Chapter 57 Daddy’s Home



AN* - Well you have all waited patiently (some more than others) for his arrival.


My sincere thanks go out to Eve and SpikeMRS for talking me out of a block.

To Mollie and Serenity – I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

To Kimber and Vette – You have kept me going with your reviews on AFF


I dedicate this chapter to them all.






Angelus had docked the evening before in Portsmouth. It had taken him a day to travel up to London, anger rising with each mile. Tending to stick to specific months of the year to return to his English wife, he was not pleased to receive her summons. He wondered what the stupid bitch had done to muck up her relationship with Whitmore. The man had been her lapdog for ten bloody years. Ten years in which their relationship had suited him well. How had she managed to lose him to a schoolroom chit, especially one as well-dowered as the Craven girl?

Dru and Angelus had often talked about what they would do with Whitmore when he came into money. It was always a foregone conclusion that Whitmore would one day marry an heiress. The Annandales had no money to speak of, but their name was good and a dukedom was enough incentive to any match-making mama. Angelus was surprised that Whitmore had shied away from the parson’s mousetrap as long as he had.

His wife had used all her powers to control William over the years. The number of times he had lain under one of her mesmeric spells while she fucked her way through London was almost a joke. Sometimes she had posed him on a chair while she entertained her visitors. On other occasions he had been used as a plaything by her current ciscebo and the idiot had not even realised. Christ, Angelus himself had used him a few times over the years and had revelled in riding a future Duke.

It seemed now those days were over. Dru had lost control of her plaything, and for that reason he had been summoned home. She had written that he was leaving her for Lady Elizabeth Summers, and asked he come home soon so that he could help her get him back. He had not wanted to leave his home in Ireland where he openly lived with his Irish mistress.

His marriage to Drusilla had been arranged by their parents when they were in their infancy, and one did not disobey one’s parents. Angelus had married her when she was but seventeen and quickly trained her to his needs. She had been a quick learner, but her fey moods did not suit his temperament and he had Darla waiting in Ireland for him.

They had arrived at their present marital arrangement many years before when it became clear that Drusilla could not conceive a child. Darla, the wife of his heart, had borne him three strapping sons and two girls. Plans were already underway by his lawyers to make sure they got his money and lands even if they could not inherit the titles he held. Drusilla did not even know of their existence as she lived happily in her own little world where she ruled like a queen.

With a growing family to feed and an expensive wife, Angelus always needed money. To this end Drusilla had kept them in a tidy amount by selling the gifts her lovers gave her. If they chose to take their pleasure without giving her pretty things, she would make them. She was exceptionally good at making them pay. If she had not been so good at bringing money into his pocket he would have got rid of her years ago and married Darla. However the amount of soft she could provide had increased over the years and until his estates turned a profit, he would keep her in London.

He had decided to stay overnight in The Jolly Waggoner on the Bath Road when he first heard of his wife’s disgrace. A young rake, truly foxed, had accosted him as soon as he had heard Angelus give his name to the landlord. Within the hour the boy was dead his body hidden in the nearby woodland, and Angelus had been informed of the events of the Craven and Annandale engagement ball.

Although he did not love Drusilla, they did still play their little games when he deigned to come home, and for that reason he felt a responsibility to her. That and her voracious sexual appetite had kept the Angelus coffers in a reasonable state. He did not want to lose his best source of income.

To be told she was currently residing in Bedlam was the outside of enough. He knew she would end up within its walls at some point, but not until her usefulness was at an end. She was still a beautiful woman; surely her mind had not gone totally over the edge.

Angry and tired, he had continued his journey into London on his hired horse. He had gone immediately to his home to question his servants. All told the same story. Two of the Prince’s Aides accompanied by Lord Alexander Summers and Lord Clement Telford had taken their mistress to Bedlam on the order of the Prince of Wales.

Once he was bathed, fed and changed into clean clothes, Angelus made his way to Bedlam. The idiot who had admitted Dru was not on duty and he easily bribed a porter to take him to his wife. He was shocked by her appearance. Expecting her to be sitting quietly he could not believe she was tied to the bed in what obviously were the clothes she had worn to Craven’s ball. She looked dirty, dishevelled and totally manic.

Drusilla turned her head at the sound of the opening door. She spied Angelus in the doorway and smiled at him.

“Liam,” she cooed. “You’re home.”

Angelus spied a small wooden chair in the room and moved it to her side to sit.

“Hello, my queen. Daddy’s home and he will make it all better.”

Smiling at her husband from her prone position on the bed, Angelus noticed that she did not seem to care that she was trussed like a chicken. He wondered if she was so far gone in the head that he would need to leave her here. He needed answers, but was not sure she was lucid enough to tell him the whole.

Looking directly into his eyes, Drusilla started her tale. Daddy would listen to her and help her to get William. She needed William back.

“The pixies brought me here before I could dance, Daddy.” She sing-songed. “Miss Edith missed the party and I don’t know where she is. She whispers to me, but I cannot find her.”

Angelus looked with sadness at his wife. She must be far gone now to talk in such riddles. Drusilla had always been fey and was gifted with second sight. It was one of her attractions, but today she appeared to be totally gone in the head. He shook his head in acceptance that she was beyond even his help now.

“Daddy?” she asked when she knew she had lost his attention.

“Yes, sweetheart, what do you want?”

She crinkled her forehead in a frown as if thinking what to say.

“William won’t come to play anymore, daddy, and I need him to come back. Can you bring him back to his dark princess, daddy?”

Looking down at the obviously mad woman on the bed, Angelus did not know how to answer her. If he told her that he would bring William to heel, he would have to keep his promise. He did not have Dru’s mesmeric skills; he could not subdue William as easily as she. He wondered if he could beat him into submission. That would be fun.

He decided to talk to her gently and try and decipher the truth from the twaddle that ran around her head. Bending from the waist towards her, he took her hand in his as he spoke.

“Drusilla, darling, talk to Daddy now please not Miss Edith. Tell me what happened before the pixies came.”

Drusilla beamed at him. He had always beaten her before when she told him of the pixies. He must believe her now. She was so happy.

When she looked at him, holding her hand and being so nice to her, she wondered why she needed anyone else. Then she remembered he had Darla and she was to find her own pleasures. Her smile disappeared and suddenly she was lucid and coherent.

“Elizabeth has bewitched him, Liam, with her blonde hair and green eyes. She has taken him away and he now plays with only her. Her money has seduced him away and she tells him lies about how she feels. She does not want him, Liam; she wants her money all to herself to be free. She will hurt him badly and he will be too broken to come back to us. We need the money she will provide him, but she will try to keep control.”

Angelus sat back in his seat amazed that she could tell him so much.

“How do you know all this, Dru?”

Grinning, she squeezed his hand tightly.

“I know, Liam, because I have looked at her and saw into her mind. Oh she likes the pleasure William can bring, but she does not trust him.” Proudly she continued. “She does not trust him because of me. She knows exactly who I am and what I mean to William and she does not like it. He has turned away from me and still she does not trust him.”

The grin faded as thoughts tangled around her head.

“If he marries the chit then he will have her money no matter what she thinks. He has a new toy to play with just now, but he will always love me. We must let them marry, Liam, and then take away his sunshine. When she is gone forever from his life, he will have her money and I will have him.”

Smiling coyly, looked up at the ceiling while she continued to hold his hand.

“Just think, Liam, all that money and it will be all ours. I will seduce it out of him in any way I can. I know his desires and I know his needs. Some silly schoolroom chit will never know him the way I do.” Turning burning eyes to her husband, she continued to speak in a low voice. “I made him into what he is today. I took his as a virgin to my bed and trained him to please me in every way. He cannot leave me, Daddy, I won’t allow it.”

Angelus could see the beauty of her plan. Killing the Summers chit would not sit on his conscience in any way. She would not be the first woman, or man, he had killed and he had found many ways to prolong his pleasure in the act. He smiled at Drusilla as he replied.

“I will find a way to get rid of her, sweetheart. We must get you out of here before the wedding if we are to put the plan in motion. It may take me a few days but I will bring you home.”

Drusilla looked at him in wonder. He was just so good to her when he wanted to be and it gave her tingly feelings inside when he spoke with her like this. Too many times he spoke with the lash and although she liked it, she preferred when he was nice to her.

“Daddy, talk to Craven. He invited me to the party, but did not tell me the scary Prince would be there. He got me so angry Daddy that I told him he could not get it up. Everyone laughed and laughed.” She frowned in remembrance, and all lucidity fled. “Then the pixies came and took me away.”

Angelus felt his anger rise at her plight. He would get her out of here if it was the last thing he did. She may be fey and slightly touched, but she did not need to be bound and dirty.

“I will take you home soon, Dru, and we will have a party to celebrate.”

Once again she beamed at him.

“With cakes, and eggs and lots of pretty dresses. Yes, I will like that very much, Daddy.”

Angelus rose from his chair and walked to the head of the bed to gently stroke her face. She purred like a kitten in his hand, and once again he swore vengeance on those who had put her here.

“I promise you, sweetheart, that I will get rid of Elizabeth Summers and bring your William home.”

Drusilla closed her eyes in happiness.

Everything would be alright now that Daddy was home.