Previously on BtVS: Buffy is living in London at the Slayer Academy. Whilst on a trainee Slayer field trip she comes across Spike in a demon bar. One broken nose and a few snarky comments later, the Vampire finds himself again under the original slayer’s spell, this time without the hocus pocus.

Spike tries to control the demon within. Buffy tracks him down, when he eventually explains to her why he ran, she takes him back to the manor to keep him contained while they work on a solution.




Spike groaned. Vampire healing or not this was the mother of all hangovers.
Deciding that vertical was overrated, he lay back on the simple cot bed.

He’d explained to Buffy what had been happening. The flashes, the urge to feed, and with reluctance, the reason he had needed to be far, far away from her on the night of their dinner.

Her eyes had opened wide at that, her shock had nearly made him bolt for the door then and there in shame and disgust

But, he had to get this sorted out. He couldn’t stay drunk for the rest of his life, tempting as that may be. If something was screwing with him, then it needed its arse kicked. That, the slayer was good at.

Once the sense of direction had returned to his legs she had insisted on bringing him back to the manor house. They had a cage in the basement that could keep him ‘contained’ until a solution could be found.

Unfortunately it meant contact with the other remaining Scoobies.

Giles stood next to Buffy cleaning his glasses vigorously. “So let me get this straight. Spike is alive and suddenly appeared out of nowhere, which you failed to mention. He now has the urge to feed again and you thought it best to bring him here?”

Buffy, her arms folded across her chest, nodded in agreement.

“Here, where there are lots of young, inexperienced girls that he could potentially feed on?”

“Here where there are lots of strong slayers and a big solid looking cage. Explain to me why we have the cage if we never put anyone in it?”

Giles ignored the question. “And we have no idea what or who is antagonising the inner Spike? Spike! This is to do with you!”

Spike just groaned in reply.

“He tried to drown it… in whiskey.”

“Yes, I think we can all smell that Buffy thank you.” Giles was prim. He went back to cleaning his glasses. “Well since we have him here as a *guest* I suggest we hit the books and try and see what or who has the power to possess someone already possessed. And you Spike, I suggest you just do what you’re do…”

He was broken off mid sentence as a Dawn shaped whirlwind stormed into the basement.

“Spike!” She squealed.

Everyone winced, Spike even more so. Vampire hearing and girlie teenage squawking were a very bad combination. He struggled to sit upright.

“Niblet.”

She strode into the cage and stood over the still seated Spike. There seemed to be a whole range of emotions dancing over her features from absolute delight to complete fury.

Unable to articulate for the moment, she shot her foot out and kicked him hard in the shin.

“Ow!” He yelled rubbing the offending leg.

Buffy smirked. “I should have warned you, she has this kicking thing.”

In the next second Dawn threw her arms around the Vampires neck. Hugging him so hard that he was grateful that he couldn’t breathe.

“I am so happy to see you!” She squeaked.

“I could tell!” He unravelled himself from her vicelike grip, and rubbed his leg again.

“That was for not telling me you were back. How could you not be dead and not mention something like that! I thought you would have at least told Buffy!”

Dawn glanced at her sister then back to the vampire. The momentary guilt that flashed across both their faces didn’t go unnoticed.

She pushed herself away from Spike. Glaring at her sister angrily she growled. “You knew didn’t you? You knew and you didn’t tell me. What was it? Did you want him all to yourself? I liked him before you did! You hated him!”

Buffy dodged a kick that had been aimed at her own shin. She looked to Spike for support. He was just staring back at her in his own puzzlement.

“You didn’t tell nibblet?”

She narrowed her eyes at him. ‘Thanks for that!’ She thought.

“No Dawnie, and there is a good reason for that which we will discuss later. Right now Spike needs our help.”

Giles placed his hand under the younger Summers girls’ elbow. “Come on Dawn, we have some research to do. You can kick Buffy later when she isn’t looking!”

Left alone, Spike decided to go back to lying down.

“You going to be Ok down here?” There was a concern in her voice that he found touching.

“Yeah. Big strong bars, I should be safe as houses.”

Buffy sat down next to him on the cot. Taking her hand in his she caressed his fingers, entwining them with her own.

“We will solve this. Then do you think we might…”

“Let’s just get this done first, eh pet? I don’t mind being love’s bitch so much but I’m not prepared to be anyone else’s.”

************************************************************************************************************************

Deep within Spike Angelus stirred. He had been sleeping. Spike’s distance from the slayer had cut off Angelus’s source of power. But now, she had been close by for some time. The heat from her was enough to send delicious pulses through his being.

She was touching his childe, their hands clasped together. Angelus drew the strength to him. He could almost taste the power, the heat.

The beat of her pulse soared as she leant forward and wrapped her arms around Spike who returned her embrace, clinging to her as though his life depended on it.

Angelus almost screamed with delight, this is what he needed; the slayer was the key to his taking over this body for good.

Just touching Buffy had made Spike tingle. The smell of her hair, the softness of her skin. And such skin. He imagined her naked and that was enough to send his blood rushing south.

Angelus howled with pleasure.

He shifted slightly to try and take the pressure of the hardness that was pressing against the zip of his jeans.

Buffy notice his movement and smiled. “You really do pick your moments, now you want to play!” She kissed him before laying her head back down on his chest.

The demon was screaming inside him. Spike could feel the need rising, the blood lust pulsed through his veins.

Involuntarily he slipped into game face. He could feel Buffy’s heart her pulse and he wanted to… No! He had to resist!

Angelus was demanding attention, screaming for Spike to take the girl, claim the slayer!

With supreme effort, Spike forced his face back into the human. Gently but firmly he pushed Buffy away from him., forcing them both to their feet.

“I think you need to leave.” He said hoarsely.

“Did it happen again?” Her eyes were wide with concern.

Spikes head twitched sideways as his game face flashed for just a moment before returning to human. He struggled to speak.

“It’s happening now and I need you to get out and lock the bloody door!”

She scrambled backwards slamming the door shut behind her as he changed fully into game face.

Her fingers fumbled with the key, the lock slipping into place just as he lunged, smashing into the bars.

He shook the door as she backed away trembling.

“I know you want me...” He growled. “I can smell it, your desire…” He breathed deep. “, you reek of it!”

“No!” She whispered, horrified at the slavering beast in front of her.

“Come on Buff…” He wheedled “Open the door. We both know you want to!”

The realisation hit her as if she had been physically slapped. “Angelus!”