Author's Chapter Notes:
I can't believe I got so many nice reviews for the first chapter! It means so much to me, thank you all! :D
“Buffy, over here! Buffy!”

Buffy Summers hurried over to the red-haired girl who was waving at her eagerly, relieved to see at least one familiar face in the crowded room, and sat down next to her friend with a smile. “Hi, Willow.”

So, this was The Bronze, the best night club in Sunnydale. At least that was what Willow had told her earlier that day. Of course, the shy red head had also admitted that it was the only night club in town. Now looking around, Buffy had to admit that she was pleasantly surprised. The place was actually a lot nicer than she had expected.

Buffy had moved to this sleepy little town called Sunnydale, barely a week ago. Up until then, she had lived her entire life in LA, but after having to deal with her mother tragically passing away and her boyfriend dumping her, all in the same week, Buffy felt like she just had to get away from everything. She had decided to start over and try to push the painful memories to the back of her mind. So, here she was, ready for a fresh start and a clean slate.

She had been lucky enough to get a job right away, at a small shop called The Magic Box, specializing on selling various books and items of the occult. At first, Buffy had been a little skeptical to say the least, but since she was almost desperate and willing to take any job she could get, she had accepted the position as soon as it had been offered to her. After only a few hours, though, she began to fall in love with the strange, yet cozy little shop.

She was still a little nervous around the owner of the place; Anya Jenkins. Anya was actually a nice woman when all was said and done, but she was very blunt and outspoken, and definitely not, Buffy thought, afraid to speak her mind. Unfortunately for her, having spent the last few days in the shop with Anya, Buffy now knew more than she had ever wanted to about the other woman’s sexual life.

Buffy soon realized that the magic shop had a small circle of regular customers, one of them being Willow Rosenberg. They had started talking one day, and Buffy immediately took a liking to the girl. It didn’t take long before the two of them became friends, and now here they were, meeting up at the popular club for a drink after work.

Willow called herself a “wicca”, and was apparently very interested in learning all about witch craft, an interest she shared with her girlfriend Tara. Willow talked about Tara a lot, and it was obvious that the two of them were very much in love. Buffy had yet to meet the other girl, but she was looking forward to it. From what Willow had told her, Buffy already knew that she would like her. Hopefully, the three of them would become close friends.

They were sipping on their drinks, talking and laughing comfortably, when they were interrupted by a beautiful dark-haired girl who had pushed her way through the crowd to sit down next to them.

The girl barely looked at Buffy before turning to Willow. “Hi, Willow! Wow, that’s a really nice shirt you’re wearing!”

Willow looked skeptical. “Really? You like it?”

The other girl rolled her eyes and snorted. “No. I’m just trying to be polite here!”

“Oh.” Willow nodded like that was just what she had been expecting. Then she seemed to remember that she wasn’t alone, and turned back to Buffy. “I’m sorry, Buffy. This is Cordelia Chase. Cordelia, this is Buffy Summers. She’s new in town.”

Smiling politely, Buffy reached out her hand in greeting. Cordelia gave her a look saying she was clearly unimpressed, before finally accepting the blonde girl's hand, shaking it quickly. Then she spotted something, or more likely; someone, in the crowd and jumped up. “Excuse me! I need to go talk to some important people now. Bye!” And she was gone.

Buffy glanced at Willow, a little uncertain. “She seemed… nice.”

Willow laughed a little. “Oh, don’t let her scare you. Cordy’s ok, really. It’s just that sometimes, she can be a little… well she has a tendency to act like…”

Buffy raised her eyebrows. “A bitch?”

Willow giggled. “Yeah.”

Also giggling, Buffy swallowed down the last of the contents in her glass and jumped up. “Refill! You want?”

Willow shook her head with resolve. “Oh, no. I’ve had enough, but you should go get some more. For you, I mean. Not that I find you so boring that I have to get you drunk or anything! I just meant that… I’m babbling, aren’t I? Sorry.”

Buffy smiled. “Don’t worry. I have a tendency to babble sometimes, too. You’ll stay here and keep the table?”

Willow nodded. “Sure.”

After picking up her purse, Buffy headed for the bar. On the way over there, she passed three guys, trying not to smile as they all checked her out, none too discretely. She couldn’t help but look back over her shoulder, which resulted in her missing the chair that had suddenly been pulled out in front of her. Stumbling, she desperately tried to stay on her feet, but failed miserably and fell headlong onto the floor.

Not able to remember the last time she had been so embarrassed, Buffy grabbed her purse and tried to get up as quickly as possible. That was when a large hand appeared in front of her. “Looks like you could use a hand.”

Buffy looked up, blushing as she looked into a pair of brown eyes, belonging to a good-looking, dark-haired man. She hesitated for a brief moment before taking his offered hand and allowed him to pull her back up on her feet. “Thanks. I can’t believe that just happened. God, that was so embarrassing!” She cringed as she mentally cursed her clumsiness.

The man laughed, softly. “Don’t worry. It looked kinda painful, though. You ok?”

“Yeah. I’m fine.” Buffy wanted nothing more than to run away, preferably to the bathroom and hide there for the rest of the night, but it seemed like the strange guy had other ideas.

“I’m sorry, where’s my manners? I’m Angel. Angel O’Connor. Nice to meet you, um…”

Buffy sighed. “Buffy Summers.”

Angel smiled, widely. “Well, nice to meet you, Buffy Summers. I don’t suppose you’d let me buy you a drink?”

He looked so hopeful that Buffy almost felt sorry for having to turn him down. “Thanks, but I don’t think so. I gotta go back; my friend’s waiting for me.”

Angel looked disappointed, but nodded. “Of course. Hey, if you change your mind, you know were to find me. You and your friend are more than welcome to join us at our table.”

Buffy glanced over to were he was pointing. She noticed two young men, both very attractive, sitting at a nearby table, looking at her and Angel with interest. A third man was also sitting with them, but he had yet to look up. When he finally did, their eyes met for a brief moment. That was when Buffy's world stopped. However, he looked away almost immediately and Buffy was left to stare at his downcast head, finding herself having a hard time to breathe.

He had bleached blond hair, amazingly sharp cheekbones, and the most beautiful, piercing blue eyes. Buffy felt light-headed, for a moment almost fearing that she would pass out. He was the most gorgeous man she had ever seen!


TBC