Chapter 44 – Plots and counter plots.


AN* to all my reviewers once again I thank you.






Craven and Drusilla faced each other across the foyer. A myriad of thoughts went through Drusilla’s mind. Her first thought being that Craven was here to stop her seeing William so that his little sunshine could have him. She would be quick to disabuse him of that notion.

“Can we go somewhere and talk, Drusilla. I am not fond of my business being discussed by gossiping servants and whatever ciscebo you have in your bed.”

Drusilla looked at him sharply. “If you insist, your grace. Would you care to join me in the drawing room?”

Craven nodded as he followed her through the open door. As she closed the door against intrusion, she asked.

“Why are you here, Craven? I believe our liaison was over long since.”

The duke looked down at the diminutive brunette. His imperious manner could not be concealed in his words. “We had two nights of mutual pleasure, Drusilla. It was hardly a liaison.”

Drusilla smiled at the duke. “Do you wish a repeat performance, Henry?”

“I prefer my women to share only my bed, my dear, and that could never be said of you. Why half the Ton has had you and the other half are but waiting their turn.”

Anger boiled inside her. She lifted her clawed hand to draw it down his face and mark him. How dare he speak to her in this manner, the man was no saint. His wife was lucky he looked for his pleasure in other’s beds; she doubted the fair duchess would enjoy the lash.

Craven caught her arm easily before she could land her claws. She was, indeed, a vixen and a part of him would enjoy taming her. He was here on business not pleasure and quickly put the thought out of his mind as he forcibly sat her down on a chair.

“Listen to me you insane bitch. I am not here for anything other than information.” He let go her arm as he continued. “Does Whitmore still visit?”

She had not seen her prince in two days and nights and her missive had been returned. It was hardly as if he had been from her side for months. He would be returning to her soon, once he was bored with his sunshine. Not sure how much Craven knew, she decided on the truth.

“He has not visited these past few days, Craven, but he will return to me.”

Craven sneered at her, “Are you so sure Drusilla? You have not seen how he behaves around my daughter. The upstart attacked me tonight when I admonished her behaviour. Not the act of someone who does not care.”

Drusilla reeled back in her chair. She had always been so sure of her prince. He was controllable and willing to act in all her plays. She would not lose him. Was Craven here to rub salt in her wounds and make her bleed? How dare he bring this news to her, she would not believe it.

“He only dallies with the chit. He loves me and will return.”

Laughing openly at her, Craven went in for the kill. “He will not return, Drusilla. That is why I am here. I want you to use all your charm to wean him away from my daughter. It is not part of my plan to have him love her. I am spending huge amounts of money on this marriage contract and it WILL go to my plan.”

“And what plan is that, Craven. The plan to remove your wife from London while you slake your lust on whatever whore can take your punishment? You hypocritical bastard! You regale at me for my lifestyle while you do just the same.”

She rose from the chair and walked slowly towards the duke.

“I will get William for me, Craven, not for you. He is my dark prince and belongs in the dark with me. I, too, have plans for William and they do not include you or your family.”

Calmly she walked to the door and bellowed for her butler from the open doorway.

“The Duke is leaving. Make sure the knocker is removed from the door. I will see no visitors tonight.”

Craven glared angrily at her and made his way to the door. He would be back to make sure she understood that she had to bring William to heel. Another few days without her lapdog would ensure she act and try to contact him. A little help with his direction may not go amiss.

“William is not at home just now, Drusilla. He stays as Craven House while my wife is unwell. Just thought you might like his direction.” With that he walked out the door to return to Catherine and his pleasures for the night.





Clem and Faith had finally surfaced from the bedroom. Both sated after their long sojourn apart, they had spent almost a day and a night together.

Sighing over his breakfast, Clem reflected on the tasks he had promised to take on for Craven. He had relayed everything to Faith between bouts of lovemaking, but it still hung heavy on him that he had to leave her alone for so long. Xander and he would be gone at least a sennight, maybe more. The route to Annandale was long and in some places dangerous, they had much to do to ensure the safety of Buffy’s family.

“I don’t like to leave you so long, sweetheart. I wish you could accompany me.”

Faith smiled at her lover across the table. “I know.” Looking down at her plate, she continued. “Do not let anyone know which inns you will be using, Clem. I do not trust Angelus or his wife. They will do their best to disrupt any plans you make.”

Lifting her head, she smiled at him. “That insane bitch will try anything, Clem. I hate them both more than I ever hated Trenton.”

Clem stared at her in surprise. “Is there something you missed telling me last night, Faith?”

“There are many things I have not told you, Clem. There are things that inhabit the dark places in my mind and I let no one enter.”

At his hurt look, she did her best to pacify him. He was so good to her after all. “Angelus loves to inflict pain and suffering. I have been told he likes to force himself on women; the more they resist the better he likes it. If William keeps Drusilla happy then he will do his best to make sure he stays in her grasp. You must warn him to be careful.”

“I promise I will talk to him, sweetling. I am not sure if it will be today, but I will speak to him as soon as I can.”

Faith smiled at her lover. “I can ask for nothing more, Clem.”





Craven House was abuzz with the news that her grace would be coming down to breakfast. She appeared much improved overnight, and declared herself fit to rise from her bed.

Buffy had burst into William’s room to impart the good news. She did not expect to find him lounging in his bath by the fire. There was no sign of his valet yet for some reason the position she found him in was too intimate for her. Stammering an apology, she made to leave his room.

William sat up quickly and water poured over the sides to pool on the floor by the tub.

“Well good morning to you, kitten. Have you come to scrub my back?”

Buffy blushed and wondered why. They had seen each other naked and explored each other, yet seeing him wet in the tub was embarrassing to her.

“No.” she said quickly. “I have come to tell you that my mother will be joining us for breakfast this morning, and I thought you would like to know.”

William smiled from the tub and laid his head to rest on the back of the tub. Smiling at her he beckoned her towards him with a crooked finger. “Come here, Buffy.” He bid her in a low voice.

Slowly she crossed the room. She dropped to her knees at the side of the bath and smiled shyly at him. “I have never scrubbed someone’s back, Spike. Would you like me to do that for you?”

He leered at her from his prone position in the tub. “I’d prefer you scrubbed my front, sweetheart.” He lowered his voice and whispered to her. “I would really like you to make sure that all parts of me are clean.”

Smiling coquettishly at him, she enquired. “Is your front very dirty, my lord?”

“Why indeed it is, my Lady” he answered her in the same vein. “It is so dirty that it needs a gentle little hand to rub it all clean.”

Buffy laughed at him. He really could be quite charming when he wanted to be. She lifted some soap from the small bowl beside the tub, and dropped her hands for a moment into the water to increase the lather.

“Would my lord like me to wash him all over, or just his extra dirty places?”

“Your lord would like you to wash anything you like as long as you finish with his extra dirty places.”

Buffy laughed once more. This man really was the limit. He deserved to be teased. Moving to the bottom of the tub she lifted his foot and spent a long time washing it. When she moved on to the other foot, William started to groan.

“Buffy, wash my dirty place.”

“When I am sure the rest of you is clean, my lord. We cannot have you appear at breakfast smelling like a street urchin.”

William’s eyes were closed, but there was a large grin on his face.

“Of course not, my lady. Wash what you like”

Buffy moved the soap slowly up his legs. He opened them as far as he could within the confines of the tub. She deliberately missed his dick and moved to his stomach and chest. As she drew closer to his face, he opened his eyes and stared deep into hers. Her breath caught at the look of adoration in them. She still did not totally trust his feelings, but she could not deny that at this moment, he was hers.

“Kiss me, Buffy.” He asked. “Kiss me like we were never going to kiss again.”

“’Twill be my pleasure, my lord” and with that she bent her head to his. She placed small kisses along his mouth. He kept his mouth closed and she sighed in frustration. Remembering how easily he could get her to open to him, she tried the same tricks. Licking at the seam of his lips with her pointed tongue and nipping gently at his bottom lip he finally opened his lips and she moved her tongue inside his mouth to massage his. He let her play with his tongue for a few moments before bringing his into play.

Soon the kiss became heated. Buffy placed her hands in his hair and pulled him closer. Not caring that he would mess her attire, William lifted his hands to her hair to hold her. Breathing soon became an issue and they pulled apart.

Flushed and aroused, Buffy spoke “Is this normal, Spike? When two people kiss as we do is there this much passion?”

“Honestly, luv, no.” he smiled at her. “It only happens like this when there are real feelings between two people.” He lowered his voice and a serious look came into his eyes. “We have deep feelings for one another, Buffy. You may not trust how I feel about you yet, sweetheart, but I can assure that I have never felt this way about anyone before.”

She could not help but ask. “Even Drusilla Angelus?”

At the mention of Dru’s name, William’s erection died a death.

“I thought I loved her, Buffy, but I see now that it was only sex.”

Buffy made to move back from the tub and William held her arm to keep her in place.

“I was nineteen when I met her, Buffy. I had come straight from the country and had been rejected by a woman I thought I loved. She was there, waiting in the wings, to make her move. I stupidly followed like a lapdog, glad of any attention she bestowed.”

He held her eyes with his for what seemed like forever.

“I made you a promise that I would never go near her again and I intend to keep my promises to you. Do you believe me, Buffy?”

Buffy looked into his eyes and saw the sincerity in them.

“I believe you, Spike.” A look of anger entered her eyes. “I will not countenance betrayal, Spike. If I hear that you are seeing her again I will have an affair with the first man who asks. Are we clear on this point?”

William smiled happily at his love. “Very clear, sweetheart.” He lifted his head and kissed her passionately once more.

“Now wench,” he joked. “Clean my dirty places before I pull you in beside me and fuck you blind.”

Laughing heartily, Buffy placed more soap in her hands and proceeded to do her master’s bidding.