Author's Chapter Notes:
sorry for such a long wait...i dont want to make any excuses but i've just hada really really bad case of writer's block for all my stories i'm trying to get back into it now
Chapter 12: Dreams

The sound of laughter made the hairs on the back of his neck stand up. He knew who it was and he really wasn’t in the mood. “You…” the laughter continued. “You are such a poor excuse for a vampire.” Katya showed herself from behind the cement wall of the mansion. “You had two chances Angelus…and you failed. You made a fool of yourself and now the whole demon world things your pathetic.” Katya came around and sat on Angelus’ lap like the child she looked like. “How does it feel?” she whispered.

In a fit of rage, the male vampire pushed her off him and onto the floor. But this didn’t deter her any; she started giggling as she stood up, brushing off her little blue dress. “Not so good, I guess. Oh come on you big baby…this isn’t doing anything to help.” She claimed pointing at him. “You…sitting here in this empty house brooding and drinking yourself into oblivion; why don’t you try again?”

“Because…” he grumbled. “That soulful childe of mine is making this harder than I thought.” He took a chug of his beer.

The girl looked at him in disbelief. “Sooo…what your saying is, you’re going to let some peroxide headed vampire stop you from killing the Slayer? Are you fucking joking me?!” Katya stepped towards him menacingly. “You’re fucking Angelus! I came to you because I knew that you were the only one that could do this! Are you telling me that you’re just gonna give up…let her that vampire with a soul win!?”

Angelus raised his eyes up to her in a glare. Standing up, he took one last chug of his beer, finishing it off then threw it at the far wall watching the shards of glass shoot in different directions like a splash of water. “What do you want me to do Katya?! I’m not gonna keep trying when Spike’s there to fuck up my whole plan.” He shouted towering over the little girl.

She wasn’t affected by it at all. She smiled. “Then we go after her when Spike is distracted by something else. We’ll get her at her most vulnerable moment.” The male vampire gave her a quizzical look. “My God! Have you completely lost your will for evil?! Stop looking so pensive…now come on, there’s a lot to prepare for.” Katya grabbed Angelus by the arm and pulled him out of the mansion.

* * * * *

His large hands ran slowly down Buffy’s arm, and made a trail down her torso, and thigh. He placed sweet, soft kisses along her neck and shoulders, and Buffy closed her eyes in delight. He was being so gentle with her she couldn’t stand it.

They slowly rocked together, moving at a torturing, and unhurried pace. She remembered falling asleep in his arms, engulfed in his embrace. What she didn’t remember was waking up the same way. Buffy sat up, clutching the sheet to her chest and called out his name…nothing. He walked back into the room and she called to him again.

“Hey.” He replied not even looking at her.

“Where did you go?” she asked as she climbed out of bed with the sheet wrapped around her frame.

“Been around.” He replied pulling a shirt over his bare chest.

“Oh…” Buffy said softly. “I was freaking out, you just…disappeared.” Worry still in her voice.

“What? I took off.” He shrugged.

“But you didn’t say anything, you just left.” She exclaimed her voice raised an octave.

“Yeah like I really wanted to stick around after that.” he chuckled to himself.

“What?” a frown marred her beautiful face, and her throat got tight.

“You’ve got a lot to learn about men, kiddo. Although, I guess you proved that last night.” The man buckled up his pants as he strode towards the blonde.

Buffy’s eyes started to water up, as she started to realize what was happening. But she needed to know. “What are you saying?” her lower lip quivered.

“Lets not make an issue of it.” The man grabbed his leather coat and fluidly threw it over his shoulders. “It fact let’s not talk about it at all. It happened.” He continued to move around the room gathering little things that he needed and putting them in his pockets. He grabbed his silver rings off the counter and slipped them on the right fingers.

Buffy felt her heart clench. “I-I don’t understand. Was it m-me? Was I not good?” her voice cracked in pain.

The man got near her and leaned in close with a cold smile. “You were great. Really. I thought you were a pro.” He said condescendingly.

She shook her head in disbelief. “How can you say this to me?”

The man before her looked annoyed at her comment. “Lighten up.” He took a step back. “It was a good time. Doesn’t mean we have to make it a big deal.” He said nonchalantly.

Buffy’s eyes widened. “But it is a big deal!” she exclaimed.

He laughed. “It’s what? Bells ringing, fireworks, a dulcet choir of pretty little birdies? Come on Buffy.” He stepped closer to her again and reached up to touch her face. “It’s not like I’ve never been there before.” And that cold smile was back.

Buffy backed away in horror. “Don’t touch me.”

He dropped his hand and started to back away. Shaking a finger at her. “I should have known you wouldn’t be able to handle it.” He headed towards the door.

“Angel!” she called out in desperation. “I love you.” Her words were soft and tearful.

He whipped around and pointed coolly at her. “Love ya, too.” His sweet words didn’t match his tone of voice, which was uncaring. “I’ll call you.” Those were his last words before he walked out of the building, leaving the broken-hearted blonde standing there alone.


* * * * *

Buffy shot out of bed panting and wiping the beads of sweat from her forehead. She was faintly aware that Spike was beside her brushing her hair out of her face, and rubbing her back soothingly. She recalled her dream, and realized that it wasn’t a dream at all. She was reliving something that already happened to her. “I remember.”

“What?” Spike pulled back a bit, and looked at her.

“Angel…or Angelus. That last night I saw Angel…I remember it.” She let out a breath she didn’t know she was holding. Buffy stared at the wall opposite her. “God, he was an asshole.”

Spike smiled. “Yeah he was…broke my girl’s heart, he did. Never gonna let that happen to you again.” he kissed her shoulder sweetly.

Buffy cuddled into him, and placed a hand on his chest as they lay back down in bed. “I know you won’t.”

“So you remember…that’s good.” Spike commented after a moment.

“Yeah, funny how I’m not remembering the good things.” Buffy said bitterly.

“But at least you’re remembering something…that may mean you’re getting your memory back, luv.” Spike said with a bit of excitement for the old Buffy, but also in disappointment. Spike was getting used to this Buffy. She was nice to him, found comfort in his embrace, and didn’t judge him because of his past.

“Is that what you want?” she asked sensing the disappointment. “You want the old me back, don’t you?”

Spike hugged her to him. “That’s not what I meant, luv. I love being with you, whether it’s like you are now, or how you were before. You pay me more mind now than you ever did.” He chuckled. “But, part of me is missing you challenging me…that pissed off look you got every time I said or did something exceptionally piggish. I miss sparring with you and…”

Buffy looked up at him with innocent eyes. “You can still spar with me. I may not be as experienced but I can still pack a punch.” She teased as Buffy punched him lightly on the arm.

Spike laughed and rubbed the place where she punched him. “That you can, pet. When you get your memories back, chances are you’ll still remember everything after the accident, so it’s not like you’re going anywhere.” Spike paused to look right into Buffy’s eyes. He cupped her face in his hand. “And neither am I.”

The slayer smiled and leaned in to press a soft kiss against her vampire’s lips.


Chapter End Notes:
hope you like it...please review, let me know if you're still interested in this one