Author's Chapter Notes:
I know, I'm evil. *lol* Thanks for all your reviews!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Buffy rolled her eyes, trying not to growl in frustration as she watched how the skanky blonde practically threw herself all over her man. Of course, said man hardly knew she existed, but she had every intention of changing that. When she had seen Spike approaching her, she’d panicked at first, then mentally slapping herself for almost letting a sudden fit of shyness stop her from meeting the man of her dreams.

She knew he had seen her watching him. Their eyes had met again, and when she had started towards him, he smiled at her. Then, out of nowhere, that ho-bag had appeared and ruined everything. Who was she, anyway? His girlfriend?! For some reason, she didn’t think that was the case, and she prayed that she was right. Besides, if Spike did have a girlfriend, he would probably not smile at her like that.

But had he really? Buffy suddenly felt uncertain. What if she had been wrong? Maybe Spike hadn’t been heading towards her at all? Maybe in reality he had been smiling at someone else? She turned around, suddenly terrified that she would have to watch Spike kissing the other girl. How could she have been so stupid? Of course he wouldn’t be interested in her. She let out a disappointed sigh, and headed back to Willow.


~*~*~*~*~*~*~



Spike pushed Harmony away from him, his eyes immediately darting to where he had last seen the other girl, only to realize that she was gone. If it was possible, his heart sank even more. He turned back to Harmony, giving her a bewildered look. “Harmony, what the bloody hell are you doing?!”

Harmony pouted a little and batted her long eyelashes. “Aw, William, you’re hurting my feelings! Aren’t you glad to see me?”

Spike glared at her. “It’s Spike now. And why, pray tell, would I be glad to see you?” He looked around the room again, trying to catch a glimpse of the other blond girl, without any luck.

“Oh right, Spike. I have to tell you, that name suits you. Guess what? Tonight’s your lucky night, I’ve decided to give you a second chance!” She smiled brightly, as if she expected him to fall at her feet and thank her.

“You what?! Oh, bloody hell, I don’t have time for this...” Spike tried to get past her, but Harmony grabbed his arm to prevent him from leaving.

“How dare you treat me like this?! And why are you in such a hurry, anyway?” She noticed how he kept looking around the room. “Who are you looking for?”

Spike sighed. It was obvious that he wouldn’t find the other girl again, at least not now. He wouldn’t give up, though. But first he had to get rid of Harmony, the annoying bint.

Being with Harmony had been one of the biggest mistakes he had ever made, he realized that now. He hadn’t thought so at the time, of course. Back then, he had simply been thrilled that such a girl would even look his way. However, it didn’t take long before he realized that the only positive thing about Harmony was the outside, if even that. She had been one of the most popular girls in school, but she was not very sharp.

The sex had been good, he supposed, but that was pretty much it. And he suspected that she hadn’t exactly been faithful to him during their short, so called relationship. Eventually, she had gotten tired of him and dumped him for another guy.

And now, here she was, telling him that she was willing to give him a second chance. It would almost be funny, if he hadn’t been so desperate to get away from her.

“That’s hardly any of your business. Look Harmony, you’re the one who dumped me, remember? I haven’t seen you for more than a year, and I’d liked it that way. After the way you treated me, you don’t have the right to…”

Harmony interrupted him with a snort. “Come on, Spike, you can’t blame me for that! You were a geek back then; you should be thankful I stayed with you for as long as I did. But you’re different now, I can tell. Why don’t we just go to the bar, then you can buy me a drink and…”

Spike stared at her in disbelief. “Are you daft?! I’m not going anywhere with you, just sod off!” He turned around to leave, but Harmony wasn’t done.

“So, who is she? She’s gotta be something, considering how you’re ditching me to go find her.” Spike spun around again, opening his mouth to speak, but she ignored him and went on; “Just tell me; what makes you think she would ever be interested in you? Or that anyone would be, for that matter? You’re nothing, William! Changing your name doesn’t change who you are, and you’re still the pathetic loser you’ve always been.”

Spike tried not to let her hurtful words get to him, but suddenly he felt uncertain. Was it possible that Harmony could be right? Was it stupid of him to think that it had meant something, the way the other girl had looked at him? Had he been wrong about her?

Seeing the worried look on his face, Harmony smiled to herself. This was almost too easy. “Think about it, will you? If you change your mind about wanting to buy me a drink, I’ll be at the bar.” With that final comment, she left, leaving Spike to look after her in defeat.

What was he thinking?! Of course he had been wrong. There was nothing special about that girl, she would just treat him the same way girls always treated him. So, maybe he would ‘get lucky’, as Xander so nicely had put it, but then she would leave, like all the others. She would probably be willing to go home with him, maybe even stay the night, but then what? He wanted more. Right, like that would ever happen!

With a sigh, he made up his mind and headed for the exit. He would get out of here, just go home and pretend this night had never happened. He felt a little bad about leaving without telling Xander, but he knew that if he would, the questions and objections would never stop.

He looked around the room one last time, noticing the large number of couples up on the dance floor. They all looked so happy, so much in love. He wanted what they had. He wanted it so badly, it hurt.

Deciding that he’d had enough torment for one night, he left the club and headed for the parking lot. Just when he was about to get into his car, he felt a small hand on his arm.

“You’re leaving?”



TBC