Author's Chapter Notes:
sorry for the late update!! chaoters 11 and 12 for ya!!
Chapter 11: My Angel/My Immortal

“So, I’d say: take it easy for a bit, alright Firecracker?” Dr. Wilkins said with a cheerful tone and wide grin, as he patted Spike on the shoulder.

Dr. Lawson had gone on vacation a week after Spike went to see him, and told him that this doctor equally as good, would handle his case. He was right. Dr. Wilkins really knew how to cheer someone up and was great at what he did.

“Thank you Dr. Wilkins, for the short notice appointment. It’s means a lot to us.” Buffy said with a grateful smile, as she rubbed Spike’s arm comfortingly, as they sat on the clinic bed.

“Oh, don’t even worry about it you crazy kids.” He said with a wave of his hand. “If ya need anything just give me a ring.” He finished, as he put Spike’s file away with the rest.

“Um, I have a gig tonight…with the band. Would that be okay?” Spike asked, with a hopeful expression.

“Baby, just relax for a while…I’m sure they can find temp to fill in for you tonight.”

“Oh, no…Miss. Buffy, he’ll be fine! I just meant not to do stuff that physical. Like: sports, running, horizontal mambo…that sorta thing.” Dr. Wilkins responded, smirking at the blushing teens. Wanting to make them blush harder, just for his amusement, he continued. “Well that last one I guess you could do…just don’t work the poor boy too hard, okay sweetie?” he smiled and playfully nicked her chin lightly.

Buffy eyes comically grew wide, as she shifted her gaze to the linoleum below her, which looked fairly interesting at that moment. “Well, Spike…we should get going, yeah?” she shot out embarrassed. She jumped off the bed, and pulled Spike off with her. “Thanks again, Dr. Wilkins.” Buffy shook his hand quickly, and so did Spike, before they b-lined it out of the clinic.

“Well…that was very, very embarrassing! Something I hope never happens again.” Buffy said, once they were outside and walking back to the car.

Spike chuckled. “I didn’t even think it was possible for someone to turn that shade of red.” He got in the driver’s seat as Buffy slid in on the other side.

“Yeah, well I’m just glad that everything’s okay…we don’t have to worry about anything yet.” She said with a stressed sigh, as she ignored Spike’s comment.

“Your right…so I guess we could do the last thing on that little list of his then, eh?” he replied with a smirk as he wiggled his brows, and turned the ignition.

Buffy frowned thinking about the ‘list’ for all of 1 and a half second before she reacted. “No! A thousand gallons of ‘no’. You heard him; I just don’t want to risk anything okay? Please?” Buffy gave him her best pout, while she rubbed his thigh.

“Alright…but just because I love you.” He caved, pointing a finger at her as he leaned into give her a kiss.

Buffy gave him a quick peck that made a cute ‘smack’. Smiled at him brightly, she rested her head on his shoulder as he pulled out of the parking lot, and headed home.

* * * * *

Buffy and Spike walked into the Bronze, holding hands and right away headed over to the stage.

“Hey guys…” Buffy waved at Xander, Gunn, and Oz. “Playin any of my faves tonight?”

“Uhh…I don’t think you’ve heard the one we’re playin tonight. But you are going to stick to your promise and sing one with us, right? For old time’s sake?” Xander requested with a goofy grin.

“Mmm-yes…I decided I would for the sake of my old band…but only. Once.” She said pointedly. Xander and the group agreed.

“I didn’t know you played for them before.” Spike chimed in, looking down at Buffy.

“Played for us? She made us! It was her idea for this band…tight set of vocals that one’s got.” Gunn chortled with a nudge to Buffy’s shoulder.

“Oh, c’mon, guys…I’m not that good…” Buffy giggled nervously, bowing her head.

“That’s an understatement. She had the crowd wrapped around her finger.” Oz told Spike nonchalantly.

“Okay! Enough talky about me. You guy get up on that stage and play your little hearts out.” she smiled sweetly, and went up on tippy-toes to give Spike a kiss. “You sure you want to do this…I mean you don’t have to-” Buffy whispered in his ear but soon got cut off by Spike’s hush.

“Shh. Pet, trust me…I’ll be fine. Don’t worry. Just watch.” Spike backed away with a smirk. “Enjoy the show.”

Buffy walked over to the girls’ usual table, and sat down, frown set in place.

“Alright, what’s up? You got pensive face.” Cordy spoke up leaning forward.

“I’ve been getting that a lot lately.” Buffy propped her chin in her hands, and sighed.

“Yuh-huh! Noticed. What’s going on? Wills and I are worried.” Cordy had a concern frown on her face.

“Yeah. I-I mean, you’ve been all neglect-y and brood-ish as of late, and it’s not the natural order of things in Buffyland.” Willow said in agreement.

“Well things in Buffyland aren’t exactly Buff-tastic.” She replied with a pout.

“Are things with you and sexy over there okay?” Cordy nodded in the direction of Spike.

“What? Oh yeah. No, no, no that’s not it at all.” Buffy answered quickly. “Me and him are great.”

“Well what is it that’s got y’all doom and gloomy?” Wills asked clearly worried for the well being of her friend.

Buffy closed her eyes briefly to rein her emotions. “Spike has-”

“Hello! And Welcome again to Open Mic Night!” The enthusiastic MC cut off Buffy. The crowd cheered loudly. “Please Welcome ‘Blood Lust’”. The crowd cheered even louder than the first time.

“Whoo! Go Spike!” Buffy could hear the faint yell of a girl in the back. She restrained herself from going back there and knocking her lights out.

“Hey, everyone. Okay…we decided to do something a little different. Uh, this is an original song…written by yours truly.” Spike smiled into the crowd.

Buffy frowned. When in the hell did he write a song? How come he didn’t tell me?

“I wrote it for my girlfriend…” groans of girls were audible at ‘girlfriend’ “…who is hearing it for the first time tonight.”

Oh. Ohh! Awww. Buffy tilted her head to the side like a lost puppy just came up to her and gave her the cute puppy dog eyes she’d even seen.

He looked at her straight in the eye from the stage, and mouthed the words ‘I love you.’ Buffy mouthed it back, her heart leaping out of her chest with anticipation.

She comes home to me after a hard night's work
Falls in my arms and sleeps like a bird
Startle, wakes up, like she don't know me
Cocks back her fist like she's going to slug me
Like, who are you anyway
And what are you doing to me?


Buffy let out a short and quiet laugh, and smiled up at him, as he winked at her.

Flashback

Buffy woke up on the couch, and found herself leaning on 8 year-old William’s chest. She frowned, and punched him in the shoulder.

“What are you doing!?” she yelled at him, waking him up.

“You fell asleep on me!” he yelled back, sleepily and rubbing his eyes.

“Shut up!”


End Flashback

She's an angel
But she can't see it
She's got wings,
But she can't feel 'em
She's an angel
But she can't see it
But she's flying above me every day
Every day of my life

Bright diamond eyes with daggers beneath them
She carries the chains of a million decisions
They weren't even hers to begin with anyway
But she carries them all
All the people around her
Never even notice that she's very very tired


Buffy wanted to cry. This is what he thought of her? She wanted to do nothing more than put an end to the sexual tension between them pull him off that stage, and bring him to her bed.

She's an angel
But she can't see it
She's got wings
But she can't feel 'em
She's an angel
But she can't see it
But she's flying above me every day
Every day of my life


The song ended and Buffy wiped away the stray tear that fell from her eye.

Both Willow and Cordelia, ‘awed’ at the very sweet song that was just sung to their friend. Cordy wanted even the mushy type and she wanted to ball. She was ready to go up there and smack Xander- Who she started dating recently by the way -for not writing a song for her.

The MC walked back on stage, and made another announcement. “Wow…that was great wasn’t it people?!” everyone clapped louder. “Lucky lady. Speaking of which, we have an old group member coming to sing for one last time with the band. Everyone give it up for Buffy Summers!!” the crowd cheered as Buffy stood and made her way up to the stage, a blush growing on her face.

“What is she doin?” Willow whispered to Cordy.

“Haven’t got a clue.”

Buffy climbed up to the stage, and looked at Spike with a smile. She gave him a light kiss, and smiled as she pulled away. “It was beautiful, William. Thank you.”

Spike didn’t reply, he simply ran a hand over her hair and cupped her cheek, smiling down at her. “Do you’re thing, baby.” He walked back stage, and leaned on a wall, his arms crossed over his chest.

Buffy took a deep breath. “Let’s do this.” She spoke to herself out loud. She walked up to the mic, and inhaled deep before speaking. “Hey…it’s great to be back up here again, I’m gunna do an old classic of mine…one of my first songs actually.” She turned around to Xander and gave him a look that told him she was ready. He nodded and looked at Gunn who started the slow beat.

I'm so tired of being here
Suppressed by all my childish fears
And if you have to leave
I wish that you would just leave
'Cause your presence still lingers here
And it won't leave me alone


Spike straightened up suddenly, looked at Buffy in awe. He had no idea how much of an angelic voice she had. It was so soft, and light, yet deep and filled with solace. The purely sweet tone floated about the room, filling every corner.

These wounds won't seem to heal
This pain is just too real
There's just too much that time cannot erase

When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
And I held your hand through all of these years
But you still have
All of me


He wondered. If she wrote this…who is she singing about? His brows frowned in concentration, as his mind worked over-time.

You used to captivate me
By your resonating life
Now I'm bound by the life you've left behind
Your face it haunts
My once pleasant dreams
Your voice it chased away
All the sanity in me

I've tried so hard to tell myself that you're gone
But though you're still with me
I've been alone all along


The crowd was quiet for a couple of seconds, basking in the song they hadn’t heard in a long time. Soon the club was filled with loud clapping and cheering.

Buffy smiled, missing the appreciation she got every time she sang.

The MC came back onto the stage once more. “Well…I’m sure you all missed the sweet voice of Buffy Summers…I know I sure did.”

The people that went to the Bronze now, were the people that went to the Bronze two years ago, when Buffy first came out with that song. It was like she and the band had their own groupies.
She thanked the mob, and walked back stage to join her boyfriend.

Spike wrapped his arms around her waist and picked her up, barely lifting her feet of the floor. He kissed her passionately, before placing her back on the ground.

“You were amazing, luv. I had no idea your voice was that captivating…”

Buffy just stood there, eyes wide, and mouth a gape. She swallowed hard as she looked up at him.

“You okay, pet?”

“Mmhm. Still kinda shocked about that kiss…just lemme bask for a sec.” she paused. “Okay…I’m cool.”

Spike chuckled and pulled her into his arms again.



please review!!!