Chapter Seven

Buffy was waiting for him when he got to the cemetery. Her facial expressions went from relieved, through happy and directly to brassed off within the few seconds it took for her to see that he was back and in one piece.

“Where have you been?” she exploded at him, fighting the urge to punch him in the nose. “I was worried – “ She was cut off in mid rant as he picked her up and captured her lips with his. She assured herself she would continue to tell him how stupid he was being just as soon as she was tired of kissing him.

He kicked open the door to the crypt and carried her inside, dumping her unceremoniously onto the bed. Before he even looked at her again, he prowled through the crypt sniffing and checking the traps he had left to see if anyone had been in there while he was out. Satisfied that no one had been, he dragged a heavy sarcophagus over to the door and effectively blocked the only way in.

“Spike? What are you doing? Is something wrong?” She jumped to her feet to face him.

“Don’t think so, love. Just don’t want to take a chance on unexpected visitors. Don’t like surprises.”

“Oh,” she said offhandedly, “Then I guess I’d better warn you I’m not wearing any underwear rather than let you find out yourself....” She giggled as he grabbed her and ran his hand under her skirt to check the truth of what she was saying.

He growled into her neck as he ran his hand over her firm cheeks and squeezed them. “You ran around town like this? You shameless vixen. I think you need to be punished.”

“Do you?” she breathed, not really sure what he meant, but liking the look in his eye. “Who’s going to punish me?”

“Big Bad, here, Slayer. I have just the punishment you need.” As he spoke he was sitting down on top of a sarcophagus and pulling her into his lap. He laughed at her indignant “Hey!” as he flipped her over and pulled up her skirt to expose her ass. “Beautiful” he breathed as his hand hovered over her creamy skin. “But you have been very bad, you naughty girl,” he said as he brought his hand down with a hearty smack.

Buffy gasped as his hand came down on her bare skin. The surprise and sting of his hand was quickly followed by a flood of warmth where he had hit her and she was surprised to find it wasn’t at all unpleasant. The next slap was on the other cheek and now both were warm and tingling – as was another part of her anatomy. The vampire kept up the slaps, alternating cheeks until her entire rear was red and warm.

The longer he slapped her cheeks, the warmer Buffy got and she found herself grinding her pelvis into his thighs as he held her lightly in place. They both knew she could have easily escaped any time she wanted to, but curiosity and the growing wetness between her thighs kept her in place. Spike looked at her rosy cheeks and lowered his head.

“Bad Slayer. She’s been punished, now I have to make it better,” he said softly as he kissed and licked until his cool tongue and lips were as warm as the cheeks of her ass.


While he was “kissing it better”, Buffy’s hands were reaching for the buttons on his jeans and when she finally freed his hard shaft she pivoted on his lap and sat facing him, lowering her wetness slowly onto him. He sucked his breath in sharply as she teased him, sliding up and down but not quite letting him all the way in.

“Who’s being punished now?” she purred as he threw his head back and growled in frustration. She continued to tease him as long as she could stand it, until she decided it was frustrating her as much as it was him and she suddenly dropped down, letting him fill her completely.

The steadily mounting desire brought on by Spike’s spanking as well as her prolonged teasing had them both already close to the edge; it didn’t take long before she was clenching around him as she screamed his name, and he was roaring his pleasure as he thrust into her.

Foreheads pressed together, they rested for several minutes until Buffy straightened up and said reluctantly, “I can’t stay tonight. I promised Willow I’d be back sometime tonight so that I wouldn’t miss class tomorrow. And......and.....” She took a deep breath and held his face in both hands so that she could look into his eyes. “And, I promised Riley I’d meet him for patrol so that we could talk some more.”

She flinched as Spike’s eyes turned golden and his forehead wrinkled, but she kept her hands on his cheeks and stroked them gently.

“It’s just patrol. I promise. I need to do this. I need to find out what he knows about Adam so we can figure out how to kill him. I can’t afford to pass up a chance to get more information just because you....we.....” Her eyes pleaded with him to understand and to be all right with it.

After a tense minute or two, Spike forced his demon back down and sighed as he turned his head to kiss the warm palm resting against his cheek.

“It’s OK, Slayer. I know you need to find out everything you can. I’m not sure how much I’m going to learn. I don’t think the science project trusts me enough to let me in on too much.”

Buffy slumped with relief and put her head against his chest. As she did, she felt his cock, which was still inside her, twitch back to life and she smiled up at him.

“Of course, I do have about 45 minutes before I said I’d meet him.......”

Standing up and keeping her in place, Spike walked to the bed and stood over it. Buffy’s legs were around his waist and she was squeezing his cock rhythmically as he walked. He dropped to his knees and gently laid her down on the scarlet linens. In a replay of the first time they made love, he slid out of her warmth and began removing her clothes.

Buffy’s whimper when he pulled out soon turned to mews of pleasure as he licked his way around her body while removing her shirt and skirt. In no time they were both naked and she pulled him down on top of her demanding, “In me, now!”

“Bossy bint, aren’t you?” he said with a smile as he complied.

“What’s a bint? Are you insulting me?” she muttered as she wriggled under him.

He just shook his head and groaned at the feel of her warm walls clenching around him. “Never mind, pet. You can boss me around anytime. As long as you follow it with something like this anyway,” he smirked.

As he began moving within her, thrusting in as far as he could and adding a twist at the end that rubbed against her clit each time, she completely forgot about being insulted and concentrated on being soundly shagged.

Forty minutes later, as Buffy was collecting her clothing and preparing to leave for her patrol with Riley, she noticed that Spike was once again struggling to control his demon.

“What’s wrong?” she asked softly. “I thought you were OK with this?”

“You’re going out to patrol with another man wearing that short skirt and no knickers. What the hell do think is wrong?” he snarled.

“Oh! I almost forgot!” she giggled as she reached for her weapons bag. While he watched curiously, she pulled out a pair of jeans, a pair of cotton bikini panties, socks and sneakers.

“Ta da!” she said, waving them in his face. “I brought these to change into. The skirt was just for you,” she added shyly, blushing slightly.

“Oof!” she gasped as he swept her into his arms and twirled her around. “So that’s Ok, huh?” She giggled at him again.

“You are amazing, Slayer. Full of surprises, you are.” He put her down and stoked her cheek gently.

(NOT going to scare her away by telling her how I’m falling in love with her. Don’t care how much that ponce, William, wants to, I’m not going to do it. Will ruin everything.)

Buffy stared back at him, trying to read his face and wondering at the confusion she saw there. She could see that he was struggling with something, but was afraid to think about what it might be.

(Vampire Slayer, here. Incredibly sexy and sweet vampire there. But evil. There will be no falling in love with the evil vampire. None. Nope. Not happening.)

Both blonds simultaneously pulled back and looked away quickly. Buffy pulled on her clothes and grabbed her weapons bag, edging toward the door.

“Well, I’ve got to go now. To meet Riley. To talk...and patrol...and find out about Adam.”

“Yeah, You need to go be the Slayer. That’s what you do. That’s what you are.” Spike walked over to the door and pulled the sarcophagus away far enough for her to open the door and squeeze through.

Buffy’s hand was on the door when she suddenly dropped her bag and leaped onto his body, throwing her arms around his neck. The vampire caught her in mid leap and pulled her into an embrace that would have broken ribs in a human girl.

“Wondered if you were gonna go without a good night kiss, Slayer,” he murmured as he captured her lips and slid his tongue into her waiting mouth.

Buffy was too busy kissing to bother to answer him.


Fifteen minutes later she was walking through the campus with Riley making uncomfortable small talk. Finally the big man stopped and blew out his breath. “Buffy, we’ve got to talk this out. What ever went, or is going wrong between us, we need to work it out. I...I miss you.”

Buffy winced with guilt as she read the truth in his honest open face.

“Riley, I’m sorry. I don’t know what to say. I told you what I was very early on, and although I know you don’t really understand what I am or what it means, at least I was honest with you. You, on the other hand, didn’t tell me about your involvement with the commandoes until we busted you. You’ve been dishonest with me, you and your men have been capturing vampires and demons to use for weapons, and worst of all, I know you know more about Adam than you’ve told me.”

“I was just trying to protect you, Buffy. I didn’t – don’t – want you to get hurt.”

She shook her head sadly, “My point exactly, Riley. I was Chosen to protect the world. As soon as I was called, when I was 15, the safety of you, your men, and everyone else in the world became my responsibility. You can’t protect me from that. It’s my birthright. When you keep important information from me, you aren’t protecting me, you’re making my job that much harder and more dangerous.”

“Does your birthright include hanging out with vampires?” he asked coldly. “Cause I’ve got to tell you, seeing you walking and talking with the one you told me to leave alone makes me wonder just what you were chosen for.”

“Have you been spying on me again?” A man more familiar with the Slayer would have recognized the dangerous tone to her voice, but Riley was still thinking of her as his girl friend.

“We just happened to be out patrolling when you two passed by. I guess you were so busy thinking about how to slay him you didn’t notice us,” he said sarcastically.

Buffy’s guilt over deceiving Riley about Spike and their relationship was the only thing that kept her from decking him on the spot.

“Look,” she began, running a hand through her hair in frustration, “Spike is here to help me. That’s why I want you to leave him alone. I may need him when it comes time to tackle Adam. Next to me, he’s the strongest fighter around.”

“So, you’ll accept help from a vampire, but not from me?” He made no attempt to keep the pain and anger out of his voice.

“Riley, I can’t do this right now. I’ve got a battle to fight and if you can’t help me by giving me more information about your escaped weapon-“ She almost grinned at his start of surprise. (Bingo! Now we know Willow’s idea was right.) “Then the most helpful thing you can do is stay out of my way.” She finished talking with her hands on her hips and with a harder look than he had ever seen on her face.

The soldier studied her for a minute, then spit out, “He’s practically indestructible. He has a poisoned skewer that comes out of his left arm, an energy cannon in his right, and he’s powered by a small nuclear device in his chest. Unless you can get close enough to rip out his power pack, I don’t know what you can do to stop him.”

She relaxed and allowed her face to soften as she said quietly, “Thank you. And...Riley? I’m sorry. I really am.”

“Yeah, me too.” He spun around on his heel and marched away quickly.