Author's Chapter Notes:
Thanks for all of your reviews, I guess that means you guys still enjoy my story. It means a lot to me.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Spike couldn’t remember the last time he had been this happy. At first when he’d woken up, he hadn’t dared to open his eyes. Afraid that if he did, he’d be alone. Then he’d felt the soft breathing against his neck and realized that it was real, that the beautiful woman now sleeping peacefully in his arms was here to stay.

Last night had been amazing. All he’d done was holding her, watching her as she slept, and it had been the best night of his life. At the same time he’d been terrified, terrified that it all was just a dream, that it was going to end as soon as he awakened. So he hadn’t dared go to sleep, he’d done everything he could to stay awake, so that if it all did turn out to be just a dream, he would be able to enjoy it as long as possible.

But eventually, he hadn’t been able to stay awake any longer; he’d finally given in and let sleep claim him, holding her tight like he never wanted to let her go, certain that when he awoke, she’d be gone. Only she wasn’t. He was now wide awake, and she was still here, still in his bed, still sleeping contentedly in his arms. It was almost too good to be true, but it was real.

Spike reached out his hand to gently caress her cheek, running his fingers softly through her golden hair. They’d come close to making love last night, but now he was almost grateful they hadn’t. The first time with Buffy would be worth waiting for, she was worth so much more than just a quick shag. When it finally happened, it would be something they’d both remember for the rest of their lives.

He rolled over to look at the alarm clock, careful not to wake her up. It was 8.30. He decided to get up and make Buffy breakfast in bed, letting her sleep for a little while longer. Though it was hard to get out of bed and leave her, he wanted nothing more than to just stay where he was and watch her forever. The craving for coffee finally won, however, and he let out a deep sigh before reluctantly leaving the warm bed, and the even warmer girl. His girl.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~



Buffy woke up with a frown, looking around the room in confusion. Then she remembered where she was, and smiled widely to herself. She was at Spike’s place, in Spike’s bed. She rolled over and buried her face in his pillow, inhaling his smell. Then she realized that she was alone, and pouted a little. The smell of fresh coffee suddenly hit her, and she smiled again.

Last night had been wonderful. At first, she’d been a little disappointed that they hadn’t made love, but at second thought, she was actually a little relieved. Everything had happened so fast; she still had a hard time taking it all in. Not that she hadn’t been tempted, hell, she’d be crazy not to be, but she wanted their first time together to be perfect. Doing it too soon could cause them to regret it later, and she didn’t want to risk that.

She also didn’t want Spike to think that the only reason she was interested in him was because of sex. Of course, she found him so hot it almost scared her; she got wet just by thinking of him for crying out loud! But that wasn’t the only reason she was attracted to him. He was just such an amazing guy, Buffy had never met anyone like Spike before.

The thought of how other girls had played with him and used him for their own pleasure, and then just thrown him away like he was nothing, made her furious. How dared they treat him like that? Spike was the sweetest, most wonderful man she’d ever met. Buffy realized that it would take some time before he really trusted her, but she could wait. She’d give him all the time he needed to see that she wasn’t like the other cold-hearted bitches he’d been unlucky enough to run into before her.

Deciding that she had spent enough time in bed and that maybe she should go see if Spike needed some help making breakfast, she quickly got dressed and left the bedroom. She found Spike in the kitchen, pouring coffee and juice in cups and glasses. His face fell when he saw her. “You’re supposed to be in bed!”

Buffy gave him an uncertain smile. “Um, good morning to you too?”

Laughing nervously, Spike walked up to her and placed a soft kiss on her lips. “Sorry, luv. Just thought I’d make you breakfast in bed is all. Didn’t think you’d be up so soon.”

Instantly melting, Buffy wrapped her arms around him, hugging him hard. “That is just so sweet. Thank you, I’ve never had breakfast in bed before.” She paused, smiling. “If you want, I can go back to bed and act surprised.”

Spike chuckled. “You do that. By the way, Xander stopped by with your cell phone, it’s on the coffee table in the living room.”

“That was very nice of him, remind me to thank him later.” Buffy gave Spike a final kiss on the cheek before heading for the living room to pick up her phone. On the way back to the bedroom, she flipped through the missing calls list and frowned. Riley had called her twelve times last night? What the hell was wrong with him, did he seriously think she’d be desperate enough to take him back?

She couldn’t believe Riley had the nerve to just show up here like that, telling her that he’d missed her and acting like nothing happened. Like he hadn’t been the one dumping her after first cheating on her for God knew how long.

Suddenly her phone beeped loudly, causing her to jump. She looked at the display and realized that she’d gotten a text message. It was from Riley. Why couldn’t he just leave her alone, what did he want now? At first she thought of just deleting the message, then she sighed and opened it.

It wasn’t a long message, just one sentence. And it made her see red. Furiously pressing the call button, she hurried into the bedroom and closed the door behind her just as Riley picked up at the other end of the line. “Buffy?”

“Riley, what the hell…?!”

Riley interrupted her. “Good; you got my message. We need to talk.”

Buffy rolled her eyes. “So you say. What makes you think I’d be interested in anything you have to say?”

She heard him sigh, patiently. “I promise; you’ll wanna hear this. Meet me at the Espresso Pump in an hour? Just listen to what I have to say, then if you want me to, I’ll get out of your life for good.”

Buffy hesitated for a moment. Seeing Riley again was the last thing she wanted to do, but if that would be the only way to get rid of him for good… “If I come and listen, you promise to leave me alone after?”

He answered quickly. “Of course. If that’s still what you want after hearing what I have to tell you, I’ll go back to LA.”

Having a strong feeling she would end up regretting it later, Buffy sighed. “All right, I’ll be there. See you in an hour.” Then she hung up, not waiting for Riley to respond. She threw the phone on the bed, burying her face in her hands. What had she gotten herself into now, and just how was she going to explain this to Spike?



TBC