Author's Chapter Notes:
Sorry for not being able to respond to your reviews like I usually do. I'm still having computer/internet trouble and it tends to log me off every time I try.

I know, I know, I seriously need to join the 21st century and stop relying on dial up :P

*crosses fingers* Here's to hoping it'll let me post the chapter.

Some dialogue taken from 'Touched'
Two weeks had passed since their first full day together and each time Spike woke from slumber, in the early hours of the morn, he had found Buffy curled up asleep, in the same position, in the same recliner, as before. And each day he'd carried her back to his unmade bed.

He had made sure, the first few days of her stay, to be there, to help her settle in, and to be home early from work the days after that. He had even called in at work letting them know he would not be in because he had a pressing family matter to see to that could not wait.

He had yet to tell anyone of his marital status and 'wedded bliss' life and Spike wondered if Gunn had told anyone. He doubted it. The younger man was not one to spread gossip, as true as it may be, of anyone, let alone a friend.

And if his lack of phone calls were to go by, he had been taken at his word and no one had questioned or doubted his excuse, though why they wouldn't was still a mystery to him. It's not like they, his co-workers and bosses, didn't know that he had no family to speak of. He had been an only child and his father had passed away when he was still a young lad. His mother, who had never re-married, following his father into the beyond once, he guessed, he graduated law school and saw that he could take care of himself. Which left him longing for a family, preferably big, of his own.

But today, his days of leisure time and coming home early had come to an end. He had an important case to see to that he could no longer ignore or put off for later.

He greeted Buffy with a quick kiss to her forehead, as she made her way into the kitchen after her shower, as it had become their morning ritual for the fortnight since she had moved in.

"Morning, love." He greeted and watched her as she reached for a glass on the back of the cupboard shelf.

"Morning." She replied, voice muffled, and Spike let his eyes trail down her slender neck, the lines of her back, linger on the curves of her waist, to settle on her hips and her rounded ass.

He was attracted to her, there was no doubt of that. Ever since she had yelled at him in that Vegas night club. He'd been intrigued by her and later enchanted by her mirth filled eyes, innocence, and smile.

These past two weeks, full of mornings where he'd held her in his arms, carrying her to bed - the soft curve of her hip brushing against the tip of his morning erection, her soft breath on his neck or in his ear - had been trying on him.

He hadn't wanked so much since he was still William, getting off to the sounds of his roommate rutting around with some girl or another, on his side of the dorm, in his college days before Cecily.

Buffy turned and blushed at his open appraisal of her body and the lust that tinted the blue of his eyes as his gaze drifted up to the roundness of her breasts to linger there as well.

Spike smirked, unrepentantly at her blush, and finished his tea. Making his way towards her - head down, eyes starring into hers, smirk firmly in place, strong, sure steps - as she poured herself a bit of juice. He settled his hands on her hips and brought her closer to him. Lowering his nose to sniff silently at her hair, he, once again, pressed a kiss to her forehead.

"Order yourself something for dinner, kitten. I won't be home till late so you needn't wait up for me. I'm sure you and the bitty us need the rest."

Buffy smiled through her guilt, being reminded of her deception of William again, as she had leaned to do so whenever he called the baby theirs. Which was a lot. And since that's what she had made him believe, she couldn't, well, blame him.

Spike's hands moved to her stomach resting there for a few moments before he stepped away from his wife and walked to the living room.

Picking up his suit jacket, from where he'd left it on the back of the couch, he slipped it on and bent to grab his briefcase. Key's in hand and with one last smile and a quick 'bye' he walked out of the flat, closing the door behind him, and headed to work.






Buffy wiped her mouth with the back of her hand and flushed the toilet. She had been watching a bit of TV when she'd gotten a craving for fruit and cheese and so she had made a strawberry and pineapple quesadilla with peanut butter dip. Washing her hands and her face and rinsing out her mouth, too queasy to even think about having the taste of toothpaste in her mouth, Buffy made her way out of the bathroom and to the living room.

Lying down on the couch, hand on her stomach, she slowly drifted into sleep.






Spike made his way into his flat as fast as possible while still being quiet. It really had been a long day at the office and he was eager to come home.

He had no doubt, even now, that the reason for it was Buffy.

Buffy.

His wife.

'How weird is that?'

In the days since she had moved in with him, he had been enthralled by her innocent charm and sweet shyness. And she truly was innocent, so much so that he had even taken to sleeping in sweat pants and t-shirts or undershirts, and walking around his own flat fully clothed. Given that the first time she'd seen him without a shirt, since that night in Vegas, as he was changing, she had blushed profusely and locked herself in the bath for a good ten minutes, then avoided his gaze for the rest of the day.

Dropping his briefcase by the door, he made his way quickly to the closet, taking off his suit jacket and tie on his way.

Changing into his sleep clothes, he made his way to the side of the bed closest to the door, surprised when he found it empty.

Spike frowned. 'If she isn't here...'

He made his way back into the living room, to search for her, and smiled as the sight of Buffy quietly sleeping on his couch greeted him.

William took the few steps to reach the couch and crouched in front of Buffy's sleeping form. Lifting his hand, he brushed back a strand of her hair and tucked in behind her ear before letting the back of his fingers gently caress the skin of her jaw.

Running his thumb over her bottom lip, he leaned down to capture her lips in a kiss, halting a hairsbreadth away from his destination. He wavered for a moment, jaw twitching in restraint, before sighing and pressing his lips to leave a kiss on her cheek instead.

When he kissed her...

'When I kiss you... you will know it. You will feel it in your soul.'

Gathering her in his arms, he made his way to the bedroom to deposit her in his bed as he had done almost every day since she had come back into his life.

Tucking her under the covers, he turned to leave the room and stopped as her soft, sleepy voice reached his ears.

"William?"

He turned to look at her, a questioning look upon his face.

"Could you... stay here?" She asked. A beat and then...

"Sure." He nodded, "just..." pointing to the corner of the room not visible from where she laid he continued. "I'm a drag that diabolical torture device, the comfy chair, over here. Do me fine." He said, half-jokingly, and she giggled, before realizing he meant it as he made his way to go get said chair.

"No!" She interrupted and he turned back to look at her again. "I mean..." Buffy moved making space for him, on the bed, next to her. "Here. Will you just hold me?" She asked, dropping her gaze to the blanket covering her. "It's..." 'easier' "...I can sleep better, when you're near." Peaking at him from under lower lashes, she saw him smile as he nodded and made his way towards the bed, to her.

Sliding under the covers, he hesitated but a moment before wrapping his arms around her slight form, loving the feel of her body as she curled up against him, before she drifted into sleep with him swiftly following.