[Reviews - 336] LikedPrinter
Summary: Buffy and Spike had lived separate lives until a drunken night in Vegas changed everything. Bound by a lie born out of fear, they seize the opportunity to use each other for their own benefit never expecting to fall in love. When the truth is revealed, will it rip them apart? Or is their love strong enough to survive?
Rated: 18
Categories: General Fics Characters: None
Genres: Romance, Angst
Warnings: Adult Language, Sexual Situations
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 32 Completed: No
Word count: 38343 Read: 49067
Published: 02/21/2007 Updated: 10/16/2009

1. Everything's Changed / Less Than a Minute by DrkDevin [Reviews - 16] Liked (1118 words)
So, I finally got the courage to start posting this story. This is the first time I've tried writing something other than a one-shot and I'm kind of nervous about it 'cause I wasn't too sure that I could do it. On that note I want to thank Tammy and Bekah Leigh, endlessly, for reading over some of the chapters and their encouragement and in telling me that this doesn't completely suck, lol...

I'm rating this 18, though in all honesty the chapters will vary from U to NC-17 so I will try to rate them appropriately.

And as always, reviews, constructive criticism, suggestions and/or ideas, are very welcomed and very much appreciated :)

Disclaimer: Don't own. Didn't happen.

2. It's Not a Date... by DrkDevin [Reviews - 9] Liked (1307 words)
Thank you for reviewing the first chapter. I hope you keep enjoying the story :)

3. Date by DrkDevin [Reviews - 8] Liked (1266 words)
Thank you guys for all the awesome reviews. I'm happy to know you're enjoying the story.

4. Proposal by DrkDevin [Reviews - 16] Liked (1866 words)
A/N at the end of this chapter. Thank you for your kind reviews, I will reply to them in time.

5. Oh Hell by DrkDevin [Reviews - 6] Liked (1552 words)
So… I wasn't going to post this chapter, any chapter, yet. I still don't feel up to writing much. But my wife… my, lovely, beautiful wife, kindly forced me to do so because she "just knows" that if she didn't and I didn't write… something, anything, I would "put it off indefinitely, and that just won't do." lol…

We want to thank you, all of you, for your kind words and thoughts. They do help to heal and make me incredibly proud to be a part of a community such as this one.

I hope you guys are still interested in this story, and this chapter is the last of the unofficial 'prologue' before an interlude that concludes this first part and commences the next part and the beginning of the actual development and growth of this fic.

That said, I leave you to the next chapter. Enjoy!

6. Interlude by DrkDevin [Reviews - 7] Liked (1100 words)
As promised, here's a little in between chapter, an interlude, to finish up the first part and move on to the actual plot of this fic. I'm gonna take a little break from writing, just to figure out where I want this fic to go and how to get it there. It won't be long, a week at most, hopefully not longer.

This chapter/interlude is the set up for the rest of the fic and, so I leave you to it :)

Enjoy and don't forget to review :P

7. Commencement by DrkDevin [Reviews - 7] Liked (1239 words)
To celebrate the 10th year aniversary of the very first eppisode of BtVS aired, I though I'd post a new chapter, just for you. R&R please! :P

8. New Proposals by DrkDevin [Reviews - 9] Liked (1143 words)
Thank you for the reviews. I really look forward to reading what you guys think.

9. Decision by DrkDevin [Reviews - 8] Liked (1273 words)
The next chapter is almost done, so I thought I'd post this one now :)

10. Home Sweet Home by DrkDevin [Reviews - 8] Liked (1208 words)
A/N at bottom of page...

11. Rings by DrkDevin [Reviews - 12] Liked (1011 words)

12. Troubled Sleep by DrkDevin [Reviews - 11] Liked (1127 words)
I had this chapter ready to post for a while now, but technology is being mean to me and I've been having computer trouble, so... until I get it all fixed or buy a new one, I'm going to apologize for the possible lack of updates. Possible. It's a maybe still, not for sure, but I thought I'd let you all know. Just in case.

I also wanted to say thank you to Darkezza for the email. It made me smile, sweet. Thanks :)

Also, I'm going to apologize now for uh... "being a guy." LOL :P

That said... hope you enjoy this chapter, with it's lack of dialogue and all :P

13. Smitten by DrkDevin [Reviews - 6] Liked (1500 words)
Sorry for not being able to respond to your reviews like I usually do. I'm still having computer/internet trouble and it tends to log me off every time I try.

I know, I know, I seriously need to join the 21st century and stop relying on dial up :P

*crosses fingers* Here's to hoping it'll let me post the chapter.

Some dialogue taken from 'Touched'

14. Conflicted by DrkDevin [Reviews - 7] Liked (1310 words)
What's this? Devin's updating twice in one day? Yup, you're not seeing things, this is a brand new chapter. I repeat: this is a brand new chapter.

Okay, so I'm in a good mood. Sue me.

Or don't 'cause I have to put my kids through college ;P

Oh and, Dr. Montgomery? The hottie redhead doctor? She’s not mine (as much as I wish it). I borrowed her from Grey’s Anatomy because I couldn’t find a Buffyverse character to fit the part, so okay… that said, I’m going to bugger off, and leave you to the chapter. Enjoy! :D

15. Emotional Visit by DrkDevin [Reviews - 8] Liked (1255 words)
The case that Wesley thinks is happening… I went with a tort case, because, even though I studied a bit of law, it was business law, and a NIED (Negligent Infliction of Emotional Distress) case is the closest I could come up with for a plausible case for Buffy's "situation" according to Wes. That and also because CA is one of the only states that allows that kind of case in it’s court room and, here you can sue just about anyone for just about anything.

Also, I know that the sonogram pictures contain the number of weeks the woman is into her pregnancy. But for the sake of the plot of this fic, I'm taking creative liberties and saying that for this, the sonogram just shows her name, the date and time it was taken, and the actual picture of the baby.

Enjoy the chapter and don't forget to review :P

16. And Everybody Knows by DrkDevin [Reviews - 9] Liked (1093 words)
Thank you for the email, sweet (you know who you are) I appreciate knowing what you thought of the chapter :)

I'm going to be out of the country for a few days, a fortnight at most, so I don't know when I'll be able to update, though I will try, but just in case, I'm letting you know now :P

17. K-I-S-S-I-N-G by DrkDevin [Reviews - 13] Liked (1060 words)
Uh... Wow. I had a nice coming home to. All these awesome reviews for this last chapter and a very interesting email :o)

I want to thank, immensely so, the person that nominated this fic at Loves Last Glimpse Awards (for Best WIP and Best Fantasy). You made my year :D Thank you!

I hope you guys enjoy the lightness of this chapter and don't forget to review! :P

18. Epiphany by DrkDevin [Reviews - 12] Liked (1038 words)
What you've all been waiting for... well, kinda anyways. This chapter just gives you a glimpse of it, but the actual thing isn't till the next. And if you give me yummy reviews, which we already know are my drug, I might be persuaded to post the next chapter tomorrow, if not tonight ;P

19. Body & Soul by DrkDevin [Reviews - 9] Liked (1047 words)
As promised, here's the next chapter, and the one you've been waiting for :P R&R... please? *sweet boy smile* LOL

20. Declarations by DrkDevin [Reviews - 9] Liked (1112 words)
Couldn't sleep so I thought I'd post this chapter tonight... today... tonight? It's almost 4AM here so... you decide, lol :P

fic's moving along now, so... soon enough we'll get to part where Spike finds out the truth... they still have a few more things to go through till then so... be patient, lol..

Thanks for all those awesome reviews, they really are my drug, and Brunettepet, thank you for the email, sweet. Made me feel all warm and tingly to know that you took the time to email me to let me know what you thought when the site didn't let you post a review. The truth is still to come but hopefully you'll stick with me till the end :)

Oh, and once again the hottie redhead doctor doesn't belong to me (though she does make continuous appearances in my dreams). I borrowed her from Grey's Anatomy, so all rights to them.

21. Lullabye by DrkDevin [Reviews - 11] Liked (1121 words)
Writer's block sucks bum.

That's all.

lol

Enjoy! :P

22. She Is by DrkDevin [Reviews - 11] Liked (1119 words)
I don't know much about L.A. so don't hate me if I get something wrong, lol...

23. Suburbia by DrkDevin [Reviews - 11] Liked (1134 words)
I had this chapter ready and waiting to post, but I wanted to get another one started before I did 'cause writer's block is so kicking my ass right now.

Guess what I'm trying to say is, writer's block sucks bum big time, and I'm sorry if it takes a bit longer for me to update again. I will, and I am writing, I have all of two sentences down for the next chapter, it just... might be a bit, lol :P

24. Promotion? by DrkDevin [Reviews - 15] Liked (1085 words)
Writer's block is kicking my bum still. I'm so sorry for the wait. I'm writing... or trying to at least, hopefully once I figure out how to go about it I'll be able to update much faster :)

Thank you for the reviews, though. They do help to make my day :)

25. Too Weak by DrkDevin [Reviews - 14] Liked (1363 words)
Okay, here's the thing. I'm currently barricaded in my office at *looks at clock* 7:30 on a Sunday morning because *points to the rest of the house and it's occupants* It's chaos out there. Just so I could post this chapter, lol..

I am so sorry for the long wait. I know, I know *hangs head in shame* but I swear, I have good reasons.
I've been uber busy planning and re-planning and re-planning the re-plans. Lose you, yet? LOL

June's a very busy month for me. I have birthdays, mine, my wife's, and my sweet girl's (my very spoiled puppy, who demands lots of love and attention) lol. My one year wedding anniversary (which, I hear is a big deal, so I'm trying to be a good husband and plan the perfect day) and, my first official father's day, which I couldn't be happier about :) and all this in the span of 10 days. Add that to work stuff, house stuff, kid stuff, doctor visits, your typical marital spats and manip & banner requests (which I really don't mind) and you got a very busy Dev, lol..

My point is that I am sorry for the long wait between chapters and I'm sorry I'm not able to reply to each of your reviews as I usually do at this time. I do appreciate them, and I thank you for them. It means a lot to me that you would take the time to let me know what you think :) Thank you.

Okay, I'll bugger off and leave you to the chapter now, lol :P

26. You're My Home by DrkDevin [Reviews - 12] Liked (1244 words)
Guess who's back? LOL :P A month later but I really hope you forgive me for the long wait *hopeful smile* lol. June was awesome. Thanks for all the reviews and congratulations and birthday wishes, you guys rock! And July has been fun so far, but hopefully now I can get back to the writing and get this done :D Enjoy and don't forget to feed the muse on your way out, lol :P

27. In Your Arms by DrkDevin [Reviews - 15] Liked (1203 words)
^_^

28. Heaven, I'm In Heaven by DrkDevin [Reviews - 8] Liked (1139 words)
For those of you that know me (or read my LJ) pretty much know what's going on. For the rest of you lets just say that... my life kind of went downhill for a bit and I'm still trying to figure and work things out, but it all pretty much has left me with absolutely no inspiration, and though I know where this story is headed, I don't know how to get us all there. But, I also know I've left you all without a chapter for far too long, so I am going to try to post the three chapters I do have done (in the span of a week or so) and hopefully (and this is where I beg for your kind reviews, lol), something or someone will spark something in me and I can get to writing again.

I also must beg you to forgive me for not having enough time to respond to your lovely reviews, as I usually do, at this time, but know that I am very much grateful for them and they are very much appreciated :)

I also wanted to thank the wonderful person that nominated this fic (and myself) at the Spuffy Awards. It means the world to me that... it just means the world to me. Thank you.

Chapter title taken from the song 'Cheek to Cheek' by Frank Sinatra

29. The Calm.. by DrkDevin [Reviews - 9] Liked (1083 words)

30. Love, A Question by DrkDevin [Reviews - 12] Liked (1077 words)
Title from 'The Question' by Pablo Neruda
Much thanks to everyone that has reviewed. I love hearing what you guys think. :)

31. The Storm... by DrkDevin [Reviews - 11] Liked (1073 words)
I know it's been a long time since I updated, and for that I apologize. RL has been a little less than chaotic but I made myself and you guys a promise that I would finish this fic, so it will be so, lol.

Big thanks to my bestest for the inspiration and push I needed to finish this chapter. :)

I also haven't slept in days and I'm a little rushed since I have class in like 3 hours, so I'm sorry if there's any mistakes. :P

32. Worried by DrkDevin [Reviews - 17] Liked (1077 words)
It’s been about a year since I last posted a chapter of this fic and this is just a small chapter to hold you over while I get to writing more. Long story short, I had tumors in my brain and have been having surgeries to remove them all, but its left me legally blind and out of action for a while. I’m just getting the ability and energy to do things again. I do plan on finishing this story, it’s just taking a little longer than planned but I hope you guys understand.

Thank you so much for all the reviews. They are very much appreciated and a constant source of self-esteem when I’ve had none.