Previously on BtVS: Buffy is living in London at the Slayer Academy. Whilst on a trainee Slayer field trip she comes across Spike in a demon bar. One broken nose and a few snarky comments later, the Vampire finds himself again under the original slayer’s spell, this time without the hocus pocus.
Wanting to give his girl the courtship she deserves Spike gathers all his self control, leaving her to go to her bed alone and limiting their contact to nothing more than a kiss. (All be it with the rising music and the… rising music.) Buffy reluctantly lets him go, using the time to deal with her true loves return and the knowledge that her first love Angel died in the final battle.
Unbeknown to them both, is seems their renewed connection has also channelled the demon Angelus who has taken up residence in Spike’s subconscious.
Angelus is weak and confused, biding his time… for the moment.

***********************************************************************************************************************

They walked back to the manor hand in hand, comfortable in the silence. Buffy didn’t know if it was the champagne or the sheer intoxication of being so close to him. For once there wasn’t an impending danger to worry about, only the adventure that was Spike.
They reached the gate all too soon.

“Your stop luv.” He said softly, lifting her hand to his lips and gently kissing the inside of her wrist. The beat of her pulse resounding through his senses.
Buffy hesitated. He surely wasn’t going to leave her again!

“It doesn’t have to be?” Her green eyes searching his face for some confirmation that he was getting the hint.
He tilted his head to one side gazing at her. Not for the first time, he considered how lucky he was not to have breath. When she looked like that she would just take it clean away. “Time all good slayers got their beauty sleep.”

She frowned for a moment. “Are you saying I need it?”
Spike rolled his eyes. “I am not even going to justify that with a comment slayer.”

Buffy giggled, that was definitely the champagne.
“You can’t just walk out on me again…” She ran her free hand lightly down his chest. “How about you come and tuck me in?”

Spike stiffened, in more than one area. This wasn’t fair; he was trying to be a gentleman. Wasn’t it temptation enough without her looking at him like… that?”

He attempted to let go of her hand, but she held it fast, pulling him closer. “Don’t you want to?” It was almost an innocent question.

Wrenching his hand free he stepped back. “Of course but…”

She looked almost hurt at his retreat. It was enough to break his non beating heart, but, for her he would make this special. Those others, Angel, Parker, Riley, they had never taken the time to appreciate her, worship her, love her. She needed to learn that she deserved all those things. He wanted her to experience the joy of courtship.

She stood the familiar stance, hands on hips ready for a confrontation.

“You don’t want to be with me?” The accusation, even a slightly squiffy Buffy presented a formidable figure.
He ran his hand through his hair. “Of course I do.”

She took a moment to process the information. She looked up into his face and pouted. “Do you still love me?”

That was all it took. He crossed the distance between them taking her face in his hands. “You know I will always love you!”

Her hands explored the contours of his chest sending shivers down his spine. She suppressed a giggle as she sensed his desire. Still keeping contact she moved around him, allowing her fingers to trace gently patterns across his chest, around his back and then back across his stomach resting just above the line of his belt. She stroked the skin under the buckle sending visible shivers through his body.

“Are you saying that you don’t want to spend the night with me?” There was a barely perceived flutter of her eyelashes as her warm hands explored his waistline.
“No.” He said with difficulty, the words catching in his throat. He could smell her desire, feel the heat coming off her. Inside was an internal debate. The lust he felt screaming for release, his inner William equalled in his desire to make her feel special. He had so much that he needed to make right. He had to prove that he had self control. He never wanted her to feel that the night in the bathroom would happen again. That hateful night when he lost control.

Her body was pressed close to him, her hands exploring the contours of his back. She ran her nose along the curve of his neck, her breath allowing even more blood to flow south.

“Buffy… don’t… please…”
It was almost a whimper. She had him completely entranced and she knew it. He was welded to the spot and she rubbed herself up against him.

“Why not?” The innocence was almost painful. Didn’t the chit realise what she was doing to him?
Will all the strength he could manage he grabbed her shoulders and pushed her away. His body instantly mourning the loss of contact.

“Buffy!”

“Spike!”

He rubbed his hands through his hair. “I am trying to do something here and you are really not helping!”
She crossed her arms. “What are you trying to do?”

“Making you happy?”

She giggled, instantly relaxing. “I don’t recall you having any problem making me happy before?”

He sighed, exasperated. It was all the incentive she needed. Moving into his arms she wrapped herself around him. Turning her face up to his she whispered. “I want to be with you, you want to be with me. I fail to see the problem.”

“It’s the alcohol talking.” His voice was hoarse.

“Do you really think that?” His silence was worrying.
Buffy reached up and stroked his face, forcing him to look at her.
“It is almost as though you don’t believe it?” Her fingers had found their way under his tee shirt. To Spike it felt as though an electric current was being passed through his skin.

Her lips brushed against his neck, finding their way up to his ear, her hot tongue exploring.
Suddenly any sense of the Victorian gentleman disintegrated. All he could think of was her smell, her taste, how much he wanted her.
Grabbing her around the waist he pushed her backwards. Instinctively she lifted herself, her legs wrapped around his waist and his lips pressed into hers. All the suppressed passion exploding in the desire of his kiss.

Suddenly all semblance of control was gone, he wanted her and he wanted her now. The pulse of her blood stampeded through his own veins.
His lips left her mouth. He could almost taste her increased desire having pushed him over the edge. How she must trust him? Moving down her neck, he kissed and nibbled at the skin. The taste of her, apricots and sunshine, they intoxicated.
His demon roared. The demon within the demon roared. Angelus tingled. This was his blood. Suddenly he knew what had brought him back. He, Angel, had fed from the slayer. The slayer was connected to his childe.

Buffy felt herself washed away on a tide of his passion. This was the Spike she knew, the one that couldn’t deny her.

The blood pumped under her skin. Spike could feel it. It made him want to scream.
Then there was a new voice. Unexpected and unwelcome. It was listening to the blood. It was listening and responding.
Spikes lips hesitated over Buffy’s vein. The passion burning within him. All his demon senses screamed, Bite, Bite, rip out her throat!

With shock he threw Buffy away from him.
“I have to go!” He said before striding off into the night.