Author's Chapter Notes:
i thought i'd give you guys two chapters to start off with...all my other updates will be one chapter at a time though...please read and review!!
Chapter 2: Is This Real?

Buffy walked into the Bronze, and looked for Willow and Xander. She looked around and spotted the two friends chatting away. Willow had a huge smile on her face, as Xander was obviously telling her jokes.

Buffy felt bad because Willow obviously liked Xander. A lot. Really a lot. But he seemed to be hung up on someone else. Namely her. But she was leaning more towards the sexy platinum blonde vampire with a soul she had just met.

He was hot and all but, Spike probably didn’t have time to deal with a seventeen year old outside of business related stuff. Which reminded her…Giles was gunna want to know about her little encounter with Spike.

He should be here any moment. Her, Willow, Xander and Giles had a meeting dealing with ‘what’s to come’ as Giles always put it.

“Hey guys…what’s the what?” Buffy’s giddy smile shone through her words, and didn’t go unnoticed by the redhead.

“Nothin really…Xander was telling me some ‘Yo mamma’ jokes. The slang was horrible but the punch lines definitely made the cut. So what’s with super shiny Buffy?” Willow asked with a smile of her own.

“Yeah, Buff…you look like a 6 year old at Christmas.” Xander commented taking a large bite of his burger.

“I’m just happy!” she stated slipping into the empty chair. “And I have some good news…I’ll dish when Giles shows up. Where is he anyway?” Buffy asked looking around.

“Right here. Sorry I’m late…I had to take care of a few things.” Giles said sitting down.

“Watcher stuff?” Xander asked popping a fry in his mouth.

“Yes…conference call.” He replied glumly.

“Well…good news or bad? Please say good cause I’m not really in the ‘getting killed’ mood.” Willow said with a hopeful look, as she fidgeted with her hands.

“I’m sorry to say, it’s not good. Something’s coming…I don’t know what but we have to be prepared.” The watcher declared.

“And prepared we shall be. And on a much more positive note: We have a new team player. Good guy. He wants to help. His name is Spike and he’s…” Buffy stopped when she felt the tingle on the back of her neck. She felt him before she saw him walk through the door. “…here.” She finished softly. “I’ll be right back, kay?” She didn’t take her eyes off him while she spoke. Without waiting for an answer, she got up and walked over to him.

“Spike? What the hell kinda name is Spike? And did you see the way she got all day dreamy when she saw him, too?” Xander asked rhetorically. “Spike…stupid name.” He mumbled to himself playing with his cold fries.

Buffy merrily walked up to him and smiled brightly at him. “Hey, Spike! Decide to show up after all?”

“Yeah…had nowhere else to go and, thought I’d check out the hot spot you kids hang at nowadays.” Spike looked around and raised a brow at the way a couple was pretty much sucking each others mouths off in the most unattractive way.

“Well, this would be it. The only hot spot in Sunnydale. So, ‘us kids’? How old are you?” Buffy asked curiously with a mischievous look.

“Let’s just say I laps you and your mother more that once.” Spike replied cryptically.

“Well, you age very well. You don’t look a day over 20.” Buffy joked whole-heartedly. “So you down to meet the Scoobies?”

“The who?” Spike asked confused.

“Our little anti-evil gang. Containing, Giles the watcher, Willow the soon to be witch and Xander…well we haven’t found anything for him yet. And then there’s Cordelia. She’s just there to cheer us on, but she doesn’t even do that good. She’s more negative then anything, actually.” Buffy explained walking Spike to the table.

“You’re friends know you’re the Slayer?” Spike asked surprised.

“Yeah, but not because I wanted them to. Willow and Xander eavesdropped on Giles and me havin a ‘talk’. They wanted to help, and wouldn’t take ‘no’ for an answer. They can be very persuasive.” Buffy commented.

“And this Cordelia?” Spike asked with a raised brow.

“Oh, she got herself caught up in a vampy situation, and I got her out of it. Since they all knew what I was, they all decided to stick around, and help out as much as they could.” She finished as they reached the table.

“Guys, this is Spike…Spike this is the gang…minus Cordelia.” She added as an after thought.

“Spike.” Xander grumbled, with his head down, as much venom and hatred that he could muster put into the word.

“Xander…” Buffy said warningly. “Giles, Spike is a vampire, but a good one. He’s got a soul.” Buffy said reassuringly.

“And we should trust him why?” Xander asked looking at Buffy with disbelieve.

“Because I do. Look he knows stuff…and he can help, so he’s part of the team, got it?” Buffy looked at the group and all agreed except for Xander. She figured that he wouldn’t go along with it as well as the others. After he reluctantly nodded, Buffy turned to Spike. “So, apparently something bad’s coming. Got any idea?”

“Something big and bad. Maybe the kiddies should sit out on this one.” Spike responded, glancing over at Xander and Willow, and giving Xander an exceptionally dirty look. He didn’t like him and he got the vibe that he was into the Slayer, and that didn’t sit to well with him.

He wasn’t gunna deny it…she was damn cute. And his demon was begging him to take her. But he had to control himself. This was business and he didn’t want to screw things up. Their relationship had to be strictly professional.

“We’ve been patrolling with Buffy before, we know what we’re doing.” Xander retorted.

“You may have done so…staked a vamp or two before. But what’s coming…fledglings don’t even compare to.” Spike returned calmly. He didn’t want to get too angry with the boy; he might have ended up killing him. He may have a soul, but this poofter was grinding on his last nerve, and he only just met him! The only reason he refrained from doing so, was because he knew that Buffy would stake him right and proper. He would crumble to the ground, and so would his chances of ever saving her.

“Well what is it?” Buffy asked a little nervous.

“Angelus and his sire Darla. Both very dangerous vampires. Them and two other vampires were known as the ‘Scourge of Europe’. Darla was sired by the Master: the oldest vampire known to the underworld.” Spike explained. He decided to keep the other vampires names quiet for now. Too much info too soon, would just scare them.

“So, how old are they, exactly?” Willow asked hesitantly.

“Darla’s 4. Angelus is 2 and a half.” Spike looked around for the bar. He really needed a drink right about now. Just thinking about they’re massacres and slaughters made his skin crawl.

“Years? Aw well that’s nothing! We can take ‘em down no problem.” Xander exclaimed proudly.

“Centuries. 4 and 2 and a half centuries old.” Spike corrected. “They like to play mind games…especially Angelus. There was a girl in the 1700’s that Angelus sired. She had visions, and she knew he was coming for her. He kidnapped her, tortured her, murdered her family in front of her…then turned her. He made her insane. He called her his ‘masterpiece’.” Spike finished, happy that a waitress with a tray of beers was walking by. He snatched one up, without her noticing. Whoever this beer was suppose to go to: Sorry, but I need it more than you do.

“Well a nut-job vampire isn’t what I need right now. Do you know where she is?” Buffy asked running her hand through her hair.

“Uhh…last I heard somewhere in Brazil. She’s not with them, so we don’t have to worry about her.” Spike gulped down half of his beer.

“What about the other one?” Giles asked curiously.

“What?” The look on Spike’s face was blank.

“You said ‘Them and two other vampires’. You already told us about one…but what about the other one?” Giles clarified for the vampire. He knew he read something about the Scourge of Europe back when he was studying to become a Watcher.

“Oh…yeah, you don’t have to worry about him…he left the group long time ago. No one’s seen him since.” He supplied shortly.

“Scourge of Europe…yes! I remember now! I was taught about them while studying with the Council. The group consisted of Darla, Angelus, Drusilla and William the Bloody. But after the late 1970’s, no one has heard a thing about William.” Giles told the group.

“William the Bloody? That name kind of scares me. Obviously he has that name for a reason…and it’s seems…dare I say: bloody.” Buffy said almost uneasily. Not much scared her, but she was getting a bad feeling about this.

“Well, he did kill two slayers in his time.” Giles threw in.

Buffy was getting more freaked by the moment. Both Spike and Giles claimed that he was nowhere to be found, but she had this weird feeling that he’d show his face sometime soon.

Spike was trying his hardest to act normal. He hoped that the watcher didn’t know anymore than that. He didn’t want Buffy to find out like this.

“Spike…is there anything else about Darla and Angelus that we should know about? Do you have any idea when they’re coming?” Buffy asked, trying to sound as business-like as possible.

“Soon. Very soon…be on guard at all times. You’re not going on you’re patrols alone anymore, I’ll be coming with you. No one goes out at night by themselves.” Spike demanded, with pointed looks to everyone at the table. He may not like the boy, but even he didn’t want him to incur the wrath of Darla and Angelus. Darla would eat him alive.

“Um, last time I checked…I was aloud to do what I want. Who’s Mr. I-got-stuck-somewhere-in-the-80’s?” Cordelia walked up and raised her eyebrow at the back of Spike’s head.

Spike turned around and Cordelia’s face quickly went to one of complete awe. “You must be Cordelia.” He asked indifferently.

Cordelia threw on a charming smile. “So, you’ve heard of me? Good things I hope.” She said with a laugh. Blondie is oh-so-hot, soon oh-so-mine.

“Not in the least.” Buffy replied with a sweet tone, and an innocent smile.

Cordy turned to Buffy. “Well coming from you that would be expected. Trust me there plenty of not so good things I could say about you too. Like that time in Mr. Leeman’s class, that I know I will remember for the rest of my life.” Cordy said with an amused laugh. “Shall I continue? ” She retorted nastily.

“Um, let’s not get into that!” Willow jumped in. “I-it doesn’t really need to be said…we all get you’re point Cordy.” Willow defended her friend. Buffy looked over at Willow and mouthed ‘thank you’.

Cordy turned back to Spike, smile back on her face. “So, what’s you’re name, and why are you hanging out with Buffy Summers?” she asked distastefully.

“Spike…and business.” He didn’t like this girl already. She had major attitude problem. Someone needs to pull the bitch stick out of her ass, and snap back to reality.

“Oh! So you know all about demons and stuff?” Cordy asked dumbly. The rest of the group tried extremely hard to hide their giggles and snickers, at how incredibly ‘valley girl’ she sounded at that exact moment.

“Yeah…I know about ‘demons and stuff’. I am one.” Spike said coolly.

“Buffy!” Cordelia shrieked with wide eyes. As the slayer looked over at her blankly, the brunette continued. “Vampire, hello! Stake him.” She finished as if it was the most obvious thing for her to do, gesturing with her hands to stake him.

“For once, I’m gunna side with Cordy on this.” Xander mumbled to himself.

“I’m not going to stake him.” Buffy stated firmly, her hands on her hips.

“Why not? It’s your job! What are we protecting them now?” Cordy asked rhetorically.

“Oh-well…it’s just that, Spike is good. There’s no need to stake him if he isn’t gunna hurt us, or anyone else. Spike’s got a soul.” Willow chimed in, quickly rambling out their explanation.

“What a bunch of crap! He probably just pulled that out of some Anne Rice novel.” Cordelia flipped her hair off her shoulder. “Anyways, I have better things to do like not ruining my reputation by hanging out with freaks.” She flashed a sarcastically sweet smile, before turning away and walking to the dance floor.

“Well…she’s a breath of fresh air. Thank God I don’t breathe.” Spike remarked with a look of relief.

“Yeah she really knows how to make her first impressions really stab.” Willow chimed in with a slightly mocking tone.

“Yeah…she’s so hot when she’s angry.” Xander concluded with a dreamy smile. Off the unbelievable looks his friends were giving him, he snapped back to reality. “I said that out loud, didn’t I?”

Buffy shook her head with a frown and turned to look at Giles. “So that’s it pretty much? There’s nothing else demon related we should know about?” Buffy asked eagerly.

Spike noted that she seemed pretty enthused with her calling, which surprised him.

“No, Buffy. There is nothing else…I will depart, and leave you to ‘party and chill’, as you kids seem to put it nowadays.” Giles said in a disinterested and defeated tone.

“Yay! Thank Giles…you’re the best watcher a slayer could ask for!” She gave him a hug, as Willow and Xander happily made there way to the dance floor.

So much for being enthused about her calling. Spike inwardly chuckled.

“I will see you tomorrow, Buffy…Spike.” He acknowledged with a nod, which in turn, nodded back.

Once Giles was gone, Buffy turned to Spike and smiled. “Well…what are you waiting for?”

“What?” he asked nervously.

“Well…this is a club…and there is music. I say there is some dancing that’s in order.”

Spike smiled nervously, and shifted his weight. “I-um-I don’t dance, pet.”

“Don’t or won’t?” Buffy pressed with mischief in her eyes.

“Don’t-as-as in I can’t.” Spike sounded like a teenager again. Although this time it was much scarier. Buffy had a way of making him nervous beyond belief.

“Oh, sure you can…you probably just forgot in your old age.” She quipped with a bright smile.

“Hey, you were the one that said I looked young.” He retorted, in an almost hurt voice.

Buffy just giggled, grabbed his hand, and pulled him towards the dance floor.

The beat of a new song started up as they reached the middle of the floor. The slower more sensual pulsing of the music was more appealing to both of them: Buffy because she got to be closer to him, and Spike because he was sure he wasn’t going to look like a complete git.

Twisted this feeling walked out of shape
So tired of revealing the moves that I make

And I know, yes I know, but is this real?
And I know, yes I know, but is this real?


Buffy turned her back to his front, and silently thanked the Gods that she was a girl that knew how to move her hips. She took his hands in hers and lightly placed them on her hips, as she started to sexily move her hips to the slow, pulsing beat.

Feeling inconstant could drive me insane
Flesh to blood to bone to love
Twisted...

And I know, yes I know, but is this real?
And I know, yes I know, but is this real?

Is this real?


Spike was moving along with her, mimicking her slow swaying pattern. Buffy kept her hands on his, holding him to her. The two soon got lost in the ecstasy of the moment, closing their eyes, and letting the waves of the song pour over them.

Spike could hear her heart against his chest and could tell that she was just as effected by this dance as he was. He thought he was going to go crazy. Her hair smelt of lavender, and some beautiful smell that was uniquely her. The way her small body pressed against his was driving him mad with want.

Twisted this feeling
Flesh, blood, bone, love
Twisted
Twisted this feeling

And I know, yes I know, but is this real?
And I know, yes I know, but is this real?


The two moved as if they were making love on the dance floor. Completely consumed with each other, and completely lost to the world around them.

Willow was trying her hardest to keep Xander from ripping the two blondes apart. She thought they looked like a sexy couple, as Xander thought they would look a lot sexier without Spike in the picture.

Flesh to blood to bone my love
Twisted
Twisted

Is this real?


“Xander…relax. See the song’s already over.” Willow struggled not to sound hurt by the fact Xander was upset about Buffy dancing with another guy. It wasn’t like he knew she had been crushing on him for like, ever.

“Yeah but it doesn’t change the fact that she just met this guy-vampire-and she’s already dancing sexy with him and giving him moon eyes. I don’t trust this guy Wils. He’s bad news.” Xander frowned as he watched the two blondes stop dancing, and Buffy turn towards him with a coy smile.

He linked both his hands with hers and pulled her gently towards him. She looked up at him with wide green eyes. He placed a soft, and sweet kiss on her lips, and savoured the way her lips tasted of strawberries.

“I best be going, luv.” Spike whispered softly against her lips.

“So that’s it…you’re just gunna leave?” She whispered back, trying to keep the disappointment out of her voice and failing horribly.

“You’ll see me around.” Placing on last soft kiss on her lips, Spike backed away with a wink and walked confidently out of the club.

Buffy let out the dreamy sigh that was just dying to be released, and walked back towards their table.

Her life just got really interesting.

A/N: please review!!!