Author's Chapter Notes:
As promised, here's the next chapter, and the one you've been waiting for :P R&R... please? *sweet boy smile* LOL
"With time," she said, "I do think this... thing, between us, can be real."

Spike's eyes widened and he took a breath to speak before her voice interrupted his not yet formed words.

"I want... us..." she sighed, "to be real."

William closed his eyes and let out the breath he had taken. Angling his face to look down at her, he met her eyes, hers shining with affection, and, he was sure she could see the same in his.

Hand resting on her waist, he leaned down, and with a smile, covered her lips with his own. All the while thinking that Liam had been wrong.

He wasn't falling.

He was already there.



*****


The kiss was a sweet one. Soft and peaceful and slow in its intensity. His lips brushing her own tenderly, a touch so gentle it could have been mistaken for a slight breeze of air, a soft expelled breath, before they became firm against her mouth, parting just enough to nibble on the fullness of her bottom lip in such a pace that promised her more, left her wanting for more, if she would only allow it.

William's hand moved, arm wrapping around her to bring her closer to him. Their eyes fluttered closed, their hearts beating a tentative symphony against the others chests, as he relished in the warmth of her body, alight with passion, and the quiet sighs and slightly muffled mewls of pleasure that innocently escaped her.

He moved towards her then, rolling and settling them so that part of his body covered hers giving his other hand the freedom to roam about her hair.

His long fingers worked gently as they pulled the hair band off, letting it drop to the softness of the pillow, discarded and unwanted once it no longer held her golden, honey locks imprisoned. His hand moved to the back of her neck, thumb rubbing small circles against her pulse point, making her body erupt in goose bumps as he gently led his fingers into the sea of her hair, loving the way the strands curled around them.

They broke away from each other, panting. Their lungs greedily pulling in air, readying themselves for the ambush of the other's lips, before their mouths crashed again. Lips parting sooner this time and ready to taste, to savour, the other.

William ran his tongue against her bottom lip, gentle and sure, and Buffy responded to his invitation, her mouth opening, welcoming him in, as her own tongue slid out to taste, to caress, his.

Spike gasped and groaned, the fingers of both his hands tightening, digging, some into her soft flesh, the others tangling further in the soft strands of silk as she responded in kind. Her own hands, that had till then rested flat against his strong, firm shoulders, making their way, one up and around his neck, fingers further trailing their way into his hair, fisting around the bleached locks as the other moved. Smoothing down the fabric of his black cotton t-shirt. Making it's way down to the firm muscles of his abdomen, trailing each one over the material of his shirt, then over and around, to rest at the bottom of his powerful back. Her small fingers slipping past the waistband of his pyjama bottoms to slightly brush against the starting swell of his ass. The soft downy hairs there tickling her fingertips, and bringing him even closer as his leg slipped to rest in between her own.

Buffy moved then, rolling onto her back and bringing him with her. She parted her legs, letting her thighs, and the apex of them, cradle his slim hips. His full weight pressing her against the bed in the most delicious way.

William pulled away and whimpered as his erection pressed and settled against the warmth of her sex, stealing a breathy moan from her as well before his lips seeked hers again, his teeth holding captive her lower lip in between their bluntness, delicately biting, liberating, and nibbling at it again. Her tongue flicked out to taste him and he replied by encountering hers with his, gently pressing and circling hers, luring, tempting it out of her delightful mouth and into the warm cavern of his own.

He knew they weren't ready to take that next step. Not now, not yet. He knew it was too soon, knew that they still had a long way to get to that, knew that feelings needed to be revealed, their relationship needed to be established. But he was just a man, and as such, having her soft body beneath his own and pressed so intimately, that he could feel every swell, every dent, her hands wrapped around his body as his own held her tight, and her lips yielding to the suggestion of pure pleasure and ecstasy their love making could bring and their kisses inspired, he wished, with all his might he wished, they were.

Instead he had to settle, for the time being, on the whisper of a promise to have her willing and ready to love him, in all the ways and basic meaning of the word, as he loved her.

There was no doubt in his mind now, as he drowned in her gentle kisses and the feel of her body, all soft curves and yielding flesh, beneath his own, that he had, in all the significance of the words, in its purest, rawest form, aided by her innocence and naivety, by her sweetness and charm, fallen madly, and completely in love with her. Body and soul.

William kissed her harder then, pushing his tongue more forcefully into her mouth, tangling with hers, to keep the words from forming and spilling from his mouth.

As Buffy cradled his body with her own, his full weight resting on her, making her feel protected and, for the first time in her life, fully loved, as a woman, she silently thanked him for deepening the kiss. For just as surely as he had known, her slight epiphany of earlier that night had become clearer and she knew now as well, without a doubt, that she loved him. She loved him. Mind and body. Heart and soul.