Author's Chapter Notes:
Sorry it has been so long in between upates. Hopefully it will move along more quickly now. Huge thank you to Drkdevin for helping me with this chapter and Dusty 273 and Jane for beta-ing.
Over the next weeks, Buffy avoided being alone with Spike at all costs. Andrew was more than happy to accompany her to meetings and her trips to the cottage. He had come to idolize the moody author. Buffy often suppressed a smile as the eager boy rattled on, questioning Spike on every aspect of his writing. She was careful to avoid his pleading eyes as they searched hers for answers. Answers she couldn’t provide, there was just too much at stake.


********************



She’d tried to keep herself absorbed with work. Liam had allowed her to expand the publishing division. She knew that she needed to choose her next new author carefully. Disappointing Liam was simply not an option. She’d spent hours upon hours reading manuscript after manuscript.

So it was no surprise she was so exhausted tonight when she entered the elevator, leaning against the back wall to support herself. It was late; time had flown by and only when she began to nod off at her desk, had she noticed that the sun had dipped beyond the horizon. She was thankful that her husband was away on business. Being out this late without so much as a phone call would have meant a world of trouble.

A hand appeared, stopping the elevator doors from closing. Fiery blue eyes met hers as Spike entered the elevator. She sighed, expecting him to demand an explanation about that night and opened her mouth to speak just as his lips crashed down on hers. Spike had been prepared for her resistance and almost pulled back when instead she began kissing him back with equal intensity. Buffy melted against his body as she felt his hands on her thighs.

Spike pushed her further into the wall of the elevator as he slid her skirt up to bunch at the waist. He’d intended the kiss to be a way to gain her attention, but that plan had quickly gone out the window the moment he’d felt her small hands tugging his hair, pulling him closer. His thoughts instantly spiraled out of control, as the need to touch her, every part of her, became the sole focus of his existence.

Buffy moaned as she felt his mouth on her neck, his denim covered cock throbbing against the thin material of her panties as he pressed her against the wall.

“Spike…someone will see us,” she breathed in mock protest, gathering all of her willpower to push lightly at his chest.

The elevator opened, thankfully revealing only the near empty parking garage. Spike grunted as he lowered her to the ground and wordlessly grabbed her hand and pulled her through the garage. Buffy allowed herself to be led towards a large sedan and watched as he fumbled for the keys and opened the passenger door.

She opened her mouth in protest when he pulled the front seat forward and motioned for her to get in the backseat. The words never left her mouth as he turned them and pinned her against the car, devouring her mouth with his.

“I’d gladly shag you right here, my love, but I thought you might be a bit more comfortable in the back seat.”

Buffy whimpered against his lips, all resolve leaving her body as she began to move towards the door. She froze when out of the corner or her eye she saw headlights rounding the corner entering the garage, though. Suddenly aware of her surroundings, she gasped when she noticed her skirt bunching around her waist, right out in the open for the world to see. She shoved Spike away and scrambled to straighten herself as she noticed the familiar Mercedes pull next to her SUV, which was parked only spaces away from where she and Spike were standing.

She held her breath, her stomach in knots, as she saw Lindsay Graham exit his car and walk towards them.

Her mind raced, he was Liam’s right hand man, and he was here, feet away from where she had just been about to fuck a man who was not her husband.

“Elizabeth, there you are.” Lindsay smiled, eyeing the couple suspiciously, “Liam was worried when he couldn’t get a hold of you on your cell.”

“My…cell,” Buffy murmured, looking around wondering where she might have dropped it. She thought back to the elevator, blushing as she realized she must have dropped it there, along with her keys.

“Are you all right?” Lindsay asked, studying the disheveled blond.

“Yeah, we just lost track of time. It’s my fault really; I had a plot twist I was anxious to run by Buffy,” Spike spoke up.

Lindsay then focused his attention on Spike, raising a questioning eyebrow. Buffy gulped suddenly feeling like a teenager caught by her parents.

“Lindsay have you met Sp…William Radcliffe?” Buffy asked, unable to stop the nervous giggle that fell from her lips.

“No, I haven’t,” Lindsay said, turning his attention once more on Buffy. “Why don’t you let me give you a ride home?”

Buffy hesitated before nodding in agreement, she knew better than to refuse Lindsay’s offer. She turned to Spike murmuring a brief goodbye.

“This isn’t over,” Spike said in a low, deep voice, catching her eyes.

“Yes, it is,” she said, turning away before her emotions could get the better of her.


********************



Buffy clasped her earrings, appraising herself in the mirror one last time in preparation for the party. She used to love getting all dressed up. It was the only time her husband seemed proud to have her near him; however, she soon learned that the attention came at a price. Though he insisted she look her best at all social gatherings, any unwanted attention she received from men had her husband seeing red. Sure he would laugh and joke about the attention when others were around, but later when everyone had left he made his true feelings known.

She picked up her curling iron, still hot from its use, her mind wandering as she pressed a well manicured finger along the smooth surface. She pulled her finger away watching as her ivory skin turned an angry red. Buffy looked up in the mirror, at the mask of perfection staring back at her and imagined pressing the barrel of the curling iron to her face, marring the soft, porcelain skin. Maybe if she were burned, scarred, he would leave her alone. Sighing, she placed it back on her counter, knowing that even that would not be an escape. It would only make Liam angry, enraged that his favorite mare was no longer show worthy.


********************



The party seemed to be going well. Willow and Tara were mingling and drinking wine. Liam was laughing and joking with clients. Buffy tensed when she noticed Lindsay approaching her husband. Ever since the encounter the week before, she couldn’t help but feel uneasy. Though Lindsay had always been nice enough to her, he was still her husband’s lackey. One word from him about finding her and Spike in the parking garage and…she shuddered at the thought.

She suddenly felt a strong body press against her back.

“Hello, gorgeous.”