Author's Chapter Notes:
I know. It's way overdue and I probably lost several readers interest because of my tardiness. I am so sorry, but it has literally taken weeks to get enough motivation to write this chapter. Although I am not one hundred percent happy with it, I fear that if I do not post it all hope will be lost for this story. Which is seriously something I do not want to happen because as much as I have pulled my hair in frustration lately, I do still love this story and have no desire to leave it unfinished. Really, I couldn't do that to my wonderful readers.

That said, I fully intend to get back on the bandwagon for this fic and not even think about starting a new one until it's finished. The ending is all planned out and not that far away in the future, if muse sticks around.

I do hope that there are some of you guys still interested and somewhat pleased with what I have posted. There's some plot, a new character introduction and some gratuitous smut. (I know you guys hate that!)

Anyway, I am about to get off work and head out for some needed R & R! Please let me know what you think, maybe that will spur Muse on.
After searching four graveyards without any luck, Buffy’s mood had worsened considerably. “Stupid town, too many graveyards.” She grumbled, kicking at a wayward soda can in the middle of the street. “I mean, you’d think if that many people were kicking the bucket that everyone else would move away. Don’t know why humans want to live on the Hellmouth anyway.” Kicking the can on final time, sending it flying across the empty street into a row of hedges, Buffy headed through the wrought iron gates of the fifth resting place in that area of town.

‘Eerily quiet tonight, wonder where all the baddies are.’ she thought as she wove through the rows of tombstones in search of the Slayer. ‘Guess they’re all hanging out together somewhere that I am obviously not.’ Checking the empty cemetery off her list, she headed out the back entrance in the direction of last one in that neighborhood.

While she walked, her mind wandered back to the incident with Faith at the club. ‘How did those two end up together. Make a pretty good pair though; both of them are a few French fries short of a Happy meal. Crazy bitches.’ Cutting through the park, Buffy tried Spike’s cell again and growled when she was greeted with his voicemail again. “Why carry the stupid thing if you aren’t going to keep it on?” She muttered, cramming the pink jeweled phone into her back pocket. Instantly, her mind went back to the sudden coupling of her two former lovers. “What could Willow possibly want with Faith? What could she possibly gain from…shit. Shit, shit, shit! Faith’s the fucking sacrifice! That stupid bitch actually believes that Willow will turn her before she croaks!” Buffy exclaimed, feeling slightly ignorant for not figuring it out sooner. “Ok, then if that really is the plan, then what did she mean about making me pay…what are they planning to do to Spike? I mean, other than the apocolypsy thing. Come on, Smmers! It’s not like we’re working with a lot of time to figure it out.” With her face scrunched with heavy concentration, she made her way through the park and down the street towards Restfield cemetary. About halfway down the street from her destination, an idea clicked in her head that was so obvious Buffy was fairly certain a light bulb was shining brightly above her head. Quickly, she dug her phone back out of her pocket and scrolled through the numbers until the desired digits popped out and hit the call button; paying no attention to the time.

It took one full loop of the Star Wars theme song before the line was answered, “Hey Andrew, it’s Buffy! Were you asleep or something?” Flicking her wrist, she consulted her watch and said, “It’s only what...around midnight there?”

“Not so much, I’m not in Manhattan.” Andrew Wells answered, sitting up in the bed and switching on the lamp. “It’s a little after four here. I’m in Prague, got sent here last week on assignment. So, long time no talk Miss Buffy, one can only assume you are in need of information at this hour.”

“Actually, yeah…got a little bit of a problem brewing on the Hellmouth and wanted to see if you could scrounge through those books of your and help me out.” Buffy confirmed sheepishly, hating that he knew her so well and feeling bad about not keeping in touch with her friend. They had known one another for nearly ten years now, after Andrew had stalked her at length hoping to become the next Anne Rice of vampire novels. Once she had gotten it through his rather thick skull that she wasn’t the inspiration for his first novel they had struck up a friendship of sorts and she had found out that his curiosity about demons was the result of finding out he was half-demon himself.

His father, a Lornax demon from Canada, had passed away just before Andrew’s second birthday by the hands of the Slayer, which prompted his mother to hide his demon lineage as long as possible in attempts to keep her small child safe. Upon his sixteenth birthday while blowing out the candles on his cake, poor Andrew received the biggest surprise ever when his demon had burst forth, giving his guests quite a scare. After a long discussion with his mother, an anthropology professor at a nearby college, Andrew’s interest in the paranormal and demonic cultures of the world had been peaked. Once he had graduated high school, he had set off on an educational trek which had led him straight to Buffy.

“Alright, let me get something to write on.” Andrew muttered on the other end. After a bit of paper rustling, he returned and said, “Give it to me.”

Quickly, she filled him in on all the details thus far and was presented with dead air when she was finished. “Um, Andrew, are you still there? Think you can give an old friend a hand?”

“Wow, I must say that you have presented me with quite a challenge which I readily accept. I’ll get on it immediately, ok? I’ll give you a call as soon as I find something out.” He replied with a chuckle, “You want me to email you whatever I find, too?”

“Ooh, that’d be awesome. I’m going to have to give the Watcher some type of written proof of the findings. Just send it to my Yahoo account, you still have the address?” Buffy responded with a smile as she arrived at the entrance of the cemetary and saw Spike tussling with a small group of fledgling vamps.

“You haven’t changed it since last time have you? Its still sexylildeadgirl, right?”

“Same as always! Thanks for doing this for us, Andrew. Call me day or night when you find something out, ok?” Flipping the cell phone shut, she stuffed it back into her pocket and easing just inside the gates to enjoy the show.

Watching Spike fight had to be one of the biggest turn-ons for Buffy; knowing his skill was poetry in motion, or a heady display of sexual energy in her book. Her body responded to his well placed punches and stakes as he dusted each vampire with deadly accuracy; tingles coursed across her skin as she leaned perched atop of a tombstone and watched the show.

“See something you like, pet?” Spike inquired with a lustful leer as he approached Buffy, clouds of dust settling in his wake. Planting himself directly in front of her, he nestled between her thighs and leaned in for a kiss.

“I always have been a sucker for some mindless violence.” She muttered against his lips, relishing in the taste of him. “Gets me all hot and bothered, ya know.” Wrapping her legs around his narrow waist, she pulled him closer and groaned as his erection pressed against her aching center. “Mmm…seems I’m not the only one here all worked up.”

“Oh, I’m more than worked up, kitten. I’m downright overheated.” Spike replied gruffly, leaning forward to capture her tiny lobe between his teeth. “Think you can cool me down.” Smiling into the soft skin of her neck, Spike chuckled at the garbled response flowing from her mouth. “What was that, luv?”

“I…uh, had something…to um, tell you. Researchy stuff.” She muttered softly, her words turning to moans when Spike’s hand dipped between their bodies and rubbed against her denim covered clit while mouth did mind numbingly wonderful things to her neck. “Oh, but for the love of Pete…I have no…um, idea what it…mmm…was right now. Oh!” She cried when his teeth bit down sharply on her neck. “I need you…want…now!” Her moans grew louder as she wiggled with uncontrollable desire in his arms. “Please…take…me…NOW!”

Pulling Buffy off the headstone, Spike kissed her passionately before spinning her around and pushing her against the cold marble. His hands slid over her ass, caressing the tender swells of flesh before reaching around and unfastening the button fly of her black jeans; roughly pushing the pants down so that the luscious globes of milky white skin were bare. Tightly he gripped them with his hands, no doubt marring the pale flesh with a bright smattering of half moon nail prints in his wake; all the while sending a sharp flash of pleasurable pain through his lover’s body that had her keening with desire. “Fuck, but you’re sexy, luv.” He ground out, his jaw clenched with need. Quickly, he pulled on hand away from Buffy’s ass and undid the fastening of his jeans to release his throbbing cock. Placing it at her dripping entrance, he warned, “Hang on, kitten…this is gonna be rough.”

“Damnit, Spike! Shut up and fuck me already!” Buffy demanded, thrusting her ass back against him in wanton need and sighed with pleasure as her requests were met. “Oh, fuck…mmm…harder, Spike!”

“Bossy lil’ chit this evenin’….not that I mind.” Spike replied, each syllable punctuated with a thrust of his hips. Gripping her hips with bruising force, he plowed into her tight channel from behind; delighting in each moan of satisfaction that burst forth from Buffy.

Their coupling was rough, frenzied and downright animalistic; their need for one another so intense that the world around them melted away. Cries of passion filled the cemetary, the light from the moon lighting the grounds softly, a faint breeze flittered by; rustling the trees and sending chills across their exposed skin.

Nearing her release, Buffy gripped the granite slab with unearthly force, sending fragments tumbling to the ground as they were crumbled beneath her fingers. When the searing flash of ecstasy ripped through her body a scream of passion burst forth and her inner muscles clamped around Spike’s shaft with inhuman strength; milking his cock and releasing his own earth shattering release; his cries of gratification covering her own.

Several moments passed as they leaned against the broken headstone, his body pressed heavily against hers as his heart raced and he gulped for air. “If watching me slay get this type of reaction, pet…you’re patrolling with me every bloody night.” Spike muttered between pants. Pulling out, he tucked himself back into his pants and helped Buffy straighten up as much as possible before gazing guiltily at the tombstone left broken in their wake. “Remind me to have that fixed. That is if we avert the end of the world an’ all.”

“Apocalypse!” Buffy shrieked with a smile on her face as the news she needed to tell him returned. “I’ve figured out who the human sacrifice is! If we can get to her, then maybe it will totally ruin Will’s plans!”

“Ok, if you found her then where might she be, kitten?”

“Yeah, slight problem with that. She kinda got away, but it was all that overgrown oaf of a bouncer’s fault! Normally I’d a just killed him, but I didn’t think you’d be all approvy of that.” Buffy replied with a guilty look. “Oh, but um…it’s Faith and she’s bound to screw up and let me find her eventually…hot, but not overly bright, ya know?”

“Right then, who’s Faith and how do you know she’s the one?” Spike probed as they headed home.

Sheepishly, she glanced out of the corner of her eye, “She’s um…kinda my other ex-girlfriend.”

TBC