Author's Chapter Notes:
Writer's block sucks bum.

That's all.

lol

Enjoy! :P
"What do you think about 'Annabeth'?" William asked as they lay in bed later that night.

"Who?" Buffy asked bunching up the white cotton material of her new 'Lovin' My Buddha Belly' maternity tank top to expose her stomach and stifled a yawn. She was tired. No, exhausted was more like it. They had gone out to lunch after her doctors appointment and then shopping at William's insistence, since the night before she had been complaining about having nothing fit anymore, not even the maternity clothes she had bought just two weeks before.

"For a name," he glanced up at her, smiling as she took her finger and pressed down softly on her belly, then back as they waited for the kick that usually followed. "For a girl." Their smiles grew larger as her skin moved with the force of a tiny foot kicking underneath.

"Annabeth?" She questioned, brow furrowing in thought.

"Yeah."

She smiled, "it's pretty. I like it."

"Yeah?"

"Yeah." Buffy nodded. "And for a boy?" She questioned, wondering just how much thought he had given to this.

"I don't know. I always, ever since you know, you told me, and it sunk in, I've always pictured a little girl."

"You have?"

"Yeah." It was his turn to smile. "A little girl. Looks just like you, she does. Blonde hair, green eyes, cute, little, button nose." Buffy giggled at the face he made. "But for a boy...?" He hummed in thought.

Buffy looked down, insecure in the thought she was about to express. Noticing this, Spike gave her his full attention without pushing.

"I..." she paused and took a deep breath. "I-- I've always... I was thinking..." She sighed frustrated. "I like 'William,'" she was finally able to say and Spike smiled slightly before making his face blank again.

"That's good," he said, voice serious, "because William likes you too."

She looked up at him and his twinkling blue eyes and breathed out a laugh. "That's not what I meant."

"I know." Spike said and made his way up the bed to sit next to her and take her into his arms. Bringing her head to rest upon his shoulder. "You just got kind of shy and frowny face there for a moment. Wanted to make you smile again."

She smirked against his chest, "so what do you think?"

"About 'William'?"

"Yeah."

He shrugged, "I don't know. I mean, it's my name. I never loved it, but..." he trailed off as she interrupted.

"It means protector," she said, voice soft. "And... that's what you have been. To me."

Her admission of what she thought of him caught him off guard it was all he could do to not show her how much her words affected him.

"Oh," he managed to say after a few moments of silence. "Well then," he placed a hand atop of her own where it was resting on her rounded stomach. "'William' it is."

A moment of quiet silence, then...

"William?" She asked, entwining their fingers.

"Yeah, sweet?"

"Will you sing for me?" A kick from the baby had her smiling and correcting herself. "For us."

He stayed quiet. Contemplating.

"Please?"

"Sure," he murmured against her hair. "What'll it be?" He felt her shrug against his chest.

"I don't know. Anything?"

"Hmm," he hummed, thinking for a moment then cleared his throat and started singing.

"Christopher Robin and I walked along
Under branches lit up by the moon.
Posing our questions to Owl and Eeyore
As our days disappeared all too soon."

Buffy snuggled closer into his side, sighing as she rested her head more firmly. The sound of his heartbeat and the timbre of his voice resonating inside his chest.

"But I've wandered much further today than I should
And I can't seem to find my way back to the wood.

"So, help me if you can, I've got to get
Back to the house at Pooh corner by one.
You'd be surprised there's so much to be done...

"Count all the bees in the hive,
Chase all the clouds from the sky,
Back to the days of Christopher Robin and Pooh."

William smiled as Buffy yawned, her eyes falling close and her breath beginning to even out. He dropped his voice to a quiet murmur as he kept singing.

"Winnie the Pooh doesn't know what to do
Got a honey jar stuck on his nose.
He came to me asking help and advice
And from here no one knows where he goes.

"So I sent him to ask of the Owl, if he's there,
How to loosen a jar from the nose of a bear.

"Help me if you can, I've got to get
Back to the house at Pooh corner by one.
You'd be surprised there's so much to be done...

"Count all the bees in the hive,
Chase all the clouds from the sky,
Back to the days of Christopher Robin and Pooh."

His voice wobbled as he stifled a yawn and started to fade as he closed his eyes as well.

"It's hard to explain how a few precious things
Seem to follow through out all our lives
After all said and done, I was watching my son
Sleeping there with my bear by his side

"So I tucked him in, I kissed him
And as I was going
I swear that old bear whispered;
'Boy, welcome home.'

"Believe me if you can I’ve finally come
Back to the house at Pooh corner by one
And what do you know there's so much to be done...

"Count all the bees in the hive,
Chase all the clouds from the sky,

"Back to the days of Christopher Robin,
Back to the ways of Christopher Robin,
Back to..."

Spike trailed off as he too drifted into a tranquil sleep.


*****

The song Spike/William sings is called "House at Pooh Corner" and it's by Kenny Loggins. It's my son's favourite "sing me to sleep" song and I couldn't think of a better chapter to share it in than this one.

For those of you who haven't heard it and wish to do so I uploaded it to yousendit, and you can find it here...

http://download.yousendit.com/9929669A368429CC

~

I also made a manip, Buffy manip, inspired by one part of this chapter that you can find Here