Author's Chapter Notes:
To all the readers who voted for this story at Sunny D, I give a special thank you. I cried when I saw the mail as this is my first fic and I did not think it would win anything - I love you all
Chapter 73 Daddy’s Love


AN* This fic has won Best AU and Best Plot at Sunny D Awards. It was also voted runner up for Best NC-17 and Best Romance – I am totally over-whelmed and I love you all.






##


Drusilla may not realise it, but tonight she was going to die.

The journey north had become interminably long. Drusilla had become more manic every day, and Angelus was finding it hard to cope with her tantrums. His plans had changed dramatically en route. He was personally going to kill the whining bitch before this night was over. Her usefulness to him had died now that he had found Catherine. At least his whore was sane and he was the one who controlled her clientele. His wife had definitely had to go.

Now they were half way through their travels, but should have arrived in Carlisle three days ago. Drusilla had caused such a furore at the last few Inns that they had been forced to extend their stay to allow her to calm down. Angelus could no longer control her; it did not help that in a fury he had thrown Miss Edith into a burning grate two Inns back. Now she squealed and cried almost twenty four hours a day, and he could not put up with it any longer.

They were in the coach for the first time in two days. Rocking backwards and forwards on the seat opposite her husband, Drusilla whined in anguish. All thoughts of her William went out of her head as she grieved for Miss Edith. Daddy had been a bad man hurting her baby the way he did, and now she had no one to tell her what the pixies were saying.

Angelus watched his wife carefully as she whined for the doll. He realised the mistake he had made in destroying his wife’s playmate, but his temper had taken over as she had cooed and clucked over the thing. He had wanted her attention, but when he could not make her leave the doll alone, he had cracked and flung the doll in the fire. Now he was living with the consequences, but not after tonight.

His coachman had long been in his employ and knew how to keep his mouth shut; after all he was paid well for his silence. Whatever happened in the coach tonight would go no further than the two men, and for that Angelus was glad. He no longer cared for Whitmore’s money, he now wanted revenge. It was with this in mind he pulled an un-starched cravat from his pocket and wrapped the ends well in both hands. As he snapped it taught, Drusilla stopped rocking and stared at her husband.

Coyly, she smiled at him and tilted her head slightly. “Are you going to gag me, Daddy?”

He knew that this was the opportunity he had been waiting for. She would be compliant enough to let him kill her without fuss. Slowly he smiled at his wife.

“Why yes, my dear, I thought you would like to play a game for a little while.”

Drusilla squealed in delight and clapped her hands excitedly. She liked Daddy’s games. It would also be a good time to show her how bad he had been over Miss Edith. Without hesitation she moved from her seat and seated herself comfortably in his lap. Snuggling into his neck, she softly kissed his ear the way he liked. As she wiggled on his lap she could feel him harden against her. Moving her lips from his ear to his mouth, she boldly pushed her tongue between his lips. She kissed him deeply with everything she had. He was growing harder beneath her and she pushed herself against him.

His hands were now on her neck stroking the material against it gently. Her tongue was still in his mouth when he bit down hard and she pulled back in fright. Wrapping the cravat quickly round her neck, Angelus pulled tight.

Drusilla fought him with every ounce of strength she had. Her legs kicked wildly against the carriage door and she tried to use her talon like nails on his eyes. Tighter and tighter he pulled the cravat until she finally lost consciousness. As her life drained away, he felt no remorse.

He had waited far too long for this moment.

As she lay limp in his arms, tongue rolling from her mouth and eyes open wide, he laughed. He should have done this years ago, and would have done if she had not been such a good provider. Pushing his now dead wife to the floor of the carriage, he could not resist kicking her savagely in the ribs.

All the frustration of the last few weeks made its way to the surface. His public humiliation and the measures he had taken to save face, now preyed on his temper. Balling his large hand into a fist, he threw punch after punch to Drusilla’s face. When the pain became too much, he kicked at her savagely.

Temper finally spent, he signalled to the driver to stop the coach. Looking cautiously through the window, Angelus checked for any witnesses to what they must do. As he opened the door to step to the ground, he called for the assistance of his coachman. The man immediately obeyed and was at his master’s side within moments.

A thick wood lined one side of the road. It was perfect. The undergrowth would be the ideal place to dump the bitch. If she was found, then so be it. His alibi already had him half way to Ireland, and he had travelled in disguise since leaving London. Now it was time to travel alone.

Turning to the coachman, he bade him help get Drusilla out of the coach. Lifting her over one shoulder, Angelus made his way into the woods alone. The coachman would keep the team warm in his absence, and should anyone inquire as to his master’s whereabouts they would be told he was relieving himself.

It was a ploy they had used many times before.

Angelus walked a good half mile into the wood. If she was found too close to the road it would cause suspicion. He did not really care where she lay, he only cared that they take some time to find her, if they ever did. With luck, woodland creatures would dispose of her carcass ere long.

He dropped her unceremoniously at the bottom of a hollow oak. Using his foot, he pushed the body inside the hollow, finally using his hands to bend her knees and make her fit. Gathering armfuls of fallen leaves, he covered her body lightly. She would start to smell within the day attracting the attention of the creatures and the flies. They would make a far better job of destroying the bitch than he would.

His work was done. It was time to return to the coach and continue his journey. He may not need William or his money any more, but he still wanted the Summers’ chit. He would ransom her for a large sum of money, and once it was paid he would make for Liverpool and home. If the bint happened to succumb to his charms while in his care, who was he to argue. She would, indeed, be sweet.

William he would just kill for pleasure.


##

Faith ran from the house at the first sign that Clem had returned from his daily ride with William. She was so excited she could hardly keep herself in check. Her monthly courses had not come, and she was sure that she was pregnant. Happiness bubbled within her breast and she wanted Clem to be the first to know her news.

She was going to have Clem’s child. A child born of love and devotion to the most wonderful man she had ever known. Clem! The man who had saved her from the hell she was living under Trenton. The man who turned his back on the whole of English Society for her. The man who loved her beyond reason. The father of her unborn child.

Clem noticed his wife walking quickly toward the stable as he handed the reins to the waiting stable-hand. Turning to William, he joked that they were both under the thumb of their respective wives and nodded his head towards his approaching wife. William had laughed and agreed whole-heartedly. Deciding to give the couple some privacy, William quickly dismounted and made his way hurriedly to the house to be with Buffy. Jumping down from his horse, Clem took his leave from his friend and hurried to meet Faith. As he drew closer, she broke into a run and jumped into his arms.

She covered his face with kisses as she held him close to her. Clem’s arms wrapped themselves around his wife’s body and held on tight. He loved this woman with his whole being, and although she displayed affection in the bedroom, she rarely displayed it in public. Not caring what had brought about this turn of events, he fitted his mouth over hers and kissed her deeply.

Faith lost herself in the kiss for a few moments, revelling in the feeling of love from her husband. When he finally lifted his head and smiled his loving smile, her eyes filled with tears. Immediately Clem wondered what was wrong.

Noticing the look of concern on his face, she tightened her arms around his neck. Smiling happily at him, and with a voice thick with tears, she told him that she thought she was carrying his child.

Staring at her for a few moments, thousands of thoughts went through his mind. He was going to be a father. His wonderful wife was going to bear him an heir, and he was so happy. With tears in his eyes, he gently spoke to her.

“Oh my God, Faith, this is wonderful. I always wanted you to have my children, and you have made me so happy.”

Hugging her tighter to him, he cried into her hair. Faith held him close to her and whispered in his ear.

“I love you, Clem, and I always will. We will have lots of children and we will protect them with our lives. No one will ever hurt them, and we will be the best of parents.”

Lifting his head from her shoulder he drew back slightly and smiled into her eyes.

“Let’s go break the news to the Annandale’s. I want to shout it from the rooftops, my darling, but a small announcement in the drawing room will have to suffice.”

Faith laughed at his comment before pressing herself against him. “Come on, new daddy. Let’s go tell everyone we can.”

Taking her hand in his, he lifted it to his mouth and placed gentle kisses on her knuckles.

“Come on, sweet. I am dying to see William and Buffy’s face when we tell them our news.”

Hand in hand the couple made their way to the house.

##

William was sitting in the bath scrubbing the smell of horse from his skin when Buffy entered the room. She looked slightly flushed as if she had been running, and her cheeks shone in the light from the window.

“Going to join me, luv?” he asked innocently.

Buffy laughed at him before seating herself on the floor beside the tub.

“Not just now, Spike. I have already bathed today, or do you not remember joining me this morning in the bathtub.

Spike pushed his tongue behind his teeth knowing the gesture turned her on. “Oh, I remember kitten. I remember how you let me wash you all over before you did the same to me. I also remember fucking you senseless and the water going all over the floor.”

They both laughed as they remembered trying to dry the floor with towels before the maids cleaned the room. Lifting her hand, she placed it against his cheek. He leaned his head into her hand and lifted his own to her face.

“Do you know how much I love you, Buffy? You are my life and I don’t think I would survive without you.”

Buffy smiled lovingly at him before she replied. “I know how much you love me, Spike, and I want you to know that I love you with all my heart.”

Spike leaned forward and caught her mouth in a kiss. He played softly with her lips, gently nipping and licking away the hurt. When she started to moan into his mouth, he pulled back. She softly growled at him, and he chuckled at her.

“I’m finished in the bath now, kitten. I want to get out, take you back to our room and fuck your gorgeous brains out.”

She giggled in response, and nodded her head.

“I will meet you there, Spike. Take your time, my love. I have some preparations I have to make.”

Intrigued, Spike smiled at his wife as she rose from the floor. “Preparations, kitten?”

Smiling coquettishly at her husband over her shoulder as she made her way through the door, she blew him a kiss.

“Indeed, husband. I think you need to be punished for making all that nasty mess on the floor this morning and I intend to see you pay.”

Spike could not believe his ears. Was his kitten going to show her claws and punish him? Beneath the cloudy water in the bathtub, his dick was making its presence felt. In a voice even deeper than normal, he told her she would not be alone long.

As he rose from the tub his mind raced with possibilities. What delightful torture did his Buffy have planned for him; and what form would it take. He had never dried himself so quickly in his life.

Towel wrapped around his lean hips showing his toned stomach to perfection, he walked confidently into their bedroom.

He was definitely going to enjoy himself this afternoon.