Previously on BtVS: Buffy is living in London at the Slayer Academy. Whilst on a trainee Slayer field trip she comes across Spike in a demon bar. One broken nose and a few snarky comments later, the Vampire finds himself again under the original slayer’s spell, this time without the hocus pocus.

Spike tries to control the demon within. Buffy tracks him down, when he eventually explains to her why he ran, she takes him back to the manor to keep him contained while they work on a solution. Her presence causes the inner Angelus to take control, leaving Buffy to barely escape with her life!

Spike is safe enough until a jealous Kennedy decides to let Angelus loose.

******************************************************************************************************************************************************

Buffy smiled in her sleep. It was the dream she had almost every night while he was gone. But now it had a much happier ending. Spike was home, ok he wasn’t in her bed where he should be, but the same dimension was a good start.

Never had it been quite this vivid. She could feel his cool arms around her. His strong hands stroking her shoulder, moving down her arm to her fingers. Feather light touches played across her stomach to her hip making her shiver with longing. Small circles were being drawn over her hip bone, tickling, before his fingers moved down her thigh. It amazed her that he had such a gentle touch for someone so strong.

It felt just like the last few nights they had spent together. His body pressed behind her, his arms around her making her feel safe and loved. She snuggled backwards, happy in her half asleep state.

Suddenly her eyes snapped open. This was no dream, he was really there.

“Spike?” She whispered. He answered by kissing her ear, sucking gently on the lobe. She squirmed as it tickled.

“What are you doing up here? You shouldn’t be… Oh!” The fingers on her thigh became more insistent. She froze as they moved higher up her leg. Tantalisingly slowly he made tiny stroking movements as his hand crept upwards. Her soft skin tingled.

“Spike, No, it can’t be safe to…” He had reached the bottom of her sleep shorts. One long finger worming its way upwards under the material. She felt herself dampen at the thought of what he could do to her. The kisses on her neck were becoming more insistent, more urgent, his erection pressing hard into her behind.

She tried to turn but his other arm held her tight, the hand forcing its way down the front of her pyjama top, grabbing her breast roughly.

“Ow, let me go!” She tried to move again. The hand on her thigh was trying to force its way between her legs. She struggled against him.

“What’s the matter?” The dark voice growled in her ear.

Her voice quivering, Buffy knew the answer to the question even before it had left her lips. “Spike?”

“Guess again Buff.”

With a swift movement, she freed her arm and elbowed him in the face. He flinched for a moment allowing her to roll from the bed.

“How the hell did you get free?” She spat, disgusted that he had touched her, even if he was wearing Spike’s body.
He knelt on the bed, blocking her escape to the door. “Not please to see me? This is what you wanted though isn’t it? Lover boy back in your bed. I thought you might like a little comfort and I know it’s been a while since we…”

“We… we never had or did anything. It’s Spike I wanted not you!”

“Wasn’t always the case though now was it. You played our boy pretty good. He was the substitute for me not the other way around remember. You said yourself, only one vampire ever got you hot, can’t help taking a little pride in it being me.”

Buffy tried not to look at him. It was for all appearances Spike, but it wasn’t. Everything about him was wrong. The mannerisms, even the leer, they were a facsimile, and those eyes. Even at his most deranged, Spikes eyes had never looked so cruel.

“C’mon Buff, one more roll around the sack for old times sake?”

“It was never you. Angel, for a while, but never you.”

“Hey, it was me you woke up with baby, remember? Oh what a night that was.”

He got up and began to walk around the bed, cornering her. Buffy picked up the stake from the bedside table.

Angelus laughed. “You think you’re going to dust me? While I’m wearing this body?”

“I killed you once Angelus, I am damned sure I can do it again.”

“Ah but that was different wasn’t it girlie. That was Angel. Look into these eyes and tell me that you’ll dust me. You do that, you’ll lose him forever.” He was advancing on her. Buffy hesitated. He was right, there was no way she could drive a stake into that chest, it would have been easier to drive it into her own.

His had shot out and pinned the wrist with the stake to the wall. “Thought not. You’re getting soft in your old age.”

Raising her other hand, Buffy punched Angelus in the face causing him to move backwards. She managed two kicks to his stomach, then a third spinning kick to the face causing him to reel backwards into her dresser. “Did that feel like I’m getting soft?”

Angelus got up. He laughed as he wiped the blood from Spike’s mouth. “Now we’re talking. From what I understand from his memories, this is the equivalent of foreplay for you two. This make you get all damp for Spikey? I know it’s doing the trick for me.”

She aimed a punch at his face which he ducked; grabbing Buffy by the hair he pulled her forwards, slamming her body into the wardrobe. She let out a groan of pain.
“This how he did it? I see it all. I see what you put him through, you bitch. But he’s too much of a pussy to do anything about it. He just keeps running back and taking every piece of crap that you throw at him.” Angelus tapped a finger against Spike’s temple. “I see it all, his thoughts of you. You weren’t very nice!”

Buffy got to her feet. She threw three punches, all of which Angelus blocked. “If you have access to Spike’s mind then you also know that he loves me and I love him!” She said breathlessly.

Angelus laughed. “Love? You think what you have is love? What you have is a lap dog that you like to kick when things aren’t going so well for poor little Buffy!”

Buffy pounded her fist into his face. “You…” And the other fist. “Don’t…” And again. “Know…” And again. “Anything…” And again. “About it!”

Angelus slumped against the wall.

The door opened. “Buffy, we heard noises are you all right?” Willow looked from the panting Buffy to the heap that looked like Spike. “What happened?”

“It’s not Spike. It’s Angelus, somehow he got out and came looking for a reunion.”

Giles’s head appeared around the door frame. Good God! How could he possibly have escaped?”

Buffy had her back to the vampire. “I don’t know, but we should get him back to the cage…”

She was cut off as Angelus sprung from the floor and grabbed her from behind. “Not until I’ve got what I came for girlie.” He growled in her ear. He moved into game face. Buffy cried out as the fangs sunk deep into her neck. She was aware of the commotion around her as she slowly lapsed into unconsciousness.

******************************************************************************************************************************************************

The darkness twirled around her. She found herself in a room. There in one corner was Spike. He was naked to the waist. Around his arms were thick heavy chains. She could see him struggling to free himself.

“Spike!” She called out.

Wild eyes turned to meet hers. “Buffy!” She could feel the anguish as he fought against his shackles.

“Help me Spike!”

With supreme effort he wrenched against the bonds. She could hear the groaning of the metal. His muscles straining as he pulled himself forwards. With a scream of pain he pulled harder, the links began to stretch. Buffy tried to step forward to help him, but she was rooted to the spot.

With a final roar, Spike freed his left arm and leg. “Get away from here! I don’t know how long I can hold it!”

Buffy felt herself floating back into her body. The teeth were being withdrawn and Spike was backing away. Her blood still fresh on his mouth. His eyes were wild as he tried to keep his sire at bay.

“Get away!” He screamed, before her foot connected with his jaw, knocking him into his own unconsciousness.

******************************************************************************************************************************************************

With Buffy at his head and Giles at his feet they carried the unconscious Spike down to the basement. Buffy stumbled a moment on the stairs.

“Are you ok, Buffy, you’ve lost some blood?” Giles tried to re adjust Spikes feet.

“I’m fine; we just need to get him caged before he wakes up. And find out how the hell he got out.”

Willow opened the door to the basement as the other two struggled down with their burden. She gasped as she saw Kennedy just starting to sit up in the cage.

“Sweetie, what happened? Did he trick you into letting him out?”

Kennedy rubbed her neck, with a sideways look at Buffy she went to her girlfriend’s arms. “He tricked me, yes, of course.”

Giles and Buffy dumped the unconscious Spike into the cage, making sure that the door was firmly locked. “I think I’ll hold on to this key.” Buffy said with a pointed look at Kennedy.

Giles tried to touch Buffy’s neck. “You should get that looked at.”

“Later. I want to be here when one of them wakes up.”

“Well I know someone who needs a big hug and some hot chocolate.” Willow, still with her arm around Kennedy steered her towards the door.



Buffy waited until they had left. “He was a prisoner Giles.”

“I know but you can’t possibly think Kennedy…?”

“I don’t mean here, I mean in his mind. I don’t know, while he was biting me, I was there. I saw Spike. He was chained up in his own mind. We have to save him.”

The prone figure on the bed began to stir. He sat up rubbing his chin. “Save him?” That same derisive Angelus tone. The icy blue eyes raised up to meet hers. “Save him, with your blood you’ve destroyed him.”

Buffy looked at Giles uncertainly then back to the monster in the cage. “Don’t you get it?” He taunted. “It was your blood I needed. We had a bond when I was Angel, now you and this body have completed the circle.”

“Crow while you can Angelus, but this isn’t over!”

He laughed and lay back on the cot. “You don’t think so? I drank from you.”
He turned his head so that he could catch her in that cold gaze. “Spikey doesn’t live here any more.”