Chapter 58 Conversations


AN* The next few chapters will deal with Angelus quite a lot, but there will be some Spuffy so hold on.




Bile rose into Angelus’ throat at the sight of the snivelling duke in front of him. In his mind this insignificant little man had torn his family apart. He swore he would do the same to his.

“Outside Craven, I think you and I need to talk.” Nodding to Lady Catherine, he smiled evilly. “Tell your whore to stay where she is for now, it is you I have need of.”

Henry could see the anger in Angelus’ dark eyes. He rose slowly from his seat hoping the man would not think he was intimidated into submission. Both men went through the door to the corridor at the rear of the private boxes to talk.

Before Craven could speak, Angelus had his hand around the man’s throat and was holding him against the wall.

“My wife is in Bedlam because of you Craven.” Angelus spat at Craven. “Tell me why I should let you fucking live. Right at this moment, your grace,” he sneered. “I want to rip you limb from limb and break your fucking neck.”

Craven could feel his bowels start to move. This man’s reputation was legend in the ton. There were many stories of how his enemies vanished without a trace, yet no blame could be laid at his door. There were stories of how he tortured his victims in unimaginable ways and took pleasure in his acts of violence. It was getting hard to breathe.

His hands flew to his throat to try and remove his torturer’s hold. It was impossible and Craven could feel the front of his trousers become wet with his own piss.

Angelus dropped him in disgust and as the duke curled on the floor trying to get a breath, he laughed. He loved when his victims pissed themselves; it was even more fun when their bowels moved too. Sure that Craven was near that point he kicked him hard in the stomach.

“Get up you cowardly bastard before I fucking kill you where you lie” he ground out between clenched teeth.

If it was not for the fact that he needed information he would kill the snivelling little runt where he lay. Deciding that he might not get away with killing this lump of shit as easily as he had others, he thought he may show some mercy.

Hauling the duke to his feet by his arms, he pinned him against the wall again.

“Where is Whitmore, Craven? I have business to attend with him once I have finished with you.”

Craven still found it hard to speak. His throat was raw from the choking hold Angelus had placed on him and his stomach was on fire. Unable to speak, he nodded his head in the direction of the Annandale box.

Angelus turned his head in the direction Craven had indicated.

“You mean to tell me that Whitmore is here tonight just two boxes down from you and your whore?”

The duke nodded and was again assailed by the tightness in his throat and gut. He realised he had pissed himself and looked down at the spreading stain across his breeches. Mortified and angry that Angelus could reduce him to a quivering wreck, he lifted his hand and pointed again to the Annandale box.

Angelus looked down at the stain on Craven breeches, and laughed. “Better get yourself home, Craven, before I make you shit yourself as well as lose your piss.” He walked away leaving a broken duke behind. He needed a word with Lord William Whitmore.

Taking a moment to calm down, Angelus stood outside the Annandale box and breathed deeply. He assumed that William was inside with his fiancé and a chaperone, it would be fun to frighten them a little. The bastard had broken his wife, and he had to pay for his part in her downfall.

As he stood outside the box waiting on his anger to come under control, he glanced back to the Craven box. It gladdened his angry heart to see the Duke and his mistress slink away from the theatre. Bloody Bastard, he thought. He would still deal with him at some point. If not himself them one of his many ’friends’. It might be a good idea to be back in Ireland before the man drew his last breath. He smiled at the thought.

Angelus shook his head from side to side and widened his stance before knocking on the door of the box. He did not choose to enter; he would let them come to him. The door opened and there stood Lord Alexander Summers. Well, well, he thought. It would have been nice to be in the audience as the Summers clan had met their father’s mistress. He almost laughed.

He was unbearably polite in his greeting to the young Lordship. He would deal with this one later as well as Telford. He was determined to find out the names of the Prince’s aides who had dragged Dru to Bedlam. They would pay for their actions as much as the Summers family.

“Good evening, Lord Alexander. My name is Lord Liam Angelus and I would like a word with Lord Whitmore, if you would be so kind as to inform him of my presence.”

Xander did not need to inform anyone in the box who he was. The whole party turned their heads as one as Xander had answered the knock.

Angelus scanned the little party. William was easy to identify as was the Duke of Annandale, however he had never met the Summers family before and he quickly identified each of them. The young blonde had to be Elizabeth and the very young dark haired girl had to be her younger sister. His eyes returned to Elizabeth and he knew immediately why William had defected from Dru’s side. The girl was absolutely beautiful. He might just fuck her before he killed her.

William stood at the sound of his name. Angelus himself wanted to speak to him and he was curious as to the cause. Surely the man realised that his crack pot of a wife could not insult the Prince of Wales in public and stay in society. He was not afraid of Angelus as others were. The man may be large and have a rather strange forehead, but he was still a man and all men could be beaten.

Smirking at the man, William made his way to the door. Buffy had stood at almost the same moment and walked behind him. Turning to her, William smiled and bid her sit back down until his return.

“Oh I think not, William. If this man wishes to speak of his wife’s actions then perhaps I should accompany you.” She smiled sweetly at him before she continued. “After all it was not only you she attacked.” Buffy turned his smile on Angelus. “I am sure you require the whole tale do you not, my Lord?”

Stunned, Angelus just shook his head in acknowledgement. This chit had surprised him with her courage and fortitude. He was more determined than ever now to fuck her into submission. There was nothing like fucking an unwilling woman, it fed his evil soul. It was even better when they cried and begged him to stop. He loved to hear them cry.

Buffy and William walked through the box door into the hallway and closed it behind them. Annandale was determined to follow his son, but Xander laid his hand on his arm and bid him sit.

“Buffy will let no man hurt her, your grace, trust me on this. Angelus would not be stupid enough to try anything so publicly and not against two members of our party.”

Annandale saw the sense in Xander’s words, and sat down. He took comfort from Joyce when she laid her hand in his. He realised that by insisting on accompanying his son, Buffy may have saved his life. Xander was right, Angelus would not want an audience for his actions and he was not stupid enough to hurt them both.

In the hallway, Angelus stood back against the wall staring at the couple in front of him holding hands. He may not be able to use violence, but he could still wound. Yes, a little bit of mental torture was the way forward here.

“So, William, you stop seeing my wife for this piece of skirt and her family money.”

William took a step forward to confront Angelus, when he felt Buffy tighten the hold on his hand. She looked hard at Angelus before she spoke.

“My Lord, are you aware of the fool your wife made herself look in front of three hundred members of the ton, including the Prince of Wales?” she said in her sweetest, don’t fuck with me, voice.

“Madam, I am well aware of my wife’s actions. Her downfall lies at your fiancé’s door. She loved him and he abandoned her for you. It drove her to desperation and resulted in her actions at your ball.”

Before he could continue, William interrupted.

“My God, Angelus, you talk absolute rubbish and you know it.” William was not amused by the man apportioning blame on him. “Dru and I have been finished for some time and do not act like you care. You knew about us for years yet did nothing. She has always been slightly touched and you know this, so why try to lay her malady at my door.”

“Does your fiancé know of all that you and my wife got up to, Whitmore?” Angelus sneered at him.

Buffy saw immediately that the man was trying to drive a wedge between them. He needed a few home truths of his own. She turned her bright green gaze on their tormentor and sneered back to him.

“Personally, my lord, I really do not care what adventures your wife and my fiance had in their past because that is where it will stay, in the past.”

Buffy’s famous temper flew up a few notches before she continued.

“You think to come here and intimidate us. You are nothing to me, my lord, and I will have no trouble in cutting you from my acquaintance. Do not blame either of us for your wife’s behaviour, sir, look to her for an explanation of her actions.”

Buffy let William’s hand go before she walked up to Angelus and stood inches from him.

“Come back into my life and try to interfere, Angelus, and I will kill you myself. Take your anger out on those who deserve it, mainly yourself. If you had not left your wife on her own so long she might not have felt the need to open her legs for half the ton.”

Both William and Angelus stared at the spitfire before them. William was in awe, Angelus was in a rage. He lifted his hand to slap her, but William caught it in mid-air.

“Touch her, look at her, or even think of her and I will kill you Angelus.” William spat in his face.

Buffy’s knees had started to shake beneath her gown and she was not sure how much longer she would keep standing. Although she had put on a brave show for Angelus, she was not as confident as she appeared. She hoped the man would leave soon before she collapsed.

William continued to hold Angelus’ arm in a tight grip.

“Get out of here, Angelus, before I call the ushers to remove you. I never wish to see your face near either of us again. Tell your precious Dru that I will not come back. I have found love with Buffy, what I had with Dru was a fuck.”

Angelus laughed at William. In truth he had been surprised by his bravery. He had never had such a reaction from an adversary before and he found he enjoyed it. Most people he hurt reacted like Craven and pissed themselves over his shoes. It would not be the first time he had made a man clean his shoes with his tongue after they had lost their bladder.

Buffy stepped back as William let go of Angelus’ arm. William returned his hand to hers and they stood united against him.

Angelus looked at each in turn and smiled. He nodded his head slightly to both of them before turning to take his leave. He had gone but ten yards when he looked back to find them gone.

That little blonde bitch would pay with her body and her life for her treatment of him. William, he would kill in a heartbeat and take great pleasure in it.

It was time to return to his home and lay his plans.