Chapter 6 – Awakenings

A little background to the 18th Century before we go any further.

The Ton – In the early 19th Century this was a euphemism for the top ten thousand Aristocrats in Britain. The Ton held most of the land and almost all of the wealth in the UK and as such these people held positions of real power. They could do no wrong, and amongst the men their crimes were many, including murder. The phrase ‘judged by a jury of my peers’ comes from this time, as a member of the Ton was felt to be so far above your average working man that only their ‘peers’. i.e. fellow members of the titled class, could judge them. It was such a tight community, as they only married into their own class. This meant the whole Ton was related in some way to one another. In 1850 more than 80% of the UK was owned by titled peers; today it is less than 10% and most of that has been turned into public parks to reduce death duties.

Luckily my country has moved on from this type of thinking and a title means very little to most British people. However the Regency period fascinates me and I have done quite a bit of research into the manners and habits of this era, which was why I set my story during that time.

The double standards held by the Ton were, to be honest, disgusting. If a young virginal lady of the Ton was raped, she was ostracised by society as it was felt she had encouraged the man and therefore she had to be a ‘loose’ woman. The man who committed the rape was congratulated for ‘bagging a virgin’ and almost revered. The victim was not supported by her family in these circumstances and was usually tossed into the street to look after themselves in any way they could, which usually meant that they became courtesans or worse. Many simply disappeared and any record of their connection to their illustrious family was eradicated from records.

I feel quite strongly about this which is why I have made Buffy a strong character who will not tolerate a man who wishes to dominate her and take away her spirit.

This story has a long way to go and I hope you enjoyed this little piece of British history, and I hope it explains a lot of the interactions between the main characters.


Please note that any places I describe, such as Vauxhall Gardens or Almacks, can be googled on the net. These places really did exist in the timeframe of this story.


Thanks for your patience.




In her bedchamber Buffy looked at her reflection in the mirror in horror.

Her faced was still flushed and she could still feel a weakness in her legs from the powerful feelings William had managed to tease from her with just his kisses and magic fingers.

And magic fingers they were. She had never felt such pleasure in her life. Her memory replayed his actions over and over in her mind.

Still staring at herself in the mirror Buffy decided it was time to go to bed. She knew she would not be able to sleep immediately but she did feel that she should change for bed.

Removing her jewellery first she carefully placed the items back in her jewel case and carefully locked it.

As she raised her arms to the back of her gown she accidentally brushed her breasts and an involuntary shiver passed over her. Shocked at her own wantonness Buffy opened the fastenings of her gown and let it fall to the floor. Stepping out of her chemise Buffy again stared at her own image in the mirror. She looked down at her protruding nipples which still held the ghost of William’s touch. Her gaze lowered to her drawers and silk stockings and she remembered the feel of the silk against her skin as he had stroked her.

Slowly Buffy removed her stockings and wondered how she could feel herself start to swell once more between her legs just as she done for William.

Removing her drawers last of all Buffy raised her eyes once more to her reflection. She looked at the curls covering her sex in the mirror and was amazed to see them covered with faint dew. Without thinking her hands rose to cover her breasts and she began to stoke them as William had done. Taking the nipples between her fingers Buffy pinched and rolled the pouting rose tipped nubs and was amazed at the feelings she felt throughout her body.

Smiling at her own reflection Buffy slowly moved her hands down toward the shadowy curls between her legs. She opened her legs slightly and began to stroke. Deciding that she could not get the right rhythm in the position she was in she abandoned her reflection and made for the bed.

Diving under the covers naked Buffy marvelled at the feeling of the clean cotton against her sensitised skin. She writhed slightly from side to side enjoying the feeling. She had never slept naked in her life and she decided she liked the freedom that having no night rail around her body afforded.

Again Buffy’s hands rose to her breast and she played with them for some time. She twisted and turned her nipples till she found a pressure that was pleasurable. Without thought her hands moved down between her legs.

Lightly she moved the fingers of one hand up and down her slit. She was amazed at the wetness she found there and her mind replayed the movements William had used.

She continued her explorations aware that her hips were starting to writhe. Her eyes closed and she started to rub harder. Knowing that she was missing something Buffy moved her hand slowly up towards her mound and her fingers brushed over her hard clit.

Her whole body jumped and she knew she had found ‘the special place’. Rubbing the little nub harder and harder Buffy started to feel strange feeling start in her abdomen.

Suddenly her legs started to shake, her toes curled and her upper body lifted from the bed. Stars came to her closed eyes and she continued to rub until she could stand it no longer. Exhausted she collapsed back on the bed.

As she came back down to earth Buffy smiled widely. Now that was worth it, she decided. More of that type of pleasure she would welcome and if William could do that to her every night she may just marry him.

Thoughts of his mistress came to her mind. She had seen Lady Drusilla Angelus on a few occasions accompanied by her handsome husband Lord Liam. If the gossip she had heard this evening was true then William had been her lover for years. Scowling at the sudden bad feelings she felt towards Drusilla for holding the love of William, Buffy gave herself a little mental shake and started to make plans.

If he can pleasure me with his fingers and kisses he can use his ‘thing’ on Drusilla. There was no way she would allow him to put that anywhere near her. She would not play second fiddle to anyone and unless William pledged himself to her forever then he would never share her bed for more than her pleasure alone.