Author's Chapter Notes:
Due to some serious poking by both my friends and my muse I have decided to contnue this fic. A huge thanks to Dusty273 for beta-ing this for me! I am currently writing two others, so updates on this one may be a little slower than usual, but I will never start a fic and not finish it.
Spike tossed and turned, his naked limbs twisting in the expensive motel sheets. However, tonight sleep eluded him. He was so close to fulfilling his dreams that he could practically taste it, but because of his careless actions now he could lose it all.

He hadn’t stopped to check her finger for a ring, hadn’t bothered to remember why he had come to the party, bloody hell I didn’t even wear a sodden condom, he groaned. But even as he lay in the darkened hotel room, he couldn’t deny he wanted her still. He was hard just thinking of the way their bodies moved together. She was so full of passion and fire and her eyes, they haunted him. A lesser man could lose himself in their emerald depths. But not Spike, he was determined to keep his eye on the prize. He had worked too long and hard to let some chit come along and bollocks the whole thing up for him. From now on it was strictly business.

Yeah, right, he moaned as he climbed out of bed to take another cold shower.



********************

Buffy stood in front of the mirror combing her dampened hair. She knew she had behaved foolishly. Not only had she been unfaithful to her husband, but she had blatantly flirted with Spike right in front of Liam. But she had looked forward to this meeting for months. For months she had dreamed of meeting the man behind the words. William “Spike” Radcliffe’s books were the tales of rugged private eye Drake Rogers. His books were exciting and erotic. So many nights she lay in bed, escaping in his stories. So many nights she ached for the kind of man he wrote about. A hero to come rescue her from her life.

Buffy had fantasized endlessly that it was her that he was making love to. She became every heroine, every damsel in distress. Every woman hero Drake Rogers had ever saved.

After finally seeing Spike’s picture, Buffy knew she had to meet him. Seducing him like she had was risky, but she was certain once he found out who her husband was, she would have lost her only opportunity. Everyone was afraid of her husband and rightly so. He was a cruel man who was insanely jealous of any man who dared look at what was his.

Buffy knew she had taken a huge risk for one moment of raw passion but she had not been disappointed. His touch had surpassed her wildest expectations. As erotic as his writing was, she was not prepared for the intensity of his love making.

“Hello, lover,” Liam appeared in the mirror behind her.

Buffy’s eyes widened, surprised by her husband’s sudden appearance. Usually on nights like tonight he stayed downstairs drinking and talking business until the wee hours of the morning. The fact that he was here in the bathroom this early did not bode well for Buffy.

Liam softly caressed her arm, his eyes never leaving hers. Buffy watched him cautiously in the mirror, forcing herself to smile. Bringing a hand up, he stroked her face gently.

“You were a very naughty girl tonight, weren’t you, Elizabeth?” Liam smiled.

It was a cold smile that sent a shiver straight down her spine.

“What do you mean, darling?” Buffy asked innocently.

“Acting like a little slut in front of that nobody. Making him look at you like he had no business looking at you. Were you trying to make me jealous, lover? Were you trying to get my attention?” he asked lightly gripping her throat.

“No…um no, baby, I just drank too much. I didn’t even realize I was…” Buffy’s words were choked off when Liam tightened his grip.

“Do you want to fuck him?”

“What…no…he is just some…stupid writer. I was just trying to make him nervous…really.” Buffy gasped.

Liam loosened his grip studying his wife in the mirror.

“You did make him squirm.” Liam chuckled.

Buffy let out a breath just in time for him to tighten his grip again.

“Don’t do it again. You want my attention all you have to do is ask.” he murmured nuzzling her hair. “You’re mine, Elizabeth. I love you so much.” He whispered kissing her shoulder.It makes me crazy to think of another man wanting you. You know I would kill him if he touched you…don’t you, lover?” He warned pulling at her nightgown strap until it snapped, falling to the floor.

“Yes…Liam. I know.” she whispered as tears burned her eyes.

Liam turned her around, his eyes raked possessively down her body.

“Besides we all know that no one would want you if they knew the truth…would they, Elizabeth?” he sneered.

“No…just you, Liam. I’m just yours.” Buffy choked back a sob.

“That’s my little lover. Now come to bed.” He demanded leading her out of the bathroom.


********************


Buffy rushed thought her office door straightening her skirt. She had spent endless hours in front of the mirror trying to look just right. She had finally decided on a straight black skirt falling just above her knees, with an emerald green silk blouse. She had kept her makeup simple and her hair was swept up on her head with a few stray curls framing her face.

She pretended her attention to detail was the result of her new position as the head of the publishing division, but she knew it had more to do with her first appointment.

“Good morning, Andrew.” Buffy beamed.

“Good morning, Mrs. Ang…I mean Ms. Summers.” Andrew smiled sheepishly.


“Has Mr. Radcliffe arrived yet?” Buffy asked nonchalantly.

“Yes ma’am, he is waiting in your office.” Andrew smiled.

“Great…hold all my calls.” Buffy smirked.

Spike paced back and forth trying to mentally prepare himself. It had been over a week since he had seen Buffy. He hadn’t been able to get her out of his head. When Wes had called to say she was requesting a meeting he was sure he could handle it. Now sitting here in her office, he was having second thoughts.

When the door opened, he turned and froze where he stood. She was radiant. Where Buffy had appeared sexy and free-spirited at the party, today she was classy and elegant. Spike closed his eyes inhaling her sweet scent.

“Mr. Radcliffe, I’m so sorry I’m late.” Buffy smiled offering her small hand.

Spike numbly took her hand feeling a bolt of electricity at her touch. He quickly pulled his hand back and walked to the chair on the far side of the room. He felt an immediate need to put some distance between them.

“What is this all about?” He asked staring at the floor.

“Your book deal. What else would it be about?” She purred.

Spike stood up closing the distance between them. He had been determined not to bring up there rendezvous, but being here with her now, he knew that was impossible.

“Listen, I don’t know what you are trying to pull, but I don’t enjoy being jerked around.” Spike narrowed his eyes.

Buffy looked up innocently, “I‘m not trying to pull anything, Mr. Radcliffe. I’m sure you will find the contract is quite generous.”

“I’m not talking about the bloody contract!” Spike yelled.

Buffy sighed, “Listen if this is about what happened the other night…”

“Damn right it is about what happened the other night! Why didn’t you tell me who you were?” Spike roared.

“That‘s funny, Mr. Radcliffe, I don’t remember you being overly concerned with that.” Buffy smirked.

“I don’t make a habit of sleeping with married women, especially ones married to my future boss.” Spike retorted through gritted teeth.

“I was wearing my ring and technically I’m your boss, not my husband.” Buffy looked at him amused.

Spike again began to pace, he was furious. How could she take this so lightly? Like it wouldn’t even have any effect on their working together.

“It was wrong, it shouldn’t have happened.” Spike forced out, with his back turned to her.

Buffy couldn’t help feeling stung by his words. Even though she had continually told herself it could never happen again, somehow knowing he regretted it almost brought her to tears.

“Fine, it was wrong! I get it! Now can we just forget about it already and get some business done?” Buffy spat defensively.

Spike turned narrowing his eyes at her. “It’s already forgotten,” he answered coldly.

“Great!” Buffy screamed.

“Fine!” Spike yelled taking a step towards her.

“Well, I certainly hope this isn’t how you greet all my new clients, darling.” Liam chuckled from the doorway.

“Liam,” Buffy choked as her eyes widened. Her hand instinctively went to her neck. Though the bruises had all faded, she hadn’t forgotten the feeling of his large hand wrapped tightly around her throat. It had remained there the entire time, squeezing as he fiercely pumped into her until she had finally passed out. She had awoken some time later to his soft words of apology and love.

“Hello, Elizabeth, I thought I would stop by and see how your meeting was going. Is everything okay?” Liam walked over to where she stood before wrapping his arms possessively around his wife.

Buffy was clearly flustered. “Oh, of course, we…a…just had a few…plot disagreements.”

“Really? I didn’t realize you would take plot advice from a novice, Mr. Radcliffe.” Liam raised an eyebrow.

Spike knew the comment was clearly an insult to Buffy. He felt a sudden need to defend the blond.

“You said yourself she is a reader of my work. Sometime they are the true experts,” Spike countered.

Liam was recognizably annoyed. “Yes, well, I suppose you are going to need all the help you can get. I spoke with some of my business associates and have decided I want to move forward a little quicker than originally planned. I have a new contract here. Feel free to look it over,” Liam announced taking out a folder from his briefcase.

“New contract? Liam…” Buffy started.

Liam sent her a stern look, “Elizabeth I told you from the beginning I would step in as I see fit.”

“Bloody hell…December? You want the first print to be out in December?” Spike blurted out.

Liam chuckled, “Looks like if you want the contract, you better get to writing.”

“I’m staying at a hotel. I haven’t had time to make arrangements. All of my things are still in London,” Spike announced.

“If you need a place to stay, I have a rather large guest house at my estate. I will have Jonathon make the necessary preparations, that way Elizabeth can be there to assist you with whatever you need.” Liam sneered.

“What? No, I can’t, Liam. I have the whole publishing division to run,” Buffy argued.

Liam sighed, “I have decided to make this a trial run. Right now Radcliffe is our only client. If it works out, then we can go on from there.”

“But that isn’t what you said. You promised…” Buffy bit back a sob of humiliation.

“Elizabeth! That is enough!” He grabbed Buffy’s arm escorting her out of the office.

“If you will excuse us for a moment, Mr. Radcliffe.” Liam called over his shoulder.

Spike wanted to follow. Seeing him wrap his meaty paws around Buffy’s slim arm angered him. He could hear them arguing in the hall outside the office door.

“Andrew, get lost!” Liam demanded watching the boy scamper away.

“I will not explain to you or anyone else what I choose to do with my money. And you won'tembarrass me like that! Are we clear?” Liam’s voce was low and threatening.

“Now, I have work to do. Get your pretty little ass back in there and get him to sign that fucking contract. Or can’t you handle that by yourself either?” Liam mocked.

“I…I’ll do it,” Buffy sobbed.

Liam stroked her tears from her eyes and sighed, “Come home early and I will take you out for a nice dinner, anywhere you want to go, okay?” he smiled kissing her soundly on the lips.

Buffy nodded. When Liam walked out the door she turned to look at her office door. How could she go in there now? Liam had completely humiliated her. Spike would think she was a total idiot incapable of doing her job.

Steeling herself, she wiped the moisture from her face. Buffy plastered on a bright smile and opened her door.

“I signed it,” Spike said simply handing her the envelope.

“Wha…don’t you want to have someone look over it first?” Buffy looked stunned.

“Nope,” he answered walking towards the door. He stopped and turned around looking Buffy right in the eyes, “I will see you on Saturday.”

“What happens on Saturday?” Buffy asked numbly.

“I’m moving into your guest house.” Spike smiled.