[Reviews - 34] LikedPrinter
Summary: After Buffy’s death, Spike wants nothing more than to fall to dust. There’s only one problem, he and every other member of the undead seem to have become even more indestructible than usual. Forced to remain in a world he would happily trade for Hell, Spike must deal with his grief, the suspension of previously inviolable mystical laws, and a broken promise to a lady.
Rated: 18
Categories: General Fics Characters: None
Genres: Action, Angst
Warnings: Violence, Adult Language, Character Death
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 11 Completed: No
Word count: 26578 Read: 13402
Published: 03/31/2007 Updated: 09/03/2007

1. Chapter 1 by weyrwolfen [Reviews - 3] Liked (2398 words)
Fair warning, this fic deals with Spike's feelings for the slayer, but she's going to stay dead for most, if not all, of this story. Huge thanks to my beta, Schehrezade, who tells me that yes, I seem to be able to write angst.

The title comes from the real name of the Egyptian Book of the Dead: The Book of Going Forth By Day. Does that mean that this is the Egyptian mythology fic that I mentioned at WriterCon? Yes it does.

2. Chapter 1 by weyrwolfen [Reviews - 3] Liked (1874 words)
Still here, just had a bit of a hectic month with travelling all over for research and moving back to school. Thanks again to Schehrezade for all of her help!

3. Chapter 2 by weyrwolfen [Reviews - 7] Liked (1906 words)
Massive hugs to Schehrezade for knocking off this fic's rough edges. Forgot to mention in the last post, the translation of The Book of the Dead that I'm using is by Dr. Raymond Faulkner. Props to him. And okay, I'll admit it, this fic is new territory for me, and I'm spazzing all over the place over it. Feedback is much appreciated.

4. Chapter 3 by weyrwolfen [Reviews - 3] Liked (2682 words)
Back from Panama, sorry about the delay. Thanks as usual to my fantastic beta, Schehrezade!

5. Chapter 4 by weyrwolfen [Reviews - 6] Liked (3040 words)

6. Chapter 5 by weyrwolfen [Reviews - 2] Liked (2166 words)
Back now, promise. Real life has been a right fiend lately, but I'm on summer break for the next few months. Thanks again to Schenrezade for being the best (most patient) beta ever. Hope you guys haven't all given up on me.

7. Chapter 6 by weyrwolfen [Reviews - 2] Liked (2899 words)

8. Chapter 7 by weyrwolfen [Reviews - 1] Liked (2735 words)

9. Chapter 8 by weyrwolfen [Reviews - 2] Liked (2481 words)
I thought that I might take this opportunity to give everyone a gentle nudge in the direction of the Fang Fetish Awards Best of Round.

http://www.athenewolfe.com/fangfetish/

Voting is open through July 10th and you'll find a few of my fics amongst a sea of crazy stiff competition (re: great reads, check 'em out). If you feel so inclined, drop by and cast your vote.

10. Chapter 9 by weyrwolfen [Reviews - 3] Liked (1950 words)
Thanks as usual to Schehrezade, beta extraordinaire, and to those of you who are sticking with me, even though my posting schedule has been pretty icky. Apologies.

11. Chapter 10 by weyrwolfen [Reviews - 2] Liked (2447 words)
I swear I haven't forgotten you guys! Research has just been taking all of my time. But I'm back now, and hoping that you haven't forgotten me in turn. Thanks as usual to Schehrezade for keeping me honest.