Author's Chapter Notes:
I had this chapter ready and waiting to post, but I wanted to get another one started before I did 'cause writer's block is so kicking my ass right now.

Guess what I'm trying to say is, writer's block sucks bum big time, and I'm sorry if it takes a bit longer for me to update again. I will, and I am writing, I have all of two sentences down for the next chapter, it just... might be a bit, lol :P
The sale of the house had happened pretty quickly. The call he had made to the realtor had ended in him making an offer and by the next day he had gotten the call that the owners had accepted. Now, a couple of days later, he was waiting for the guy, some bloke by the name of Robin Wood, at the driveway of the house to sign the papers that would make the house, his.

A frown crossed his face before a smile replaced it. 'No, not mine. Ours.'

"Must be looking forward to this, then." A male voice interrupted his thoughts and Spike turned towards the voice, extending his arm in greeting.

"Uh, yeah. I am. You must be--"

"Robin Wood. Yeah." The man the voice belonged to said, and took the blonde’s hand, shaking it.

"William Pratt."

"Is your wife joining us?" He asked, noticing the wedding band on William's ring finger.

"Oh, uh, no. No. She doesn't know I'm buying it. Surprise gift and all that."

"Hell of a gift." The brown eyed man laugh, Spike joining in with a chuckle. "So, shall we go inside? Have a quick look before you sign?"

Spike bit his lip as he looked up at the house and nodded, "yeah, yeah. Lets do that."

"Okay well..." Robin started as he opened the front door. "It's a two story, English cottage style home. Four bedrooms, three bathrooms. Living and formal dining room, and as you can see," he said pointing up then down, "cove ceilings and hardwood floors." He smiled as they continued into the kitchen. "The kitchen has all new appliances and is here, on the first floor, along with the living, dining, a bath and one of the bedrooms. The master bed and bath, are up in the second with the rest of the--"

"Your backyard has a swimming pool, and a water fountain." A female voice interrupted that of the realtor as the tall, long-limbed, attractive brunette made her way inside. "Are you positively sure you want this house, darling? 'Cause I think I might just kick you out and take it instead," she laughed.

"Hey, Cordy." Spike greeted, smiling, and brought the younger woman into his arms for a hug. "So, then you think Buffy'll like the house?"

"Oh, yeah." The brunette widened her eyes, "she'll love it." She grinned, then covered her mouth surprised and a bit embarrassed. "I'm sorry, where are my manners, or his," she poked Spike's ribs with her elbow, earning herself an 'ow' and extended her hand. "I'm Cordelia Chase-Angelus..."

"Oh, right, sorry. Uh... she's a good friend," Spike said taking over the introduction as they shook hands. "Cordy this is Robin Wood."

"It's a pleasure," Robin smiled.

"Likewise."

"I asked Cordy here to uh, take a look around with us, since she's the one decorating this." Spike said as way of explanation.

Robin nodded in understanding as Cordy spoke.

"Are you sure Buffy's going to be okay with that? I mean, this is her house, wouldn't she want to... I don't know," she shrugged, "add her own touches?"

"As I'm sure she will, love. You're just taking care of basics."

"Such a charmer you are," she joked then turned to the other man. "Shall we? I want to see the whole house. See what I'm going to be working with."

"Of course," Robin smiled. "Right this way."






"I'm serious Cordy," Spike spoke, holding on tightly to the small piece of plastic in between his fingers as the brunette tried to pull it out of his clasp. "You are not to spend a quid outside of anything that's not related to this house. I am not treating you to a shopping trip. Got that?"

"Yeah, yeah, I got it bleach boy. Now, let go."

"Promise?"

Cordy sighed, "if it means you let go and let me do my shopping then, yeah, okay. I promise."

Spike raised an eyebrow.

"Jeez, I swear it okay? I won't use this credit card to buy anything that's not house related."

Spike pursed his lips, as she bit her bottom one.

"Your... house related," she relented. Spike held on to the card for a few more seconds then let it go and gave the brunette a hug before watching her make her way to her car and open the door.

"Oh," she paused before getting in. "Spike?"

He turned to look at her, "yeah?"

"How 'bout dinner?"

Spike bit his bottom lip, thinking, before shrugging and nodded, "yeah, guess you could buy yourself dinner."

Cordelia rolled her eyes. "I'm not asking if I can buy dinner, idiot, I'm asking you if you'd like to come over for dinner tomorrow night. You and Buffy."

"Oh," Spike looked down, ears tinting pink, before looking up to meet Cordy's brown eyes. "Yeah. Sounds right nice."

He smiled as she chuckled and got into her car, following it slowly down the drive, hands in the pockets of his jeans, then watching as she drove away. 'No doubt,' he thought, 'heading towards the mall.'

He sighed looking around the neighbourhood filled with single family houses all with neatly manicured lawns. Driveways full of family cars, minivans and SUV's. Children making their way home from school.

Turning around, William looked up to his newly purchased house. The house he hoped to make a home with his wife. He took in the russet colour of the roof, the sunlit paleness of it's white exterior, hiding the comfort of the cottage like feel of the inside. Took in the blue trim around the windows and the arched doorway with it's greyish white screen door. The curved, brick walkway leading you to it and the green grass of the lawn that it parted. The trees that seemed to engulf the whole house in a warm hug, protecting it, and the families that had lived before and would long after, from the harshness and unkindness that was sometimes part of the outside world.

Making his way to the front door to make sure it was locked and clasping the keys - minus the spare set he had lent to Cordelia - in his pocket to make sure they were still there, he then made his way to his car. Unlocking it and opening the door, he paused before getting in, a grin forming on his face as he took in a deep breath, through his nose, as if scenting the air around him.

Getting inside the car, he let it out in a breathy "Ah," and chuckled.

"Suburbia."