Author's Chapter Notes:
The whole story's been betad now, (thanks Katkin!) so feel free to read the previous chapters again, they are much better now. Again, thanks for all your wonderful reviews, they mean the world to me.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


“Oh my God, this has got to be the best thing I’ve ever had in my mouth!” Buffy licked some of the whipped cream off the spoon, happily munching on her ice cream sundae, and let out a blissful sigh.

Spike smiled at her, trying not to let his frustration show. Seriously, was the girl trying to kill him? Buffy let out a little moan of pleasure, and he felt himself getting almost painfully hard. Then she picked up her napkin to wipe away a little bit of chocolate sauce at the corner of her mouth, and Spike felt his mouth watering, wishing for a moment that he could be the one to lick it off for her instead. Funny how she seemed to be completely oblivious to how much her innocent actions affected him.

Dinner had been absolutely perfect so far, and now they were enjoying their desserts in a comfortable silence. Or, to be more accurate; Buffy was. Because Spike was too busy enjoying the sight of her, watching in fascination how she seemed to devour her ice-cream with an almost agonizing pleasure.

Spike was having a great time, and he had a feeling Buffy felt the same way. They had simply been talking for hours while having dinner, no awkward moments at all, not a single one. He had told her a bit more about himself, as had she. So far, he had learned that she worked at the Magic Box, a small shop he had never heard of. Also, he had told her about his job at the Sunnydale library, something he usually didn’t like to talk about much. He actually did enjoy his job, but it didn’t really go well with his new, bad boy image now, did it?

Buffy had told him that she’d had a boyfriend back in LA and how their relationship had ended just before she moved to Sunnydale. She hadn’t gotten into any specific details about it, though, and he hadn’t asked. However, he did tell her that he hadn’t been in a serious relationship for a while, leaving out the large number of girls he had been with over the last year. He wasn’t stupid; he knew that no girl would appreciate hearing such a thing on their first date. Besides, it wasn’t something he was very proud of, either.

Seeing the look their waiter was now giving them, Spike decided that it was time to ask for the check and waved his hand to catch the man’s attention. It had been almost an hour since their last order and he and Buffy had finished their desserts a while ago. Not that he wanted the night to end just yet; it was going too well to do so and if it was up to him, he would definitely keep her for a few hours longer. However, knowing from previous conversation that Buffy had to get up early the next morning to open up the shop, he forced back a sigh while signing the slip that magically appeared in front of him. Unfortunately, by the look of things, the evening was almost over.

“What do you say, pet? Wanna call it a night? It’s getting late.” He noticed the disappointed look on her face before she covered it with a forced smile. Obviously, she didn’t want the night to end either. Interesting...

“Yeah, sure. Do you mind if I just go to the bathroom first?” Buffy tried not to sigh in disappointment; she had known all along that the night had to end eventually. She just couldn’t remember the last time that she had enjoyed a night out so much, every moment with Spike had been fun. They had laughed and joked and gotten to know each other better, and the more she had gotten to know him, the more she liked him. She also suspected that the feeling was very much mutual.

“Of course not, luv. Go ahead, I’ll wait right here.” Buffy nodded and left, leaving Spike to ponder about what to do next. He really wanted to see Buffy again, maybe he should just ask her if she wanted to get together again some time. What amazed him the most was that although she was obviously attracted to him, she hadn’t indicated even once that they should sleep together. She had seemed happy to just be with him, on all accounts, actually enjoying his company.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~



Twenty minutes later, Buffy and Spike were once again standing outside her apartment, neither seeming to want to leave. For a brief moment, Buffy wondered how Spike would react should she just lean over and kiss him, but she immediately dismissed the thought. It was way too soon for such an intimate act; after all, they had only just been out on their first date.

Buffy pondered the thought of inviting him in, just for a cup of coffee or something. That would be innocent enough, right? She could tell that Spike was reluctant to leave, and she was desperate to keep him around, even if it was just for a little while longer. She took a deep breath and gave him a soft smile. ”Um, would you like to come inside?”

Spike stared at her in surprise, not sure of what to say. Suddenly he had no idea what she expected from him, now that she had asked him in to her apartment. There could only be one reason for that, right? She wanted them to do more than just talk, but was obviously too shy to bring it up herself.

Well, he was Love’s bitch after all, and he was already willing to do just about anything for Buffy. Not that he didn’t want to have sex with her, hell, he wasn’t completely daft. The thing was just that he hadn’t seen it coming. He hadn’t expected Buffy to be the kind of girl who was willing to go so far on the first date. The thought that maybe she just didn’t want him to go just yet never even crossed his mind.

“Sure, pet, I’d love to.” He was rewarded with a bright smile, and he followed her inside.

About five minutes later, Buffy had given him the tour, relieved that her small apartment had been at least somewhat decent and that she hadn’t left anything embarrassing, like her underwear, lying about somewhere. “That’s it. You like?”

Spike nodded. “Yeah, it’s great. Listen Buffy, I…” Their eyes met and he stopped, not sure of how to continue. He wanted to tell her how much he had enjoyed their date, and really wanted to see her again, but suddenly he became very uncertain. What if he had been wrong, maybe she had just been after this all along? Well, in that case, who was he to refuse? He would just give her what she wanted.

Buffy watched as Spike took a step closer, holding her breath. Was he going to kiss her? She closed her eyes as he reached out and gently cupped her cheek, placing a soft kiss on her lips. She let out a small moan as she happily returned the kiss, hungrily.

The world seemed to stop and for a brief moment, nothing else existed but the two of them. Buffy slid her arms around Spike’s neck, feeling him hugging her closer and leaned into his touch, almost desperately. All of the sudden, she became aware of his hardening erection, and froze in her tracks. Suddenly realizing how far they were about to go, she pulled back in panic. “Spike, wait!”

Spike let go of her immediately, a confused look on his face. “What’s wrong, luv? I thought this is what you wanted.”

Buffy took a step back, desperately trying to resist the urge to just jump him and continue where they left off. She took a deep breath. “It was... but I can’t do this now, it’s too soon. I can’t believe I almost…” She let out a horrified gasp. “Oh, God, I’m a slut!” Spike opened his mouth to object, but Buffy went on with her nervous ramblings; “We’ve just been out on one date for crying out loud! This is so wrong. Oh God…”

Spike tilted his head to the side, his face a mixture of hurt and confusion. “Buffy, I thought…” He swallowed. “You don’t wanna sleep with me, do you?”

Buffy stared at him in shock. “What? No! Are you kidding me?! We hardly know each other yet, I can’t believe you’d think…” She felt tears welling up in her eyes, not wanting to believe that Spike had only been interested in her for one reason; sex. Suddenly, she just wanted to break down and cry, but she managed to choke out; “I think you’d better leave now.”

Spike looked disappointed, but nodded in defeat. “Right, whatever you want. I’ll just… I’m sorry.” Letting out a miserable sigh, he hurriedly left the apartment, leaving Buffy to wonder how she could have been so completely wrong about him.


TBC