Author's Chapter Notes:
For those of you that know me (or read my LJ) pretty much know what's going on. For the rest of you lets just say that... my life kind of went downhill for a bit and I'm still trying to figure and work things out, but it all pretty much has left me with absolutely no inspiration, and though I know where this story is headed, I don't know how to get us all there. But, I also know I've left you all without a chapter for far too long, so I am going to try to post the three chapters I do have done (in the span of a week or so) and hopefully (and this is where I beg for your kind reviews, lol), something or someone will spark something in me and I can get to writing again.

I also must beg you to forgive me for not having enough time to respond to your lovely reviews, as I usually do, at this time, but know that I am very much grateful for them and they are very much appreciated :)

I also wanted to thank the wonderful person that nominated this fic (and myself) at the Spuffy Awards. It means the world to me that... it just means the world to me. Thank you.

Chapter title taken from the song 'Cheek to Cheek' by Frank Sinatra
Spike nervously stood at the counter as he opened his wallet and took out one of his credit cards, handing it over to the cashier, a tall willowy girl with a nametag on her crisp black blouse, proclaiming to the world her name was 'Dawn.'

"How long have you two been dating?" The brown haired girl asked as she swiped the card.

"Oh, um..." he chuckled nervously, "five months?" He questioned more than answered.

Dawn raised an eyebrow, "don't you think it's a bit soon for you to be asking--" the words cut off as she clamped her mouth shut.

Spike smiled as he figured they must be paying her out of commission and was afraid he might change his mind, and by doing so, taking away a good part of her salary.

"No," he said. "We're already married," he opened his wallet again and took out a slightly wrinkled Polaroid and passed it to the girl. She took it and smiled at the happy couple and the Las Vegas city background.

"Ah," she said and passed it back along with a receipt for him to sign. "So you're..." she trailed off, contemplating. "What?" She asked partly confused.

William paused, the pen stopping with his thoughts.

"I'm..." he started after a while, "hoping," he finished signing and handed the slip of paper back to the girl. "Just hoping."

Taking the small bag from Dawn and nodding his thanks at her 'congratulations,' he walked out of the jewellery store, a bounce to his step and a smile beaming on his face.






"You look happy, B." Faith stated as she took a drink from her plastic cup. "Bleach boy treating you well?"

The day after they had officially moved into their new house, William had insisted they have a house warming party, calling both her friends and his, to tell them the news and invite them. Buffy had been especially thrilled since it had been almost a month since they had last seen her friends.

It had been then that she learned Cordy had helped her husband with the decorating of their new house, and figured that's why the older woman had kept calling her, asking her about furniture and the placing of said furniture in rooms. She was incredibly grateful for the help, though. Feeling touched that her husband's friend considered her enough of a friend to care about what she may or may not like in her house.

"I am," she answered Faith. "He is," she smiled.

"But...?"

"But..." she shook her head, "nothing, Faith." She responded and her eyes met those of her husband on the other side of the yard, both smiling as blue met green. "He's wonderful."

The brunette noticed the love filled look the blonde's were giving each other and had to smile herself.

"You got it bad, B," she teased, laughing as her friend blushed and looked down. "But it's a good thing, right?"

Buffy nodded, "it really is."

Faith had been doubtful about Buffy and William's relationship when the small blonde had called her, all those months before, and told her about her new life in L.A.

Not one of them had known that Buffy's date, with a man she had just met, had resulted in a drunken Vegas wedding and in her becoming pregnant. They hadn't exactly been that surprised either. They all knew she had still been hurt from Riley's betrayal and that she saw their trip to Vegas as a way to be free, to be someone different, if just for a night. And she proved it so.

Now, as she noticed William heading towards them, arms at the ready to wrap around her best friend, she knew she could no longer be doubtful. It was clear to everyone that came in contact with the couple how very much in love they were, and how happy they made one another.

Faith smiled and excused herself as Spike reached them, taking Buffy into his arms and stealing a kiss from her smiling lips, and made her way over to where Xander was grilling and drinking a beer. Seeing the two blonde's together, always made her yearn for some loving of her own.





"You're in a good mood," Buffy said as William walked into their bedroom later that night, singing some old Sinatra song.

"Any reason why I shouldn't be, love?" He asked as he made his way to her, taking her into his arms and swaying her to the rhythm in his head.

They had gone up to their room, after everyone had said their goodbyes, or settled in, the ones that were staying, to rest and get ready for bed.

She swayed with him, the faint moonlight shimmering in the silk of her pale green night gown as if it were soft rolling waves.

"Not any that I can think of," she giggled as he carefully turned and dipped her, "I just figured you were tired."

"I am a bit," he smiled kissing her laughing mouth. He lingered there, tasting the sweetness of her strawberry lip gloss, his mouth teasing hers, fervently yet undemanding, until his tongue brushed against her lips once, slowly. Gently.

He separated from her lips, sighing a contented smile, their breathing a little fast, and leaned his forehead against her own, looking into her eyes as he did.

She returned his stare, his soul, his emotions, his lust, plain for her to see.

She smirked saucily at the latter and dipped her hands to gather the hem of his undershirt with her fingers slipping her hands under the thin, white cotton, to trace the muscles of his back.

William smirked, closing his eyes, as he felt her nails graze the line of his spine, making his skin break out in goose-bumps. He dipped his head, his nose nuzzling her neck for a moment before leaving wet trails from her collarbone to her jaw, and from there to her ear, with open mouthed kisses.

He felt her shiver in his embrace and he slowly turned them around, walking backwards, leading them step by slow step to the edge of their bed.

He sat, unhurriedly, bringing her into his lap, her legs straddling his thighs sensually, letting them bear her full weight, as slight as it was, even with the life growing inside her, while her hands framed his face. The fingers of one sliding into the soft curls of bleached hair at the crown of his head.

"I love you." She whispered, imprisoning his mouth with her own, giving him naught the chance to respond, as they fell into the softness of the bed, and let the warmth of it, as well as the night, surround them.