Chapter 75 A Change of Plan

AN* Well now we have had the smut folks, it’s time for plot. I promise I will bring some smut back soon, but first we have to deal with tall dark and forehead. Is it noticeable that I HATE him – bad author, bad bad author. Don’t care though.

Enjoy, my friends, enjoy.



##



The outer hamlets of Carlisle finally came into view. For ten days he had been travelling north, and he was tired, sore and vengeful. He wanted this over and done, and hopefully soon. One of his minions had been sent ahead to lay the groundwork and procure a place for them to stay. Angelus had given strict instructions that they could not stay at an Inn. His plans needed the privacy of a small cottage or house.

He did not want the screams to carry into the night.

Checking his fob, Angelus knew that his minion would be waiting at the Inn on the main travel road. The man would be putting up there while the accommodation acquired for their short stay was made ready. Angelus had instructed him to wait for him daily between ten of the morning and ten of the night. If there had been any change to the plan, the man would have been informed.

Thanks to his stupid wife’s shenanigans, he was four days late. It was unfortunate, but it would have left his man with enough time to prepare for his arrival. If the man had done his work well, he would know the habits of the Whitmore family which would be invaluable. If the man had not done as instructed, then he would be joining Drusilla in whatever hell she was in.

Tired and weary, Angelus entered the Inn. His man was sitting at a table in the corner, a flagon of ale in front of him, and a whore on his knee. Angelus strode purposely towards him, and his minion finally lifted his head from the whore’s breast long enough to notice him. Still in disguise, Angelus nodded twice to the man in greeting. Unceremoniously he pushed the woman from his lap, and stood to greet his master.

Angelus looked the woman up and down. Pretty, but too old for his tastes he decided. He may make use of some of the younger women later, he had been too long without the charms of a female companion. Sitting opposite his minion, he addressed the wench asking for two more flagons of ale. Looking at him in displeasure that he had stolen her business, she noticed the look in his eyes. Kissing her fingers twice to ward off evil spirits, she turned to collect their ale.

Both men waited on her return. As the ale was placed on the table, the whore asked her client if she would see him later. The minion knew better than to accede to her request, his master was here and he would need to be at his beck and call. He slipped a sixpence into her hand, and told her to make herself scarce. Angelus looked at the woman once more, and told her to have the young pretty maids ready for his inspection later. She nodded in his direction, secretly glad that this stranger did not wish to lie with her.

“Drink up, Penn.” Angelus ordered. “I do not wish to discuss business here. I trust you have found us somewhere to live?”

Penn lifted his flagon from the table to his lips as he replied. “Indeed, Liam. I have found a small cottage on the edge of town.” Smiling at Angelus, he continued. “It’s perfect for what you have in mind. The nearest neighbours live one mile down a track. There is room for the horses and the walls are extremely thick.”

Pleased that his instructions had been carried out, Angelus smiled at Penn. This was the only one of his minions that he allowed to call him by his first name, Penn had been one of his men for many years, and Angelus had trained him well. He had displayed his loyalty over and over again and had been well compensated for his friendship. They had shared many adventures ranging from rape to murder and both men relished the tasks ahead.

Although Penn did not know the full extent of his friend’s plans, he knew he would enjoy participating. Angelus could be so inventive in his exploits and Penn could hardly wait. Drinking his flagon in almost one swallow, he was eager to start their game. Once Angelus had finished his ale, both men rose and left the Inn.

The whore’s eyes followed the two men as they departed. Her new client was rich and she did not wish to displease him for he paid well. The new arrival was a different matter. She could feel the evil emanating from him, and it scared her. He had said he would be back to pick a pretty whore for the night, and she was determined it would not be her. She would pick him someone young and pretty and new to the game. An experienced whore did not touch someone of his ilk. Whores stayed alive by relying on their instincts.

Angelus and Penn entered the carriage once the coachman had been given direction to the cottage. As the doors closed, Penn took Angelus’ hand and shook it warmly.

“It’s good to see you again, Liam. I thought you would never arrive.”

Smiling at his friend, Angelus replied. “I thought I would never get here, Penn. Fucking Dru took a manic turn days back and I had to kill the bitch to shut her up.”

Penn displayed no look of surprise. In fact he had often wondered why Liam had not killed her before now. He had assumed it was because his friend has some feelings for her, but he knew better now. He casually shrugged his shoulders, and continued to quiz Angelus on their latest adventure. The subject of Drusilla would never be spoken of again between them.

“Liam, I have much to tell you.” Penn watched Angelus’ eyes light up as his attention was caught. “Telford is staying at Annandale, and you will never guess who his wife is.”

Angelus leant forward on the carriage seat and stared at his friend. He said nothing, and Penn knew he should continue.

“Telford married Trenton’s whore.” Sitting back in his seat, Penn waited on his news to penetrate his friend’s brain. It did not take long.

“Penn, are you telling me that Telford married Faith?” Angelus asked in surprise.

Smiling at Angelus, Penn vigorously nodded his head. “I could not believe it when I saw them in a high perched phaeton driving through the town. Good God, half the ton have been up her hole, and the other half have been sucked off by her.”

Both men laughed heartily at Penn’s words. Angelus stopped laughing first and asked, “Are you sure of this, Penn? If you are, then my plans have changed.”

Penn, now serious, spoke with conviction. “It is definitely Faith, Liam. I fucked the whore more times than I can remember and once you have been in her mouth, you never forget it.”

The fates must be smiling on him, Angelus thought. He had managed to get rid of Drusilla forever. His new whore was beginning to be very sought after in special circles, and now he had the chance to add to his stable by killing Telford and putting his wife back to the work she knew well.

The news that he would soon have Faith under his control made up for the discomfort the journey north had brought him. He did not even give Drusilla a passing thought. Soon he would have two of the most exclusive whores in London under his control. The money they would bring would keep in luxury for life.

For the first time since leaving the boat from Ireland, a feeling of happiness went through him. This charade would be finished soon, and he could return home to Darla and the children. He thought to leave Penn in charge of his whores in his absence. The job would pay well, and the fringe benefits excellent. It would be an arrangement that suited them both admirably.

The halt of the carriage stopped his musings. Penn alighted first and stood back to allow Angelus time to contemplate their new home. Before them stood a small white-washed cottage covered in thatch. Roses grew around the door and the latticed windows shone in the sun. Angelus threw back his head and laughed.

“My God, Penn. This looks like some John Constable would paint. It’s fucking perfect.”

Penn laughed along with him. “I knew you would like it. Who would think such bloody deeds will be done behind its door. There is even a large wood behind it where we can easily dispose of whatever we wish.”

Clapping his friend on the shoulder, his mirth did not diminish as they walked up the gravel path to the door. Angelus could not resist a peek through the small window to the parlour as his friend unlocked the door. Stooping slightly under the low lintel, Penn and Angelus entered their new domain.

Angelus immediately removed his hat and cloak and threw them over the hall table. The men would need to care for themselves for a while, their presence near Annandale could not cause gossip. If they needed to take care of their needs, they would return to town and pay a whore.

No one must enter their little domain.

As Angelus roamed the house, picking the best bed-chamber for his own use, Penn moved into the kitchen to prepare them some food and drink. He had already stocked the pantry with what they would need for a short stay.

They had done this many times before, he knew exactly what they would need.

When Angelus returned, both men climbed down to the cellars to inspect their suitability for use as a prison for their captives. Satisfied his friend has chosen well, Angelus decided to celebrate with a bottle of wine as he outlined his plans for the Whitmore and Telford families.

Angelus, full of food and wine, opened up to his friend.

“I am not sure who I will kill first, Penn, but Telford is certainly at the top. I want that bastard dead not only for his part in Drusilla’s downfall, but for removing the best little cock-sucker London has ever known from circulation. I know Trenton sold her on, but I had not heard it was to Clement. That’s the trouble with not being in London for long each year. I was usually busy haggling money out of Dru when I was home.”

Sitting back in his chair, Angelus stretched his legs towards the fire. It was early evening now and he did not wish to be too drunk to return to town and dip his cock into some young flesh. His dick twitched beneath his breeches at the thought. Bringing his thoughts back under control, he continued to talk.

“Faith’s kidnap will be a bonus for us, Penn. I will put the bitch to work with Catherine and you can manage them for me when I go home. We will come to an arrangement over money, and you can move into the Chelsea house to keep an eye on them and vet the clientele. Both have been with women, and we can set them up together and charge money for the show. It will make both our fortunes.”

Taking another drink of wine before he continued, he smiled at his friend.

“Think of the benefits, Penn. You will have two clean whores on tap whenever you want them. Both like pain, but I don’t want them marked. Damaged goods will not bring in the high prices we will charge.”

Angelus closed his eyes and let his head fall back against the seat.

“I will take care of making sure Faith knows her place. The bitch has been on the end of my lash before, and once I kill her husband she will have no means of support. She will be as compliant as Catherine by the time I finish with her, Penn.”

Eyes now wide open, Angelus sat up and looked at his friend.

“We will both have her, Penn. It’s not as if she has not taken two men at the same time before. We will break the bitch before we return to London and set her to work.”

Penn laughed uproariously at his friend’s comments. Faith was indeed an excellent fuck, and they would reward their evil work with her body. He could hardly wait.

As their laughter died into mutual smiles, Penn asked of Angelus. “What plans have you for William’s wife, Liam?”

A few seconds silence descended on the room before Angelus replied. “Why nothing at all, Penn. I have no intention of harming a hair on Lady Elizabeth’s head.”

Confused at his reply, Penn wondered when Liam’s plans had changed. All the way through this act of revenge Angelus had said he would have the Summers chit. He wondered what his friend was up to.

“I don’t understand, Liam. You have said all along that you wanted the Summers chit. Why the change of heart?”

Angelus lifted his arms and linked them behind his head. “I have every intention of having the Summers chit, Penn, just not Lady Elizabeth.”

Pausing for a few seconds to allow his words to sink in, he continued.

“I will have the younger Summers. Lady Dawn, I think they call her. She is of the right age to be introduced into the pleasures of sex, and the money Whitmore will pay for her safe return will go a long way to compensate me for my troubles.”

A slow evil smile covered Angelus’ face.

“I think I will enjoy teaching the young miss how to please a man. If she is good, I will add her to our stable. Now that would be revenge indeed. They would never find her again and we would still have the money.”

Penn looked at his friend in awe. He always knew that Angelus was the epitome of evil, but this plan was brilliant. They would fleece the Whitmore family while pushing the daughter of a Duke into prostitution. Re-filling their wine glasses, Penn proposed a toast.

“To the success of our endeavours, Liam.”

Glasses clinked in midair to the sound of their laughter.