Author's Chapter Notes:
Now I said in the last chapter that I owned Spike...well I do. Ow, Damnit Joss I was kidding...okay he's not mine, but I wish he was, and one day when Joss releases me from this chair I am strapped to he will be!!! Moohahaha. Wait what? I can have him for how much? Are you kidding I don't have that much money! Soooo.....I guess he won't be...*whispers* unless I steal him. hehe. Ow! Jesus Chirst how in the hell did you hear that?? I was whispering! Get me Marti, she's nicer!
--Thank you everyone who sent me a review! they were very much appreciated...so keep 'em comin!!!
here's chapter 3 and 4 for you--


Chapter 3: Looking Back

Buffy was in her room, lying on her stomach on her floor. She flipped through the photo album that she got her mother to put together for her so many years ago. She looked at the cover that read ‘Best Friends Forever’ that she had written in red crayon. The E’s written backwards.

A smile grew on her lips at the sight of her childhood writing. Flipping the page, she saw the first picture was of William standing there, smiling big for the camera as Buffy kissed his cheek. She remembered that was his sixth birthday in her backyard.

Right after that picture was taken, William chased a screaming and giggling Buffy around the house.

* * * * *

William’s Birthday Sixth Party

William stood in front of a giddy Buffy. He looked down at her with narrow eyes.

“Ew, you kissed me!” William made a face.

“I told you I would give you something gross for you’re birthday!” she said chewing soundly on her blueberry flavored bubble gum.

“Well I though, it was gunna be like a toad, or a worm farm.” William replied clearly embarrassed and blushing by Buffy’s gift.

“Eww.” Buffy scrunched up her nose with disgust. Buffy stepped closer. “Here, let me wipe off the cooties.” she said mockingly. She lifted her hand and wiped his cheek…then quickly kissed him again and ran up the stairs, turning around to look down at him and sticking her tongue out at him, giggling as he ran after her again.


* * * * *

Buffy smiled and shook her head at the sweet memories.

Flipping to the next page she saw a bunch of pictures of her and William at the beach, splashing and having chicken fights with Buffy’s parents. That’s when her parents were happy together, of course. Looking back at picture everything fell down so fast that she didn’t even see it wobbling to begin with.

She sighed and continued looking through the book. She didn’t even know that half of these pictures were taken.

Looking at these pictures, she noticed just how close she was to Spike then. That’s when she realized it. Crushing on Spike didn’t just happen recently. She always has, she just didn’t know it. She felt stupid as hell for not realizing it earlier.

Buffy heard a faint knock on the door, and jumped up and turned off her radio before opening it. A big smile grew on her face when she was met with a smirking Spike.

“Hello, luv. Whatcha doin in here all in your lonesome?” Buffy moved out of the way so he could come in and resumed her position on the floor, patting the spot beside her.

“Taking a stroll along memory lane. Come sit.” She flipped the page once again, and giggled with embarrassment, burying her face in her hands. “Oh my God I didn’t even know she took that picture.”

Five year old Buffy and William were sitting in a bathtub full of bubbles in their bathing suits. Buffy had a hand full of bubbles and blew them off her hand at him.

Spike let out a small chuckled and nudged Buffy playfully. “We didn’t get out of that tub until are fingers were pruned. You balled when you’re mom pulled you out.”

“Yeah, and you put up a fit when your dad said you had to go home. And wasn’t that the day you gave me Mr. Gordo?” she looked at him, knowing the answer already but waiting to hear just how much he remembered.

“Yes! I loved that thing to death. But when I saw the way you looked at it-like it was the most fascinating thing you’ve ever seen-I had to give it to you. You still have it?” Buffy jumped up without a word, causing Spike to frown slightly, and then smile when he saw the pink, plush pig.

“I can’t believe you still have it!” Spike jumped up and watched her pick it up from her bed, where it had sat right in between her pillows.

“Are you kidding!? I haven’t been able to part with it.” She hugged it close to her chest. “It reminds me of you. Besides the pictures, this is the only thing of yours that I have.” Spike smiled warmly, and placed a kiss on her forehead.

“I’ll be right back, alright kitten?” He turned and walked out of her room.

Buffy let out the breath she was holding ever since his lips touched her forehead. She smiled widely at the new nickname, and plopped onto her bed.

Shortly after he left, he came back in. Buffy noted he was holding a blue blanket with pink square patches. Her eyes widened when she realized whose it was.

“When I got to England, I started unpacking, and found this.” He extended it out in his arms, showing Buffy the small napping blanket. “My dad must have thought it was mine…although, pink? Not really my color.”

Buffy had tears in her eyes, as she reached out to touch the soft wool fabric. “Oh my God…I brought this over the night before you left.”

* * * * *
Flashback

Once Buffy was sure everyone was asleep, she threw the covers off her legs and quietly got out of bed. Due to the cold Buffy grabbed her blanket and put on her runners before climbing out her window.

She took one last look at her house before she ran three houses down. She looked up at the tree that led to William’s room, that she had climbed millions of times before. Taking a deep breath, she started up, remembering every right step to take.

Once she got to the top, she tapped lightly on the door, waiting for him to open up for her. Finally he got out of the bed, and opened the window, a little surprised to see his friend standing there, her blanket wrapped tightly around her.

“It’s about time. I’m cold.” She stepped into the room and hugged William tightly.

When they pulled back she noticed the tears in his eyes. Buffy’s welled up as well, as she hugged him again.

“What are you doing here, Buffy, you’ll get in trouble.” William whispered walking her back over to his bed.

“I’m running away. I’m going with you…I’ll hide in your suitcase.” Buffy was dead serious, but it seemed to be funny to William.

“You can’t do that, Buffy. You’d never fit.” He claimed laughing.

Buffy sat down beside him, and gave him her best pout. “What am I suppose to do without you? You’re my best friend Will. My life will be boring when you’re gone.”

“It will only be for a year or two…I’ll still be your best friend when I come back, won’t I?” William asked worried that she would find some other bloke to be her best friend.

“Of course you will. We’ll be best friends forever. I promise.”

End Flashback


* * * * *

“So what ever happened to a couple of years, Spike? You should have been back a long time ago…what was the hold up?” Buffy asked sitting on the floor crossed legged, with Spike sitting the same way across from her.

“Oh, um.” Spike wracked his mind for a buyable answer, anything other than the truth. God he hated lying to her. “Dad wanted me to finish school there, said I could come back after graduation.”

“Oh…and here I thought you were just avoiding me.” She replied with a joking tone and smirk.

“I would never do that.” He paused and looked down at the book in front of them. “I guess we need to catch up on some photo taking, hey, pet?” he flipped to the back where there were a bunch of blank pages. “8 years worth of pictures to take.”

“Yeah…new memories to capture. I’m so glad you’re back. I missed to hell out of you. I hope you never leave me again.” She threw herself into his arms, and buried her face in his shoulder.

Spike closed his eyes, letting a lone tear roll down his cheek. He opened them and frowned, letting out a deep sigh.

He didn’t want to leave her either.