Author's Chapter Notes:
Also i'm sure you have all noticed the amount of songs in this story...i'm sorry if you don't like it but the story is based around it...and i really like the songs..hehe

Now the real song that I wrote is called 'the One'. I chose not to put it up cuz i'm a little self-concious about it...lol but i might at a later date...mmk!
Chapter 16: Just Yours

It had been two days since Buffy and Spike had performed at the Jolt, and Buffy was happy to say that her song for Spike was finally finished. It usually didn’t take her that long to write songs, but she had written, read, erased then re-wrote trying to get it perfect. And the finished project was better than she could have hoped.

She bubbly flounced down the stairs and into the kitchen where Spike and Joyce were making breakfast. “Hello all!” she exclaimed. She gave her mother, who was cooking at the stove a kiss on the cheek. “Mom…” she then moved over to her boyfriend who was cutting vegetables at the counter. “Baby…” she wrapped her arms around his waist from the back and Spike turned his head to give her a kiss on the lips. She smiled brightly at him before he turned back to his task. Giving him one more kiss to his shoulder, she continued. “So…homework’s all finished. Anything I can do down here?”

Joyce turned around and smiled at the cute display. “Ah, yes, honey…can you set the table please?”

“On it.” Buffy moved around the kitchen and grabbed what she needed, stealing glances at Spike as she did so. She really hoped he liked what she had planned for them.

* * * * *

After dinner Buffy and Spike went for a drive to their private childhood spot. Buffy wanted to kill a little time before going back to the house. Her mom knew she had a surprise planned for Spike so she said she’d leave to give them a little alone time.

They sat under the willow tree for about half an hour talking about silly random rumors that were going around the college. People had been talking about the two of them and how they were supposedly ‘Broken Up’ because the two haven’t been seen together as of late. The truth was, that Spike had soccer on his free time, and Buffy had dancer on her free time. So pretty much the only time the couple had together was in one or two classes, and after class was over.

Since Sunnydale was such a small town, things got around quite fast. And there wasn’t a lot to talk about on a daily basis. So when someone that used to live here came back after eight years, to reunite with his best friend it was headline news. And it only got around faster when they found out about Spike having cancer, and the relationship that bloomed between the best friends. The blonde couple was pretty much the topic of almost every conversation that summer, and it only made them stronger in the end.

“We should probably be heading back now.” Buffy stated, lifting her head off of Spike’s shoulder.

“You sure? I mean it’s still early.” Spike asked with a raised brow. He was a little worried about her. She had been spending a lot of time by herself up in her room lately, and he was starting to think something was up with her. She still showed affection towards him, and he knew that she hadn’t stopped loving him, but she was being a little distant and it was starting to scare him.

“Yeah I know…but I kinda just want to do the veg-thing. Ya know, just sit on the couch and watch a movie or something.” Buffy stood up and brushed the dirt off her jeans.

“Buffy…” Spike started hesitantly. When she looked down at him, with a smile he continued. “Is everything okay?”

“Yeah! Why wouldn’t it be? Everything is perfectly Buff-tastic.” Buffy put on a big smile, and watched as Spike stood up, and brushed off his duster. She was really nervous.

He looked at her intensely. “If something was wrong, baby, you’d tell me right? You wouldn’t keep anything from me?”

“Will, where is all this coming from? Of course I’d tell you, but seriously nothing’s wrong. Okay? Come on…let’s go.” Buffy gave him a reassuring smile, and held his hand in hers as they walked back to the car.

As they walked through the door, the nerves Buffy was feeling skyrocketed. She had performed in front of hundreds of strangers before and that was easy, but for some reason it made her a little more nervous doing it for one person only. She tried to reason with herself and get herself to relax, but her heart was beating faster by every second.
“I’ll be right back, okay.” Buffy said as she went up the stairs to the bathroom. She needed to compose herself and get everything set up before he came up to join her.

Spike closed the door behind them, hung his duster up on the coat rack and walked into the living room. Sitting on the couch he was slowing starting to see Buffy slip from his hands. He could tell that she was being evasive about something and he couldn’t tell what but he really didn’t like it. She was his life and he was not ready to give her up yet. Or ever. He thought to himself.

Meanwhile, Buffy was in her room and singing the words to the song in her head, and taking deep breaths to control her nerves.

Taking off her jacket and slipping into her blue silk drawstring pajama pants, and a matching lace camisole, she called Spike upstairs.

* * * * *

When Spike heard her call for him to come upstairs, he stood up and slowly made his way up to her room. When he got there, he took a deep breath before pushing open the door, to the room where he had spent majority of his nights.

What he saw was not at all what he was expecting. Buffy was sitting behind her keyboard on the cushioned bench cross-legged with her hands folded in her lap. “Hey! Took you long enough. Come on sit down.” Buffy said with a bright smile, as she gestured him to sit on her bed.

When he sat down, Buffy took a deep breath, and looked up at him. “Okay…I know if been a little distant lately, but I had a good reason I promise. I was putting something together for you.” Spike looked slightly surprised and raised his eyebrows at her. “Yup! I’ve been thinking it up for a while now but I never really had time to put it down on paper cause of everything that was going on. Okay…I’m a little nervous, so bare with me here.”

Buffy lowered her feet to the ground, and then cracked her fingers before placing them lightly above the starting keys. She played the first cords and let the music echo through the room.

When I think back
On these times
And the dreams
We left behind
I’ll be glad 'cause
I was blessed to get
To have you in my life
When I look back
On these days
I’ll look and see your face
You were right there for me

While Spike listened to the words flowing from Buffy’s mouth, he tried to keep the tears from falling. The words touched him more than anything, and he didn’t know if his could possibly love her any more than this exact moment with her singing to him.

In my dreams
I’ll always see you soar
Above the sky
In my heart
There always be a place
For you for all my life
I’ll keep a part
Of you with me
And everywhere I am
There you’ll be

Buffy looked up at her boyfriend and her eyes shone as she sang the chorus. Her green orbs held an intensity that reflected in his, and they spoke louder than words themselves.

Well you showed me
How it feels
To feel the sky
Within my reach
And I always
Will remember all
The strength you
Gave to me
Your love made me
Make it through
Oh, I owe so much to you
You were right there for me

In my dreams
I’ll always see you soar
Above the sky
In my heart
There always be a place
For you for all my life
I’ll keep a part
Of you with me
And everywhere I am
There you’ll be

Buffy noticed the tears in William’s eyes, and could barely keep hers at bay. But still, she kept her voice strong, and continued to sing for him with everything she was. She put her heart and soul into writing this song, and all of it was showing as she voiced her feelings to her lover, and best friend.

'Cause I always saw in you
My light, my strength
And I want to thank you
Now for all the ways
You were right there for me
You were right there for me
For always

Buffy belted out the last line sending simultaneous shudders crawling up both Buffy and Spike’s spine. Buffy closed her eyes, and let the music wash over her while she allowed her delicate fingers to lightly tap the white keys of the keyboard.

In my dreams
I’ll always see you soar
Above the sky
In my heart
There always be a place
For you for all my life
I’ll keep a part
Of you with me
And everywhere I am
There you’ll be
There…you’ll be

After Buffy finished the song she smiled at Spike, and walked over into his embrace. The two lay down on the bed together cuddled in each other’s arms.

“That was beautiful, baby.” Spike kissed her on the forehead, then cheek then lips. “You have no idea how much that means to me.” Spike hugged her closer, and ran his hand through her golden locks.

“Well, I wanted to give you something that was just yours, you know, something that’s just between you and me. And then…one day, we can sing it together.” Buffy stated, smiling up at Spike with her eyes shimmering with tears.

“Well, that sounds like a plan to me. Probably make everyone cry, but it’ll be well worth it.” They both laughed, and Buffy snuggled her head on his chest. “You know what?”

“What?” she replied, as she was slowly starting to get pulled into slumber.

“I actually thought you were taking me up here to break up with me.” Spike admitted with a nervous laugh, as he looked down at Buffy.

“What?!” Buffy sat up and looked him incredulously. “You’re kidding, right?”

“Well, you were kinda avoiding me the past little while. What was I suppose to think?” Spike countered, sitting up as well.

“I wasn’t avoiding you, I was busy writing the song, silly. I was writing the music and the lyrics, and I wanted to keep it a surprise so I pushed you a way a little so I didn’t accidentally let it slip. I’m sorry.” Buffy explained with a smile.

“It’s okay. I’m happier with this outcome anyway.” He claimed, pulling her back into his arms. The two of them lay down on the bed, and closed their eyes.

“Me too.” Buffy agreed right before she fell asleep.



please review!!!