Author's Chapter Notes:
Here you go, next chap, hope you'll enjoy. If I haven't said it before, I'm gonna try keep updating every other day so next chap will be up on Saturday.
Thanks Tammy for betaing!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket




Buffy almost whimpered at the loss of contact when Spike suddenly pulled back. “What are you doing? What’s wrong?”

“Nothing’s wrong, luv. I just…” Spike hesitated, wanting nothing more than to just take her right then and there. “Are you sure you wanna do this, Buffy?”

She almost groaned with frustration. “I thought I just showed you how much I wanna do this.”

Feeling like a right ponce, Spike looked away. “I know, I’m sorry.”

“Spike…don’t you wanna do this?” Buffy tried to keep her voice steady, suddenly terrified. What if he had changed his mind, could that be what this was all about?

Spike’s eyes widened when he realized what she must be thinking. “Are you kidding? Of course I wanna do this, pet. I just don’t want you to…”

Thinking she knew what he meant, Buffy interrupted him; “Spike, I know what you must be thinking, but I promise, I will still be here tomorrow. I’ve told you like a hundred times; I’m not like the other girls. I thought we were past this. Us having sex together is not going to change anything between us.” She suddenly realized that she’d just mentioned sex without blushing. Well, there was a first time for everything.

Spike smiled a little at her ramblings. Their clothes were long gone, thrown in a pile on the floor. For the last thirty minutes, they had just been lying there in bed, snuggling close together, kissing, touching, and caressing. The sexual tension in the room was so thick, one could almost cut it with a knife. Suddenly he had panicked, but for a different reason than what Buffy was thinking.

He had no doubts that she wanted him, but what if she wanted to do it for the wrong reasons? Maybe she wasn’t really ready, maybe she just felt sorry for him after his embarrassing little almost-breakdown earlier? Of course, he couldn’t ask her if that was the case. She’d freak out, thinking that he still didn’t trust her.

Buffy’s voice pulled him out of his thoughts, and he realized that she was still talking. “Sorry, pet, didn’t quite catch that.”

She looked a little nervous when she started over. “Last night? You know when we almost…?” He nodded. “I’m not saying I didn’t want to, but I was also a little relieved when we didn’t.”

Spike frowned at her words, looking disappointed. “Oh.”

“Wait, you misunderstand me. I know we haven’t known each other long, but everything just feels right, you know?” He nodded again, not sure of where she was going with this. “Last night, I wanted to, I mean really, really wanted to. But I was afraid that it was too soon. And I didn’t want you to think that…” Buffy looked away, suddenly feeling embarrassed.

Spike brought his hand up to gently cup her cheek, forcing her to look at him. “Think what?”

Buffy still didn’t want to meet his eyes. “That the only reason I wanted to be with you was because of… sex.” She blushed. “And that didn’t make me sound like a slut…”

Chuckling a little, Spike leaned over to place a soft kiss on her lips. Buffy smiled back, but looked a little confused. “What was that for?”

“No particular reason. So, you’re saying that you wanted us to do it last night?” Buffy nodded. “And you were disappointed when we didn’t?”

“No! Well… maybe just a little. But it doesn’t matter; we have all the time in… aah!” Buffy let out a yelp when Spike suddenly rolled them over so he was on top of her, then started attacking her lips with his.

All too soon, they had to pull back to catch their breath. Searching her face for any sign that she was not okay with them taking things to the next level, Spike found nothing. But he still needed her assurance. “Buffy, if you…”

“Just shut up, Spike, and take me!”

Not missing the playful note in her voice, Spike laughed a little, letting out the breath he had been holding. “You won’t have to tell me twice.” He kissed her again as he gently slid inside her, making her moan with pleasure.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~



Riley was sitting in the bar, taking a swig from his second beer. He had been so pleased when he’d gotten the copy of the police report from Willie, but Buffy hadn’t even looked at it. Sure, the case hadn’t been taken to court, but it didn’t matter. Buffy should know better than staying with an attempted rapist. He would just have to talk to her again, making her see things his way.

After making Buffy see for herself what Spike had been accused of, she would have no other choice but to leave him. And then he would be right there to comfort her. If he could only get Buffy to see that he really cared about her – and also was genuinely sorry for how things had ended between them – it would just be a matter of time before he’d get her back.

Of course, once he’d gotten her back, it didn’t mean that he would have to be faithful to her forever. He was just a man after all and like all men, had certain needs. But this time he’d be really careful so Buffy wouldn’t find out. He just had to prove it to her that he could be the perfect boyfriend. It would probably take a while, though, since, at this point, she obviously wasn’t interested in anything he had to say.

But that was okay, he had time. Tomorrow he’d go talk to her again. And hopefully, that conversation would turn out better than the last one.

“Hi, is this seat taken?”

Riley looked up, smiling at the blonde standing next to him with a hopeful look in her eyes. He supposed she was good-looking, although the word ‘hooker’ came to his mind. “Not at all. Can I buy you a drink?”

The girl sat down next to him, smiling gratefully. “Sure, that would be nice.”

Riley waved his hand to catch the bartender’s attention. Then he turned back to the girl. “I’m Riley. Riley Finn.”

The blonde girl gave him a bright smile. “Nice to meet you, Riley. I’m Harmony Kendall.”



TBC