Author's Chapter Notes:
Disclaimer: I don’t own these guys and everybody knows it or I would be sipping fancy drinks on an island right now and paying someone else to type this stuff. WARNING: there will be explicit sex and some odd twist. This is a short that came to me while I was suffering from a head cold ……..LOL…….I KNOW the time lines are wrong and some things are off cannon but I DON’T CARE it is needed for the story. Bash my spelling or grammar all you want but please don’t leave feed back about how this and that did not exist in the same time or this person was not on the show……ect. IT’S A STORY. Enjoy it or sod off.
Angel was not happy. Doyle got some vision that said the Scoobies needed to come to LA for a week. He was being rather cryptic but stubborn as usual. Angel finally called Giles and asked them to come. They arranged to have Faith watch the hellmouth and packed up to spend a week in LA.

Cordy reluctantly agreed to have a few stay at her apartment. When they got there she was not real happy. They decided to stop there first before the rest headed to the Hotel for the day. Willow, Oz, Xander, and Giles got out and greeted Cordy. The car following them held the remaining Scoobies. Cordy gasp as Buffy walked up with Spike beside her. Something was different about him from when she saw him last.

“It’s ok Cordy he wont hurt you.” Buffy told her. Giles then spoke up, “Yes well Cordilla, this is why we asked if some of the group can stay here. As you can guess this will not go over very well with Angel.” Cordy rolled her eyes, “Ya think?” The door to the apartment opened but no one was there. Cordilla rolled her eyes again, “Okay everybody in before the neighbors get worried.” The group shuffled into the apartment.

The gang looked around and Willow finally spoke, “Wow Cordy nice place you got heeeerrrrre…….(Squeak)” Willow was pointing at a book that was putting itself on to the book shelf. Cordilla looked to where she was pointing. “Dennis stop that. You are scarring our guest. Remember they can exorcise you.” Cordy said into thin air before looking at the confused group, “Got a ghost for a roommate. Long story but he’s the one who invited the 80’s reject to stay.” She then watched as Dennis took Spike and Buffy’s bags to the spare room. Spike smiled, “Thanks Mate.”

The rest of the night was spent talking about what had happened since seeing each other last and remembering old times at hellmouth high. After a few hours the rest of the Scoobies headed to the hotel. Cordy, Buffy and Spike would be meeting them in the morning.

The Scoobies gang had talked about how to handle the Spike and Buffy issue with Angel. First they told Doyle and Wesley about it and they sat Angel down and Doyle told him Spike had to be here. No one had yet told Angel about the relationship between the two.

Mean while Spike and Buffy had talked about plans of their own to keep them safe from the wrath of Angel and Angelus. Funny thing was that the PTB seem to be helping them. Cordy was called out for an audition and that left the blonde ones alone in the apartment with the ghost. Giles was the only one with any idea of what the two had planned. He knew they had already marked each other and that they would have to make a mating claim soon. It would have happened any way but now they had to have it in place before they faced Angel or he would kill Spike. With Cordy gone for a while this was the perfect time for the two to complete the ritual.

Buffy walked over to Spike and kissed him softly on the lips. The sweet kiss soon turned into something deeper more needy. Cloths were tossed aside piece by piece until the two lovers were falling on the bed, skin against skin. Spike kissed down her neck, across her shoulders, down her stomach and then to her hips, knees, ankles; everywhere but where she desperately wanted him too. He smiled against her skin as she growled in frustration. He made his way back up until finally he was drinking in her scent before licking her slit with just the tip of his tongue. He loved everything about her, her taste, her smell, everything. After a moment he growled and began to really enjoy what he was doing.

Buffy’s brain had shut down. It was hard to think when one was in a hazy cloud of lust and ecstasy with the man you love. She finally screamed out his name as she came hard. He didn’t wait for her to come down from the first orgasm before he had moved up her body and slammed into her. Violently thrusting he grabbed her hips lifting her so his thrust went deeper. Before she knew it she was flying again.

She knew she would have bruises on her hips from his fingers digging in but she didn’t care as long as he didn’t stop. She loved the feeling of completion she felt every time he was buried deep inside her. There where times when she would be more than happy to freeze time with him inside her, his arms around her surrounding her, protecting her, consuming her, loving her. Nothing in her life had ever been as intense as the feeling Spike created in her.

Hours seemed to have gone by. Spike finally felt his orgasm coming on. He knew she was close herself then something happened. He felt another presence enter his body. He suddenly found himself in his mindscape. It was a meadow. William was reading a book under a tree, Spike looked around and saw someone else here, he growled.

“Calm down Spike it’s me Dennis. I know this is strange but this is why the PTB brought you here. You have to stay for the week but I will be here with you for the next few days. The Powers want this union but they are helping it along. I have been given temporary power to strengthen this union. There will be more powerful beings than Angelus who will try to hurt your new family. With the little boost from me, you and the Slayer will create a new line and your family line will protect the world forever.” Dennis finished at looked smiling at Spike.

William had quietly joined them. “What about us? We love her. We are doing this out of that love and not for the Powers purposes.” William asked surprising both Spike and Dennis. Dennis smiled and whispered something to the two. The three now had one goal, claim Buffy. Buffy felt something was different but she couldn’t think clearly to even try and understand. All she could do was feel as Spike thrust into her harder and faster. Finally he leaned forward and bit her where he had placed his mark a few days before.

This mark erased all others. Spike growled, as he looked it her eyes. Her blood was still on his lips as he spoke, “Mine, Eternal Mate, Beloved I make a blood vow to be yours only, to fight by your side and watch your back, to love you and look after you for as long as we both shall walk this plane our very souls are bound to each other. I do this freely both Man and Demon.”

Buffy bit his neck where she had marked him previously. Drusilla’s bite vanished and her took its place. She was licking the blood from her lips when she looked into his eyes once more, “My equal in battle, my friend, my Eternal Mate, Beloved I make this blood vow with you to love you, fight by your side, protect you when called and keep you as long as we both walk this earth. I freely bind my soul to yours both woman and Slayer. Mine” They both bit again. Spike threw his head back as they both screamed “yours” as they came. Buffy again felt something was different before she passed out with Spike beside her.

While passed out Buffy and Spike found they were standing in a field similar to the one Spike was in before. Dennis walked up to the couple. Spike said hello as he pulled Buffy to him. Dennis smiled, “Welcome Slayer Buffy, Spike I wanted to tell you the not even the Powers themselves could separate you two now. You will find many things have changed when you wake up. For the next three days I will be with you to guide and help you. Be warned I will be inducing sleep at sunrise for five hours of training here in the mindscape. Later you will be able to come here to train yourselves. It will link you further and help you learn faster. Train here for five hours then practice in the waking world for three. You must also meditate for one hour a day as your minds will need the rest. You will be faster, stronger, and not have the same weaknesses. Buffy the Slayer line lies with Faith. Your inner Slayer demon will be brought forward and Spike’s demon suppressed somewhat. As you are joined soul to soul what happens to one does to the other. I shall leave you now to spar for a while. Others will awake you I will be here to answer your question at sunrise.” With that he vanished.

Spike and Buffy kissed and spared and made love on the mindscape until something woke them up. It was Giles and he was frantic. They both came awake enough to try and figure out what was happening. Dennis floated clothing to the bonded couple. “Thanks mate” Spike told him then realized he could see him. Buffy to gasp when she saw the ghost as well. Giles was staring at them. “Um, Giles can you give us a minute to get dress and we will come out to discus what ever the problem is.” Buffy asked. Giles nodded and said “hurry” before closing the door. Dennis looked at them, “Fear not, they found a prophesy and Wesley deciphered it wrong. Angel is on his way here as he felt the change in his line. I will help you set them to rights.” He said before disappearing to give them privacy.

Buffy and Spike came into the living room and found Dennis had gathered their discarded clothing while they slept. They looked at Giles, “Giles the prophesy was deciphered in correctly. When the rest get here we will explain. First we have to deal with Angel. Cordy we will try to stop him form breaking anything but if he does he will replace it. A lot has changed and we are beyond bonded Mates. We are bonded by the PTB heart, mind, and souls.” Spike said causing Giles to gasp.

Willow and Tara saw the two of them through there sight and gasp, “Um Giles, their very auras are blended to one. I see a black then a rainbow then bright white that radiates from them like wings. I think on some level they ascended.” Willow said her voice filled with awe. Tara could just nod in agreement.

Buffy looked at Dennis who nodded as well, “Dennis says you are correct. The PTB have him training us on the dreamscape for the next few days. We will train a few hours a day on what we learn there in the real world and we must meditate an hour a day to let our minds sleep. Giles I think we may need you help with discovering all the changes. He said Faith will pass on the Slayer line. The way he said it I do not think I am a Slayer anymore. I think my slayer demon and Spikes vampire demon have bonded as well. I think we may be some kind of hybrid of both.” Buffy said just as the door opened and Angel came bursting through with the sun chasing him.

Angel saw Spike and then saw red. He charged at his wayward Childe one thought on his mind **Spike touched what was mine** Buffy rolled her eyes not realizing she hear what he was thinking. As he grabbed for Spike he found himself caught instead. Spike spun out of his way and together he and Buffy grabbed Angel holding him as the pushed him to the floor. “Stop Angelus you shall not touch my Mate” they both said as one. Angel struggled but he could not break their hold on him. Then he felt the marks on them.

He finally submitted and they let him up. Part of him screamed that they were his, his Childe, His future Mate, He was Master of his line. Angelus on the other hand submitted to them easily and was very scared of them for some reason. His heart broke knowing they would never belong to him again. He brooded in the corner when they let him up.

Wesley arrived not long after and they started explaining things and correcting the prophecy. “The prophecy is simple it is just written in different languages. It reads:

One born of light and one of dark
Natural born enemies find a spark
To one another they will cling
Go against the natural grain
Soul to soul they become one
Sharing life, love, and sun
Their progeny will protect the world
No longer left to just one girl
A balance they must maintain
Not bad nor good not wild or tame

Spike and Buffy recited in unison.

Buffy looked up and explained, “Dennis says it will start with us. Spike and I have joined the Slayer line and the Aurelian line into one of our own. Our future family will be tie to the Slayers. Our sons will find Slayers as mates and a new line of protectors will be born. No watchers to rule them but friends to guide them and Parents to watch over them. Spike and I will be around until the PTB give us our rest. A child and his mate will take our place down the line but I feel that will be a long time coming. Once a Slayer has found her mate another will be called until our family has grown enough to protect the world on its own. Then children of our children will keep the line much like Adam and Eve did. The PTB see a time when the old ones will try to return and we must be ready and have forces in place to deal with them again.” Buffy finished as looked around at a very surprised crowd.

As much as he hated it even Angel understood now. Spike walked over to the brooding vampire who was once his grandsire. “Angel” he said softly, “We still want you in our lives. We want you to be godfather for our first son. He will need more than just what we can teach him. I have been shown that you have a different path. If you follow the clues and stay on the path then you will fulfill your Shanshu and find your own mate. If you fall off the path we will be there to kick your butt till you figure it out.”

Angel smiled a bit as his heart eased. He wouldn’t be left alone. “Ye think ye can best me boy? Without your mate an’ the fancy tricks ye gained?” Angel asked smiling not noticing his old accent coming forth. Spike smirked at him, “Yep Grandpa I can. I also told Cordy if you broke anything you would take her shopping to replace it. You know women you replace one thing you have to replace the rest or they won’t match.” Angel shook his head, “Another time in my training room then. I would be happy to be the boy’s godfather.”

Buffy walked over to them, “You will always be family Angel. You hold a special place in both of our hearts.” Angel smiled at her torn between happiness at her words and sadness that we only had part of it. Spike pulled him into a hug that Buffy joined. “We may not belong to you anymore but you will always belong to us.” He whispered to Angel. Angel felt a connection snap into place. It was like he felt for his Sire and his Childer all combined into one. He looked into their eyes as they nodded. He felt for the mark Darla had left but found it gone. “When your destiny has been fulfilled you will wear our mark on more than just your heart.” The two whispered to him in unison.

Over the next few years the couple grew in power. They moved like one person, they talked telepathically, they learned from Tara and Willow that they could now do magic and trained with that as well. Through empathic abilities and their telepathy they could read strong surface thoughts and feelings from others. They were stronger and faster than any demon they had ever fought. They looked for teachers to teach any fighting skill they could learn. They taught what they could to the others as well. When the first big battle came they were a tight precise fighting unit that would make any military leader drool with envy. A year to the day of there bonding they got married. Over time with their changes Spike had gained a heartbeat and lost his aversion to the sun. He needed blood but an occasional sip from Buffy was all he needed. She in turn needed his as well. Once a month they renewed their claim on each other solidifying their bond and meeting the blood requirement for the month.

Faith found out she had a fifteen year old little sister who found her after running away from child services. Buffy and Spike knew the truth, that she was a special energy made human and given a connection to the Slayer so she would be safe. They all adopted Hope into their family. Joyce even got custody of the girls so no one could take them away. They started training her to hunt with them. Other hunters heard about the group and made contact. Soon they were networking and training each other. The council was still a problem but one that was dealt with easy enough. Other hunters where called in to help when they faced Glory who turned out to be no match for the group even if she was one of the hardest things they had fought.

The initiative came to town as one Riley Finn was all about Faith and being a soldier. That is until he learned they were not there to study and eliminate demons but that the government wanted to study the Slayer and her group. He turned spy for them and got himself killed by the monster ADAM. Buffy and Spike were about to reach the monster when he killed Riley and Faith went supper slayer on it.

None of them had known how close the two had gotten. Faith always flitted about from one guy to another. None of them lasted very long before she was done with them. From the way she had ripped the creature apart Riley had actually meant something to her. After that she had a death wish and got killed by a group of demons one night while out alone. They all cried over her grave. They didn’t have to look far for the new slayer as Hope was called when Faith died. They later found out another was called but the council had her tucked safely away from the group.

A week or two after Faith died Buffy found out she was pregnant. When they found out she was having twins was when they figured out about the second slayer and sent a call through their network looking for her. When the boys, Dennis Rupert and Liam Riley were born was when the bringers started attacking. They sent an all points out to the hunters telling them how to kill them and to bring any girl they were after straight to Buffy and Spike.

They took over the Angel’s old mansion and obtain Cordy’s old place as well. Any Watchers who could be saved were brought there as well. The slayer crew set up at the mansion and the potentials and Slayers at the Chase house. Mega wards were placed on everybody’s places. Angel and crew were called in to help.

It didn’t take long with all of them training the girls and a few hunters who asked if they could help. When the First blew up the council the other Slayer Amanda found her way to the group as well. It was ironic because Amanda was born in Sunnydale and lived there until she was ten and the watchers took her. It didn’t take long to deprogram the girl and make a proper Slayer of her.

Buffy was upset by the losses. Four out of every five potentials made it to her. They had to buy a run down frat house to put the over flow into and it was still cramped. They were very surprised to find so many potentials and of various ages. Some were less than a year old, while most were fifteen or sixteen. A few who knew how to fight were trained and sent to hunters. That lightened the load on the Slayer Crew but also helped as the Potentials recognized others like them quicker than the Hunters did. Joyce was over whelmed but very happy to be foster mother to the children. She watched the babies and her grand children. Some of the Potentials took turns helping her with that.

When the battle finally came nearly three hundred trained potentials entered the hellmouth. Hope carried the Scythe, Angel wore the amulet but was instructed to take it off and hold it when it activated. When the battle ended the entire school was once again underground. The hellmouth was closed, Angel was singed and now human. The girls were given a choice to return home until called with a watcher checking in to train them from time to time or staying and working with them.

Those who chose to stay were home schooled so they would not miss school if something came up. They were assigned to a hunter, who volunteered and passed the watcher’s test and background check. They learned in the field away from the more dangerous areas like the hellmouth. They did their work through correspondence and if they lived past the age of calling they could continue to fight or find lives for themselves. Most took the second option as their families had been killed by the bringers. A few had their families move to Sunnydale so they could go to a “special school” there.

Joyce found herself the temporary Watcher of three girls, Anna age 3 years, Lucy age 6 months, and Dawn age 7 years. Buffy and Spike ended up with Rebecca age 14 years and her twin brother Ryan. Giles took in Lilly and Miki age ten years. Willow and Tara got a place and took Morgaine age 6 years, Samantha age 4 years. They also ended up with a 6 month old named Taren. Taren was the little brother of a potential named Ashma. A hunter found him after being to late to save his sister or parents.

Cordy and Angel took two little girls who were just born when they were attacked. Hunters managed to save the girls who were in the hospital. They had not even been named yet and their mothers were missing or dead. They promised to look after them and help search for their families. Until then they called them Amber and Sarah. Wesley and Xander started searching for hunters not on the network and for potential watchers to replace the old one. The few who survived the First’s attack on them had to be reeducated.

With in the next year things settled down and a few “nonexistent” government agencies contacted them about training their operatives. After negotiated a few details and warning them if they used the knowledge for evil purposes or experimentation as the Initiative did that the council would take them down, they agreed. It was not long before even the Order of Taraka would not take a job on a Council trained operative.

In the years to follow Buffy and Spike adopted children and natural children and grand children cover the globe. The darkness was kept at bay and the majority of the hellmouths were closed. Many of the demons that worked for the darkness found Earth to much trouble and stayed out of its dimension. Non violent demons found refuge here. The old ones tried to take back the Earth in a final battle but lost. Those who survived agreed to leave the Earth alone. Buffy and Spike had been fighting for over five hundred years when they were at last allowed to rest and ascended to a higher plane to watch over their progeny. For now the Earth was safe and well protected. The Balance maintained, but nothing last forever and when they are needed again Warrior of the light will return once again.