Author's Chapter Notes:
So my plan about Marti was a bust. I thought that maybe she'd be easier on me, but you know what? She was tougher than Joss! So i'll be sitting in this chair for a while, holding on to whatever is left of my battered delusions. *cry*
Chapter 4: Take a God Damn Hint!

It’s been two days since Spike arrived at Buffy’s house, and this crush was killing her. She hated that he was living under the same roof as her while she was feeling this way for him.

Not two seconds ago, was it that Buffy was walking out of her room, only to see Spike dripping wet and walking back to his room, towel hung low on his hips.

Her eyes widened and she ran back into the room and slammed the door shut, before he could see her.

She couldn’t do this…if he was going to prance around in nothing but a towel, then she would too. She had a little plan, and it involved pulling out her shortest skirts and skimpiest tops.

An evil grin grew on her lips, as she walked over to her closet. She threw on her short jean skirt that was fraid at the hem. Putting on her, stomach-baring, baby blue tube top, that clung perfectly to her breasts, and other curves. Slipping on her matching baby blue flip-flops, she turned to look at herself in the long mirror.

Buffy quickly fixed her make-up, and combed out her long golden hair. She let it hang on her shoulders, applying a little bit of clear lip-gloss, and giving mirror Buffy a dazzling smile before skipping out of her room and down the stairs.

She noticed Spike sitting on the couch in his black jeans and black beater. She refrained herself from letting out a dreamy sigh at the sight of his well-defined arms.

“Hey, Spike…how’s it goin?” Buffy tried to keep her cool, as she walked around the coffee table in front of the TV; her hip popped to the left, her bare leg stretched to the side.

“Good, just watching some old-fashion telly…until you walked right in front of it.” He flashed her a smirk. “Buffy, I miss you…but you really need to move cause I’m watching the soccer game.” He added as he tried to look around her.

Buffy let out a small huff accompanied with a frown as she crossed her arms and stomped her way, angrily up the stairs.

She went up to her room and threw herself onto her bed, and pouted. Why wasn’t it working?!? She was standing all sexy in front of him, wearing her skimpiest outfit. Argh this is so frustrating! Why was he being so blind? God what an idiot!

Buffy sat up straight, her face lighting up with an idea. It was time for ‘Plan B’, and there was no way in hell this wasn’t going to work.

She picked up her phone and a phone book, and dialed the specific number she was looking for.

After about 20 minutes, the doorbell rang. “Showtime.” Buffy said to herself, as she got off the bed and stood at the top of the stairs. “Spike, could you get that?”

Spike stood up with his eyes still on the game, as he pulled open the door.

“Buffy Summers?” the man at the door said.

“Noooo…who are you?” Spike answered slowly, looking over the guy in front of him.

The man reached for the big bouquet of flowers that he placed on the porch bench. “These were sent to a Buffy Summers…will you sign, sir?” he asked holding out the pen and clipboard to Spike.

Spike was about to take it, when Buffy chose that time to bounce down the stairs and grab the said pen and clipboard. “I’ll sign…I’m Buffy Summers.” She jotted down her signature, and took the bouquet. “Does it say who they were from?” knowing full well the fake name she gave to the guy on the phone.

“From…Josh.” He read the little card shoved in the wrapping. “Lucky guy.” Buffy shot him a smile before the delivery guy turned and walked away.

Buffy closed the door, and walked around Spike, ignoring him completely, as she raised the assorted flowers to her nose, closing her eyes as she inhaled the beautiful scents it gave off.

“So…whose Josh?” Spike frowned at his name…for some reason he didn’t like this.

“This really sweet guy from school.” Buffy walked into the kitchen to put the flowers in a vase.

Spike followed after her, sitting at the island. Buffy had her back turned to him, as she stood by the sink, filling up the vase. “Sounds like a really big ponce if you ask me.” Spike used the word ‘really’ the same way she did.

Buffy let a small smile light up her face. It was working…she knew it! In her head, she did her victory dance (Think of Chandler’s happy dance from ‘Friends’).

“Well, he’s a great guy, and I think it’s sweet when a guy sends you flowers.” She placed the flowers in the vase and put them in the island as she sat down across from him.

“Well, I think it’s just a great big cliché…anyways, looks like Buffy will be dateable after all. This guy better be as good as you say he is; you don’t deserve anything other than the best.” Spike gave her a friendly smile, and then walked back into the living room to finish watching the game.

As soon as he was out of sight, Buffy dropped her head, letting it smack on the tile. Guess it didn’t work out as well as I thought…*mental sigh* I’ll take a little break…then go onto ‘Plan C’. She really hoped that she didn’t get through the whole alphabet until one of her plans worked.

She went back up to her room and called Willow.

“Hello?”

“Wills, I’m in the biggest rut of my life!” Buffy knew she was over exaggerating a little bit, but she wasn’t that far off…this sucked ass!

“What happened? Is everything okay?” Willow sounded concerned, but Buffy didn’t catch on, she was too wrapped up in what she was about to say, to notice.

“No Willow, nothing’s okay!” She started whispering not wanting Spike to hear what she was about to say. “I just realized the massive crush that I have on Spike, and it’s really doing a number on me. I mean he’s walking around dripping wet in a towel, showing off his extremely sexy arms…” she trailed off looking back to earlier that day. She stood up, and peered out her door just to make sure he wasn’t out there. She quickly shut the door and went back to her bed. She continued in a soft whisper. “Then...today, I put on my most skanky, yet, cute outfit, and he was too busy watching Manchester United to even get a good look at me. After that, I called my good friends at ‘Flowers for You’, and sent myself this amazing bouquet of flowers. At first I thought it was working, then he told me: ‘Josh better be as good as you say he is’ and walked away.”

“Josh?” Willow finally spoke on the other line, clearly confused.

Buffy completely ignored her, and continued her rant. “Like what is wrong with him?!” she asked no one in particular with a harsh whisper. “Can’t he take a God damn hint!? And he can’t just walk around here, wearing those tight shirts that cling to his chest, showing off his tight muscles, cause it’s very distracting! Gawd, I nearly pissed my pants went I saw him come out of the shower.”

“Buff-”

“And I don’t even know how long he’s going to be staying here…I don’t know how much I can take, ya know?”

“Buff-”

“What if he doesn’t leave till the end of the summer?” Buffy gasped. “What if he just doesn’t leave? What if I’m stuck watching him and his sexy ass strut around my house all the time, like, until I move out? Oh no…this is-oh no.” Buffy panicked, almost until she hyperventilated as she paced her room nervously. She loved having him around but seeing Spike, with all the feelings she contained for him, was maybe just a wee too much for her to handle.

“BUFFY!” Willow yelled on the other end, cutting her rambles short. “Can you stop with the ‘what ifs’ and listen to me?” Buffy was quiet waiting for her friend to continue. “Maybe you should get him to notice your feelings for him, and not just notice you. Spike has already noticed you…you need to do things to make him see how you feel about him.”

Willow was so right. Buffy and Spike had been friends for years, he already knew her, and he must have noticed her when he first showed up, if not then than at The Bronze.

“You mean…flirt with him shamelessly? I can do that…that’s easy! I’ve been doing that for years and it hasn’t failed once! Thanks Wills, I owe ya!” with that she hung up the phone, and walked down the stairs.

Spike was still sitting on the couch watching the game intensely. Buffy walked around the coffee table and sat next to Spike. She boldly leaned into his side, resting her head on his shoulder. It didn’t seem like a flirting gesture at all, because they had always done this when they were younger, but she loved the feeling she had at that moment.

Spike put his arm around her shoulder keeping her settled there. Buffy relished at the fact she was so close to him. But yet, she was still so far away. She tried to ignore the butterflies in her tummy as she attempted to talk.

“So what’s the score?” Buffy’s voice wavered a bit.

“2-0, Manchester.” Spike kept his eyes on the TV, as he answered.

“Oh…and who are they playing again?”

“Charlton Athletic. And since when are you interested in European football?” he looked down at her and raised an eyebrow.

“What? I watch it all the time…I love it even.” Buffy didn’t know shit about soccer period. So she was completely dumbfounded when he asked his next question.

“So what position does Christiano Ronaldo play?” He knew for a fact that she wouldn’t get it, but he wanted to see what she would say.

Buffy couldn’t say anything. Her mouth opened and closed like a fish, trying to spit out any answer…but she couldn’t.

“Exactly.” She gave him a conquered pout. “Do you know just how adorable you are when you do that?” he shook his head and tapped her nose with his index finger. He turned his eyes back to the game, as Buffy smiled big. Maybe this was working after all. “It’s a Striker.”

“What’s a huh?” utterly confused, Buffy turned her head to look at Spike.

He lightly chuckled. “The position he plays is a Striker…if you’re gunna be ‘a fan’, I though you’d oughta know.” He air quoted.

Buffy let out a silent giggle and went back to watching to game.

* * * * *

Throughout the day, until her mom got home from work, Buffy continued to flirt discreetly. Being bold would only scare him off. She’d flash him dazzling smiles when necessary, and laugh at his jokes. She continued to cuddle with him on the couch while they watched TV, and she’d bare her nicely bronzed legs when she could, without making herself look too obvious.

Spike must have thought that she was just being Buffy, and missing him, because he didn’t precede much on her actions. When he did, she knew it was just him doing the ‘best friend’ thing.

Clearly, ‘Plan C’ wasn’t working out very well. She’d have to move to ‘Plan D’ she had no idea what it was yet, but she would think of something. Spike was hard to crack. She still had to break through that friendship barrier if she wanted this to work…she needed to talk to Willow. She would know exactly what to do. But for now she was going to wait it out for the rest of the day, and enjoy the feeling of being embraced by him.


please review!!!