Author's Chapter Notes:
I don't expect to have time to put another chapter up tomorrow AM, and maybe not even tomorrow night, so consider this tomorrow's chapter...
Chapter Thirteen

Buffy quickly changed into her nightgown and followed Spike across the hall into his room. The drapes in that room were already closed tightly as Buffy had told Molly and Mrs. Barstow that they were to be kept closed at all times unless she or Spike opened them themselves.

“You all right, pet?” he inquired as casually as he could. He didn’t look at her while he asked, just went about taking off his shirt and pants. When he was naked, he picked up his nightshirt and threw it across the bottom of the bed.

“Uh, Spike? Aren’t you supposed to actually WEAR that?” She hoped her snarky question would make him forget about his.

For a minute she thought it had worked, as he leered at her and moved closer. “ ‘S long as it’s where I can grab it if I need it, that’s good enough. Haven’t slept any way but naked for well over 100 years and I don’t plan to start now when I have a beautiful woman in my bed.”

“Oh,” she said softly. “You think I’m beautiful?”

“You know I do, love.” He ran his hand through her rumpled hair, combing it with his long slender fingers. “Think you’re beautiful, and brave, and strong, and sexy...” His hand left her hair to trace a path along her collarbone and dip into the front of her gown. “And wearing an excessive amount of clothing,” he continued with William’s accent as he lightly stroked the tops of her breasts. Buffy didn’t respond as he expected; instead looking around the room and asking apprehensively, “Do...do you think Angelus is still outside? Listening to us?”

“Bloody hell, I hope so!” Spike laughed. “Maybe I can teach the old wanker a thing or two.”

He reached for Buffy, only to find her backing away stammering, “What! You think I’m going to...while Angel is...that we...oh, no, mister. There will be no teaching of...of anything.”

“Come on, love,” he said, still laughing. “You can’t seriously care if that wanker hears us...”

When her expression didn’t change, Spike realized she was serious and threw himself on the bed, growling in frustration. He tried to ignore her slip, calling Anglelus “Angel”, but it bothered him more than he cared to admit.

“Fine, Slayer,” he huffed, turning down the covers and grabbing his night shirt. “You stay on that side and I’ll stay over her. Heaven forbid we should upset the great poof by letting him overhear you shaggin’ somebody else.”

He started to put the shirt on, then growled and tossed it on the floor. Turning his back to the confused slayer, he squirmed around until he was comfortable and shut his eyes firmly.

Buffy stared at his rigid back, knowing that she’d somehow angered him all out of proportion to the situation, but bewildered and confused about what she might have done. Responding in what seemed to her the most appropriate way, she snapped at his unresponsive back, “Well, I guess that tells me what you’re really interested in, doesn’t it? Just forget it. I’ll sleep in my own bed.”

She whirled and stomped out of the room, slamming the door behind her angrily. As she entered her own room, she heard a noise from outside the window. With anger fueling her determination, she continued her angry march in that direction, pausing only to grab a stake from the pants on the floor. She yanked the curtains open to find Angelus’ surprised face looking back at her.

He licked his lips, allowing his fangs to show as he leered at her, expecting the frightened girl he’d seen before. When, instead of screaming or crying she glared at him and raised the stake threateningly, snarling, “Get the hell off my roof!” he flinched back, losing his balance and falling to the ground. Buffy laughed delightedly and saluted him appropriately – sure that he would get her message even if he did have to wait until he came to America to understand it fully. She allowed the curtain to fall back into place and walked toward the bed, satisfied that she’d ruined at least one vampire’s night.

She crawled into her own bed and pulled the covers up, keeping her stake beside her just in case, and resolutely shutting her eyes.

(I don’t need to be with him to sleep. I’ll be just fine by myself. Stupid vampire.)

After a good bit of tossing, turning, muttering and struggling to resist the urge to slink back across the hall to the security of Spike’s bed, Buffy finally fell into a restless sleep. Once again, her sleep was troubled by the vivid, very real-seeming pictures of a Slayer dream. And once again, in her dream she was at the mercy of Angleus and Darla, now wearing modern dress and hair styles. She could see Drusilla dancing in the back ground, humming to herself and seemingly oblivious of the activities.

She looked around for Spike, since his presence had been part of all her other dreams, but couldn’t see him anywhere. Her fear, already close to paralyzing her, escalated when her frantic search of the area didn’t show any trace of the blond vampire.

Angelus moved closer to her immobile body, stalking around her and sniffing.

“What’s the matter, lover? I don’t smell your guardian vampire on you anymore – did you finally give him the boot?” He moved in closer and ran his tongue up one side of her neck, lingering over the artery through which her blood was rushing in such delicious panic.

“I guess he realized you wanted a real vampire; not that pitiful excuse for a demon Dru created.”

Buffy’s eyes flew to the insane vampire who had drifted closer to them while Angelus talked to her. The willowy brunette shook her head sadly, saying softly, “I tried to tell you, Slayer, if you wanted to be William’s sunshine you had to tell him so. My sweet William doesn’t think he’s worthy – he’s gone away to cry for you. Poor sad William...poor foolish Slayer.”

She danced away again, avoided the large fist that Angelus had thrown toward her face and laughing at his anger. “Daddy doesn’t like to hear that you might have chosen William if you could. He will punish you for wanting our sweet boy...You should have—“

Her voice was cut off by Angelus’ large hand grasping her throat. “I’ve heard just about enough from you about that traitorous childe of yours. You’ll stop it now or the Slayer won’t be the only one being punished.”

“Spike?” Buffy’s tried to shout for the missing vampire, but her voice box was as frozen as the rest of her and nothing came out but a slight squeak. Which was enough to attract Angelus’ attention back to her and he dropped Dru to the floor.

“You would still call for him?” he snarled. “He can’t protect you now – you’re going to be mine, in every possible way, now and forever.”

While she silently screamed and tried to fight the fear that was holding her immobile, the big vampire systematically stripped off her clothes and unzipped his pants. Once again, she found herself faced with the prospect of being raped by her former lover, but unlike the Angelus of long ago,it was obvious this one knew who she was and remembered their time together.

The fangs visible behind his lips and the hungry look in his yellow eyes made it impossible not to understand his true intentions and she struggled with her last ounce of courage to throw off the paralyzing fear holding her prisoner.

When the vampire lunged for her throat at the same time as he knocked her to the ground and prepared to enter her, she could feel the tears sliding down her cheeks at the knowledge that her worst nightmare was going to come true. Mentally bracing herself for the pain, she was shocked when the vampire reared back from her neck snarling in rage.

“He DARED!” he roared. “That arrogant bastard...I’ll kill him!”

Completely bewildered, Buffy lay where he’d dropped her, grateful for the reprieve, but at a loss as to what had caused him to back off. Suddenly, through the signatures of the other vampires in the room, she felt Spike’s presence and closed her eyes in relief.

(He came for me. He always comes for me. He won’t let Angelus have his one good day.)

She sat up, having gained some small amount of control over her muscles now that she knew Spike was there. Darla was snarling toward the dark entrance and she quickly moved to stand beside Angelus and glare at the blond lounging with deceiving casualness in the doorway.

“Hi, luv. Did you miss me or were you having too much fun with Peaches to notice I wasn’t here?”

His eyes belied his casual words as they ran over her body quickly to assess any injuries and he visibly relaxed when he saw that she was relatively unharmed.

He gestured at her to come to him, and she scuttled across the floor quickly, grabbing her clothes as she did so. Just as she went to join Spike in the doorway, a large, meaty hand flashed out and grabbed her arm.

“Where do you think you’re going?” Angelus snarled. “I’m not done with you yet. Soon as I kill my annoying grandchilde, that protection you’re wearing will be gone and I’ll finish what I started.”

He tossed her toward Darla who punched Buffy in the temple, knocking her to the floor stunned and helpless. The snarling blond then went to join Angelus in attacking the youngest member of their family.

As Buffy watched in dazed horror, the two older vampires began to push Spike from the room, using their fangs and claws to rip and tear at his body until he was bleeding from a hundred places and his flesh was hanging in strips. He cast a look at the sobbing, but still immobile, Slayer on the floor and cried out, “Buffy! You have to help me, Slayer. Buffy, come to me, love – I need you. Buffy!”

Buffy woke up suddenly, gasping through her tears and staring with wide eyes at Spike’s worried face. When she realized she’d been dreaming again and that she’d heard him calling her because he was trying to wake her up, she threw her arms around his neck in a repeat of her actions after the first Slayer dream.

“You’re okay, you’re okay,” she chanted over and over as she ran her hands over his naked body, assuring herself that he was in one piece and not bleeding to death in front of her. She clutched him so hard he was very grateful that breathing was an option for him rather than a necessity.

“Shhh, love, Shhhh. I’m right here. All undead and in one piece. It was just another dream. ‘S my fault for getting mad and leaving you by yourself. I’m sorry, Buffy, so sorry. I’ll never leave you alone again, I promise.”

Gradually calming down under the soothing influence of Spike’s rich baritone, she eventually stopped crying and rested her head on his chest, secure again within the cool circle of his arms.

As she fought her way back to reality, Spike’s words began to sink in and she pushed herself away from him far enough to look into his eyes.

“You didn’t leave me, Spike. I left the room under my own power, and I was too proud and stubborn to come back when I wanted to.”

“That makes two of us, then, pet,” he said ruefully, tucking a piece of hair behind her ear. “Wanted you back in my bed so bad – but I was too stubborn to come and apologize for being such a stupid git. Can you forgive me, love?”

“Guess we could both use some anger management help, huh?” She smiled tentatively at him, relieved when he dropped a kiss on her forehead and answered, “If we weren’t fightin’ about something, we wouldn’t be us, now would we?”

Buffy laughed softly, then perked up. “Hey! On the plus side, I was so mad at you, I scared the hell out of Angelus.”

“You what?” He immediately looked at the windows, growling softly.

“Relax,” she said, tugging his attention back to her, “He was so surprised to see me waving a stake at him, he fell off the roof. I can be pretty scary when I’m mad, you know,” she finished with a sideways look at him.

Spike laughed out loud, taking several seconds to get himself under control enough to sputter, “That you can, love. I wish I’d seen ole Angelus’ face when he saw a brassed off slayer looking at him instead of a scared little girl.”

“Maybe he’ll leave us alone for awhile, now,” Buffy muttered. “If he’s as big a coward as you say he is...”

“Oh, the poof’s not really a coward, pet. He just doesn’t like to take chances or make waves. I can’t see him going out of his way to keep bothering you now that he knows what you are. With a little luck, he’ll send some more minions after you and once he sees what happens to them, he’ll be on the next boat to France. I’d lay odds on it.”

“I wish I could get him out of my head that easily,” she sighed, curling back up inside Spike’s comforting embrace.

“I really am sorry, love. You have no idea.” His voice was rough with pain and regret. “I am a bloody selfish wanker and you should drive a stake through my...well, maybe not my heart, but maybe a hand, or a foot, or...”

“Shut up,” she said, pulling his mouth down for a lingering kiss.

“Whatever you say, Slayer,” he agreed, slanting his head to deepen the kiss. His tongue swirled around hers, sucking it gently back into his mouth where he could nibble on it with his blunt human teeth.

“Mmmmmmmmm” Buffy’s moan of pleasure caught him by surprise and he broke the kiss to look at her in wonder.

“You liked that, pet? You liked my teeth on you?”

“Oh yeah,” she breathed, leaning into his neck and taking the skin gently between her teeth. “Do you?”

When her elbow bumped against his rock hard erection poking up between them, she giggled. “I guess that’s a yes?”

With a guttural growl, the vampire stood up, still holding her in his arms and whirled toward his own bedroom. He crossed the hall in a one stride and had her on the bed and underneath him before she could blink. With his cool length pressed against her body from their toes to the hands he was holding over her head, she went from mildly interested to desperate for more touching in a heartbeat.

When she squirmed under him, trying to get her hands free, he let go with one of his hands, using the other to push her nightgown up over her face. When he dropped his head to take one hard, rosy nipple in his mouth, she pulled free and yanked the nightgown the rest of the way off. While she was doing that, Spike was sliding down her body, leaving a wet trail of kisses as he worked his way down to his objective.

When he reached the source of the rich scent of her arousal and began to lick from her opening to the little pink nubbin standing up and begging for attention, he was surprised when she touched his head and said shyly, “You don’t have to do that, Spike. It’s okay.”

“Not doing it because I have to, pet.” He frowned up at her before dropping his head back down and nuzzling her curls. “Doin’ it because I want to.” He pressed his tongue against her clit, smiling when she moaned and her hips arched off the bed. “Why would you think otherwise, luv? Don’t tell me nobody ever...”

He looked up at her bright red face and after planting a light kiss on the inside of her thigh, he crawled back up to where he could see her eyes better. The blush was rapidly spreading down her neck and onto her breasts as he continued to stare at her in amazement.

“Your juices are like ambrosia to me, Buffy. The scent, the taste of you, the way you feel, they’re all part of the package – part of the wonderful,” he kissed the tip of one nipple, “amazing,” he took the hard little pebble in his teeth and gently pulled on it, “sexy,” he sucked the nipple into his mouth and listened to her whimpers with satisfaction, “woman that is Buffy Summers.”

He released her nipple with an audible pop. “So whatever wanker told you he was doing you a favor by pleasuring you the way you deserve, was either incredibly stupid or lying in his teeth.”

“You...you mean you don’t mind...” At Spike’s growl, she amended quickly, “You actually want to?”

“You have no idea, luv. No idea at all, but ‘m going to show you how much,” he said as he kissed his way back down her body.

It took him only a minute of careful attention to her clit to have her whimpering and pleading with him – for what she wasn’t sure, but the words, “Spike, please, Spike!” continued to fall out of her mouth.

“Tell me what you want, love,” he murmured, pulling the swollen nubbin into his mouth and sucking on it gently. Instead of speaking, she grabbed his hair and pushed his face against her grinding pubic bone, gasping whimpers indicating how close she was to the release she wanted. When he bit down lightly, she screamed and shuddered around him, clenching his head so tightly with her thighs he was afraid she was going to decapitate him.

Just as he was sure he was going to have to pull her legs apart, she relaxed and he was able to lift his face to smile at her. She looked down at his smirking expression and at her hands buried in his curly hair and blushed again in shame.

“Oh, I can’t believe I did that to you. I am so sorry, I don’t know what—“

“You did what felt right, pet. No shame in that. When I’ve learned to read you better, you won’t have to take control like that – unless I’m teasing you on purpose, of course and you get tired of it....”

“But...but I...you...”

He crawled back up until he was face to face with her, the head of his cock just brushing her wet entrance.

“You let me get you off. ’S all you did, love. Bloody made my day, it did, seeing you respond to me like that. You have no idea how good it feels to pleasure you. Could do it all day long. Would, if you’d let me.”

Buffy looked into his earnest eyes in amazement. Never had a man suggested that giving her pleasure could make him feel good. Riley treated giving her an orgasm as a job to be accomplished before he was allowed his reward, and she could tell he sometimes got impatient with what he was expected to do to make it happen. And here was Spike, an evil vampire, telling her he actually enjoyed doing things to her.

“You...you would?” Her disbelief was tinged with just a trace of wistfulness, and his expression softened even more as he began kissing her gently.

“Could, would, will if you let me. Every day for the rest of your life. Love to see you like that. Love to feel you comin’ for me, on me, around me.”

While he was speaking in between kisses, he was sliding slowly into her warm depths, fighting for control as her heat enveloped him and she unconsciously squeezed him until he groaned.

When he was sure he had himself under control again, he began a slow, steady rhythm of thrusts, ending each one with a slight twist that hit nerves Buffy hadn’t even known were there. Her fingernails dug bloody furrows in his smooth, pale back as she gave herself up to the sensations the vampire was creating. His thrusts came faster and harder as she moved her hips to meet his, her Slayer strength an easy match for his own supernatural power.

“Oh, god, oh, god, oh, god,” she chanted over and over as the pressure built and she felt herself on the verge of shattering into a thousand pieces. Spike’s guttural growls, interspersed with flowery endearments that came perilously close to William’s poetry, indicated he was rapidly approaching his own release.

When she felt the world explode around her, colors exploding behind her eyes, her whole body quaking in ecstasy, she clutched him as though he was the only thing holding her on the earth and gripped his shoulder with her blunt teeth in an effort to smother the scream leaving her throat.

The vampire’s own release began the instant he felt her convulse around him and his hips jerked frantically as he emptied himself into her body. When Buffy’s teeth sank into his flesh, the demon could not be denied and his fangs slid into the creamy skin on her throat, just barely piercing the skin. He let her powerful blood flow over his tongue as his hips continued to spasm long after he had nothing left to spend.