Author's Chapter Notes:
They aren't mine. None of the characters from Angel or Buffy belong to me...excpet for Spike...he's mine damnit!
Chapter 2: It’s You

Walking into the Bronze later that night, Buffy searched the crowd for her friends. She smiled when she spotted them, and grabbed his hand.

“Come on. I found them.” She told Spike over the music.

Spike looked around at they other teens in the club, drinking, dancing and chatting with their friends. Usually he would be uncomfortable being in a place he wasn’t that familiar with. It was probably the fact that his best friend was there, holding his hand. He had always felt safe around her. She soothed him in a way no one else could.

She dragged him through the throng of people to a table with two girls and one guy.

“Hey guys! What’s the what?” she asked brightly, still holding Spike’s hand.

“Not much, Buff…who’s the hottie?” Cordelia eyed Spike, looking him up and down with a seductive brow raised.

Xander and Willow just looked at her expectantly.

“Oh! Everyone, this is Spike…my best friend since I was…what 5?” she looked up at Spike questionably.

“Yeah that sounds about right, pet.” He said smiling down at her.

Everyone exchanged his or her ‘hellos’ to him and he reciprocated.

Cordelia rested her chin on her fist, and looked at him as she spoke to Buffy. “Is he…free?” she flashed a sexy smile at him.

Spike was about to respond when, Buffy cut in. “Not really.” She replied flashing a small smile to her friend.

Spike looked down at her with furrowed brows, but didn’t question her. Buffy sat down next to Willow in the booth and Spike sat next to her.

“Well in that case…” she asked pulling Xander up out of the booth and onto the dance floor.

Once the crowd swallowed them, Willow spoke up.

“So…you two are…together?” she asked with a smile.

“Um, no.” Buffy answered nervously.

“Well why’d ya tell Cordy that you were?” she responded with wide eyes.

“Yeah, pet, what was that all about?”

Buffy looked at the two people staring at her. “Whoa, why am I getting the third degree here?” she sighed when the two noticed that she was trying to change the subject. “Willow you know Cordy. She’s a major heartbreaker! You saw what she did to Larry…he turned gay because of her!” she said the last part a little to loud, and started blushing when a few people looked over at her. She turned to Spike and continued. “I just didn’t want her to gut you. Trust me, I’m helping you out.” That was part of the reason she didn’t want him and Cordelia hooking up, but the other part was…jealous? She shook it off.

Spike didn’t say anything, but silently thanked her with a smile.

Changing the subject Buffy looked over at Willow. “So Wills…see any cuties? Other than the one sitting across from you.” She said with a sweet smile.

Willow let out a small giggle. “Other than that one nope, not yet.”

Whispered into Buffy’s ear but loud enough for Willow to hear. “Red thinks I’m cute.” A smirk graced his lips.

Buffy and Willow couldn’t hold in their laughter for very long. Buffy laughed so hard her eyes started to water. Once she calmed down she put a hand on his arm.

“Spike…Willow plays for the other team. The ‘cutie’ across from her, is me.” she pointed to herself proudly, and chuckled at the embarrassed look he had on his face.

“You got some new competition in this town, Spikey!!” Willow chirped with a wide smile.

“Oh yeah. She can be very persuasive! She’s got women from left, right and center. You might just have a hard time findin’ one here.” She said jokingly.

“Really now…you saying that I can’t be persuasive? You haven’t seen me in a while, pet. I can be extremely persuasive.” He pronounced the last word slowly and seductively, right by her ear.

Buffy could feel his warm breath on her ear, and neck. A tingle shot through her body, making the little hairs on her neck to stand up. Oh God, Buffy. Stop…this is Spike…William, your best friend. No more tingles. Wow, that was really hot! Damn it! Buffy restrained herself from smacking her palm to her forehead. She shook away the feelings, and tried to ignore his comment.

Willow noticed the look on both of their faces at that moment. She could so tell that Buffy was getting hair-stand-up-y, by the small action. She smiled to herself knowing that somethin’ was a-brewin’.

A slow song came on and Willow jumped up from her seat. “Ooh. Slow song…I’m gunna find myself a girlie!” she walked over to the bar, leaving the two alone and hoping they made there way to the dance floor.

There's always something
In the way


Buffy stood up and grabbed Spike’s hand. She had no idea when she had made that decision, of even why she made it. “Dance with me?” she asked with hopefully eyes.

“Of course, luv.” He walked her onto the dance floor, putting his arms around her waist, holding her close to him. For some reason it just felt so natural. Like they’ve been doing this for years.

She wrapped her arms around his neck and rested her head on his chest.

There's always something
Getting through
But it's not me
it's you


She missed these moments, when he would just hold her. Of course, when they were younger, it was way different. She didn’t get a bunch of butterflies then.

Sometimes ignorance
Rings true
But hope is not in
What I know
Not in me
It's in you

It's all I know


Buffy looked up at Spike and was instantly comforted by his soft eyes. She remembered those blue eyes so well. They spoke volumes. She knew now why she didn’t want Cordy all over Spike. It was because she wanted to be all over Spike. I have a crush on my best friend? No…this is no good. Nothing good will come of it. She pushed her thoughts away and just enjoyed the moment while it lasted.

And I find peace
When I'm confused
I find hope when
I'm let down
Not in me
But in you
In you


Buffy could feel him making small circles with his thumb on her lower back. She let out a content sigh, and snuggled into his shoulder, feeling his tight muscles under her.

Spike was so happy that he was back. Seeing Buffy was the highlight of the last 8 years. Seeing the look on her face when she opened the door. He missed it. He missed her. He knew it was going to be hard to explain some of the things that happened while he was in England, but that could wait. He rested his cheek on the top of her head, planted a lazy kiss there.

Buffy let the music wash over her, and she wondered what things would be like if she and him were together.

She thought back to earlier that day, before they went to the club. Her mom went out and they had the whole place to themselves. They ordered a pizza, (Italian sausage with extra cheese…their favorite) and watched a movie, all cuddled together. She thought when they saw each other again they would have to start over. Get use to each other again. But they just picked up where they left off, if not, way farther ahead.

I hope to lose myself
For good
I hope to find it in the end
Not in me
It's you
It's all I know


When the song ended they stood there for a moment looking at each other, before walking back to the booth. Oh dear, I’m in a wee bit of trouble. Buffy thought.

please review!!!