Author's Chapter Notes:
Again I don't own them, just like to play with them. The NC-17 doesn't come till the third chapter. A special thanks to Vampsgirly for betaing this for me.
Chapter 1



After taking her one year old son Anthony to the doctors, Buffy walked into Giles’ flat to talk about the bombshell the doctor had dropped on her while she was there.



“Hello, Buffy how are you and Anthony today? Giles asked as she walked in.



“Not bad, just had to take Anthony for his check-up.” She said as she lifted the little boy from his stroller.



“Is he sick?” Giles asked concerned.



“No, it was just a routine check up.” She smiled at him. “Anthony why don’t you go over and play with Spike, while mommy talks to Grandpa Giles about something important” She said to her son after she put him down on the floor. He ran over to Spike and Spike picked him up, tickling the little boy until he was giggling madly.



Giles could tell Buffy had something on her mind, so offering her an encouraging smile he lead her to the sofa. “Come have a seat, is something wrong Buffy?” he asked kindly.



Buffy chewed on her lip, she wasn’t entirely sure how to tell Giles her news. “When I was at the doctors, he asked how I was doing, so I told him about how I’ve been sick for the last couple of weeks. That I haven’t been able to keep anything down.”



“I thought you said it cleared up.”



“I told you, it seemed to have cleared up, I didn’t want you to worry.” She told him.



“So you lied to me again, what did the doctor say?” Giles asked, anger lacing his voice.



“Well he asked a bunch of questions and did a couple tests, then he came back and said the words that I never thought I would hear for a long time, if ever again. He… he told me I’m pregnant.”



Spike ears perked up at hearing her say that she was pregnant.



Giles was now yelling at Buffy. “How could you be so irresponsible? You already have one child and now you go out and have-- sexual relations with out even thinking about using protection? You’re a slayer and the evil won’t stop, just because you chose to get yourself pregnant, again Buffy.”



Spike pulled Anthony closer to him, as the little boy started to fret at the raised voices.



“Grandpa mad at mommy.” He whimpered.



“Yeah he is.” Spike replied rubbing the little boys back, trying to soothe him.



“Why?” .



“I don’t know.” Spike replied.



Buffy was trying to hold back her tears as she spoke, trying not to upset Anthony any further. “I’ve had sex twice Giles! And according to you I shouldn’t even have been able to have gotten pregnant the first time round!.”



Giles’ brain was working over time, a horrible thought occurred to him. “Dear Lord, tell me you didn’t sleep with Angel again, when you went to LA a couple of months ago.”



“No not Angel, the father is a little closer to Sunnydale.”



“Are you going to tell me who the father is or do I have to guess?” Giles asked nastily.



A lone tear slid down her cheek as she faced off with Giles “Spike’s the father, but I don’t know how.” Her voice tailed off in a whisper.



“Are you sure it’s Spike?” Giles asked not knowing what to think.



“Yes I’m sure! I’ve only slept with him and Angel and Spike was the most recent.”



Spike couldn’t keep out of it any longer, Buffy was visibly upset and if he was the father he owed it to her to back her up in front of her watcher. “Come here, Slayer.”



“Why?” She asked warily.



“Because if what you’re saying is true, I should be able to feel them.” He explained to her.



She got up and went over to Spike, he put Anthony on the floor beside him. Pulling Buffy close and put his ear to her stomach.



“I can hear at least 3 heart beats.” He told them before vamping out. “And they’re mine their demons were able to call out to my demon.”



As he sat back he pulled Buffy so she was sitting straddling his lap. Oblivious to Giles spluttering and cleaning his glasses rather viciously on the other side of the room.



Anthony looked at Spike, “Unca have bumpies.” He beamed. Spike was tickled with the way he called him Uncle Spike, though technically Spike was actually Anthony’s nephew.





“Yes I do.” He grinned through his fangs at the little boy.



“Me too.” Anthony said showing His bumpies off as well, much to Spikes surprise.



Shaking his Vampire face off Spike looked at Buffy for answers and she shrugged. “He learned to do that last night, he’s always had them. He used to bite me while I was breast feeding him.”



“I think we need to get back to the matter at hand here.” Giles interrupted them.



“What is so hard Giles, even Spike says they’re his, even if I still don’t know how it’s possible.” She replied a little tetchily.



“Yes I’m not quite sure, I understand either.” Giles was going into research mode now, Buffy could see the signs. “You said they called to your demon and pulled it out?”



“Yes there is only one other person who can do that.” Spike informed them.



“Who’s that Drusilla?” Buffy asked curiously..



“No.” He said as he ran his tongue along her throat to her ear. “Your son.” He said it loud enough that Giles could hear as well.



“What are you doing?” she shivered under his assault, biting back a groan of pleasure as he nibbled gently on her earlobe.



“Getting to know my children’s mother.” He replied huskily.



“Maybe my child doesn’t need a father.” She spat at him, His words breaking the spell he was weaving over her.



“Are you daft Slayer, did you not hear me say I counted at least 3 heartbeats? There could be more. Your one year old son can now vamp out, who is going to be there for him as well as them, if I am not in their lives.” He said pointing to her stomach and then at Anthony. “I intend to claim and mate with the mother of my children.” Buffy just gaped at him, although the fierce gleam in his eye told her he was more than serious about this.



“I believe it—it is for the best if you do mate with Spike.” Giles piped up. “I also believe we might have a problem with your children having two different fathers.” Giles Was not happy with the situation, but it was already too late. Buffy was pregnant and that was that.



“You’re right, we better call peaches so we can work this out.” Spike surprisingly agreed with Giles.



“Why’s it have to be you? why can’t it be Angel? And why aren’t you surprised that I’m pregnant with your child when Vampires can’t have children.” Buffy asked getting slightly freaked out by Spikes behaviour.



Locking his arms around Buffy so she couldn’t get off of his lap Spike asked her. “Now who said Vampires can’t have children?”



“Angel did when I mentioned protection. He said ‘no need Vampires can’t have children.’”



Loosening his hold on Buffy he tried to hold his temper . “Well now, isn’t that nice, wonder what other lies he told a 17 year old.”



“What do you mean?” Giles asked.



“Why don’t you ask him, how many times he got both Darla and Dru pregnant? Because I can tell you I got Dru pregnant more times than I can remember, even managed to get Harmony pregnant once.”



At their looks of amazement he continued.



“Most Vampires cant carry them to full term, so let’s just say these are my first and will most likely go full term and be born.” He said while absently rubbing gentle circles on Buffy’s stomach.



“Dru was close about a dozen times, but never managed to keep them.” He sounded sad as he spoke, and Buffy could tell having children was important to him.



“What I am surprised about is that you only managed to have one with Peaches. Vampires don’t recreate singly unless we’re Siring.” Giles looked intrigued as did Buffy, and Spike preened at their attention for a moment before continuing.



“There are two ways for a Vampire to recreate, Siring and pregnancy. When a Vampire turns a person the host is only half taken, that’s why a lot refer to us as half breeds. Demons do reproduce as well, why do you think you see so many baby demons? the only way for them is the old fashioned way: through sexual intercourse. Vampires like to play with their food, a lot like to rape before the kill, Not me. If they were left alive more babies would be born to Vamps and humans. Also human protection will never be enough if the demon finds a suitable body to reproduce with. So that Slayer is why you are pregnant for your second time by a Vampire. Now I think it is time to call Peaches.”



“So what’s the plan? You have Giles call and tell Angel there is a problem in Sunnydale?” Buffy asked as she moved to sit on the couch.



“That pet, is entirely up to Angel, one thing he is going to fight tooth and nail is our mating.”



“Then why do it? You don’t want to be tied to me forever and I don’t want to be tied to you.”



A look of hurt crossed Spikes face. “Because Slayer whether you like it or not, it has to be done.”



“Why?” She was trying hard to be strong in all of this and stay in control of her own life.



“Why? You can’t honestly tell me you don’t know why?” Spike said getting up from the chair and going to sit by her.



“I know why you are saying it, but what about Dru? You love her, and I know you don’t love Harmony but you do love Dru.”



“Your right I do love Dru, she’s my Sire, there will always be a love for her, buts lets be honest you love Angel as well.”



“I do, that is why, and I don’t understand why Angel can’t claim me.”



Trying to keep his anger in check at her stubborn refusal to accept his offer, Spike snapped at her. “Talk to her Watcher.”



“Buffy what is so hard to grasp with Spike claiming you?” Giles asked.



“Maybe the fact that I don’t love him and he doesn’t love me, and I don’t really want to grow old with someone I don’t love.”



“So you want to grow old with Angel.” Giles asked gently.



“No Angel wouldn’t have it, did you forget he left me and his son. I don’t understand why I can’t do it alone;

I’m doing fine with Anthony.”



“Buffy you’re under 20 and from what Spike said there are 3 heartbeats which means the probability is that they will have same vampiric tendencies as Anthony.”



“I know” she said getting up.



“What are you doing Buffy?” Giles asked.



“Taking Anthony home, he needs a nap and I have to finish packing before his Father takes him for the week.”



“I wish you would stay and finish this talk.” Giles tells her.



“Listen I know both of you mean well, but I need some time to think and be alone right now. I still have to let mom know, can you at least give me that?”



“Yes it might be a good idea.” Giles agreed, he could see the tension on her face and knew it would be wrong to push her now.



Before she put Anthony back into the stroller, she stopped by Spike before bending down to whisper in his ear. “We will talk later, when we’re alone ok?”



“Alright.” He nodded in agreement.



Putting Anthony in his stroller she left.