Author's Chapter Notes:
Sorry not to much Spuffy in this chapter but next chapter will have it, possitively. Thanks again to Vampqirly for Betaing this. Again I don't own them just like to play with them.
Chapter 2 who said.



*****Back at Buffy’s Mothers house. *****



“How was Anthony’s doctors appointment?” Joyce asked when Buffy had closed the door behind them.



“Good, but I need to talk to you about something, after I put him down for this nap.” Buffy said carrying him up to his room.



“Alright honey, I’ll just be in the kitchen making us some hot chocolate to drink while we talk.” Joyce said starting to turn to the kitchen.



As her mother turned to leave Buffy continued up the stairs. “Be back in a few.” She called over her shoulder.

____________________________



Ten minutes later she came appeared in the kitchen.



“So what did you need to talk to me about?” Joyce asked placeing a hot chocolate in front of Buffy and sitting down.



Buffy ran her finger round the rim of her mug, not able to look at her mom right then. “The doctor told me why I have been so sick lately.”



“So what did he say was wrong with you?” Joyce was suddenly concerned.



“You’re not going to be happy.” Buffy replied hesitantly



“Why don’t you let me be the judge of that?” Joyce said, taking a sip of chocolate.



“A month ago Willow was so upset with Oz’s leaving she did a spell, it went wrong and she had me and Spike getting married, Giles blind and Xander a demon magnet. Well we were in love and ended up sleeping together.”



“Oh Buffy! What was Willow thinking; I’m not happy about this you know, and please tell me you used protection.”



Buffy shook her head “No, Vampires can’t have children… well that’s what I thought anyway, until the doctor told me I’m pregnant.” Buffy burst into tears.



“Oh Buffy you’re only eighteen sweetheart.” Joyce moved to comfort her.



That just made Buffy cry even harder. “I know mom, but there is more.”



“I’m listening honey and I’ll support you, you know I will.” Joyce was imagining all sorts of things at this point, but she kept it to herself, waiting for Buffy to tell her.



“I went to Giles’s after the doctor, which is why I’m so late coming home. I told Giles, and you know what? Spike wasn’t even surprised that I was pregnant with his child.”



“Well why would he be?” Joyce asked.



“Because Angel said, Vampires can’t have children, but apparently they can they just have trouble carrying them to term. Spike said that Angel has gotten both Darla and Dru pregnant lots of times over the years. Spike said he has even gotten Dru and Harmony pregnant. He also told me that once the demon picks a human to recreate with only human protection will work.” Buffy babbled.



“Oh Buffy, I’m so sorry Angel lied to you, but at least Spike is willing to tell the truth.” Joyce said tightening her arms around her.



Suddenly an idea occurred to Joyce. “What are you going to say to Angel when he comes to get Anthony tonight?”



“We’ve already called him and told him there is a problem in Sunnydale; Spike said he has to claim me as his Mate. It’s the only way to make it right in the demon world for Spike, even if Angel did leave me.”



“How do you feel about that?” Joyce asked knowing her daughters strong will.



“I don’t know, I think I just want to lie down right now.” Buffy said getting up from her chair.



“Alright honey, you have a rest and we’ll talk more later.”

_________________________________________



Later that night.



Giles got up to answer the insistent knocking at his door, opening it he was greeted to Angel’s unhappy face.



Pushing past Giles Angel moved into the lounge, not even bothering with a hello, “You said there was a problem here in Sunnydale.”



“Do come in Angel.” Giles said with a sarcastic tone.



Angel glared at Spike. “What the hell is he doing here? Is he the problem? Because I will be happy to solve it for you.” He said while pulling out a stake.



“Spike came to us for help awhile ago, it’s only recently we have started to allow him to be untied. So please do sit down and wait for Buffy to come.” Giles replied impatiently, praying that Buffy would arrive before war broke out in his living room.



Angel forced himself to sit down while continuing to rant about Spike. “Spike is evil, soulless and will kill you in your sleep.”



“I hold about as much trust in you as I do him, but we do have a problem that does involve you, Buffy and unfortunately Spike.” Giles replied as he sat at his desk, and started to clean his glasses.



“And what would that be?” Angel all but growled at the Watcher



“Again I ask that you wait for Buffy.” Giles glared back at Angel, refusing to be intimated by him



Just as the words left his mouth, Buffy appeared with Anthony. “Sorry I’m late.”



“It’s quite alright Buffy; now that you are here we can start.”



“Yes I really want to know what the problem in and why you won’t let me stake Spike.” Angel said.



“Of course you would so you can rush in and save the day, you always forget that I am capable of fixing things as well.” Buffy said angrily.



“Well you need my help, this time don’t you?” Angel said his tone matching Buffy’s.



“Not really, I can do it by myself and with Spike and Giles help.” She replied



“You’re letting Spike help you.” Angel said in disbelief



“Why not he’s helped us before.”



“Then why did Giles call me and ask for help.” Angel asked, confused.



“Actually I told you we have a situation, which very much involves you as well as Buffy, Spike and Anthony. You took it upon yourself to see a problem.” Giles informed him.



“Yeah well anything Spike is involved there is a problem.” Angel threw back at Giles.



“Alright you want to know why you were called to come down earlier than scheduled?” Buffy asked, fed up with Angels attitude.



“Yes.” Angel said as he picked Anthony up.



Moving closer to Spike, Buffy sat down. “The problem was Oz left Willow, she did a spell which went wrong. She turned Giles blind, Xander a demon magnet, she also said the Spike and I should get married. See Angel? Spike and me? We were in love, we kind of did some things.” She paused for a second. “Actually more than once, but that’s beside the point… and now.” She got quiet again for a minute.

Before she could finish Angel interuppted. “You’re pregnant.” He said in a flat tone.



“Yes and they are Spike’s.”



“Now can you see why you are needed Angel.” Giles asked.



Angel looked at Spike. “What are you going to do about it?”



“About the only thing that can be done.” Spike stated calmly.



“So you claim her, then what? Anthony is here in Sunnydale as well.” Angel said.



“First I’m gonna mate with Buffy, then I was hoping to do a family protection claim on Anthony.”



Angel burst out laughing. “What makes you think Buffy or I will go for it, and do we even have any proof they,” He gestured at Buffy’s belly, “Are yours.”



Standing up, Buffy moved closer to Spike, “Who said I won’t Angel? And are you accusing me of sleeping around?” Buffy was furious, “Show him Spike.”



Spike took Buffys hand and pulled her to him, bending his head down, he rested it against her belly, listening to the heartbeats, as he had done earlier. When he pulled away he was vamped out, lifting his head he pulled Buffy to straddle his lap, tucking her head near his shoulder, and wrapping his arms around her. Buffy didn’t fight him, she merely accepted the tacit comfort he was offering her, in light of Angels accusations and assumptions and she snuggled closer.



Putting his chin on Buffy’s shoulder he addressed Angel, in full vamp face. “See peaches they’re mine, no one else would be able to draw out my demon like that.” He said as he continued to hold Buffy, gently running his hand up and down her back.



“How can you allow him to hold her like that, do you not remember who he is?” Angel asked beside himself at the spectacle before him.



“Spike won’t hurt her.” Giles informed him matter of factly.



“Do you not remember he has made a career of killing Slayers?” Angel asked incredulously



“And yet again I’m telling you… Spike will not hurt Buffy.” Giles said a hint of Ripper shining through.



The conversation was interrupted as Xander, Anya, Willow and Tara came bundling through the door.



“Will did you make them engaged again?” Xander asked as he saw Buffy and Spike cuddled up together.



“Nope no magic all day.” Willow replied shooting nervous glances between Angel, Giles and Buffy.



“Is it safe for Buffy to be that close to a Vamped out Spike?” Xander asked a little hysterically.



“Stop it Xander you know he can’t hurt us.” Willow said hitting his arm lightly.



Spike shook off his demon face and grinned at them.



“They’re beautiful.” Tara said with a reverential tone while looking at Buffy and Spike.



“Excuse me this is Spike with Buffy we’re talking about.” Angel scoffed.



Tara continued on as if she never even heard him. “The colours… they are so beautiful, can’t you see all the lovely colours surrounding them, Willow?”



“That’s right I forgot that you read auras Tara.” Giles smiled at the blonde witch.



“So why is Buffy sitting on the evil undead anyways?” Xander asked, as he sat down with Anya.



“Well it seems, Willows spell had some… consequences.” Giles informed them.



“Like?” Willow asked then said worriedly. “Oh no you’re not blind again are you?”



Buffy moved to get off of Spikes lap, but he let her turn around but not move away from him.



“No Wills, Giles can see, it’s me. I’m pregnant and they’re Spikes, from you know when we were under the spell.” Buffy said slightly embarrassed.



“If you don’t mind Giles, I think I need to talk with Buffy and Spike alone.” Angel said getting up and handing the soundly sleeping Anthony to Giles.



Buffy and Spike followed Angel out into the courtyard.



Turning to face them, Angel regarded his errant Childe and the love of his life. “Alright here’s the deal, I don’t like it, but Spike is right, it’s the only thing that can be done. Now if I see something I don’t like, I will either dust him or challenge the claim making you mine, Buffy. Is that understood?”



“Where not always going to agree.” Spike told Angel.



“You can disagree Spike, it’s if you are planning something evil to hurt her or her friends, I don’t understand why they believe you can’t hurt them but I am putting my son in your hands as well, hurt him and you are dust.”



Spike nodded his acceptance, amazed at how easily Angel had accepted the idea.



“Now I imagine you want to buy a house, if you want you can use the mansion.” Angel said handing him the keys.



“Thanks” Spike said taking the keys. “But I will have to think about it, kind of had something else in mind.”



“The next and last thing to address is my son. He is, and will always be my son; I will let you do the family protection claim on him as I am not in Sunnydale. BUT I will continue to see him as I am doing now; I don’t want to ever hear him refer to you as his father, are we clear.”



“Spike would never take Anthony away from you.” Buffy said, amazed that Angel could think such a thing. In all the time she had known Spike, he would never have stopped that low, however much he disliked Angel.



“I hope you are right, I’m going to go and get Anthony and then I have to be going.” Angel told her.



“I’ll see you in a week.” Angel kiss her on the forehead and went back inside.



Taking her in his arms Spike said. “I think we got as much of an approval as we are going to ever get, luv.”



“Yeah I guess you're right.”