Author's Chapter Notes:
Okay from this chapter and on, is where the story changes. I had told you before that the true story that I had originally started is going to be changed because: 1- I couldn’t find it in me to finish the true story; and 2-I had an idea for another story a few months back, and instead of writing a whole new story, I decided to merge them into one. So from here on out it’s my creative mind instead of the originally based story line. Plus this way the story’s longer. : D
Chapter 17: Our Happily Ever After…Sort Of

6 Years later- September 7, 2011

“Lana! Hurry up, sweetie you’re gunna be late for your first day of school.” Buffy called up the stairs, twirling her keys on the index finger.

“I’m coming, mommy! Daddy’s just doing my hair.” The little girl yelled, and appeared seconds later. “See? He put my hair in ponytails. Do you like them?” She exclaimed with a big smile, wagging the said ponytails in the air.

“Love them…come on let’s go. Get in the car, I’ll be there in a second.” Buffy handed her daughter her Sponge bob backpack, and patted her butt playfully out the door, causing the five year old to giggle.

Buffy waited with a smile on her face as Spike walked down the stairs in a black beater and dark gray sweatpants, and watched as he breathed a sigh of relief. “That is something the mommies are suppose to do. That’s your job from now on, alright?” Spike placed a kiss on his wife’s forehead, and smiled down at her.

Buffy smiled back at him, ran her hands up and down his bare arms. “Do you ever stop and think: ‘When did our lives get so perfect?’” she asked in a soft tone.

“Right around when you opened the door, to me standing on your porch.” Spike suggested, running his fingers through Buffy’s straight blonde locks.

“I was thinking the same thing.” Buffy looked at her watch. “Oh, I got to go. Mom said she’d pick up Lana from school today so I can get ready for tonight. I’m also leaving early from work; we have a meeting this morning, then it’s a lot of research and writing the rest of the day for me, so I’ll see if I can just sneak away, and do it later. I love you.” Buffy gave him a kiss on the lips.

“I love you, too. I’ll call you when I get my break…we can meet up for lunch?” Spike asked, handing Buffy her purse and jacket.

“Yup! Bye, baby.” Buffy walked out the door and jogged around the front of the car to the driver’s side.

“Bout time, mom.” Lana said teasingly.

“Sorry, honey.” Buffy buckled herself in and put the key in the ignition. “Okay, you know Grandma’s picking you up today from school right?”

“Yuh-huh! You and daddy told me like a million times. It’s your ‘special day’.” The little girl quoted, with a smile.

That day was Buffy and Spike’s 4-year anniversary. One and a half years after Buffy wrote Spike the song, Spike had proposed to her, and a few months after that Buffy found out that she was pregnant. The two decided to wait until after the baby was born to have the wedding, because Buffy wanted the baby to be a part on the wedding. So when Lana was a year old the two of the got married with their little girl by their side.

After Buffy graduated from UC Sunnydale, she went on to become an intern at ELLE magazine, and then worked her way up to head in journalism after a year and a half. She had her own two-page column of which she could write about whatever she wished. She loved her career intensely and knew that she was lucky to be where she was already. It took some employees years to get to the rank that she was at, and she was blessed to excel so quickly.

Spike himself, had been noticed by scout from the national soccer team while playing for UC Sunnydale, and was offered a spot on the team. He had been reluctant at first, knowing that it meant leaving the state to play at away games, but after Buffy had insisted that he join, and to not give up on his dream, he had. She promised that she would go along with him to his away games, and when he mentioned her work, she told him that she could communicate with everyone there through her laptop.

They were living out their happily ever after ending. They were a happy little family of three, with thoughts of making it four.

* * * * *

Buffy sat to the left of her boss, who sat at the head of the long glass table in the meeting room. People started to walk in and seat themselves at the table, pulling out their folders and readying themselves for the meeting.

“Okay, now that everyone is here, I want to talk about the next issue.” Anya Jenkins stood up and spoke clearly to the employees before her. “Now…people are talking; saying ELLE isn’t the ‘it’ magazine anymore. Our costumers are starting to reach for People magazine instead of ELLE and that means no money coming in for our company!” Anya picked up a People magazine and proved that the columns were more enticing. “Look at this! We need frickin awesome articles in this next issue people, not just average ones!” Anya tossed the magazine into the middle of the table. “I’m talking extreme…something that’s gunna draw people in: moms, dads, teenagers…something that everyone can relate to. Okay? Deadline’s in two weeks.” Anya sat down, and started to flip through some files she had stacked in front of her. The meeting room was quiet, no one quite sure what to say. Anya looked up and sighed in an annoyed fashion. “You can leave now.” As everyone started putting his or her things away, she called out. “Remember: something good. And if I don’t like it you’re fired!” she said, in a firm voice that showed her authority. “Ooh I like that…” she thought out loud to herself.

Anya turned to Buffy as she watched her pack up her things. “Buffy…you’re one of the best journalists I have. That’s why you’re only one step down from my position. Half a year at most and you’ll be sitting right here.” Anya pointed to the seat she was just in at the head of the table. “You’re the best Buffy…so I’ll be expecting the best.” Anya gave her favorite employee a smile, as she walked out of the office.

“And the best you will get.” Buffy stated to herself. It’ll just have to wait until after tonight.

Buffy packed up her stuff and went back to her office to quickly finish up some things before she went to meet Spike for lunch.

* * * * *

Spike kicked the soccer ball into the top right corner of the net, and turned to the side to wait until his coach tossed him another ball. Spike bounced it off his head, and passed it to another player, who bounced it off his head to another player, who bounced it off his chest, to the ground, then kicked it passed one of their teammates in between the goal posts.

“All right, boys! One more drill: I want you to dribble the ball through the cones ten times, and if you touch the cones at all you have to start over again. From there, do five laps around the field then you can hit the showers!” the coach yelled out as the soccer team got everything set up for their next drill. He blew the whistle loudly. “GO!!”

As Spike went through the drill, he thought about how excited he was about his and Buffy date tonight. He couldn’t believe just how far the two of them have gotten. How much they had overcome in the years they’ve been together. Spike noticed he had already gone through the drill nine times. One more…I wonder what’s it store for after the date. Lana’s staying with Joyce, Buffy and I will have the whole house to ourselves. Just that thought nearly made Spike trip, causing him to hit the last cone.

“Giles! 10 more…what with you today? You’re off your game!” The coach asked concerned.

“Sorry, Coach. Just got a lot on my mind is all.” He said cryptically, with a slight blush on his cheeks. Spike went and started all over again, this time keeping his mind clear of Naked Buffy.

* * * * *

About half an hour later Spike walked into the quaint little restaurant that was a five-minute drive away from both of them. He strolled over to where Buffy was sitting, wearing black slacks and a tan button-up shirt. She could tell his hair was still wet from his shower, as she noticed his unruly blonde curls.

“Sorry I’m late, baby. I had to do a couple of extra drills before I hit the showers.” Spike sat across from her after giving her a soft kiss on the lips, and a loving smile. At Buffy’s confused frown, he continued. “I kinda zoned out while doing a drill, and hit a cone while doing dribbles…so David made me do them again.”

The two picked up their menus and looked over the lunch specials. “What did you get all zone-y about? That’s usually not like you.” Buffy claimed glancing over her menu to look at Spike with a suspicious stare.

“Well…” Spike placed his menu down, and smiled slyly at his wife. “I was actually thinking about tonight, our date. And also…after the date.” Spike wagged his brows at her suggestively causing her to blush.

Spike loved how after all these years, after all the things they had done together, she still blushed at his innuendos. When the waitress came the two ordered and continued to make plans for their night.

* * * * *

The night had gone as beautifully as planned. The blonde couple went out for dinner at a small Italian restaurant called Signorile’s downtown and then afterward, headed to their spot by the willow tree.

Spike had his back up against the trunk of the tree, with Buffy’s head rested lightly in his lap. They spent the rest of the evening like this; relishing in the absolute flawlessness that was their life.

* * * * *

Buffy was flipping through the channels on the radio on the way home from the willow tree. “Thank you for tonight, honey.” She caressed Spike’s thigh, and gave him a bright smile as he glanced over to her.

Spike grabbed her hand, brought it up to his lips and left kisses along her knuckles. “Happy Anniversary, luv. ‘Sides, we needed that. Our schedules have been really hectic lately; we needed some time to ourselves.” Spike claimed squeezing Buffy’s hand that was now resting on her lap.

“I know.” Buffy sighed loudly. “Anya’s been riding me now harder than ever.” Buffy rested her head lightly on her husband’s shoulder.

“Really? Can I watch?” Spike joked with smirk, earning a light slap on the chest from her.

“Will! No really…she wants something really good. Something everyone can relate to, and she’s expecting the best from me. Talk about pressure. And: I don’t have a thought in my brain.” Buffy groaned out, tired from the long day at work, and the amazing evening following. And of course what was to come when we get home. She thought to herself. But I’m never too tired for that. A small smirk grew on her face as she lifted her head, and looked over at her husband.

“What?” Spike asked taking a small glance at her.

“Nothing…just looking forward to going home that’s all.” Buffy declared innocently.

“Oh really, and why is that?”

“Because…the house is empty.” Buffy spoke in a sultry, sex kitten voice that made Spike lose his breath.

Neither noticed the bright headlights of the semi-truck, until it rammed into the passenger side of their car. The only sounds were the metal crunching, the high pitch screech of brakes, the thumps of the couple’s car rolling down the steep hill, and the endless droning of the horn.

A/N: I’m sorry guys…I had to add a little angst. It got a little too happy. I’m not exactly a fan for the perfect ‘happily ever after’ ending, so angst is what you get…but please stick around. This is where is starts to get good.