Author's Chapter Notes:
soooo....after that little talk i had with Joss about being obsessed, i somehow ended up in a white room feeling very dazed. Apparently, according to the doctors i have a disease called "YOUR FUCKING CRAZY AND SHOULD BE COMITTED!" so here i am...fuck i'm soo alone. :(
thanks to all that left me reviews for the last few chapters...you're great!!


Chapter 8: As Long As You Want Me

December 24, 1997 Christmas

10 year old Buffy and Spike, sat around the tree marveling at the sight of the presents that surrounded them.

Both of Buffy’s parents as well as her Grandparents sat on the couch drinking eggnog with William’s dad. The rest of William’s family was in England, so every year, the Summers’ had made it tradition for the two to come over and spend Christmas with them.

Hank watched the two kids, as he spoke to his wife. “Buffy’s not going to like the fact that he’s leaving.” He sipped on his eggnog, and sighed.

“Yes, I know. They’ve grown so close over the passed five years…I can just see the hurt look on her face when we tell her.” Joyce looked over at her husband with pleading eyes. “Do we have to tell her? She’s going to be crushed.” She glanced over at Giles. “When are you leaving again?”

Giles took off his glasses and gave them a good cleaning with the hem of his shirt. “A few days after New Years.” He looked over at his son, as he put the glasses back on his face. “I haven’t told him myself, yet. But it will only be for a couple of years…his grandmother is feeling sickly, and she wishes to spend time with him before she goes. It’ll also give him time to visit his roots…see where he grew up when he was a baby.”

“I’m sorry about your mother.” Hank said with a sympathetic face.

“Oh, not mine…Anne’s. We don’t know what it is yet, but we’re looking into it.” Giles trailed off, feeling a lump form in his throat. Even though Anne had left him, saying she couldn’t go to America with him, where at the time, Giles was offered a great job, he still cared about her and her mother.

“Well, when your two get back, everything can go back to the way they were.” Hank stated as he leaned back in the big chair with a smile.

Grams’ soft giggle stopped Joyce’s agreement. “No…things will be very different. I can feel it.” Buffy’s grandmother, Lena, had a way of knowing things before they happen. It wasn’t a ‘special gift’ that only extraordinary people get. No, she just saw things from a different perspective. She looked deeper than just what was seen to the naked eye. “Have you seen the way those two care for each other? He will come back older, and more mature. And she will see him differently, as will he.” She placed a hand on her son’s leg. “You’re little girl won’t be little forever, darling.” She said with a small chuckle.


* * * * *

A week later, Buffy and Spike walked through the door hand in hand, laughing from their good time together.

The two walked into the kitchen to see Joyce sitting at the island looking through the mail.

“Mom! What are you doing here?” she slowly dropped Spike’s hand, not exactly ready to tell her mother yet, thinking she might find it weird that her daughter was dating the man she thought of as a son.

“Hi, sweetie. We finished up early. Meetings didn’t take as long as I thought. Hello William.” She saw Buffy drop his hand and smiled inwardly. So Lena was right…I’m going to be getting an ‘I told you so’ later.

“Hello, Joyce.” He gave her a nod. “I’m gunna change for tonight…I’ll let you two catch up.” Spike walked back upstairs, giving Buffy a gentle squeeze on the shoulder before leaving the room.

“So, Buffy…what’s tonight?” she raised her eyebrow, knowing full well a date was probably what.

“Oh, um, yeah…Spike and I are going to the Bronze-but we’re meeting people there. It’s not like it’s a, you know a-” Buffy quickly covered. She didn’t know why, but she didn’t want to tell her mom yet, slightly worried about her reaction.

“Honey.” Joyce cut her off, stopping the ramble. “I’m not dim-witted. I know about you and William.” Buffy gave her a confused look. “You think I didn’t notice you holding hands with him when you walked in? You’re Grandmother was so right. Things would be different.” She smiled then looked back down at her mail.

Buffy came around and sat across from her mom. “I really like him mom. I mean after all this time who would have thought…it feels so right, you know? He makes me feel like I’m special, like all there is, is me…and he’s always been like that. And God, did he get hot or what?” she said with a smirk.

Both women shared a laugh. “Mom, what do you mean ‘Grandma Lena was right’?” she looked at her mother curiously. “What did she say?”

“Oh, on the Christmas before William left…she said everything was going to be different when he came back, and you’d see everything in a different light. It’s sweet…I think you to look like a very cute couple.” She answered nonchalantly.

“I think so too.” Spike said reappearing behind Buffy. He wrapped his arms around her shoulders, holding her close to him. Buffy smiled brightly at the feel of him. “Well, Xander and couple of his band buddies are doin ‘open-mic’ tonight and asked me to play with them. We should be headin’ out soon if we want to make it on time.”

Buffy turned around to look up at him with a surprised look on her face. “I didn’t know you were a performer. What do you play?” My boyfriend’s in a band! I’m gunna be such a groupie!

“I’m vocals. Had myself a band while I was in England.” Buffy gave him a brilliant smile before she stood up.

Buffy gave him a soft kiss on the lips and headed upstairs to change. “I’ll be right back.” She called over her shoulder.

* * * * *

Buffy had changed into her tight black leather pants, that hung low on her hips, and her black, backless top, which only had three thin strings holding it in the back. She wore her hair down with her side bangs pulled around and clipped in the back, her golden locks in perfect individual coils.

Spike had on a pair of black jeans, doc martins, a smoky gray button up shirt and his black leather duster to top it all off. They looked hot together when they walked into the Bronze. His arm lightly draped around her shoulder, and her hand weaved with his as it dangled. Her other arm was around his waist, under the duster, and making soothing patterns on his skin with her thumb. It felt so natural to be like this with each other.

They walked towards the stage to see Xander and his band buddies Gunn and Oz, setting up just off side the platform. Xander had called Spike earlier that day recalling the first time they met and told each other about their bands; telling him that their vocalist, Devon, had just bailed and needed someone short notice. Spike willingly agreed.

“Hey mate. Ready to rock the house?” He asked, with an excited smile.

“Yeah, I’m so glad you could show up.” Xander so consumed adjusting the strings on his guitar, tuning it to his liking that he didn’t even look up. “This is Gunn, and Oz…” Xander kept his head down as he nodded in the direction of his friends. They gave Spike a nod and he smiled back. “We go on in five so do whatever you must to prep and oh my merciful Zeus you’re makin out.” he finished off looking up at Spike, who was completely focused on one thing.

“Well that could be what he does to prep.” Oz pointed out, with a straight face.

Spike had his forehead pressed against Buffy’s caressing her cheek as he smiled down at her with intense blue eyes piercing into her soul. Buffy smiled back up at him and kissed him softly, before pulling away.

“Ahem. Ya done?” Xander asked, mocked hurt, by the fact he was just ignored. The two turned to him with shy smiles. “Hey Buff! I’m gunna have to steal you’re new make-out partner for a while. Hope you don’t mind.” He asked with a goofy smile.

“Nope, not at all. Shake the walls guys.” She gave Spike a wink as he walked over to the small group of guys. “Are Willow and Cordy here?” she looked around, over the people crowded on the dance floor.

“Yeah…saw em earlier…right over there.” Gunn pointed out the redhead and brunette that weren’t sitting to far from the dance floor.

“Thanks.” She said before heading over to her friends.

“Soo…” Xander started slowly. “You and the Buffster eh?” He looked over at Spike, who just smiled big and the sound of her name…well part of it. “I saw the get-a-roominess to ya. What happened to ‘We’re just friends mate, nothin more…’” Xander mocked an English accent, that was pretty good, but sounded too stuck up to be Spike’s.

“Things change, whelp. Didn’t notice how much I wanted, and needed her until I saw her with that ponce, Angel or what all.” Spike sighed then smiled. “And it’s more than just a relationship…we’re friends. Best friends…and it’s so easy to be around her. And there’s one thing I know for sure…I love her.”

Xander, Gunn, and Oz’s head all shot up from what they were doing, to listen to where this was going. Spike sighed again, and looked down, kicking at the ground lazily, like a six-year-old child. “I just don’t know how yet.” He replied after a somewhat long pause.

* * * * *

Buffy sat down at the table with her two friends, with the ‘happy woman’ smile on her face. Before Buffy could even say anything, Cordy spoke up.

“You got laid, didn’t you?” Cordy looked at her with a raised brow. Buffy started chuckling at her friend’s reason for her chipper-ness. “Well, at least one of us is.” She mumbled as she turned her head away to look up on stage at the current group.

Her and Willow had just finished talking about their uneventful night. Buffy laughed again. “No… I didn’t ‘get laid’…I’m just happy. Things with Spike and I worked out a lot better than I planned. And a hell of a lot sooner.”

“Yeah…we saw you walk in with him. You looked so adorable together, I thought I was gunna die!” Willow said with slight whine.

The three looked over at Xander, Spike, Gunn and Oz. Buffy stared at her boyfriend utterly infatuated with him. “I wonder what he’s telling them.” Buffy then saw three heads shoot up. She perked up right away. “Oh, oh, oh! What was that? What did he say?” Buffy had a look of worry on her face. She kept her eyes on him as she spoke to her friends. “Wh-what if he’s changing his mind? He couldn’t…he wouldn’t, would he?” Buffy noticed the diminutive action with his foot that he had been doing since he was little. And she knew it all too well. “He only does that when he’s nervous or unsure of something…what is he saying?” she was talking to herself now, but was still heard by her friends.

“Buffy, chill out. I’m sure it’s nothing…look, why don’t you go get yourself a drink and just relax, huh?” Cordy pulled out a five-dollar bill from her purse and handed it to Buffy.

Buffy pouted a little. “But what if it’s not nothing? What if it’s something big? It’d kill me if things broke down now.”

Cordy sighed. “Sweetie… It’s nothing, so stop with the ‘what ifs’ and get that drink.” Buffy snatched the money, and walked to the bar.

When Buffy was out of earshot, Willow expressed her thoughts. “Do you really thing that? That it’s nothing?”

“Oh no. It’s something. It’s a big something…just not the something she thinks it is.” Cordy let a small smile pull at her lips.

“Hey…welcome to Open Mic Night!” a loud male voice sounded through the microphone at the front of the stage, and the crowd cheered and clapped. “We got an old group with a new member…please give it up for ‘Blood Lust’.” The crowd clapped and cheered.

Buffy rushed back to the table in time to see Spike and the band walk onto the stage. As soon as he got in front of the mic, he gave Buffy a wink and a smirk. She blushed, while other ladies glanced at her with a look that said ‘you lucky bitch’.

Gunn went and sat behind the drum set, while Xander and Oz walked out with their electric guitars.

The soft music started up as Spike waited for the queue.

I could stay awake just to hear you breathing
Watch you smile while you are sleeping
While you're far away dreaming
I could spend my life in this sweet surrender
I could stay lost in this moment forever
Every moment spent with you is a moment I treasure

Don't want to close my eyes
I don't want to fall asleep
Cause I'd miss you baby
And I don't want to miss a thing
Cause even when I dream of you
The sweetest dream will never do
I'd still miss you baby
And I don't want to miss a thing

Lying close to you feeling your heart beating
And I'm wondering what you're dreaming
Wondering if it's me you're seeing
Then I kiss your eyes
And thank God we're together
I just want to stay with you in this moment forever
Forever and ever


Buffy sat at the table in complete awe at his voice. She had never heard him sing before, and he was amazing. It was sexy and raspy…and it was totally turning her on. The thing that made her favorite song even better than the fact that he was singing it was…he was staring at her the whole time.

Don't want to close my eyes
I don't want to fall asleep
Cause I'd miss you baby
And I don't want to miss a thing
Cause even when I dream of you
The sweetest dream will never do
I'd still miss you baby
And I don't want to miss a thing

I don't want to miss one smile
I don't want to miss one kiss
I just want to be with you
Right here with you, just like this
I just want to hold you close
Feel your heart so close to mine
And just stay here in this moment
For all the rest of time

yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, YEEEEEEAAH!


Xander and Oz did the back up for him…

Don't want to close my eyes
I don't want to fall asleep
Cause I'd miss you baby
And I don't want to miss a thing
Cause even when I dream of you
The sweetest dream will never do
I'd still miss you baby
And I don't want to miss a thing

Don't want to close my eyes
I don't want to fall asleep
I don't want to miss a thing


As the music died out, Buffy had one thing going through her head. I am damn lucky! She watched as the crowd clapped loudly, obviously favoring Spike over the last singer. Could ya blame him…he was a great singer, hot…and all hers.

Spike jumped off the stage and walked over to Buffy. Buffy got up and met him halfway.

Buffy swung her arms around his neck as he snaked his around her waist. She brought him down to her, kissing him with all the emotion that was running through her. She had tears in her eyes, with happiness, and didn’t care if the whole world knew it.

Finally pulling out of the kiss, Spike looked down at her, amazed by the sudden passion-filled kiss. It was intense…powerful.

“Hey baby…” Spike said tucking a lock of hair behind her ear. “Did you like it?” he was slightly out of breath, but didn’t care. He could kiss her until he ran out of breath completely, and then some.

“I loved it. I didn’t know you could sing like that.” She let her hands rest on his chest, drawing little circles on the silky like fabric.

Spike wrapped her up in his arms, holding her close to him, inhaling the beautiful lavender scent of her hair. “God, I could hold you like this forever.” Spike whispered in her ear, then placed a tender kiss on her temple.

Buffy looked up at him with a smile. “You can…I’m here, and I’m with you. For as long as you want me.” He smiled, bent down to capture her lips with his in a searing kiss.


please review!!!