Chapter 68 Wedding Bells and Death Knells



AN* Thank you all for reading and reviewing – you are all my stars.




##



William returned to Craven House with the special licence by eleven of the clock. The priest was expected to arrive at one to perform the ceremony, and the servants had been busy preparing the drawing room as a wedding bower. Buffy, Dawn and her mother were in their chambers preparing for the event, and much movement was heard upstairs precipitating the outcome.

On receipt of the missive from Annandale, the Prince had sent Kirkbride to witness the proceedings and hand over the dowry. The Prince had sent a missive back with Kirkbride informing Annandale that he agreed with the course of action the family had taken. He assured them that he agreed that the news of Craven’s death must be kept quiet as long as possible. Prinny also advised Annandale to not put a notice in The Times declaring the marriage until a few months after the event, as by then memories would fade. If they were lucky and no one would comment on the announcement, particularly as the family were removing from London for some time.

Joyce had laughed softy when Thomas had placed the missive in her hands. The wedding guests numbered over two hundred, and the event had been touted around the ton as the wedding of the year. There would be a lot of cancellations to be distributed while the family were gone. Henry’s secretary would have a lot of work to do in the next few days.

While the women of the household were gone, Annandale, William and Kirkbride discussed the events of the last twenty four hours. Kirkbride informed them of the discovery of Athelstone’s body near a Whitechapel Inn. He did not go into details of what had happened to him, or the other dead man found at the scene. The family had received more than their fair share of bad news that morning.

Kirkbride had identified his friend, and the image still burned in his brain. It was a sight he would never forget. The savagery of the attack and the obvious hint at Athelstone’s vice would be hard to keep quiet, but Kirkbride would do his best. Once he had recovered his wits, he had immediately sent runners to find Angelus; he fully intended to speak to the man by the end of the day.

Annandale had been very busy that morning while William had been gone. Carriages had been organised from both households and quickly made ready for their trip to Craven Hall. He was not relishing the subsequent formalities he would have to put Joyce and her children through, but he was determined she would not feel over-awed by society’s dictates. He wanted to remove them to his ancestral home as quickly as possible, within days if possible. By that time Xander should have returned, leaving the family free to travel north.

Promptly at one, the priest arrived. He was shown into the drawing room to meet with William and Annandale. Certain preliminaries were required and were quickly taken care of. When everyone was ready, Annandale left the room to accompany the bride to her bridegroom.

William could not remember when he had felt so happy. In less that half an hour he would be married to the woman born to be his mate. He loved her with all his heart, and was sure he was loved in return. For the first time in his life he felt complete. Unable to keep still, he paced the floor under the watchful eyes of Kirkbride and the priest.

Without warning the drawing room door opened and Joyce entered the room, dressed in gold silk. Following in her wake, Dawn entered the room she, too, dressed in gold. The style of dress both women wore suited them admirably and their countenance lit the room. Dawn still had a touch of red around her eyes, and William’s heart went out to the young girl. He made a vow to himself that Dawn would never need to cry again.

William stared in wonder as the family servants started to file into the room. Joyce had insisted that they should witness their young mistress marry. None had been invited to the cathedral on the instructions of Henry. At least this was something Joyce felt she could give them before informing them of their master’s death.

When the entire room had settled down and silence prevailed, one of the grooms lifted a small penny whistle and started to play a jaunty tune. Before he was but a few bars in the drawing room door opened and Buffy, accompanied by Annandale, entered the room.

William’s heart stopped in his chest. Never in his life had he ever seen such a vision. She was beyond beautiful, she was effulgent. Her dress of white and gold suited her complexion and the gold and diamond tiara securing her veil glinted in the afternoon light. Beneath her veil William could see her smiling widely, her eyes never leaving his face as she approached on his father’s arm.

Although William was pleased that their marriage was taking place now instead of one week hence, he could not help feeling a little disappointed for his love. She would have looked resplendent walking down the aisle of St Paul’s. She would have taken the ton by storm with her beauty and grace, and he promised himself that he would make it up to her for the rest of his life.

As his father put Buffy’s hand into his for the ceremony, William felt tears come to his eyes. He was so happy to have her at his side forever, and he would never let her go. She was to be his forever and he would be hers. His debauched life was behind him now; all he wanted in life was to live with his mate for the rest of their lives.

The ceremony was moving and over quickly. William and Buffy had said their vows to each other over joined hands, eyes never leaving each other. Annandale had produced his wife’s wedding ring and as William placed it on Buffy’s finger, Annandale’s eyes had strayed to Joyce. He had never seen her look so beautiful dressed as she was in a becoming gown of gold silk. His heart turned over at the sight of her, and he knew he would propose marriage at the end of her year of mourning. Before then, he would do his best to ensure she fell in love with him as he was with her.

One day he would place a ring on her finger and they would be as happy as their offspring.

With great care, William lifted Buffy’s golden veil to kiss his bride. Using all the restraint his soul possessed, he placed a chaste kiss on her moist lips. If he kissed her the way he wanted to, he was sure the priest would drop in shock. They had a lifetime of kisses to share, some in private and some in public, and he would savour every one.

Papers signed and congratulations afforded by everyone, the couple made their way to Buffy’s room to make ready for the journey to Craven Hall. Most of the luggage had already been transported north and only one trunk was waiting in Buffy’s room to be moved to the carriage. Quickly moving the trunk to the hall, William closed the door and turned the key.

“Buffy, pet” he murmured to his bride as he pulled her into his arms. “I have never seen you look as beautiful as you do now. My only regret is that the rest of the world could not see you dressed as you are today.” He lowered his head and gently kissed his wife.

Tongues tangled and hands were roaming as the kiss deepened. With his mouth still on hers, William gently removed the priceless tiara from her head, and allowed the veil to fall to the floor. Lifting his hands to her hair, he pulled her mouth further under his. Eventually, both Buffy and William needed to breathe, and they parted as one.

Buffy smiled up at William cheekily. “Do you think we have time to consummate the marriage before we have to leave, Spike? I feel the pressing need to remove my dress and allow you to have your wicked way with me.”

William, his arms around her waist, laughed into her hair. “Oh, luv, there is nothing I would like more than to fuck you into the mattress, but we need to make our way down soon.”

Wrapping her arms around his neck, she moved her body against his hardening shaft.

“We’ve been quick before, Spike, we could be quick again.” She tilted her mouth towards his and kissed him hungrily.

He gave in immediately. Turning her round, he made short work of the buttons of her gown. As it fell to the floor in a puddle of silk and lace, he stared at her. Her chemise was almost transparent and her nipples stood proudly waiting for his mouth. Bending his head to his prize, he sucked her gently through the material, keeping his hand at her back to hold her steady.

Her hands were in his hair, holding him to her like a babe. She could feel his hands gently remove the chemise from her body, and within moments she stood naked in front of him. Smiling coyly at him, she gestured for him to remove his clothes.

He did not want to take his hands from her body, but he could not remove his clothes without doing so. Reluctantly, he let her go and started to remove his wedding finery. As his clothes hit the floor beside the wedding dress, Buffy moved slowly backwards to the bed and lay down on her back. She watched him with lustful eyes.

Clothed he was the most handsome man she had ever seen, naked he was a God.

As their clothes lay tangled on the floor, William stalked towards her. Standing proud at the bottom of the bed, he motioned to her to open her legs. Buffy lay on her back, her arms stretched above her head. With infinite slowness, she opened her legs to his gaze, her eyes never leaving his. Her pussy was already wet and glistening and he couldn't tear his eyes away. She was his.

William crawled slowly towards her from the foot of the bed. He gently laid his body over hers as he kissed her with everything he had. Moving slowly from her mouth to her neck, he tasted her with his tongue. Her pulse was racing beneath his lips and he sucked it hard into his mouth. Deliberately he sucked hard enough to leave a mark; he wanted the world to know she belonged to him. Buffy mewled beneath him, her body rising from the bed as it tried to connect with his.

Moving lower, he captured her left nipple in his mouth. His left hand played idly with her right breast and his ears caught her breathy moans, the sound making his heart rejoice. She opened her legs wider at his ministrations and he cradled his body to hers. His hand left her breast and made its way to her nether lips. Wet, swollen and writhing she was ready for him. Taking his penis in his hand, he rubbed it gently against her slit making sure it was well covered in her juices before he placed it at her entrance.

Slowly, deliberately slowly, he pushed into her. She was so tight and wet that he had to stay his movements before he came inside her like a green youth. All resolve left him when she bucked her hips in response to his entry.

“Oh, you’ve done it now, Buffy.”

When she pouted at him, he dropped his head and whispered softly in her ear.

“I was going to take my time with you, luv. I was going to take it slow and gentle. But you don’t want that, do you luv? You want me to really fuck you into the mattress.” He lifted his head and kissed her pout away. “Tell me you want me, Buffy. Tell me you love me.” His beautiful blue eyes had turned almost black with passion, and he stared at her with hope and love in his eyes

Buffy was perched on the edge of a precipice. She needed to come, badly, and here he was teasing her with his voice, kisses and wonderful eyes. The thought entered her head, that he was as close as she to the edge. He would only need a little provocation to do as he promised and fuck her into the mattress.

Her hands moved to his face. Stoking each cheek, she smiled into his eyes.

“I love you, Spike. I will always love you. Now fuck me into the mattress before I break your nose.” She moved her hips upwards to his pelvis making her point plain.

Spike laughed at her statement, and took her at her word. He lifted her legs and bent them back over his shoulders, opening her even wider to him. Her gorgeous little bottom lifted from the bed, and in from her new position Buffy could feel Spike enter her deeper than he ever had before. Her head was thrown back as he rotated his hips on every downwards stroke, rubbing his pubic bone against her clit.

They had no reason to hide their cries now. They were married in the eyes of God, and their marriage had been sanctioned by the Church. The joint climax, and their pleasure in each other, could be heard from the hallway.

William and Elizabeth Whitmore had bound themselves to each other for eternity.



##


The Angelus minions had been observing the comings and goings of the Craven household all morning. One minion had been sent back to their master at eleven of the clock to inform him that family were in a state of flux, and there was a definite journey planned. Coaches and carriages were constantly arriving and leaving at the Craven door, and trunks had been loaded to many of them.

The minion left behind to continue his watch, quickly lost interest in the constant activity. Bored by the constant traffic in the street, he decided to go to his club for a few hours. His master would never know. Angelus had expected this to happen today and as such had prepared his men for the sights they would see. He had only wanted confirmation that the family was on the move. He had that now, and the man could see no reason to tarry.

His presence removed; there was no one to notice the arrival of Lord Kirkbride or the priest.

Angelus counted on the removal of the family to Craven Hall. It would give him chance to lay his plans in London without having them constantly watched. Once they had buried the Duke, they would return broken and grief stricken. The marriage would not go ahead now.

He hoped his girl had not cried too much, he would comfort her soon.

He no longer cared for the money Whitmore could bring now he had Catherine doing as she was bid. The whore would soon be on her way to making him over five hundred pounds a night. He and his little extended family could live well on her proceeds. When she was used up he would find another whore to take her place. It would be a lucrative business if handled in the proper way.

His priority now was to remove Drusilla from Bedlam. Now that money was not the issue, it was time to bring his wife home. He would leave William’s return to the fold up to Dru. She was confident in her abilities to control him, and he believed her. He needed to bring William back to Dru as he would be needed back in Ireland soon. William would be her diversion.

The question now in his mind was how to get William and Dru in the same room. Once that was achieved, his Dru would do the rest.

If he was in the mood, he might just watch. If he was in the right mood, he might just join in.

Pleasant times to come soon. Pleasant times to come.