Author's Chapter Notes:
Hope you enjoy it! Please review!
Everyone stared at Giles. They couldn’t believe this was happening. Buffy was the first one to speak. “Okay… Where will we stay?” Giles was surprised that she was taking the news so well. Buffy just wanted to get out of Sunnydale for a while.

“You’ll all be staying at a flat that has already been paid for. Tara and Willow, you two will be sharing a room. The same goes for you, Xander and Anya. Dawn and Spike, we arranged for you each to have your own room.”

Spike looked surprised. “You actually planned for me coming? I figured you would completely ignore the fact that I existed, as usual.”

Giles had the manners to at least look embarrassed. “Yes, well, I knew you wouldn’t let Dawn out of your sight,” he said, looking at his shoes. “We hadn’t… Planned on you being here, so we didn’t make arrangements for you. I’m sorry, but you’ll have to share a room with somebody,” he said, looking back up at Buffy and clearly expecting her to room with Dawn.

Barely even hesitating, Buffy said, “I’ll room with Spike.” Everybody’s eyes widened almost comically, and Xander, who had been drinking some pop, choked on it.

Spike walked over to her. He hated to spoil it, but something just wasn’t right. “Are you okay?” he asked with a quizzical expression on his face. “I thought you hated me.”

Buffy grabbed his hand and gave him an expression that clearly said, ‘Support me, please!’ She was already having trouble with this, if he couldn’t handle it, then she wouldn’t be able to, either. “Well, I realized some things,” she said nervously, knowing he would question what she meant by “some things” later, but hoping it would be when her friends weren’t around. She looked to Giles. He was important to her, and she needed his support, too. Unfortunately, she didn’t find it. Instead, she found him scrubbing his glasses wildly.

Buffy looked down sadly, and Spike put his finger under her chin so he could make her look up at him. It made it harder for her, but she didn’t look down again. Giles saw her expression and nodded at Spike. He knew he had to say that one word, even if it killed him to do it. “Okay,” he said, and instantly knew it was worth it when she looked up and actually smiled at him.

“So, now that that’s settled, I guess we’re going!” she said happily. Remembering something, she said, “After we pack… And Willow, I need to show you something.”

* * * * *

Willow had fixed the BuffyBot and put her in the basement, and everyone had packed. Now, they were on the plane. Actually, it was a private jet, so they could talk about Slayerly things. Not to mention, Spike wouldn’t be dusted by the sun.

Buffy was sitting farther to the back than the others, who were talking about what they thought the new Slayer would be like. She didn’t feel like talking much. She was staring out of her window when she sensed somebody behind her. “Hello, Spike,” she said without looking up. “It’s weird that I can’t see your reflection in the window, but I could still tell you were there,” she said as he slid into the seat beside her.

“Yeah, I guess so… Never really bothered to think about it, though,” he replied softly, feeling a bit awkward. He still couldn’t figure out why she was being so nice to him today. “So… Are you okay?”

“Yeah, I’ve been feeling pretty good since I told them. I know it was a little fast, but I needed to do it.” Buffy said, finally looking up at him, and Spike nodded in understanding. “Thank you,” she said.

Spike looked confused. “For what?” he asked. From what he could think of, he really didn’t do anything worth mentioning.

“Just…” Buffy paused, trying to think of how to put it into words. “Just for being there and not pushing me to be perfect,” she said, giving him another small smile.

Spike smiled back. “It was nothing,” he replied. He decided to change the subject. “Are you sure you don’t want to take the room with your sister?”

“I’m positive,” she said firmly, making it clear that she wasn’t going to change her mind.

Spike pinched his arm, trying to figure out if he was dreaming. “Stop it! Do you want me to room with Dawn?” Buffy asked worriedly.

Realizing that she had gotten the wrong idea, he hurriedly said, “No, of course not! I just can’t manage to figure out why you don’t want to.”

“So, what? I’m not allowed to want to spend time with you?” she asked, starting to get mad.

“I’m just not used to it, that’s all.” There really was no getting through to her. “Usually, you’re trying to beat me up, not talk to me.”

Buffy pouted, making it even harder for him. Then, she said something he never would have expected. “I’m sorry,” she said so quietly that he wouldn’t have even heard it if he didn’t have vampire hearing. She looked like she was about to start crying because of everything that had happened lately.

“Oh, Buffy, please don’t,” he said. He couldn’t stand the expression on her face. He tilted her head up, looking into her eyes. “You don’t ever have to be sorry for anything. I love you no matter what.” Knowing it was the truth, she buried her head into his chest and started crying. Everything felt so different, but she realized that he was the one thing that had stayed the same while she was gone.

Suddenly, they heard a voice over an intercom. “Thank you for flying. We have arrived in London.”

Buffy stood up, still holding on to Spike. She gave him a slight smile, noticing that she had cried all her tears out. They walked out together and headed towards the apartments, leaving the others to stare after them, still wondering what was going on.