to her clit. She jerked under his ministrations and he was more in love than ever. He moved his tongue in small circles back towards her entrance before stabbing it inside her. She moaned as she ground herself against his mouth. Her juices were flowing freely now and he lapped at her like a cat with a bowl of cream. Small licks and kisses that sent sensation to her toes.

He decided that it was time to bring his fingers into play. Lifting his head slightly he blew softly on her swollen clit as he pushed one finger slowly inside her. He sat up straight and watched his finger disappearing inside her pretty pink pussy. She was so tight and wet that he was struggling not to pull out his cock and plunge it into her. He had decided before he started this that this time would be all for her. If wanking off in the privy was all he got from tonight, then so be it.

His eyes were glued to the open petals before him and he watched as her whole body writhed. She was moaning in earnest now, and he knew she was near the edge. He was enjoying himself too much to let this end so soon; he had to slow down the pace. Making sure this finger was well coated he slowly moved it to her pink puckered entrance. He moved her juice around the entrance for quite some time. Making sure she was well lubricated was imperative to this manoeuvre. Lifting a cushion from the sofa he placed it under her bottom.

Buffy lifted her head and looked at him. She had been enjoying him playing with the naughty place and now she wondered what he was going to do. William spied her slight distress and thought it best to put her at her ease.

“Do you trust me Pet?” he asked. Arousal had made his voice husky. “Do you trust me to make you feel good?”

She was beyond reasonable thought. William had brought her so close on three occasions so far and she realised it would not take much to push her over the edge. Whatever he had in mind would be enjoyable, of that she was sure.

“Make me feel good, Spike, make me feel everything.”

“Oh I will, little girl,” he replied, as once more he lowered his head.

Feeling his finger rub around her small hole once more, Buffy lay back and let herself relax. Spike would know what he was doing and she was sure she would love it. She gasped when she felt his tongue lick slowly around her arse. The sensation was wonderful. She moaned louder and almost bowed from the sofa when she felt his tongue make small stabbing motions against her hole.

While he was licking and stabbing at her arse, his fingers had moved to her pussy and she felt them stab inside her in time with his tongue. She cried to the ceiling at the sensation and wondered if she could ever feel anything so wonderful again. She was wrong.

William moved his juice covered fingers to her anus and gently pushed one inside. Buffy screamed at the sensation, not in pain but in wonder at the sensations she felt. He slowly moved his fingertip in and out moving deeper each time. When he got as far as the knuckle, he looked at Buffy and asked her to relax.

“This may hurt for a second, Buffy, but if you relax and work with me I promise it will be the most wonderful feeling in the world.”

Nodding her head, William could feel her take a deep breath and relax her body. He could feel the resistance against his finger loosen and he took advantage by pushing further into her. Buffy stiffened slightly at the sharp pain, but William knew it would be best to move quickly now. Once he was passed the barrier, he quickly found the little gland he as looking for and tickled it softly. He moved his head down and sucked on her clit hard.

Buffy fell apart. She had never in her life experienced such sensations. It seemed to go on and on. As one wave stopped, another started right behind it. She shook until her body gave out and the sensation began to become painful.

William seemed to know when enough was enough and stopped his ministrations to her poor cunt and arse. Without a doubt her Spike knew how to pleasure a woman well. She was a lucky woman.

It hit her then like a thunderbolt. She was not a lucky woman she was a cash cow to a womanising rakehell who cared nothing for her. Giving herself a few moments to allow her legs to start working again she quickly jumped from the sofa and straightened her dress.

She looked at William in horror, what in the world had she allowed him to do.

“I must return to my mother now” she dropped a small curtsey and made for the door.

William was by her side in a heartbeat. Grabbing her arm he pulled her round to face him.

“I will never stop you going to see your mother, Buffy” he told her. “I just thought that after what we have just shared a cuddle would not go amiss.”

Buffy stared at him in shock. He honestly thought that she would cuddle him? Not a chance in hell.

“You served your purpose, William,” she haughtily replied. “I needed some relief at the end of a bad day and you provided it. I’m sorry if you think there is more to it than that.”

He could not believe his ears. She could not mean it. There was no way she could respond the way she did to him and not feel something for him.

Realisation hit him then. She was not indifferent to him; she just did not trust him enough to believe his word.

He vowed then that he would make her trust him. He would stay at her side every day and every night they were married. He would never go out without her and he would love her all his life.

It would be enough, it had to be enough.