Author's Chapter Notes:
I hope there is still someone following this story. Real life has been a bit chaotic. For a while i had lost my will to write, but i always knew i would return. Sometimes it seems when things are at their worst, motivation hits. I promise not to be so long in between updates. Thank you to Mari and Kitty who both always inspire me :)
previously


She was there again. The scent of cheap cologne and old beer filled her senses. She made her way through the crowd trying to ignore the predatory eyes that always seemed to follow her every move.

Plastering on her best smile, she served drinks to the small table of business men. She inwardly cringed but pretended not to notice when his hand grazed her breast to hand her a tip. His smile didn’t hide the leer in his eyes. He’d been here before. He slipped his business card into her hand. Buffy looked down at the small, crisp piece of paper with the fancy lettering.

Suddenly the music stopped as a slow chill crawled up her spine. The card seemed to evaporate into thin air. Buffy brought her hands up as crimson liquid covered her slender fingers. The scream that had been building in the back of her throat once again was left frozen at her lips.


Buffy woke with a start, unable to control her trembling limbs as she scampered out of the bed. Her heart raced as she practically flew down the stairs and out the back door. She wasn’t sure if she was running away or running towards something, but she knew she couldn’t stop.



Chapter 8


Buffy’s thighs burned and small pebbles tore at her feet, but it didn’t stop her. Tears blinded her view as she sped across the lawn. She wasn’t fully aware of where she was running until she was standing before the large wooden door. Trembling, small fists pounded with a force she wasn’t aware she had.

The pounding in Spike’s head grew louder. Blinking the sleep from his eyes he slowly rose off of the cushion-less couch. He heard the noise again and immediately realized the sound was not one of the effects of the alcohol. Stumbling past the debris he made his way towards the door.

“Bloody hell!” he cried out in pain, as he stepped on the remnants of the forgotten bottle of whisky scattered about the floor.

He pulled open the door, still cursing from the pain radiating from his foot. When he saw the small blond standing at the other side he was tempted to slam it shut, not ready to face her or acknowledge the tightening in his chest that the mere sight of her produced.

Spike had barely opened the door when Buffy flew into his arms. Her trembling body clinging to his as sobs tore from her throat.

All of the pain and anger disappeared the moment she touched him. When he heard her sobs he pushed her slightly away so he could look at her face.

“Love, what happened?”

Buffy shook her head unable to speak as she clung to his shirt. Spike took her face in his hands gently wiping her tears with his thumbs.

“Did that bastard hurt you?” Spike demanded not able to keep the fury from his voice.

“No…no, nothing happened.” Buffy stammered grasping his hands with her own. “I just…I had a nightmare, I …oh God, Spike, what happened?”

Spike looked down noticing the smears of blood that marred the carpet. “’S nothin’, just…” he said reaching down to pull a large sliver of glass from his foot.

“Spike, you have to get that cleaned up,” Buffy demanded pulling him towards the couch.

Buffy stopped short noticing that the small cottage was destroyed. Her eyes widened as she noticed the overturned chairs and smashed table. She turned to Spike who simply shrugged. Buffy walked to the pile of empty bottles and turning to Spike, she raised a questioning eyebrow.

Spike looked down unable to meet Buffy’s eyes. “Got thirsty,” he smirked, reminding her of a small boy who was being reprimanded.

“Uh huh,” she said, feeling tears of guilt prickling at the back of her eyes, she tried to blink them away as she took his hands and pulled him to her.

“I’m sorry.”

Spike looked up, seeing the unshed tears in her eyes. He sighed bringing her hands up to kiss her knuckles. “I’m a big boy, Buffy, knew what I was getting into.”

“Yeah, but…” Buffy was silenced as he brought a finger to her lips.

“Don’t.”

Buffy nodded, she knew he didn’t want to hear her excuses and they both knew she couldn’t offer any promises. She gave a half smile and directed him to the sole chair left upright in the room.

“I’m going to get the first aid kit. I think there is one in the bathroom.” Buffy said disappearing down the hall.

An hour later, Spike’s feet were cleaned and bandaged and the two of them had cleaned up the remaining glass from the floor. Buffy fell to the couch exhausted by the long night. Spike watched as she closed her eyes letting her head fall back. Her thin night gown clung to her small breasts as she breathed.

Spike tore his eyes away clearing his throat “So…you had a nightmare?”

Buffy’s eyes opened, her smile unable to mask the sudden fear in her eyes. “It was nothing,” she said standing suddenly.

Spike approached her, cupping her face in his hands. “Don’t shut me out, Buffy. You came to me for a reason.”

Buffy leaned in placing a chaste kiss on his lips. “I’m not, I just don’t want to talk about it.”

“Right,” Spike said turning away. “Guess you should be getting back to your husband.”

“Yeah, I guess,” Buffy whispered walking toward the door.

“Buffy…”

She turned just as he reached her. He captured her lips pressing her back against the door as he devoured her mouth. Buffy moaned into his mouth as her hands came up under his thin t-shirt desperate to feel his skin.

Spike scooped her up walking toward the couch, his mouth never leaving hers. Laying her down, he wordlessly pulled her nightgown over her head leaving her clad in nothing but her thin, lacey panties.

“Beautiful,” he breathed reaching down to capture her nipple between his teeth. Buffy arched her back whimpering while he tasted and teased one small pink bud first then the other.

Buffy reached up tugging his shirt over his head, pulling him down to nip at his lips. She could feel his denim clad erection pressing against her thigh.

Spike moved his way down her neck once again worshipping her small breasts as his hands gently traced her soft curves. Buffy felt like her skin was on fire as he worked his way down her body. Her legs parted, allowing his lips to brush along the insides of her thighs.

“Spike…please…” she breathed, her sultry voice taking a hard edge as she raised her hips towards his face.

Spike smiled running a finger across her damp lace panties. “Tell me, kitten, what do you want?”

“You…now,” Buffy answered gasping when his fingers slipped inside her thong and he thrust them deep inside of her.

Spike watched enthralled as she writhed under his skilled touch. She was gorgeous…raw…real. This was his Buffy. With a sharp tug the scrap of lace was ripped from her body but before she could protest she felt his wet mouth begin to explore her folds. His long fingers still buried deep inside of her as his tongue flicked eagerly over her swollen clit. Buffy let out a hoarse cry as she exploded in orgasm.

Buffy trembled as she felt him rise off of the couch. Her eyes opened to watch him pulling off his jeans. He looked like a statue. His skin pale and flawless. His muscles rippling underneath.

She blushed when he caught her staring. Spike smirked as he once again joined her on the couch. He brought his hand to her face as he kissed her gently on the mouth. Buffy pulled him closer as he positioned himself between her thighs.

His hand found her breast, thumbing over her nipple. Buffy could feel his cock nudging along her damp slit. With a twist of his slim hips he pushed himself home. Dual moans of pleasure filled the air as their naked bodies rubbed earnestly against the other, hungry for more.

“Feel so good…want you so much,” Spike babbled against her throat sending jolts of electricity through Buffy’s body.

Spike moaned as his cock slid in and out of her pussy. Her walls clenching around his shaft with each stroke as if to keep him there. He growled as he sank his full length within her again and again. Buffy’s body began to tremble as he quickened the pace. The world around them disappearing as she came fiercely, crying out his name. The mere sight of her coming sent him over the edge as he erupted within her.

They were both breathless as they clung to each other. Buffy’s eyes snapped open when she felt him nuzzle softly against her neck. She closed her eyes willing away the knowledge that she couldn’t stay.

“Spike…”

“Shhh…,” he whispered.

Buffy opened her eyes and saw his brow furrowed, his face somber. “Just…just for a few minutes…lie to me…” Spike let out a humorless chuckle “Pretend that you want to stay…here with me, okay?”

Buffy’s heart broke as she saw the pain in his eyes. She knew she should just leave, but instead she just nodded, knowing in her heart that it wasn’t a lie.