They had made love again, the night of the house warming party, after everyone had gone home or settled into their rooms for the night. They had made love again, and again after that. Under the light of the moon shining through the window, their lips and fingers whispering words and caresses, getting lost in sensations amplified by the sheer magnitude of the feelings growing deeper in them with each passing day, hour, minute. Second. The night had been almost magical. The sweat of their bodies making them glisten in an almost ethereal light until tears burned her eyes and blurred her vision so much, she had to shut them tightly to keep the tears from falling as he brought her to orgasm, over and over again, with his fluttering fingers and unyielding cock. Buffy smiled and eyed her reflection in the mirror, sighing embarrassedly at the pink that tinted her cheeks with just the memory alone. She ran a brush through her hair again, all soft strokes that helped to straightened it out a bit while leaving soft waves at the ends, giving a look of volume and elegance to it even in its simplicity. Running her fingers through the small tendrils framing her face, she nodded at her reflection in approval and stood up to inspect the rest of her outfit. William had asked her to dinner that night, on a date if you will. His reasoning behind it that of their lack of celebration, one that was just the two of them alone, sans friends or co-workers. He had told her that they were making a lot of changes and starting a whole new life, separate yet entwined with the last, and like everything else that was new, he wanted them to also have a fresh start. Buffy wondered what that felt like. Being that confident in everything. Since the day she had met William, all those months ago in a crowded night club, he had seemed, always, well put together. He knew exactly what he wanted and why and what he needed to do to get things, his goals, accomplished. And yet... She bit her lower lip before remembering her coloured lips and reached for her lipstick to reapply it again. And yet, William still held enough of a boyish innocence and charm to not let his work or goals rule him. He was perfectly balanced in every way, and she wondered if she would ever be the same. She sighed, capping the lipstick again and dropping it into the clutch she would take with her and moved her hands to her rounded belly. At six months - No. That wasn't right. That's what William believed. - At seven months pregnant, her protruding belly, was very much noticeable under the thin layers of the flowy white fabric of her dress. She had taken to wearing goddess-like cut dresses, halter or otherwise. They fit her body perfectly, the top pieces melding against her ever growing breasts in an alluring manner while still being decent, and the braided rope like belt or thick ribbon that delimited around, just under the curves of her breasts, highlighted her waist without calling too much attention to her rounded belly. That and William always told her how delightfully edible she looked in them. Buffy took a deep breath and smiling, headed out of their bedroom and made her way to and down the stairs. William had been waiting on her to finish getting ready for almost an hour, and as she made her way down the stairs, she could almost picture him. He'd be restless, pacing back and forth in front of the fireplace, his fingers playing with the cufflinks on either cuff of his shirt, eyes unfocused. Buffy let out an amused giggle as she finished stepping down the stairs and found William waiting for her just as she had imagined, he turned around a look of surprise on his face before turning into a grin at the sight of her smile and twinkling eyes. "Love." He greeted her, stretching his arms, a silent plea for her to take them with her own. His eyes travelled lustily down her body and up again as he took every detail of her, from the pale pink polish of her toe nails to the silky softness of her hair, and the blush that blossomed as he made eye contact. "You look," his head tilted, his eyebrow raising, "delightfully edible." He finished and pulled her into his arms as she smiled shyly before meeting his lips in a chaste kiss. "Are you ready, kitten?" He inquired. "Sure am," she nodded, clasping her arm around his offered elbow. They were almost out the door, when he abruptly stopped, excusing himself for just a moment as he made his way to the living room, taking out something from the pocket of his coat and swiftly moving it to the inside pocket of his jacket. He smiled, shaking his head. "Wallet," he explained. She nodded in understanding and stood by him as he locked up their house, then escorted her to the passenger side of his car and made sure she was comfortably and safely in. He shut the passenger side door of his car and straightened next to it. He closed his eyes for a moment, taking a deep breath and reaching into the inside pocket of his jacket, letting it go as his fingers felt the soft velvet of the small black jewellery box. With slow, sure steps, belying the rapid beat of his heart and shaky nerves, he made his way to the drivers side of his car, taking another deep breath before opening the door and getting in. He let the breath out in a long sigh as he inserted the key in the ignition, turning it and starting the car. William smiled at his wife, as he met her eyes in a quick glance, as he turned in his seat to check that the coast was clear before making his way, in reverse, down the driveway. He pulled out into the street, shifting gears, and made their way into town and to the small restaurant he had reserved a table for them at. If everything turned out the way he wanted, the way he planned, tonight would be the night. The night he asked her to marry him again. This time for real. Sober and all.