Chapter 12: Things Get Scary

As soon as the blonde couple got home from their gig, mouths and hands were all over each other. Quickly unlocking the door, Buffy went inside the house and turned around pulling Spike in with her. Thank God her mom was visiting a friend in L.A. for a couple of days cause this was not something she really wanted her mom hearing.

She dragged him up the stairs eagerly, and into her bedroom. Once locked inside everything slowed down. Buffy placed a gentle and sweet kiss on his lips, before taking his hand in hers and leading him to the bed. Urging his to sit down and relax, she pulled away from him and walked over to the stereo. Buffy played a CD she had burned that had soft and slow songs on it.

Turning back to Spike, she slowly started to way her hips to the music while carefully undoing the buttons on her tight, red blouse, and letting it fall to the floor.

Spike just stared at her in awe, at the beauty of her luscious body. She then let her small hand fall to the waist of her jeans, and continued her little strip tease by undoing the button and the zipper of her pants. Shimming out of them, she walked closer to Spike, and stood between his legs. She knew that he would be nervous so she reassured him by kissing him softly on the lips, then cheek, jaw, and neck. Her hands trailed down his chest to the hem of his shirt, and pulled it up over his head.

Spike ran his gaze over her, and placed his hands on her hips, making soothing circles with his thumb on her hipbones. Surprising her, he hooked his fingers into her strings of her thong, and slowly pulled them down her nicely bronzed thighs, until they pooled to the ground. She reached up behind her back and undid her bra, and threw it across the room.

“Lay back.” Buffy whispered into his ear. Being her complete slave, Spike obeyed. He situated himself on the bed, and waited for Buffy’s next move. She was in control tonight. He didn’t want to do something to screw this up so he was going to let her call the shots.

Buffy crawled over him, straddling his waist, and kissed him passionately, putting all her love and devotion to him in it. She thought she was going to weep with amazement, when he wrapped his arms around her bare back and pulled her to him, putting just as much love and devotion into the kiss as she was. Breaking away, Buffy continued to kiss down his neck, licking and nipping her way down his chest. She kissed and licked his bellybutton, causing him to giggle, and made her smile against him. Once she reached his jeans, she undid his belt, and pants and started pulling them off. She wasn’t surprised in the least to find out he wasn’t wearing any underwear.

Pulling them off of his legs, she tossed them to the side, and them quickly pulled off his socks.

Working her way back up his body, she kissing his hipbones and licked the tip of his raging erection that started to pearl with pre cum. Spike hissed in anticipation, and gripped the sheets in his fists.

She straddled his waist once again and studied the look of pure pleasure on his face. She ran a hand down his cheek, causing him to open his beautiful blue eyes, and look at her with intensity.

Lifting herself up slightly, Buffy grabbed his long, hard cock, and positioned it at her slick opening. Spike felt her juices start to drip down his shaft and it was driving him crazy.

“Ready?” Buffy asked, waiting for his approval. Not being able to make words at the moment, he nodded.

At a slow and excruciatingly pace, Buffy slid down on him, both letting out a gasp of pleasure at the penetration. Wiggling her hips, Buffy brought all of him inside her, and sighed at the sensations building up in her stomach.

Spike held her hips still, reviling in the moment of just being inside her so intimately. He ran a hand through her blonde locks that were falling so perfectly over her shoulders. With a loving smile, Buffy ever so slowly started to move up and down on him, starting a rhythm they could adjust to.

Spike wrapped his arms around her and pulled her down to his chest, bucking up, and striking a spot in her that made her make the most amazing of sounds.

She moaned loudly, and buried her head in his shoulder. She rode him faster, lifting her frame off his chest, and put her hands in their place. She threw her head back, and continued moaning at the feel of Spike sliding inside her.

Spike made a split second decision and flipped them over putting him on top. He continued to pump into her, making her keen in more pleasure than she thought possible.

“Ugh…Spike.” She gripped his arms tightly. “Harder.” Spike obliged, and pounded into her, making her breasts jiggle with their movements of passion. Spike lowered his head and sucked one into his mouth, causing Buffy to arch her back into him, and buck wildly beneath him. He moved one hand to rub the small sensitive nub between her legs as he felt his climax creep through him.

Buffy’s mouth opened in a silent cry, as the feel of his mouth and teeth playing with her nipple, his fingers circling her clit, and his cock pumping into her was throwing her over the edge. She stiffened as her orgasm washed over her in big rolling waves. She held Spike’s arms, and clenched her inner muscles around him, as she came hard.

Spike felt her squeezing him and let his climax take over him. She milked him for all he was worth, and he continued to pump into her riding it out for as long as possible. Hearing her cry out and squeeze him again, he covered her mouth with his and kissed her as she came for the second time.

After they came down from their high, Spike rolled off of her, and pulled her against his heaving chest. Buffy cuddled up next to him and let sleep take over.

Spike lay there and watched her for a while smiling contently before letting sleep take him as well.

* * * * *

Spike woke up the next morning, and felt a warm arm slung across his chest. Buffy’s small hand was resting on his torso. He looked over at her and noticed the cutest sleepy pout he’s ever seen. He brushed her bed-messed hair out of her face, and smiled as he thought about the night before.

Just when he thought she couldn’t surprise him anymore, she let last night happen. She had taken him up on his offer about the ‘horizontal mambo’, or so Dr. Wilkins called it. It was the most amazing, passionate thing he had ever experienced and he knew then that he could never let her go. If he could freeze that moment, he would. Then he realized that there was definitely going to be more nights like that.

Reluctantly, Spike carefully lifted her tiny hand, and slipped out from under it.

He silently, threw his legs off the side of the bed, and pulled on his jeans. He shot a glance at the clock. ‘9:45’. Spike looked back once more at his girlfriend’s sleeping form before he stood up and padded his way to the bathroom.

Spike looked at himself in the mirror. He was loosing weight. His cheekbones were more defined, and his Adams apple stuck out further. He turned on the tap, letting the cold water run before splashing his face with it.

Exhaling heavily, Spike opened the cabinet and pulled out two of the five bottles. He popped two of each in his mouth, then filled up a cup and gulped them down. He closed his eyes and tried to ignore the substantial amount of pain that clenched his stomach. He placed his hand on his abdomen and plunked down on the edge of the tub, bending his top half forward demanding the ache to die out. He rocked himself slowly.

“Baby?” a soft and sleepy voice sounded from the doorway.

Spike heard her, but was pained too much to answer. He continued to rock himself, looking down at the white linoleum, and not giving Buffy so much as a glance.

When he didn’t answer, she cautiously stepped closer, not wanting to startle him. “Baby…William? What’s wrong?” Her voice shook with worry, when she saw the small beads of sweat forming around his hairline. She sat down next to him and placed a hand on his thigh. “William, please tell me what’s wrong. Talk to me?” she asked in more of a question than a demand.

Spike shook his head, which looked more like a shudder. “No. If I don’t talk, it doesn’t hurt…much.” Spike choked out in a strained, raspy voice.

Buffy could see the tears piling up behind his eyes. She tried to hold back her own at the sight of it. “Hold on, okay.” She fought back the lump in her throat. She stood and reached behind the curtain of the shower to grab the blue face towel. She walked over to the sink, and ran it under cold water. After wringing it out, she walked back over to Spike and knelt between his legs.

She dabbed it gently over his forehead, on his cheeks, and under his chin. She looked up at him to see him staring down at her, his eyes fluttering open and closed. “I don’t want you seein me like this…please.” Spike said in a low whisper, turning his head away from her.

Buffy continued looking up at him for a moment before she sighed, and turned his chin back to look at her. “Honey…listen to me. I love you, and I’m gunna take care of you, okay? And don’t be that stubborn little boy and say: ‘I don’t need anyone to take care of me’, because you do, and whether you like it or not I’m going to be there to do just that.” Buffy let the tears fall freely from her eyes. She dropped her hand, and then looked down at the floor, holding back her sobs.

“Luv, I’m sorry.” Spike didn’t mind the pain he was feeling in his stomach anymore. In fact he welcomed it. It ached less than the pain he felt in his heart when he saw Buffy cry. “Please don’t cry…” Spike tilted her chin up to look at her again. He wiped away the fallen tears gently as he spoke. “I just didn’t want you feeling sorry for me.”

“I don’t feel sorry for you Spike. I don’t pity you…I care about you. You mean so much to me, and if something-” Buffy cut herself off, really not wanting to think about what she was about to say. She took in a deep breath. “Please, Will. Just let me help you?” Buffy stared at him with pleading eyes.

Spike just smiled at her and his gut wrenching pain subsided. He bent down to give her a soft kiss. “Alright.” He whispered.

“Thank you.” Buffy stood and placed the damp towel on the counter. “Now, I’m going to, call Dr. Wilkins and tell him that we need to stop by-”

“Buffy-” Spike cut her off, only to be cut off himself by a stronger and more determined voice.

Then we’re going to get ready and drive down there to see him; you’re not getting out of this Spike. You need to see a doctor. If things are getting worse you shouldn’t just toss it aside and try to act like it never happened.” Buffy looked intently at him, showing him that she wasn’t changing her mind. Buffy helped Spike stand and walked him back into her bedroom. “You okay?” she asked softly, running her cold hand down his burning cheek.

“Yeah…fine.”

* * * * *

Buffy sat in the waiting room of the hospital as Spike went through the CAT scan. Dr. Wilkins had told them that it would be best to go in and check to see if they missed anything. If they did, they would have to put him on chemotherapy.

The thought alone brought her to tears. They should have done this before! What if it’s too late? What if it’s already spread, and things got worse? She tried to push away those negative thoughts as she saw Dr. Wilkins come out of double doors at the end of the hallway.

Buffy jumped up out of her seat, and made in to him in three strides. “Please tell me you have good news.” She chewed her thumbnail nervously.

“Well…it’s not bad news. But it’s not very good either.” Buffy chocked out a sob, but forced herself to stay together. “The cancer in Will’s stomach is developing awfully quick. But, but he’s going to be fine, you have nothing to worry about.” Dr. Wilkins smiled brightly at Buffy, trying to reassure her as much as possible. “We want to keep him here a while longer…he’s going to need to take chemotherapy. It’s highly effective against the form of stomach cancer he has. We’ll schedule a surgery for Mr. Giles as soon as possible. But we do have a bit of a waiting list.”

“Okay…I got to make some phone calls.” Buffy’s voice was small and quiet. She had completely zoned out after he told her that the cancer was developing quickly. It Buffy’s books that was no good…and that turned her into Space Cadet girl.

“Okay. William will be getting set up in his room in a few hours…we just want to run some more tests. You should get something to eat, darlin. An empty belly is an unhappy belly.” Dr. Wilkins playfully poked her in the stomach. He was just trying to bump her spirit a little, trying to show her that it wasn’t something to be down about. “Breakfast is the most important meal, you know.”

“Yeah, sure.” Buffy walked away, making her to the pay phone.

Dr. Wilkins stared after her. “Tsk tsk. Poor girl’s holdin the weight of the world.” He shook his head, and headed back to the double doors.

Buffy picked up the phone and slid a quarter in the slit. She dialed a 1-800 number and waited for the operator. “Hi, I’d like to make a collect call to England please. Thank you.” Buffy waited as she was put on hold for the operating system. “London. Rupert Giles.” Buffy waited impatiently as they searched for the number.

“Hello?” a voice sounded on the other line after a few rings.

“Giles. It’s Buffy.” Her voice was raspy; forcing it’s way from behind her lump in her throat.

“Buffy, dear! How are you?” Giles’ voice was chipper. He couldn’t remember the last time he spoke to the girl he felt was his surrogate daughter.

“Giles…” Buffy’s voice trailed off as tears fell down her cheeks. “You need to come here. Will’s getting worse.”

Giles could hear the small child-like sniffles on the other end of the phone. “Alright.” He started in a panic. “I’ll take the next flight out of London.” After a short goodbye, he hung up, grabbed his suitcase, shoved couple of outfits in it and headed to the airport.

Buffy hung up the phone, only to pick it up again and slip in another quarter. She dialed the familiar number and waited for it to pick up.

“Hello?”

“Mom…” Buffy sounded like a lost girl.

“Buffy, thank God! Where are you I was worried sick.” Her mother’s frightened tone was evident.

“I’m at the hospital…with Spike.”

“Oh, God. Is he okay?” Joyce was afraid of this…her heart raced.

“Mom, I don’t know how to say this but…Spike has cancer.” Buffy broke off into a sob, covering her mouth with her hand. Reality just struck how serious this was.

“I know, honey.” She replied softly, trying to comfort her daughter.

“What?!” Buffy’s hand dropped, and her tone was firm and angry. “You knew? And you didn’t tell me!?” Buffy turned around and noticed a couple of nurses starting at her. Turning her back on them she cupped her hand over the voice piece, and spoke quieter. “How could you not tell me?”

“Sweetheart, I’m sorry. But he told me not to tell you.” Joyce answered defensively.

“Mom, this is huge. You could have at least-” Buffy stopped herself letting out a deep sigh. “Nevermind. This is…not the time, nor the place. I-I called Giles…he’s on his way.”

“I’ll be down there in five minutes, okay?”

“Yeah, okay.” Buffy whispered. After she hung up, Buffy walked over to a vending machine, and stuck a one-dollar bill in the slit. She pressed the letter and number combo, and waited for her bag of chips to fall.

She bent down grabbed the bag and walked back over to the waiting area. Buffy placed the chips on the table, and rested her elbows on her knees, her fingers running through her hair in a stressed manner.

“Excuse me. Ms. Summers?” Buffy’s head shot up at the sound of her name. “Um, could you please fill these out? It will only take a minute.” the nurse’s voice was soft and calming, but did nothing to tranquil her.

Buffy took the clipboard slowly from her, and started filling out the information. “When you’re done just hand it into the front desk.” The nurse walked away with a small smile.

When Buffy finished, she handed it to the front desk and went back to her spot. She leaned back into the chair, and let out a huff. She eyed the bag of chips.

I am kinda hungry. And breakfast is the most important meal…no matter how unhealthy it is. Buffy reached for the bag, and leaned back, preparing to open it.

Just then Dr. Wilkins walked into the waiting room. “Why Hello Ms. Buffy. Just the person I wanted to see.”

Buffy tossed the chips into a nearby garbage can, as she walked up to him. “Will’s got a room now if you’d like to see him.” Buffy just nodded eagerly. “I’ll take you.” Buffy followed him as he walked over the elevator.

He pressed the 3rd floor button, and held his wrist behind his back, rocking back and forth on his heels.

The two stayed silent in the small space, and Dr. Wilkins stared up at the light above the metal doors, as it pasted through the floors.

Buffy was nervous, her breathing, fast and heavy. She fidgeted with her hands, can’t find anything to do with them.

“It’s alright, you really have nothing to worry about.” The two walked out of the elevator when it reached the 3rd floor. “He’s just going to be a little sedated.” He walked her down a long hall with doors that had 300 numbers written on them. He stopped at the one that had 324 on it. “We gave him a private room, William was very hasty to suggest it. Firecracker of a spirit that one has.” The doctor chuckled lightly, when he saw the smile of agreement on Buffy’s face.

He opened the door and let her pass through. She slowly walked into the hospital room, eying the things around her before letting them fall on the figure lying in the bed.

A small gasp slipped from her mouth when she saw him. He had a tube inserted into his arm that led to a clear packet hanging on a steel rod. She walked over to Spike, and stood by the side of the bed.

She grabbed his hand and held it in hers. Spike slowly turned his head to look up at her with a smile. His eyes were half open. “Hey baby.” He pushed himself up on the bed, to lean against the pillows. “Nice room huh?” Spike said with his trademark smirk.

Buffy smiled, and looked down. She nodded slowly, and then looked up at him again. “How you doin?” she asked hesitantly.

“I’m fine.” Spike answered good-naturedly, accompanied with a shrug. “A little tired. My fear of needles is gone. Don’t hurt so much as I thought.” He joked with a light chuckle. “Come sit.” Spike patted a spot next to him.

Buffy sat down, rubbing her boyfriend’s arm soothingly. “Called you’re dad…he’s on his way back.”

“Pet, you really shouldn’t have, this is nothing. Now he’s going to get all worried. He doesn’t need that right now, kitten.” Spike brushed the stray hairs out of her face. “And you…don’t worry either, okay? You’re stressin’ yourself out for no reason.”

“You say that like it’s an easy thing to do. Of course I’m going to worry…it’s scary. This whole big thing is scary.” Buffy frowned, a concerned look on her face.

“I’ll be outta here before you know it.” Spike smiled brightly at her, melting away any doubts she had. She cuddled into him like she normally would. She forgot that she was in the hospital room. Forgot why she was here. And that her boyfriend and best friend; was sick beside her.

Joyce was directed by a nurse where his room was. She opened the door quietly, and noticed the two talking together. From her point of view it looked like a personal moment shared between the two. Not wanting to intrude on it, and noticing that Spike was okay, she smiled as she closed the door as quietly as she had opened it, and headed back to her car. She could visit them later…


please review!!!